UK UK - Charlie Smith, 13, from Christchurch Dorset, seen on CCTV w/unk man arr at Waterloo Sta, London, 3 Oct 2024

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
1728185059639.png
Charlie Smith, age 13

Charlie was last seen on Beaufort Road in Bournemouth on Thursday, October 3. He was in contact with his family at around 3.30pm but nobody has heard from him since.

Dorset Police said it had obtained footage of the teenager in the company of a man on Jumpers Road - two miles away - at around 4.45pm the same day.

Dorset Police

@dorsetpolice
Follow

#LatestNews - Can you help us?We are issuing a further appeal as we continue to search for missing #Christchurch teenager Charlie Smith, with CCTV of a a sighting at #Waterloo train station in #London being released.Anyone with information is urged to contact us, quoting occurrence 55240152578.

1728185425311.png

Police have released CCTV images of the last confirmed sighting of Charlie Smith along with a picture of a man they are keen to identify as part of their enquiries.

1728185878917.png

In one of the images, Charlie can be seen in the company of a man in the area of Jumpers Road, walking toward Barrack Road, in Christchurch at around 4.45pm on Thursday, October 3.
1728185774653.png

Charlie is described as five feet one inch tall and of slim build with shoulder-length black hair that is blond at the roots. He was last seen wearing grey or black baggy jeans, black platform shoes with white shiny bats on and a blue baseball jacket with white sleeves.

Worrisome on so many levels. Seems preplanned. The man he is with is obviously purposefully obscuring his identity. Can only hope someone recognizes him from these rather grainy photos or there's some sort of digital trail for law enforcement to follow. His family must be terrified.

There are so many cctv cameras in Waterloo, generally in London, in tube stations, etc. I hope they have been able to trace where they went after leaving the station.

I also hope they can release some moving footage rather than still images in which the man is completely unrecognisable.

It is believed the pair got on a train at Christchurch train station and travelled towards London at around 5.30pm.

They were seen on CCTV arriving at London Waterloo at around 7.20pm.

[...]

“We are now releasing CCTV images of Charlie in company with a man at London Waterloo station on the evening of Thursday 3 October 2024, which is currently the last confirmed sighting.

Urgent search for boy, 13, last seen 'in the company of man' as new CCTV issued

If Charlie's 5'1", that man is quite tall, maybe over 6 foot? If so, men of that height tend to stand out when you see them. It could be helpful if police could put a measure up against that wall to approximate his height, cos if it's about 6'4" he would really stand out and I think it would be worth publicising an estimate on that basis.

Quite distinctive trousers and shoes.

Last edited:
It stood out to me that in all these stills, Charlie is kind of tagging along behind this man, rather than walking alongside him.
I wonder if police are aware of perhaps who the man is? He took Charlie from Christchurch to London, was there CCTV on the train that showed them, perhaps they sat near people who might have overheard conversation? Charlie has bags but the man does not appear to be carrying anything. What direction did they go when they got of the train? Waterloo has a tube station and buses and taxis.
What about Charlie's parents or family? There is very little information given.

View attachment 535839

View attachment 535840

From the linked article:

His aunt Sue Boxford-Faulkner made an impassioned plea on social media which said: 'Please help bring my nephew home.

'If anyone sees him please get hold of one of the family or the police, we need to know where he is and need him home.

'Words cannot describe how the family are feeling, please help us find him.'

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back