Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #197

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
TC, even before his arrest, was a perfect example of how dishonest the defense team has been with pretty much everything they have put forth in every motion.
TC’s tale of investigating BH etc was exactly what the defense needed to bolster their big bombshell Franks #1 scenario, that will not be mentioned. They absolutely knew, however, that, in the end, TC could not prove any of his investigatees were in Delphi that day…per his sworn testimony at the hearings…and that he had not even bothered to check out BH’s alibi…per his sworn testimony. So they just didn’t mention that part, and because so many people lapped up the Franks motion as fact instead of half-lies, whole lies and manipulation, this charade continued for almost a year.
The SCOIN must be in cringe therapy trying to come to terms with what their lazy decision in January has done to this case.

Punctuation-wise, obviously working on my use of commas here. Think I nailed it.

Opinion
Didn't he testify that he never even questioned BH?

Unbelievable vetting skills.

I haven't seen very many PCAs because there hasn't been the intense interest in other cases I've followed. I know there doesn't have to be a lot of details in the PCAs but the ones I'm aware of have not been as bare-boned as this one. IMO.

As for the confessions, I'll wait for that one thing that we've never heard about, that only the murderer would know. However, I wonder how many other people know that? How did Cecil know he confessed to something only the killer would know?

IMO the case has been sealed pretty tight in favor of the prosecution. The defense has been blocked at almost every turn. Shrug...
LE kept everything very close to the vest in this case. The family didn't even know the cause of death of their own children when this happened. LE mentioned the reason they do that is so that they can rule out people who may falsely confess to the crime.

Your writing is always so beautiful and to the point!

There are so many reasons we won't understand.

Let's say RA woke up that morning and flipped a coin: tails, he'd off himself, heads, he'd commit the atrocities he had been dreaming off for years.
Maybe he had been so despondent due to mental health that life was a chore. Maybe the thought of inflicting terrors to children that were full of joy was the only thing that got him out of bed.

That's my theory at least; that if RA was the perpetrator he'd become so tired of every day life that most days he didn't care what happened or if he lived, and only the high if his fantasies drove him. That explains why he would talk to DD, why in theory he wouldn't throw away the clothes... he was too depressed to take real action to hide his terrible deeds. "If they arrest me fine, everything sucks anyways". And then of course he finally gets his comeuppance and he realises that it's so much worse to be alone with his thoughts than he ever dreamed of.

All MOO. I don't believe we will ever know the why.
I think we'll hear why, the jury will hear why right from RA's mouth. MO

I hope we get some very impartial, consistent and comprehensive reporting on the trial. My understanding is that reporters can’t report or tweet during the trial while in the courtroom, but we will get insights at breaks perhaps and end of day wrap-ups.

Hi all, been away for a bit. This is what I think went down. Richard Allen was brought into LE's radar by someone. This is what inspired LE to go over all the tips, there may have been something filed incorrectly. I don't remember if it was ever confirmed exactly how or what was filed incorrectly.

Not certain if RA was on their POI list or not all this time. It could have been a friend, relative, online acquaintance, or a person that interviewed RA prior. I do believe it was some type of evidence that led LE to RA first.
I believe this as well especially now since that state representative said the reward will go to the person who lead them to evidence that helps them get a conviction against RA.

It's crossed my mind that it could be co-worker.
Also there is a plethora of rumors about who may have tipped him in, including family members of his. (Not going to mention those names here though.

I don't think RA was on their radar at all. I think LE had his last name listed as his street address IIRC, Whiteman.

100% agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone who knew him through his daughter, since he seemed to have a very thin circle of friends. Which worked to his favour; if no one apart from his wife and mother really knew him, no one would be calling the police to report changes in behaviour.

But I do think he slipped a few times, maybe a remark, etc, maybe at the time of his breakdown in 2019, and someone got suspicious.

All MOO

PS: welcome back!
The Wabash river search was all over the news shortly before they brought RA in to question him.

I think in light of all of the talking about the case at the time, RA talked to somebody close to him about this case and this person then went to the police. That is my theory.

If he was behaving inappropriately around his daughters friends when they would visit can that be brought up in the trial?

I am wondering if they would testify if he made weird inappropriate comments or just came across as a sleazy old man.
If something of that nature happened, a strong enough connection to the crime he's on trial for would have to be made.

I don't see it happening. Plenty of middle aged men make sleazy or off colour comments around teenagers. And as wrong as that is, very few of them commit murder.

MOO

If something of that nature happened, a strong enough connection to the crime he's on trial for would have to be made.

I don't see it happening. Plenty of middle aged men make sleazy or off colour comments around teenagers. And as wrong as that is, very few of them commit murder.

MOO

Well whatever he said In his confessions was enough to make them question his daughter’s friends. So they must of been quite alarming for them to go to all that effort.

MOO

"Somebody that commits a horrific crime like this against two little girls probably has shown signs of violence in the past … he didn't just all of a sudden decide to do this one day," Carter said.

He said it could be a family member, friend or some other person "that knows something happened after that day" and noticed a change in the suspect.

Carter said he believes the killer lives in, works in or frequents the Delphi area, but he declined to elaborate on why he believes that.

"One day I'll be able to tell you. I can't wait for that day," Carter said. "We are doing everything within our power … and when we run out of tips, we're going to start over again."

Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward, investigator says - Good Morning America

Since he states, "Or", it is just a possibility. Imo.

Edited to correct spelling.
Yes. Superintendent Carter tossed out possibilities for years. I’ve loved his passion for the case, but it’s been a source of frustration, too.

He promised to tell the whole story one day.
I’m drumming my fingers on the computer, still waiting. :D

1728216856705.jpeg

"Somebody that commits a horrific crime like this against two little girls probably has shown signs of violence in the past … he didn't just all of a sudden decide to do this one day," Carter said.

He said it could be a family member, friend or some other person "that knows something happened after that day" and noticed a change in the suspect.

Carter said he believes the killer lives in, works in or frequents the Delphi area, but he declined to elaborate on why he believes that.

"One day I'll be able to tell you. I can't wait for that day," Carter said. "We are doing everything within our power … and when we run out of tips, we're going to start over again."

Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward, investigator says - Good Morning America

I am wondering if it’s his daughter that saw the change in him and is now working for the prosecution. It won’t be long before we find out who the prosecution have lined up.

Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18
Back