GUILTY SC - HT, 4, Johns Island, 13 Feb 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
In the early 90s I had motion sensor things on my front and back doors that sounded like German shepherds. One of the best purchases I ever made.
Well, now I need to find that, too! Except it will probably scare me much more than anyone else.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

As one who worked in a professional capacity with the mentally ill for 15 years, ( and who will always be dear to my heart, ) I don't think MissMalowe was minimizing the plight of those with 'mental problems' at all.

I think I know exactly what she meant, and I agree with her.

We've heard nothing that indicates Thomas Evans did not know what he was doing or was not in contact with reality. In fact, his actions showed quite a level of goal-seeking behavior, which does indicate a certain level of intelligence.

Therefore, we don't do him any favors to insinuate he should get a pass on his criminal behavior.

I'm totally supportive of help for mental health issues, especially substance abuse, and addiction.
However, we can't force that help on anyone.

In my opinion, he didn't avail himself of the mental health services available, not because it was 'difficult' but because he didn't want ​that help.

That is the operative word here. WANT.

Unfortunately, there is no therapy or pill that can do that...

JMO

I wasn't insinuating anything about giving him a pass. I merely think her list of his "accomplishments" doesn't speak particularly to his having intelligence and it's a far cry to compare them to seeking mental health treatment - because seeking health treatment doesn't have particularly much to do with intelligence either. The whole point made little sense to me.

clev·er
ˈklevər/Submit
adjective
quick to understand, learn, and devise or apply ideas; intelligent.
"a clever and studious young woman"
synonyms: intelligent, bright, smart, astute, sharp, quick-witted, shrewd; More
skilled at doing or achieving something; talented.
"he was clever at getting what he wanted"
synonyms: skillful, dexterous, adroit, adept, deft, nimble, handy; More

Clever does not simply mean a high level of Intelligence. (Both terms are also relatively subjective so making an argument to either support or disprove either is rather moot)

To be clear, you used the term intelligence, I did not. The terms I used were clever and resourceful.

The quality of being clever or having the "skill to do or achieve something" is not limited to only the legal & intelligent activities of someone with a good moral compass. A con man, for example, is only as successful as he is clever (at deceiving people)

I am in agreement that for people suffering from certain mental illnesses, some tasks may be more difficult than others or need to be completed in different ways.

However, all that is known about this man and his "mental problems" is his claims that he has them. We do not know his current diagnosis, previous diagnosis, if those diagnoses even occurred or if he simply came to his own conclusion that he had "mental problems."

Furthermore, he was quoted as saying he was treated for drugs and alcohol in prison. There was no mention of his having received treatment/medication for mental health, which is also available.

I suspect his not seeking care or treatment for his "mental problems" since his release was likely due to his simply not feeling it was a priority; other things were of more importance to him and a plethora of additional reasons, rather than an inability to attain transportation, a lack of local resources, or a monetary issue.

My apologies if my lack of sympathy of his taking himself to the T family's home to commit heinous crimes instead of taking himself to the county health department was not stifled by his having mental problems which may or may not have made such trip "actually difficult" has in some way offended you.

My intention was not to offend you personally. My thoughts on this matter, as well on many other cases here at Websleuths come from a background of having personally worked with inmates while they were incarcerated in both the federal prison system as well as the United States Disciplinary Barracks; to include those whom were dealing with a variety of different mental illnesses in varying degrees and both medicated/treated as well as unmedicated/untreated.

You said this: the ability to locate & size up victims, attain a knife, brutally attack a woman with small children, take one kid, ditch a car, steal another car and cross state lines and run from police in the process, all the while toting a toddler with them, yet a trip to the local health department or human services is too difficult.

None of those things listed are especially clever. Anyone with an average IQ could do those things provided they had the strength, motivation, and perhaps prior knowledge of how to steal a car. Also, seeking mental health treatment has basically nothing to do with being clever. I digress. I wasn't offended. I'm not trying to cause a big stir. We can agree to disagree if you want to.

To give you some perspective, here is a map showing the 3 locations mentioned in the last article.

BTW, St. Stephens is in the opposite direction of Johns Island.

735446e87ec0f121a9d3193ee4b6524f.jpg

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

You said this: the ability to locate & size up victims, attain a knife, brutally attack a woman with small children, take one kid, ditch a car, steal another car and cross state lines and run from police in the process, all the while toting a toddler with them, yet a trip to the local health department or human services is too difficult.

None of those things listed are especially clever. Anyone with an average IQ could do those things provided they had the strength, motivation, and perhaps prior knowledge of how to steal a car. Also, seeking mental health treatment has basically nothing to do with being clever. I digress. I wasn't offended. I'm not trying to cause a big stir. We can agree to disagree if you want to.

As previously mentioned, the ability to be clever is subjective and a high IQ level isn't required to be clever at something.

My point was that his mental problems and his lack of money to obtain care were excuses. His actions weren't simply the result of a mental problem. It's also a lack of morals problem. A lack of compassion for other people problem. An inability to be a law abiding citizen problem. A lack of respect for other people's homes and property problem. A recidivism problem.

His inability to obtain treatment as an adult was also not simply a money issue. It was a priorities issue. It was a lack of motivation to get ones life together issue. It was an inability to accept responsibility for one's choices or preferences issue.

When he wants something, he obtains it.
But he wasn't stealing cars and crossing state lines in an effort to obtain treatment at the best mental health facility in the country, and he wasn't beating a woman and stealing her debit card to buy a nice suit for a job interview.

<modsnip>Agreed....one piece of the puzzle missing. See the map I posted a little bit ago. You don't wander into Johns Island or St. Stephens for that matter.

Agreed....one piece of the puzzle missing. See the map I posted a little bit ago. You don't wander into Johns Island or St. Stephens for that matter.

On the arrest report from MS he gave an address of 517 Mutual Dr, Charleston, SC
It appears on google maps to only be about 15 min from the T Home and only 3 min from the school where BT dropped off her older kids. I wonder if he has family or contacts in the area? I don&#8217;t think he wondered there but maybe was already familiar/local to that area. The Mayor mentioned in the press conference that he was from the area and well known to police.

http://media.graytvinc.com/documents/02.15.2018+arrests.pdf

Has anyone seen any new info or info regarding when TLE will be taken back to S.C.?

Has there been any update on the mom‘s condition?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any update on the mom&#8216;s condition?

Yes, I wondered that as well, had a bit of a google last night but didn't find anything. Hope no news is good news and they just want to be private which is fair enough. Poor woman, what a horrific ordeal she's been put through, on top of being attacked herself she probably knew at that time that her kids were in huge danger because of this man. And the husband will be worried about leaving again in the future. Hope some firm will chip in and give them some really good security system for their home, or perhaps they will want to move.
But hard to defend yourself especially if you have children or other dependants with you in these "transitional spaces", house to car, shop to car, workplace to car, waiting for public transport. Think I read somewhere that these spaces are some of the higher risk places in our lives. Although seems like B.'s attacker might have been waiting in the garage or very close? Not much more she could have done and why on earth should she have to? Hope she's making a really good recovery.

Have you all seen this? https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_d1991480-1713-11e8-b80e-3fe20fd8edab.html

PLEASE HELP FIND MY DAUGHTER.
THE BLACK HONDA CIVIC BELONGED TO MY DAUGHTER SHARON NANNETTE HAYDEN. I HAVE SPOKE WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND SHE CAN NOT BE FOUND. THEY HAVE CHECKED HER RESIDENCE, AND NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE CHARLESTON COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPT. AT (843) 202-1700

[h=1]Police seek help from woman linked to HT kidnapping suspect, but mom says she's missing[/h]
5a8f2fabb8d47.image.jpg

Investigators looking into 4-year-old HT&#8217;s kidnapping want to talk with the woman whose car has been linked to a suspect in the case, but the woman's mother said Thursday that she is missing.
Sharon Nannette Hayden, 39, lives in Spartanburg County, where officials said Thomas Lawton Evans was staying after his prison release early this month.
But two days before police said he abducted H, Evans was found in Berkeley County with Hayden&#8217;s car, raising questions among deputies there about whether he had the vehicle legally.
That day, authorities went to Hayden&#8217;s home in Boiling Springs to check on her, but she wasn&#8217;t around. Evans was allowed to go.
Hayden's whereabouts have remained unknown, her mother and officials said.

https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_dab0e8a8-1804-11e8-9937-8b02ba1a81d9.html

sharon-jowers.jpg

CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCBD)- Police are searching for a Spartanburg County woman. They think she might have information related to the kidnapping of a 4 year-old Johns Island girl.

Police say Thomas Evans, the suspect in the HT case, was driving Sharon Hayden&#8217;s car.
According to Hayden&#8217;s mother, her daughter Sharon, is now missing.
Sharon Jowers Facebook post reads:

[FONT=Times\New\Roman]PLEASE HELP FIND MY DAUGHTER.
THE BLACK HONDA CIVIC BELONGED TO MY DAUGHTER SHARON NANNETTE HAYDEN. I HAVE SPOKE WITH THE POLICE DEPARTMENT, AND SHE CAN NOT BE FOUND. THEY HAVE CHECKED HER RESIDENCE, AND NO ONE ANSWERED THE DOOR. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT THE CHARLESTON COUNTY SHERIFFS DEPT. AT (843) 202-1700
[/FONT]
http://counton2.com/2018/02/22/police-searching-for-woman-linked-to-heidi-todds-disappearance/

Oh dear - I do hope she is not another victim.

Have you all seen this? https://www.postandcourier.com/news...cle_d1991480-1713-11e8-b80e-3fe20fd8edab.html

PLEASE HELP FIND MY DAUGHTER.

What the..... huh?? Wow. This case has had me baffled from the get-go.

Map from Boiling Springs, SC to Johns Island.
b8ca362919db4b7ee2b5c51352cd9441.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper