KS KS - Vincent Moore, 4 months, Wichita, 11 July 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
that doesnt make much sense, around here, if you have an order of protection on someone and violate it yourself (and this she did, as she married him) the court will toss it because YOU arent honoring it.

i guess maybe they used that to keep him in jail because he is a suspect. he is saying SHE is one too though, i hope they at least look into it.
If he was on probation for a domestic or something against her then it might have been a term of his probation and not her actually requesting a restraining order or protection.
So she might not have anysay over any of it.

I really would appreciate any incite/opinions into Vincent's disappearance. I do agree with some people in Wichita that mom seemed "off" in the video interview a few local stations ran. However, I cannot dismiss that WPD seem to believe mom's story and WPD stated she passed a polygraph.

oh ok... that is smart. they say they take their abusers back a certain number of times......
It has nothing to do with being smart and everything to do with being conditioned.
Domestic abuse is an extremely complex thing to understand. Untill you lived and servived it I don't think most will understand.
Your latterly disabled in all most everyway by the time the physical abuse starts with all most no where to turn. He will have control over everything to the point when you go to leave with your child you realize you have no where to go. No car. No money. Because he has taken over everything slowly with out you realizing. Abusers straight up set out to abuse and gain power and controll over you. Of course they will make you helpless before beating you.
Then by the time you want to leave you've probably had his baby. Then what do you think his threats are? That he will call CPS cause you will be homeless, moneyless, and worthless with his baby. Women who get abused actually believe this and are terrified and stuck. Stuck not only in abuse but in poverty as well. Little resources and little help. So they go back. After the cycle repeats its self a bunch of times and she can't take it anymore...so who is there for her to tell with out being judged for going back so many times before? Its shameful.
Instead of judging women who go back we need to help. We need more resources. More education on the matter so the general public isn't so naive to it. More shelters where women can receive help for a few months to get jobs and get their own apartment with the reassurance that no one is coming to take their child for leaving. Domestic abuse is a horrible thing I pray no one here has to live threw. Trust me no woman goes back because she likes the abuse or is stupid.

Also add I can't count how many times I've heard a woman say he threatend to take the kids. And actually CPS is use to abusers calling trying to get the child taken. Its a pretty commen call. When all els fails it seems some abusers kill the child. Its hard to say if they kill the child because they got upset at the child or If it was to hurt the mom. Thats why abusers who kill their kids still get visitations before doing so cause they have at this point only abused the mother. I think the killing of the child is all most the ultimate abuse to the mother and that's why they kill the child. The child is nothing more then a weapon. Most abusers are a sociopathic narcissist not people with uncontrollable rage like we think. They have no problem controlling their anger when needed.
Of course not in all cases but most it seems.

He isn't telling the truth. Besides her passing the lie detector test. I think what he says about her yanking the baby away then the diaper bag doesn't make sense. He just took her kids to Texas and she wanted em back. Why take one child and not the other? Why only yank on the the diaper bag. And if there was a protection ordered at some point that tells me he has hit her or is abusive. If he wanted that baby she wouldn't of stood a chance at just taking him like he says she did.
Besides that he say that he didn't want the kids with her cause she used drugs and was only back around to get the stuff he needed for daycare so then why even meet up with the mother then?
Whatever, I think he killed his baby. Its obvious. And now we just need to figure out where he is so he can be buried with the dignity he deserves. So sad :(

He isn't telling the truth. Besides her passing the lie detector test. I think what he says about her yanking the baby away then the diaper bag doesn't make sense. He just took her kids to Texas and she wanted em back. Why take one child and not the other? Why only yank on the the diaper bag. And if there was a protection ordered at some point that tells me he has hit her or is abusive. If he wanted that baby she wouldn't of stood a chance at just taking him like he says she did.
Besides that he say that he didn't want the kids with her cause she used drugs and was only back around to get the stuff he needed for daycare so then why even meet up with the mother then?
Whatever, I think he killed his baby. Its obvious. And now we just need to figure out where he is so he can be buried with the dignity he deserves. So sad :(

I think you are spot on with all of this. The dad's story makes no sense and I truly appreciate you pointing that out.

I honestly do not think Vincent will ever be found because of the time lapse of reporting versus when Vincent was seen last.

I think you are spot on with all of this. The dad's story makes no sense and I truly appreciate you pointing that out.

I honestly do not think Vincent will ever be found because of the time lapse of reporting versus when Vincent was seen last.
Thanks cause usually I'm way off. Lol

But like everything screams domestic abuser with this guy. Right down to him even saying he had told police to take the kids before. That is seriously the abusers first weapon when his victim leaves. My aunt use to run our local domestic abuse shelter and I swear all most everytime a woman leaves her abuser cps shows up cause they have to cause the abuser called. CPS isn't stupid (okay, sometimes) but they are trained to see when a child is being used as a weapon or actually in need of help.

It sounds to me like she left or was moving on and he wasn't liking that. Him saying she does whatever she can with men for money to me was him in a not so up front way saying he can't stand the idea of her being happy with another man so he's gonna hurt her and take her children to Texas and not give them back. But of course it was only for the safety of the children. But he didn't realize that you can't just go drop your child off at daycare.

He is blaming her for his actions. I've seen some abusers in court sit and say that their victim pulled out her own hair and hit her self to set him up. Him blaming her reminds me of the typical pass the blame onto the victim that most abusers do.

I wonder what the mother says she was doing at the time the child went missing. I wonder if he really came back thinking she would now want to work things out cause he showed her he does have control of the kids. When she didnt maybe he thought she was with another man and he snapped on the baby to hurt her. Or maybe he was just a fussy baby. Its hard to say cause the way he is trying to pin it on her.

Its all just so sad. I can't believe I'm reading yet again about another young child missing and more then likely no longer with us. I mean no one is hiding this baby for him. And I don't think the mom is hiding her kid just to set him up just like I don't believe a girl pulled her own hair out to set up her boyfriend.
Just sad. Regardless I hope vincent is found.

On a side note I love love the name Vincent. I all most named my son that but I didn't want anyone calling him Vinny so I went with Miles. :)

Baby Vincent's mom asks public not to forget him

With no sign of her son in months Michelle Mendez is afraid he'll be forgotten. She says every clue the police have had about her little boy's whereabouts has come from the public.

"Everyday I wake up and I don't have my baby. And everyday I talk to people that I know and people that I don't know trying to get help finding my baby," said Mendez. "And then everyday I go to bed knowing that tomorrow is going to be the same."

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/baby-vincents-mom-asks-public-not-to-forget-him/35404882

https://www.facebook.com/kwchnews/p...174858.175112542420/10153615110357421/?type=1

i actually did survive abuse, thanks. but it wasnt as bad as many have gone through. it was only a handful of times and i had a job, so i left.

my comment "that is smart" was regarding the law that was cited in that quote, i was not making any judgements on the intelligence of any abuse victims. just to clarify.

It has nothing to do with being smart and everything to do with being conditioned.
Domestic abuse is an extremely complex thing to understand. Untill you lived and servived it I don't think most will understand.
Your latterly disabled in all most everyway by the time the physical abuse starts with all most no where to turn. He will have control over everything to the point when you go to leave with your child you realize you have no where to go. No car. No money. Because he has taken over everything slowly with out you realizing. Abusers straight up set out to abuse and gain power and controll over you. Of course they will make you helpless before beating you.
Then by the time you want to leave you've probably had his baby. Then what do you think his threats are? That he will call CPS cause you will be homeless, moneyless, and worthless with his baby. Women who get abused actually believe this and are terrified and stuck. Stuck not only in abuse but in poverty as well. Little resources and little help. So they go back. After the cycle repeats its self a bunch of times and she can't take it anymore...so who is there for her to tell with out being judged for going back so many times before? Its shameful.
Instead of judging women who go back we need to help. We need more resources. More education on the matter so the general public isn't so naive to it. More shelters where women can receive help for a few months to get jobs and get their own apartment with the reassurance that no one is coming to take their child for leaving. Domestic abuse is a horrible thing I pray no one here has to live threw. Trust me no woman goes back because she likes the abuse or is stupid.

Also add I can't count how many times I've heard a woman say he threatend to take the kids. And actually CPS is use to abusers calling trying to get the child taken. Its a pretty commen call. When all els fails it seems some abusers kill the child. Its hard to say if they kill the child because they got upset at the child or If it was to hurt the mom. Thats why abusers who kill their kids still get visitations before doing so cause they have at this point only abused the mother. I think the killing of the child is all most the ultimate abuse to the mother and that's why they kill the child. The child is nothing more then a weapon. Most abusers are a sociopathic narcissist not people with uncontrollable rage like we think. They have no problem controlling their anger when needed.
Of course not in all cases but most it seems.

Letter: Authorities think missing Wichita infant is dead

A social justice advocate working with the family of a missing Wichita infant says relatives of the baby have been informed by authorities that they think the infant is dead.

Mary Dean, president and founder of Kansas Justice Advocate, in a five-page letter dated Wednesday, gives a timeline of her and the family’s contact with authorities who are investigating Vincent Moore’s disappearance and questions the efforts Wichita police have put into the search for him.

In it, she cites a document relatives of the baby received at an Oct. 8 child-in-need-of-care (CINC) proceeding that she says in part reads: “due to Vincent(’s) unknown whereabouts, the length of his absence and the details regarding his disappearance revealed doing (sic) the Wichita Police Department EMCU investigation, there is a clear and convincing evidence that Vincent is deceased.”

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article41827602.html

Missing baby's family wants more answers from authorities about search

Moore's mother reported him missing in July.

Now months later, there's still no sign of the baby, and the family says they have done everything they can to find Moore, without the help of Wichita Police or the District Attorney's office.

"The family has organized their own searches, passed out flyers, and even held fundraisers," said Mary Dean, president of Kansas Justice Advocate Inc. "They've even been cooperative with WPD when it comes to giving some of their text messages that they've had and conversations that they've had with various people, and all they've gotten is condescending remarks, authorities have been rude to them. They've gotten no empathy or sympathy when it comes to trying to find baby Vincent."

Read Letter from Kansas Justice Advocate, Inc. (http://www.kwch.com/blob/view/-/36129384/data/1/-/xyccokz/-/vincent-letter.pdf)

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news...nswers-from-authorities-about-search/36128972

I think Wichita is turning even more against the mother. I honestly could not tell you who did what. (A lot of comments below.)

https://www.facebook.com/kwchnews/posts/10153498392397421

I am just reading up on this case, and after finishing the thread, I had to come back to this post. Those commentators at the link have me really confused on why they so adamantly think mom is responsible. From start to finish my impression is that it's on dad. Mom may have her issues, but I don't think she has the child. His jail house story was totally unconvincing to me, especially saying she jerked the bag away when it was found to still be with him when arrested. And like many here questioned, if he was so concerned for the children's welfare why did he return the baby at all? He had been hiding them out for that long, but getting the day care validation was a bigger concern than the child's safety??? Also with his theory, the mom would have done something with the baby almost immediately after he claims to have dropped him off since no one has seen the child since the 11th when Vincent was last seen being carried to the car by dad. My thoughts, something happened in that house shortly before 3-5am on the 11th, and that person who saw GM leaving with Vincent, was witnessing a man going to dispose of his son's body. MOO

I am just reading up on this case, and after finishing the thread, I had to come back to this post. Those commentators at the link have me really confused on why they so adamantly think mom is responsible. From start to finish my impression is that it's on dad. Mom may have her issues, but I don't think she has the child. His jail house story was totally unconvincing to me, especially saying she jerked the bag away when it was found to still be with him when arrested. And like many here questioned, if he was so concerned for the children's welfare why did he return the baby at all? He had been hiding them out for that long, but getting the day care validation was a bigger concern than the child's safety??? Also with his theory, the mom would have done something with the baby almost immediately after he claims to have dropped him off since no one has seen the child since the 11th when Vincent was last seen being carried to the car by dad. My thoughts, something happened in that house shortly before 3-5am on the 11th, and that person who saw GM leaving with Vincent, was witnessing a man going to dispose of his son's body. MOO

I agree with everything you state here! The refusal to look at the facts of Vincent's disappearance completely baffles me.

Family of missing baby Vincent calls on Wichita Police to continue search

Tuesday night, supporters gathered in front of the Sedgwick County Courthouse holding up signs that read, 'bring me home.'

"I hope [Wichita Police] see this, and know we are serious," said Vincent's great aunt Chetina Jones. "Our family, we love hard, we won't give up. We're going to do whatever it takes to find him."

Jones says investigators believe the boy is dead--she says there's no evidence to prove that: "I don't think he's deceased. I think he's out there, someone is hiding him somewhere."

http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/...hita-Police-to-continue-search-340024652.html

Family celebrates 1st birthday of missing Baby Vincent

Vincent was last seen in July, when he and his older brother were dropped off with their biological father.

The family sang Happy Birthday, and made a memorial at the corner of Hydraulic and Tulsa to celebrate his birthday.

"It's his first birthday, and he still hasn't been found, and nobody is saying anything," said Getina Jones, Vincent's great aunt.

http://www.kwch.com/news/local-news/Family-celebrates-1st-birthday-of-missing-Baby-Vincent/38328602

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/article79316072.html

The father of a Wichita infant who went missing last summer pleaded guilty on Monday to cutting off a GPS tracking device that he had been ordered to wear as a condition of his probation in a 2014 battery case involving the baby’s mother.

The charge isn’t connected to baby Vincent Moore’s disappearance, although the charge – coupled with a yearlong sentence ordered served because of probation violations – has kept 24-year-old Gary Moore Jr. in jail since late July.

The infant’s whereabouts remain unknown, Wichita police said Monday. No one has been arrested or charged in connection with Vincent’s disappearance.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GG_23
Back