GA GA - Jenna Van Gelderen, 25, Atlanta, 18 Aug 2017 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an old iPad that I'm restoring with her account info.

It looks like though and this is odd, it says no back ups of apps and data available. All contacts and messages are wiped and photos only show January of this year and piror.

It's like she turned off all.back up settings or someone wiped a lot of her phone

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

(Snipped by me)

Sorry this is off topic but this stood out to me and curious what others think.

Who is "wiping" a phone yet leaves photos from before a specific time? It seems like something the phone owner would do. Wouldn't anyone else just clear everything off at once. Isn't that easier?

Subie said only photos are pre-Jan.

If it were my phone, I'd do that and clear out the minimum, leaving the others because they might have sentimental value.

The 1st thing that comes to mind that would involve several purchases from different gas stations is a purchase of gas. But if someone was doing this for nefarious reasons and took the time to stop at several different gas stations why would they use the same card for payment? Seems like they would do an atm withdrawal and then pay cash at each stop. Also, you would not have to do as much driving around as was done to stop at 4 to 5 different gas stations.
What else can you get at a gas station? Lottery tickets, beer, potato chips? Those things don't make sense to me either.

This was just days prior to the most recent huge lottery win. It seems logical that she may have wanted tickets from a variety of different outlets. Many people supposedly do this, although I am not a lottery participant myself so I have no direct reference for doing so. If she were searching for a specific item.....i.e. an unusual or specific favorite flavor of gatorade or candy bar, there would be no reason to actually purchase something at each stop.

(Snipped by me)

Sorry this is off topic but this stood out to me and curious what others think.

Who is "wiping" a phone yet leaves photos from before a specific time? It seems like something the phone owner would do. Wouldn't anyone else just clear everything off at once. Isn't that easier?

Subie said only photos are pre-Jan.

If it were my phone, I'd do that and clear out the minimum, leaving the others because they might have sentimental value.

I've had to clear my phone memory like that to make space for a video. I have limited space and at one point deleted tinder for pokemon go, then had to delete pokemon go for normal operation, and then had to clear out all sorts of images. Newest images might be the first to go. But I can see myself maybe deleting photos after a bad relationship.Try to delete that chunk of my life.

Is it possible the backup app restoring photos can't access the SD card? Or it hasn't been backed up to cloud for a while? Or it couldn't download all of it from cloud? Not sure how apple works with that, I use android

Hey all, sorry been out camping in N Georgia. Just got back, have seen requests about a Timeline, let me see if ok to post first

"So January would be right before that possibly violent boyfriend she was with in February. Do any of her friends know who he was by name?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, p.i and police are interviewing today

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Im not sure how to attach more than one quote at a time on tapatalk.

Subie, have you heard anything on how the interview went with the ex?

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

In the US, at least were I am, yes, OTC meds like Advil, Tylenol, and cold medications can be purchased at gas stations, if they have a mini mart, which many do these days.

In the US, at least were I am, yes, OTC meds like Advil, Tylenol, and cold medications can be purchased at gas stations, if they have a mini mart, which many do these days.

I think the thought was to whether or not something like sudafed (ingredient in crystal meth) could be being purchased at all these gas stations. You have to show your license to buy it I believe or you used to.

I think the thought was to whether or not something like sudafed (ingredient in crystal meth) could be being purchased at all these gas stations. You have to show your license to buy it I believe or you used to.
And there's a database that all purchases are entered into, specifically to prevent this sort of thing. At least in my state there is.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

<Snipped by me>

Pamela-how did you come across these acquaintances?

Just curious how one crosses paths with them and if they are the type of people who would actively seek out someone like Jenna, who might be more susceptible/vulnerable to persuasion. What type of things are they involved in?

When I first read about this, I pictured Jenna at her parents' all night, watching TV and playing with the cat until something happened. I didn't initially consider that she'd be willingly involved in anything dangerous. Realizing that's a tad naive on my part.

Even though her mom said she spoke to her everyday, I'm thinking she didn't know the whole story, or maybe even half of it, because Jenna became secretive. It's scary to think that as a parent, you can do everything right and then once they leave your home as an adult, anything can happen and there's not much you can do. Mom to mom, my heart goes out to Mrs. VG right now.

My kids are the same age. I have friends with kids my kids age as well. Several years ago, my kids spent time at clubs in the Atlanta area. Sadly they both have lost many friends to overdoses. Some from Atlanta, some that had just graduated or were currently attending Kennesaw College.

My father also allowed a woman around their age to live with him. I warned him, but he didn't
Iisten. He paid a few tickets for her and bailed her out of jail for a DUI. She thanked him by totalling his Honda, then beat him to get the keys to his Explorer and totalled it too.

The connections are there, however I do not personally know any of them.
Thankfully my kids moved on and have nothing to do with that scene any longer.

My daughter actually deleted her social media accounts. Drugs can ruin a great person in a very small amount of time.
Especially those who are vulnerable and trusting.

I pray that this is not something Jenna got wrapped up in.

I also lost a friend of mine that lived near Lenox last year. She fell off a 3rd story balcony and lived, only to OD about a year and a half later...
It's just so sad all around!
MOO

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

What is "the triangle" and what do you mean "another victim"? Please can you elaborate?
Ok have managed to read the MSM article which refers to a 4,000 % increase in heroin related deaths. That means if there was 1 death before that would have increased to 40 deaths so that is huge. (1 death increasing to 2 = 100% increase) Is that increase accurate? The Fulton county link would not fully load for me.
Are you saying you think J's disappearance is connected to the heroine trade?
Here is more info.
She may not be using, but someone could be using her...

http://www.11alive.com/news/investigations/triangle/the-triangle-is-growing/415634751

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

Yes or medicines to add to heroin. If there were several in the car driving around then just a different licence would likely be shown to get around that. The cctv from those gas stations is the key to help solve this. Also, who was the person who encouraged J to steal from her employer ? Did that ever come out? Is that person still around perhaps and behind these latest events?

I don't think it's possible. There's several 24 hour pharmacies in Atlanta. There's no need to go to a gas station for that and I've never seen cold medicines at gas stations there, sudafed has been pretty regulated. Once had to walk over a mile to a pharmacy for cough syrup when I had a bad cold (from midtown). But it was open.

Also the gas station locations she went to are much more concerning, if that is confirmed. Cheshire Bridge at Lavista for the one BP and the Chevron is literally next to an adult entertainment club. The Wendy's is right next to 5 of them, in the largest cluster of the absolute worst strip clubs. To me that connection is much more clear to whoever had her card than anything else, as much as I don't want to see it as a trafficking case, someone using the card at 3 locations there? That is literally the only reason you'd go to several gas stations right by those clubs at night. There's nothing else open on the road. And maybe that's where you get cash out. Sorry to put that out there. Hadn't looked at the map before to remember the locations. Thought they were more spread out than right by the Wendy's.

If her mom was talking to her twice a day it makes consistent drug use much less likely. Possible but not likely.

Looking through her friends she has at least one that has worked at a strip club outside Atlanta as a server. This isn't just speculation and is available publicly through her profile. Of course most of us with a lot of friends have friends who have so that doesn't mean anything about her merely that she does have that kind of acquaintance.

Good point on locations, Frozenpeach.
There is a post somewhere else on FB that mentions that she had someone with her when she took her mom's car back to parents' house. It sounds like any video out there hasn't helped yet to identify a passenger.

Can VI (Subie_climber) give us any confirmation on this info and the mentions we've seen relating to these gas station visits (times)? Maybe sharing these extra details with the public would help them know if they could've been there at the same time she was there.

If there's any video of a passenger, can you release images to public?

Also, it would be helpful for people to know the last stop in particular. It first seemed like the last place was her parents' but now it's not clear. Was it the BP at 11? Or somewhere else public? The last location seen seems like an important detail in a missing person case.

And imo, sporadic FB posts alone are not enough to reach all the people who need to be reached. The more, the better. There are several options for local media to follow up on this story. They might just need to be asked. If local police aren't cutting it, try this route. At this point, what is there to lose?

I agree that the times on each particular gas station would be helpful. Two of the ones mentioned are literally right across the street from each other....also to know the amounts spent... were some of them fill-up-the-tank type amounts or were they all tiny amounts...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member