Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does look like a key, maybe police divers have tried to refasten the boot to secure it down before it was towed to forensics and accident investigators who incidentally would have been able to tell if Julie's car had been t-boned prior so I think we may dispel any notions of another car's involvement. If there had been, it's such a great lead imo we'd have known about it.

Most people have all their keys on the one ring, where's the rest of them? House key etc., could the offender have taken them?

Skeleton key?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

If a great big tow truck can get on there I can't see a problem at all with a fiat, a two tone grey nobody would have noticed sitting under the water from the shore, you'd have to be right on top of it to realise it was there.

I've mentioned the two truck a few times and pointed it out in this image. I'm glad you've mentioned the beach inspectors or rangers or what ever they were called then. They may have made these tracks and are paid by the council to patrol the beach every week day. That was one of my reasons why the car would have been noticed the day it went in the water. They were on the beach by 7.00 am every day even winter.

Surf club member had no vehicle access to beach. Skis and board were carried up and back to the clubhouse, which is the building high on the top of the hill to the south of the boatshed. Surf boats were carried and rolled into boat shed.

attachment.php

Your wave theories will amount to nought. JC's purse was found at her residence. It might be a decoy by the perp. JC might be in the bush out of Freo. Henderson even.Then the perp drives her car back to near where he lives. Cottesloe.

And then how does he get the car into the ocean some 30 metres offshore ?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13693361

At that stage you still hadnt pulled out the secret hidden newspaper weather map that you had for months .
That map clearly shows a front with rain !

Quote Innerchild :
"Seas should be 2.5 m on a swell of 3 METRE... on Friday 24th June, when the storm front rolled in. Not the 20th, 21st or 22nd.

"Monday 20th June 1988: SW winds at 10 to 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas should be 1 m on a swell of 3 m. Temp 10.7 degrees at 7.30 am and max 18.4 degrees at 2.25pm."

"Tuesday 21st June 1988 Forecast Perth fine and cool. North East winds 5 to 12 knots. Seas should be 0.5 m on a swell to 2.5 m. Temp 8 – 19 degrees."

It was calm, low waves and light wind SW to NE." unquote .

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13680634

Did You forget it said 3 metres swell ?

If a great big tow truck can get on there I can't see a problem at all with a fiat, a two tone grey nobody would have noticed sitting under the water from the shore, you'd have to be right on top of it to realise it was there.

Don't think the two truck was huge but it was 4WD, as was the beach inspectors vehicle which traveled on the beach, but don't know how far a 2WD would have got far in the soft sand?

The June 25 1988 article on these lovely ladies and many more of their friends that swam every day, pretty much at the spot where the Fiat seemed to be, as well as the guys from the surf club, ski paddlers, joggers and fisherman who also used the beach. It was reported to have it's lights on.

attachment.php

Source: Sydney Morning Herald pg 206 June 25th 1988

Attachments

• CottBeachJune251988.jpg
    CottBeachJune251988.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 106
Just a thought: could the key be in the boot because police decided to check there wasn't a body in there before winching the car out?

Yes Xyz , because many news reports say that the keys were in ignition when found, and turned on aswell .
The key in boot is most likely to have gone in as part of / during the retrieval process .
Jmo

Not wearing their glasses ....

Don't think the two truck was huge but it was 4WD, as was the beach inspectors vehicle which traveled on the beach, but don't know how far a 2WD would have got far in the soft sand?

The June 25 1988 article on these lovely ladies and many more of their friends that swam every day, pretty much at the spot where the Fiat seemed to be, as well as the guys from the surf club, ski paddlers, joggers and fisherman who also used the beach. It was reported to have it's lights on.

attachment.php

Thats correct B4u , you can see the storms easily that caused the 2 major swells on 17th and 19th june .

Using the map IC posted from the 18th Newspaper .
Circled on the left is the storm on the 17th.
Circled on the right (18th) is the storm that created the big waves sunday 19th june .
f1f48c06a0ad0aa91f0b78a5b8ad2f95.jpg

I wasn't hiding anything metic. I'd taken pictures but didn't think they were important and hadn't opened the files as everyone was sick of reading endless weather maps and posts as far as I can tell.

You commented on the weather maps that I provided above only about an hour ago. However your comments were incorrect. They were the opposite of comments you'd made a day of so ago so very confusing!

There was no storm on the 18th, but a broad frontal cloud band that produced some rain contracting to the lower SW. What you have circled in the above quote from about an hour ago is a storm cell but cenetred an est. 1000 km away. This corresponds with your other coloured maps that have been posted many times, but the storm doesn't reach Perth until 24th June 1988 as reported in The West Australian newspaper.

Friday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp 16.1 at 10.10 pm and 21.5 at 11.30am

Saturday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Morning showers. Outlook fine. Temp 14 – 20. West to SW winds 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 m.

A high pressure ridge was located across the centre of the continent and was producing fine clear conditions with easterly winds in the northern half. Broad frontal cloud band should produce further showers in the southwest, however, these should contract to the lower southwest.

Extended forecast
As the high pressure ridge moves further southwards a return to fine conditions in inland areas should result by this afternoon. Coastal regions should experience isolated showers early this morning. Another weak front should pass near the southwest corner tomorrow, but showers associated with this system should be confined to the far southwest coast.

Source:The West Australian Friday 17th and 18th June 1988.

I wasn't hiding anything metic. I'd taken pictures but didn't think they were important and hadn't opened the files as everyone was sick of reading endless weather maps and posts as far as I can tell.

You commented on the weather maps that I provided above only about an hour ago. However your comments were incorrect. They were the opposite of comments you'd made a day of so ago so very confusing!

There was no storm on the 18th, but a broad frontal cloud band that produced some rain contracting to the lower SW. What you have circled in the above quote from about an hour ago is a storm cell but cenetred an est. 1000 km away. This corresponds with your other coloured maps that have been posted many times, but the storm doesn't reach Perth until 24th June 1988 as reported in The West Australian newspaper.

Friday 17[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Temp 16.1 at 10.10 pm and 21.5 at 11.30am

Saturday 18[SUP]th[/SUP] June 1988: Morning showers. Outlook fine. Temp 14 – 20. West to SW winds 15 knots easing to 10 knots by late morning. Seas 1 m on a swell to 2.5 m.

A high pressure ridge was located across the centre of the continent and was producing fine clear conditions with easterly winds in the northern half. Broad frontal cloud band should produce further showers in the southwest, however, these should contract to the lower southwest.

Extended forecast
As the high pressure ridge moves further southwards a return to fine conditions in inland areas should result by this afternoon. Coastal regions should experience isolated showers early this morning. Another weak front should pass near the southwest corner tomorrow, but showers associated with this system should be confined to the far southwest coast.

Source:The West Australian Friday 17th and 18th June 1988.

Quote Innerchild :"However your comments were incorrect. They were the opposite of comments you'd made a day of so ago so very confusing! "

The storm on the 24th is not in the picture at that stage .

The storm is circled hitting adelaide on the 20th , in the first picture on ICs newspaper map .

Learn about weather a bit before wasting everyones time again please .

fd7da5ea9dde836edf92b4e8d8af8237.jpg
1ce74dbc233b5d7fef9f797f6a2d2d7b.jpg
c1917241151d4b417e9a123f621824b6.jpg

The storm on the 24th is shown on the maps at the bottom picture .

It does look like a key, maybe police divers have tried to refasten the boot to secure it down before it was towed to forensics and accident investigators who incidentally, would have been able to tell if Julie's car had been t-boned prior. So I think we may dispel any notions of another car's involvement. If there had been, it's such a great lead imo we'd have known about it.

Most people have all their keys on the one ring, where's the rest of them? House key etc., could the offender have taken them?
Keys were in the ignition according to the story. So I assume that the diver took the keys out and opened the boot as soon as it was beached to see if there was a body inside.

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

As part of my study on the leeuwin current this year i observed the current reach maximum speed in early june .
These screen shots show the current at its peak stages when northerly winds fortified the speed , aiding the currents flow south .
Typically, imo , may / june is when current is strongest of the year .
1988 being " la nina" had the current extra strong too whereas this year "17 was not .
ff58ff75f0102c6829dab4435a2cd248.jpg
531b10e061a88430c81857e77e461daf.jpg
5a18a48f45f1061164dfba3fdf8a1433.jpg
22c57712e3a0648b8224bc8bc6b759d8.jpg

http://coastaloceanography.org/

Does anyone know if the accused can swim?
Like confidently swim in surf?

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

attachment.php

IC - how can you tell from that ONE picture of the beach that the tow truck was 4WD?????

The tow truck in entirety is not even visible in the pic??????

attachment.php

Is that June 25 1988 article pic of the old dears on the beach taken on Cott Beach?
if yes -
What are the structures in the background?
Is that the Surf Life Saving club rooms in the top left?
if yes to clubrooms, means the ladies probably swam really close to the groyne.
And therefore the ladies were NO where near the location of the submerged Fiat.
Assuming of course the Fiat was submerged directly out from where it was recovered.

Hence IMO the ladies would not have swam over or around Fiat.
Therefore even less chance of spotting an underwater grey coloured car.
Even more so because I don't see the ladies wearing goggles in the pic!!!!!

Is that June 25 1988 article pic of the old dears on the beach taken on Cott Beach?
if yes -
What are the structures in the background?
Is that the Surf Life Saving club rooms in the top left?
if yes to clubrooms, means the ladies probably swam really close to the groyne.
And therefore the ladies were NO where near the location of the submerged Fiat.
Assuming of course the Fiat was submerged directly out from where it was recovered.

Hence IMO the ladies would not have swam over or around Fiat.
Therefore even less chance of spotting an underwater grey coloured car.
Even more so because I don't see the ladies wearing goggles in the pic!!!!!

I agree spooks , it may have taken some time for fiat car to be spotted .
Im none the wiser as to which of 3 nights the car went in though.
The pictures here of cottesloe show the dark shapes of weed and reef under the surface that could camouflage a car imo .

https://mattlauder.com.au/main-photo-gallery/landscape-gallery/perth-wa/cottesloe-beach-19/

http://www.skyperth.com/blog/tag/COTTESLOE BEACH

https://www.expedia.com.au/Cotteslo...sloe-Beach-Perth.d6061159.Vacation-Attraction
64779ac9e23f9dfac1d34e4f0b9a0cfd.jpg
375c4f4a05e2644d3211bc9c6b3be515.jpg
ac3cbed82b8c0dd9539fef375b82962a.jpg
9a1c085256063262cab897c9f4e186d2.jpg

Did JC arrange to meet someone at Cottesloe, park her car and go off in another car so no DNA, fingerprints etc would have been found when her car and a missing person were connected.

In the meantime how did her car get into the drink.

1 A couple of inebriated locals, iron men from the surf club used to manoeuvring rescue boats, come across the car and drove off a short way let the tyres down a bit, then for a laugh drove it onto the beach and into the surf.

2 As above but with engine running and also pushing it, tipped it off the groyne rolling it so it landed upside down.

3 As above but could access a retrieval vehicle for pulling boats up the beach and used it to pull the car down the beach.

4 Was a prearranged abduction and a boat was offshore to assist in pulling the car into the water.

This bloke seems to have got his car down the beach.

Photos: 1964 Joe Wilson with Smokey the dog and his two door Austin A30 sedan at the Cove Cottesloe. Photo courtesy of Arthur Sherburn.

1964-Cottesloe-The-Cove-Joe-Wilson-Smokey-the-dog-with-Joes-woody-Morris-or-Austin-sedan-AS-pic-img182.jpg

[FONT=&quot]Especially for Spooks

Ellis Taylor wrote this in response to an article in The Secret Sun blog about the Final Farewell for Heath Ledger at Cottesloe.

'Considering your thoughts on the religious aspect to this sunset swim...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Did you know that in this precise location - at sunrise on 22nd June 1988 (Winter solstice and beginning of Gemini) - a Fiat 127 was found in the surf there (directly opposite the Indiana Restaurant, where the mourners swam at sunset)? It belonged to a young woman called Julie Cutler, who had left work at the Parmelia Hilton at 12.30 am on the 20th June, and has not been seen since.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.wa.crimestoppers.com.au/missing_persons.htm?id=33[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The day between, the 21st June, was Prince William's 6th birthday. Fiat basically means 'Let it be done'. 'A cutler' is someone who fashions cutting instruments.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The 9th February, in keeping with an underlying Egyptian (Masonic) theme is their festival of 'the Unseen in the Underworld' and the feast day of the solar god, Apollo brother of Diana. Its 9- 2 - 08 numerics coincide in similar fashion to 2(0)- 6 - 88. Not just this either...there are 7171 days between the two ceremonies in the surf - oddly mesmeric and familiar numbers...reverse them and get the year (date was 24th June SJs Day - when the sun marches again) for the official launch of the Grand Lodge at the Goose And Gridiron Ale House (gaga = 7171 numerologically)and gaga = a fool.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Thanks for your work. I have only just come across it.'

[/FONT]

Re pics or publications and copyright:

Websleuths requires that all members who use this site respect the property of others.

Posting a pic and just naming a publication (i.e. Panorama) is not enough. You must provide an actual link which one can click and be taken directly to the source that you took it from.

If the screencaps are from a documentary video, we need the direct link to the video.

If you cannot provide a link because the pic or print is not available online, then you must include the name of the publication, the headline or article title, and the publication date with key points paraphrased / summarized in your own words.

This is the standard copyright rule across all of Websleuths.

We appreciate your efforts and know you all have good intentions in working hard towards resolution in these cases. It is imperative however that copyright rules be adhered to.

If the above is not clear to you or you aren't sure what to do, please contact Bessie or sillybilly via PM for assistance before you post.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member