IN - Abigail Williams & Liberty German, Delphi, Media, Maps, Timelines NO DISCUSSION

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears to be a new article. Sheriff Leazenby states this is not a cold case.

http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_b323b47e-f01c-11e7-9eb8-6b73cc09415a.html

Case of Delphi teen murders has not gone cold, sheriff says
By Kathleen Merrill KVP Correspondent Jan 2, 2018

"It has been nearly 11 months since the unthinkable happened in Carroll County – 11 long months since two teen girls were snatched from a bridge on a sunny day off from school and murdered."

Snip

“"This is not a cold case, because a true cold case has nothing left to follow,” he said, adding that officers from multiple agencies, including the FBI, are still working the case every day.

One thing they’ve been doing is conducting additional follow-up on information provided by working with technology, mainly from cell phones.

“Some investigators continue to dig deeper into backtracking what certain people were doing on February 13,” he said, of the information captured from cell phones in the area that day.

“You just can’t clear out thousands of leads in a 10-month time period,” Leazenby said. “I wish I could give a timeline when we will have exhausted all the tips and leads.”"

"Police have received more than 26,000 tips from the public, according to Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley. Investigators recently received about 200 tips after a segment about the girls aired on the “Dr. Phil” talk show, Leazenby said.

“Yeah, it’s not the thousands we were dealing with,” he said, adding that every tip could be the one that solves the killings. “At this point, I think it’s too early to say if there’s anything of value to the investigation in those, but we continue to follow the tips and leads we get.”

Case of Delphi teen murders has not gone cold, sheriff says
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_b323b47e-f01c-11e7-9eb8-6b73cc09415a.html

"In the meantime, people continue to speculate about the killer or killers, and their armchair sleuthing is making investigators unhappy.

“As we continue the investigation into the deaths of Abby and Libby, please refrain from posting pictures on social media sites of innocent people set side by side with the sketch and picture of the alleged suspect,” the Indiana State Police wrote on Twitter recently. “By doing so, you take away from the investigation by slandering and possibly hurting those people and their families.

“Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of LAW. If you feel someone might be the suspect, please notify the tip line at 844-549-5786 or the email address abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com. Do the right thing and help us solve the case and not cause unwanted pain and grief to those who may be innocent!”

It’s not the first time police have warned people about their public speculation.*

“First of all, it’s not fair to that person,” Riley said previously. “That person more than likely doesn’t have anything to do with this case, never did have anything to do with this case.

“And some people need to ask themselves, ‘Would they want their face up against that?” he said. “We are pushing that, to stop doing that, because some of these people might have families….and their child might come home and say a kid came up to them and said, ‘I saw your dad’s picture on Facebook as the killer.’

“Would you want your kid to be going through that? I wouldn’t want mine hearing that.”"

"What people can do is share the audio and photo and sketch wherever they have the chance to do so, police said.

And if you think you have information about the case, call the toll-free tip line at 844-459-5786. You can also email information to abbyandlibbytip@cacoshrf.com.

You can remain anonymous. A reward of more than $230,000 is being offered for information that leads to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the killings."

From 10/16/17

Mother of Abby Williams filling gift boxes in memory of murdered Delphi girls
https://www.wthr.com/article/mother...gift-boxes-in-memory-of-murdered-delphi-girls

"DELPHI, Ind. (WTHR) - Delphi is decorated for Halloween, but many people already thinking about Christmas and how they remember the lives of Libby German and Abby Williams.

“This project is keeping me really busy,” said Anna Williams, Abby’s mom. “And I think it is going to keep the family moving through the holidays.”

Anna is leading Abby’s Angels, filling shoe-sized boxes full of little things that can make a big difference in kids' lives. School supplies, small toys, personal care items and other things many under privileged children often do without."

From Spellbound's transcript of Holeman interview - http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Delphi-13-Feb-2017-65&p=13565009#post13565009

PART 2:
A: [5.34] When the people come forward that mentioned, you know, because that sketch behind you is pretty detailed, like we said, and the guy that did it is obviously unbelievably talented because he maybe didn't have a bunch of information but it's unbelievable what they could come up with, right, and make it into this composite sketch that could end up helping crack the case. But, when did those people come forward that said that they saw him possibly near the trail?

H: Well, that's a good question. It's actually compiled, it's not just from one person, so we've had several people say that they saw the person that we identified through the video that we obtained off of Liberty's phone. And we put that out so once people saw that photo then they said "oh I saw that guy; I saw that guy." We have to determine 'is that the guy they saw' first of all, and if it is then let's work together. So, we were getting calls that night, and throughout the last couple months. Some people don't watch the news. Some people don't really follow what's going on . So some of them were sooner-than-later, um. But then we took our time with that. We took our time, we interviewed the composite drawing itself took probably 2/12 to 3 weeks, because we wanted to make sure ourselves that it was exactly right at the people had recalled that. So, um, we have been, I think, getting better tips. Obviously the first photo is pretty hard to see. It's pixelated pretty bad, and this is pretty detailed. We want to make sure that people know this might not look exactly like the person, but it's gonna have similar facial features. So, this is just what the person or persons that we've interviewed over the last several months believe this is what this guy looked like. There's four of us in this room right now. If somebody walked into this room for 30 seconds and left, we'd all have different drawings, but I think the facial features and the major identifiers we would all get right. So, that's what we're hoping, that this gives us a little more guidance, a little more not-as-vague. And it's helping. We are getting better tips. We're still getting some not-so-good tips, I would say. But we're getting a little better tips from this composite drawing.

Delphi girls' investigation headquarters moving back to smaller location

https://www.theindychannel.com/news...-headquarters-moving-back-to-smaller-location

[FONT=&]moving the headquarters of the investigation into the deaths of two teenage girls back to the Delphi City Hall, where it was originally headquartered. [/FONT]

"On Feb. 13, 2018 the start of the second year of the investigation, the agencies will be moving the headquarters. The investigation began in a room above the Delphi City Hall. It was later moved to the REMC building on Franklin Street in Delphi.

The headquarters will be moved back to the office space above city hall. The two buildings are less than half a mile apart."

Tennessee sheriff clarifies Delphi suspect has not been seen there

INDIANAPOLIS (WTHR) - The Delphi murder investigation took an abrupt and, as it turns out, wrong turn Monday morning.

Attention was brought to southeastern Tennessee Monday after the Bledsoe County Sheriff's Office posted the suspect photo and sketch on their Facebook page, and the message, "FBI has extended the search into south eastern Tennessee counties including Bledsoe."

The department later corrected their post to clarify the suspect had not actually been seen in Bledsoe County or anywhere in Tennessee; they were just trying to remind people about the nationwide search.

"As part of the families’ efforts to develop investigative leads, information has been shared with numerous police agencies across the nation," Indiana State Police said in a written statement later on Monday. "One agency in Tennessee shared the information on their Facebook Site and added verbiage that stated 'FBI has extended the search into south eastern Tennessee counties including Bledsoe.' In fact, this is a NATION WIDE search for the person or persons wanted for the murders of Abby and Libby....

[video=youtube;pgo8R_iXLdw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgo8R_iXLdw[/video]
WTHR report from yesterday includes Today segment
(very paraphrased)
Rick Van Wyk reports, clearing up report, just as the family is arriving back in Ind and speaks with them. The information wasn't exactly right, just a posting of the poster to help. It rolled off SuperInt. Doug Carter, as not malicious, and may bring more spot light.
Mike Patty is so optimistic that he believes it will be solved anyday...

Person of interest in Delphi case will return to Indiana because of unrelated warrant

"JOHNSON COUNTY, Ind. – A man considered a person of interest in the murder of two Delphi teens is being sent back to Indiana from Colorado.

There’s an active warrant for Daniel Nations’ arrest for failing to register as a sex offender in Johnson County, according to Sheriff Doug Cox. The sheriff says his officers will have to go get him and court records say they have 21 days to do so."

http://www.wdrb.com/story/37351344/person-of-interest-in-delphi-murder-case-brought-back-to-indiana

'Person of interest' in Delphi murder case brought back to Indiana
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 8:01 PM

He asked the public not to get tired.

"We must keep our resolve for Libby and Abby. For this community. And frankly to ensure that good trumps evil -- and it will."

"We will stay committed -- with resolve very rarely exhibited with human behavior -- until this conclusion," he said. "Please be patient. Become our partners and communicate with us as often as you can."

He also said he had one last message for the deceased victims of the crime.

"And now from a very humble servant, that's the most blessed guy on this planet to represent the profession I represent, to Libby and Abby: It's my hope and my prayer that you're now experiencing God's promise of eternal peace."

Police are asking anyone who was parked at High Bridge Trail Head on February 13, 2017 between 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to contact them. And if you can identify the man in the photo they released, please contact the Carroll County Sheriff's Department or the Delphi Police Department at 765-564-2345 or the Indiana State Police at 765-567-2125. You can remain anonymous, if you request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper