OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While checking out Probate records on CRjr, (I "heard") his estate had been settled and it has) I noticed that TR who is admin to his estate (and I think the rest of children and CRsr;s), I noticed his address. It appears he lives at Big Bear Resort at least that's the address on the documents he filed for probate. Would somebody put their work address on official documents if they needed to be contacted by court officials? Another question is why is it taking the admin so long to list the Rhoden assets? Even though the trailers are being " held" by LE/BCI, wouldn't there still be other assets to list?

While checking out Probate records on CRjr, (I "heard") his estate had been settled and it has) I noticed that TR who is admin to his estate (and I think the rest of children and CRsr;s), I noticed his address. It appears he lives at Big Bear Resort at least that's the address on the documents he filed for probate. Would somebody put their work address on official documents if they needed to be contacted by court officials? Another question is why is it taking the admin so long to list the Rhoden assets? Even though the trailers are being " held" by LE/BCI, wouldn't there still be other assets to list?

TR lives at bbl, there are quite a few houses there, it is not just camp grounds, I did have a list of residents that lived there but I can not find it. I will keep searching though. One other person I remember is CR and her mother.

I too have followed this case for two years and 31 threads in! I have spent a great deal of time reading and researching news and public records of the past few years and the 2 years since. To say the least I have found some "interesting connections" that I found too hard to overlook. From the beginning I felt there had to be a big fish. Two years now and the rabbit hole I have dug goes deeper.
I do not think the big picture will be coming together anytime soon, unless there is going to be a big "reveal" just in time for the upcoming elections. :moo:
I am so glad the timeline was reposted and with the addition of the murder of Dr. Kevin Lake (just before testifying...
(link and excerpts below) and too add to the puzzle the eerily similar death of his colleague Dr. David Rath (a former state coroner) also about to testify in the same case!
I can't find anything about the cause of death...can anyone help me find more information?

[FONT=&amp]Kevin Lake’s wife, Susan Lake, told detectives that she thought the person who took the photo and wrote the letter was trying to intimidate her husband from testifying, according to a search warrant affidavit. [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]"However, Lake had a number of corporations created, and he received proceeds from the clinic surreptitiously, court records show. From 2004 until the doors finally closed in May 2013, the clinic raked in $50 million in proceeds."
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]
Doctors and physicians assistants would each see up to 100 patients a day. Two doctors who worked with Lake — Dr. Terry Dragash and Dr. David Rath — along with Karen Climer, an administrative employee, pleaded guilty to conspiracy to distribute oxycodone charges in federal court. Dragash and Climer served time; Rath died in January 2016 before sentencing.[/FONT]

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170926/who-fatally-shot-pill-mill-doctor-in-his-new-albany-area-home (Dr.Lake)

http://www.dispatch.com/article/20160108/NEWS/301089632 (Dr.Rath)

Hmmm......I thought he was mixed up with Jonl** Whi** and they had a child together right after the murders?

Yup, but I'm almost positive he and the Mrs are still together.

Maybe he's moved to BBL? I had his address as very near KR's ex. I'm not sure about the assets, if the court released the vehicles, then there's those, but, there's likely stuff in those trailers too. Surely they cataloged the items and didn't just leave them in those trailers. O.O

I too have followed this case for two years and 31 threads in! I have spent a great deal of time reading and researching news and public records of the past few years and the 2 years since. To say the least I have found some "interesting connections" that I found too hard to overlook. From the beginning I felt there had to be a big fish. Two years now and the rabbit hole I have dug goes deeper.
I do not think the big picture will be coming together anytime soon, unless there is going to be a big "reveal" just in time for the upcoming elections. :moo:
I am so glad the timeline was reposted and with the addition of the murder of Dr. Kevin Lake (just before testifying...
(link and excerpts below) and too add to the puzzle the eerily similar death of his colleague Dr. David Rath (a former state coroner) also about to testify in the same case!
I can't find anything about the cause of death...can anyone help me find more information?

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20170926/who-fatally-shot-pill-mill-doctor-in-his-new-albany-area-home (Dr.Lake)

http://www.dispatch.com/article/20160108/NEWS/301089632 (Dr.Rath)

Thanks for these links Mindful1. We should add them to the timeline. The two doctors murders just before their testimony is a huge red flag. I don't know why these murders aren't being fully investigated, unless BCI and AG are the only ones on the case.

JMO, I doubt we will see anything revealed in time for the elections, though anything is possible. These folks like to keep things buried. They won't risk giving the public and news media enough new information to dig up more facts.

Not trying to be pessimistic, but it's just how Ohio government rolls these days.

Maybe he's moved to BBL? I had his address as very near KR's ex. I'm not sure about the assets, if the court released the vehicles, then there's those, but, there's likely stuff in those trailers too. Surely they cataloged the items and didn't just leave them in those trailers. O.O

IIRC, the state left all their personal items in the trailers. There was a news item or two back in 2016 where Tony Rhoden was complaining because he wanted to retrieve some family possession, like the family Bible, from one of the trailers. LE wouldn't let him. He also needed to get some paperwork necessary for handling probate of the family estates. Not sure, but they must have found a way to help him with that part.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ourtroom-battle-brewing-rhoden-case/90729690/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...sacre-no-answers-family-marks-time/100005422/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/

One can assume most all of their personal possessions, family memorabilia, etc. have been destroyed from sitting in those closed up, bloody trailers for the last 2 years.

JMO, LE will keep those trailers until they think the general public has lost interest in the case. After that they will quietly have them scrapped, destroyed and put into a landfill. The only things that will change that are: a new AG and governor; federal agents and prosecutors deciding to take over the investigation.

IIRC, the state left all their personal items in the trailers. There was a news item or two back in 2016 where Tony Rhoden was complaining because he wanted to retrieve some family possession, like the family Bible, from one of the trailers. LE wouldn't let him. He also needed to get some paperwork necessary for handling probate of the family estates. Not sure, but they must have found a way to help him with that part.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...ourtroom-battle-brewing-rhoden-case/90729690/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...sacre-no-answers-family-marks-time/100005422/

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/10/15/pike-county-death-foothills/91496698/

One can assume most all of their personal possessions, family memorabilia, etc. have been destroyed from sitting in those closed up, bloody trailers for the last 2 years.

JMO, LE will keep those trailers until they think the general public has lost interest in the case. After that they will quietly have them scrapped, destroyed and put into a landfill. The only things that will change that are: a new AG and governor; federal agents and prosecutors deciding to take over the investigation.

From what I remember, no family members were allowed in the homes and no personal effects were removed. Everything inside them are as they were when LE finished their work in them... Those homes are surely a biohazard by now. Boarded up with the heat from summer to grow contaminants. Maybe the winter weather killed some germs again...

I'd forgotten about them sealing the trailers w/all the stuff in them. This whole tragedy is like something out of some weird, fiction, conspiracy, movie. I've started, several times, to just quit following, and give up my WS account, but I can't. They are the only reason I joined WS. :sigh:

I'd forgotten about them sealing the trailers w/all the stuff in them. This whole tragedy is like something out of some weird, fiction, conspiracy, movie. I've started, several times, to just quite following, and give up my WS account, but I can't. They are the only reason I joined WS. :sigh:

You're a kind and caring person, rsd1200, as are the others who keep returning here. :grouphug: It's been easy for a lot of people to walk away from this case because it seems so helpless and such a false, negative picture has been painted the victims by LE and in social media. If you're like me it's just a persistent feeling that this isn't right. That no matter how poor or rowdy or whatever this family was, they cared about their family and friends, they worked hard to support themselves and they didn't deserved to be brutally murdered. And they just haven't gotten a fair break, it seems, in getting justice.

On the bright side, the civil trial in the Rebecca Zahau murder case is moving along. We've finally learned of all the evidence, saw how LE ignored and omitted evidence, lied and fudged on results. It took almost 7 years to get there, so anything is possible. There's always hope.

To you and everyone here:

:yourock:

I'd forgotten about them sealing the trailers w/all the stuff in them. This whole tragedy is like something out of some weird, fiction, conspiracy, movie. I've started, several times, to just quit following, and give up my WS account, but I can't. They are the only reason I joined WS. :sigh:

This case is what brought me to WS, also. I couldn't believe what was happening then and still can't now. I apparently, naively, believed that murders seldom go unsolved in Ohio. Especially murders of this magnitude with the coverage it originally got. Then there was the silence from everyone and the way LE has handled it makes you wonder what the h3ll is going on....

You're a kind and caring person, rsd1200, as are the others who keep returning here. :grouphug: It's been easy for a lot of people to walk away from this case because it seems so helpless and such a false, negative picture has been painted the victims by LE and in social media. If you're like me it's just a persistent feeling that this isn't right. That no matter how poor or rowdy or whatever this family was, they cared about their family and friends, they worked hard to support themselves and they didn't deserved to be brutally murdered. And they just haven't gotten a fair break, it seems, in getting justice.

On the bright side, the civil trial in the Rebecca Zahau murder case is moving along. We've finally learned of all the evidence, saw how LE ignored and omitted evidence, lied and fudged on results. It took almost 7 years to get there, so anything is possible. There's always hope.

To you and everyone here:

:yourock:

You're sweet BettyP. Two years seems like an eternity, I honestly thought it would be wrapped up and headed to trial by now. I know it takes a long time for some things to happen, and that can be true of any case, but there's just so much corruption that's come to light. I've not closely followed Rebecca Zahau's case, but I do remember hearing about it, and thinking it was kind of bizarre at the time. I hope that justice is served, for her, and her family.

This case is what brought me to WS, also. I couldn't believe what was happening then and still can't now. I apparently, naively, believed that murders seldom go unsolved in Ohio. Especially murders of this magnitude with the coverage it originally got. Then there was the silence from everyone and the way LE has handled it makes you wonder what the h3ll is going on....

I understand. We have our share of unsolved ones on this side of the state line too. If there was any hint of progress from the sheriff's office, or DeWine's, then I guess I would feel better. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I don't want them to give up anything that would hurt the prosecution of this case, but, to have an update would be nice. I guess if they don't have anything to provide, in an update, then there's no reason to give an update. Someone murdered a kid, who had just had his 16th birthday, who was hiding between his wall and bed. Two young mothers, barely adults, is horrible enough, but a 16 y/o kid... I just can't see it. They're cowards, and they should be in prison, never to walk the streets free again.

This case grabbed my heart in so many ways. I lived in Adams Co, right next to 32 and UHR wasn't that far away from me. It hit me that 20 something years ago when I was a practicing addict, this could have been my family. The things you get into when your young and invincible. You don't think of the danger you put your family and friends in. At that point in my life my undetermined demons had not been diagnoised and all I wanted was to quit hurting and worrying about where my unhappy life was going. I had not been brought up with copping skills, I was brought up with pride and anger. I am a "hillbilly" child and that pride of not asking for help is instilled in me, just like I feel it was instilled in the Rhoden's/Gilley. You do what you can, when you can, always thinking of your children first. I don't know, it "appeared" to me that they were trying to turn their lives around, and just never got the chance.

Another idea I've had about the long probate and the child custody case, is it seemed to me they (LE,BCI) was keeping what was important to the families away from them for some reason. Either they wanted them to talk, or thought they were involed in some way. I believe that if there is a "Mr Big" he had all his little minions do the deed.
So why has the last few months been so quiet? Did their plans work (LE, BCI) ? They haven't put any more "lasor focus" on anyone else lately.

This case grabbed my heart in so many ways. I lived in Adams Co, right next to 32 and UHR wasn't that far away from me. It hit me that 20 something years ago when I was a practicing addict, this could have been my family. The things you get into when your young and invincible. You don't think of the danger you put your family and friends in. At that point in my life my undetermined demons had not been diagnoised and all I wanted was to quit hurting and worrying about where my unhappy life was going. I had not been brought up with copping skills, I was brought up with pride and anger. I am a "hillbilly" child and that pride of not asking for help is instilled in me, just like I feel it was instilled in the Rhoden's/Gilley. You do what you can, when you can, always thinking of your children first. I don't know, it "appeared" to me that they were trying to turn their lives around, and just never got the chance.

I can't hardly ask for help either, one thing about it, ya might learn life lessons the hard way, but you tend to remember them! I agree, it looks as if they were trying to go legit. It can't be over weed. Weed ain't nothin', but, who they may have rubbed elbows with, in selling their product, could have been somethin'.

Another idea I've had about the long probate and the child custody case, is it seemed to me they (LE,BCI) was keeping what was important to the families away from them for some reason. Either they wanted them to talk, or thought they were involed in some way. I believe that if there is a "Mr Big" he had all his little minions do the deed.
So why has the last few months been so quiet? Did their plans work (LE, BCI) ? They haven't put any more "lasor focus" on anyone else lately.

I'm sure the surviving family members would or have shared what they know to bring the killers to justice. They may have shared that information already. The only reason they would remain silent would be concern for their own safety, it seems. And LE was clear from the start that they were not going to protect these families.

That leaves a big question: Does LE really want the families to talk about what they might know? Locking up the Rhoden family's possessions may have been punitive, but why?

If surviving Rhoden family members knew something about the people behind the killings, why wouldn't they reveal that to LE? Do they fear retribution from the killers? If so, why hasn't LE protected them? We've asked these questions many, many times with no answers. Just silence and a case that's quickly going cold.

:goodpost:

Great comment, amauet1. You've accomplished a great deal and have much to be proud of. Thanks for your honest insight into the unique way people in your area deal with these issues. I hope some day things can change so people can feel comfortable asking for the help they need and getting it when they ask.

Working class people are dealing with some heavy, heavy problems in those areas. Lots of economic decline, lack of good paying jobs and safety nets. We all need to do what we can to help revive these communities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3