‘Mother hen’ to media villain: The life of Debbie Bradley - Kansas City Star 11/5/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Abby Normal
I think they are just showing about the time that relationship began. It wasn't changed on her ID yet, but she gave it on the ticket which means she was there enough to give hat address out. They can't say when they married, right? I think they are just establishing alleged beginning of cohabitation.

Ummm, do wha? MARRIED?? Are you meaning DB and JI married? I'm assuming you mean, like, when they started dating or something right? I'm still not far along in this thread, but I was thinking, OMG!! Please don't tell me they pulled a Ron and Misty Cummings. I'm thinking, NO. Right? If not, I definitely need more sleep.... :bedtime:

it was referencing a comment in the article about when she first gave his address as her own. Some suggested it stood out like a sore thumb.

I offered that "they can't say when they married, right?"

so therefore I assume the writer of the piece is...

"just establishing alleged beginning of cohabitation."

So, no, I'm not suggesting they married. My post just had to be taken in context to make any sense :)

ETA- Thank you Gwenabob for explaining. We must have cross posted.

Netz has stopped watching television in disgust. He’s not opening Facebook or reading emails, and he screens all calls.

He has angry words for the police, too.

He says officers called Debbie white trash in their interviews, told her to cut the innocence act, that it was obvious she’d killed Lisa. They said they’d found the body, showed her burnt clothes, he says.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/05/3250061/from-mother-hen-to-media-villain.html#ixzz1cxMYNwVE

I think that the investigators should be taking a long hard look at Phil Netz and his and Debbi's father, David Netz.

David Netz is acting very very defensive. I read his Facebook before he took it down. He's a handyman and home improvement guy. I wonder if he has any ongoing concrete projects around his house, like a walkway or patio or retaining wall? Great place to hide a little baby's body, to coverup the wrongdoing of your favorite child. And to have the child's grave nearby.

We now know that Phil hung around at the Irwin residence long after Debbi supposedly went to bed. Why? Was she really awake all that time, and was she transferring a dead baby Lisa to Phil's car to be taken to Independence MO. (only 13 miles away) for an unofficial burial?

These people are a really creepy family. Makes me even wonder exactly how Debbi's mom died. Maybe the PA police should look into that occurence.

Did you hear LE say that DB was "*hite *rash"? Unless you did, how do you know if this is true? What was written in the article is a "rumor" until proven otherwise.
If this is the logic being followed, then what about the witnesses that have been interviewed that have absolutely no gain in this case what so ever and the same people do not believe them either?:waitasec: It seems to me like some people just don't want to believe anything that anybody says that does not go along with Db being guilty - no matter the source.

Just a general statement about my family: Im damn glad I let my kid sleep between us until he was way to old by American standards LOL We asked the doctor when he was young like less than a year for her opinion and she said it was quite ok and that the Chinease allowed their children co-sleeping until the age of 6. Our son was a severe asthamatic and i coudnt sleep w/o knwing he was breathing. By letting him sleep with us I could just wake up and look at him and know he was ok. Hubyy was all for this too. He is our baby and my second child. I always had a fear too that someone or something might get him. Now that he is 15 not so worried LOL but in hindsight im very glad I did this. I cannot imagine if that family is innocent how they must feel for leaving that baby alone in a room. Im well aware it is a rare occurance to have a stranger abduction but still, I woundt let my little ones sleep alone in this day and age.

BBM: Well if not anything else, that was a sure fire way of birth control...:floorlaugh: I wish all parents were great and loving, but unfortunately that just isn't the case. Very sad.

I am also not naive enough to say "LE does this all the time". I would like to see every video LE has ever done and hear how they "do this all the time". As far as I know, many "guilty" people swear they "didn't do it" , and twist the truth to make themselves look innocent. LE is trying to find a missing child, they are not here to make DB look "more guilty", but DB is going out of her way to make LE look "guilty". JMO

I don't think LE is trying to make DB look more guilty. She is doing a fairly good job of that herself.

Didn't realize folks would take my words so literally - I guess I should have said LE does this a lot of the time and not all the time.

And to the poster above - why would LE treat you this way if you were the victim of a crime? You weren't suspected of being involved, were you? I realize DB is a victim at this point but she is also strongly suspected of being involved in the disappearance of her child.

We all know - oops! - some of us know that LE has tactics that they use to get what they need. In my opinion, they use them for the greater good and I don't hold that against them. As I said earlier, whatever it takes to find this child.

it is the family telling the story..so its the family's story-the reporter is telling their story-Am I missing something here.

It is the family's story, but it was the paper that "put it out." Nobody went to the paper and held them at gunpoint until they did so. The family said what they know and think...should we have expected any different? Just because they're DB's family I'm not going assume they're intentionally speaking mistruths.

Netz has stopped watching television in disgust. He’s not opening Facebook or reading emails, and he screens all calls.

He has angry words for the police, too.

He says officers called Debbie white trash in their interviews, told her to cut the innocence act, that it was obvious she’d killed Lisa. They said they’d found the body, showed her burnt clothes, he says.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/05/3250061/from-mother-hen-to-media-villain.html#ixzz1cxMYNwVE

Again, is it known that LE called DB trash? Nope. Is LE admitting to it? Did it come straight from DB? Is it even in quotation marks? No, no, and no. The statement was made by her brother, and allegedly came from DB's mouth, after it came from LE's mouth. That's third hand info, which is fourth hand info when it makes it to print, and not a direct quote to begin with. Make of it what you will, just consider the source.

It's her father they're interviewing for the story, not her brother.

It is the family's story, but it was the paper that "put it out." Nobody went to the paper and held them at gunpoint until they did so. The family said what they know and think...should we have expected any different? Just because they're DB's family I'm not going assume they're intentionally speaking mistruths.

we know the paper put out the story in a literal sense-that what they do..they print stories,but DB's family spoke to the reporter,thinking their story was going to be put out by the paper..so I am saying its the family's story being told by the reporter. I also corrected my post..LE denies the accusations in that story..I was not there-I don't know what LE did or did not do..and until I see a video or a statement from LE that what DB'S family put out--I am in my right not to believe anything that comes from the family!

About the "white trash" comments. I used to advocate for victims of domestic violence and rape, and during the course of a case I would often deal with LE. I'll preface my comments by saying more times than often the police officers and detectives were hard-working, stand-up people. However, I've also heard LEOs use the above-mentioned term and much worse in regards to my clients, while referring to the alleged abuser/rapist in glowing terms. Folks, it does happen. It's sad when it does, because it means fewer victims coming forward and cooperating with LE.

eta: I'm not disputing whether or not LE used that term in this situation. Until it's shown for a fact they did or didn't, it's not for me to form a judgment or make an inference.

I thought they had been staying with an Irwin?

About three years ago, Debbie gave Irwin’s address for a traffic ticket. The address was for the North Lister Avenue home from which baby Lisa disappeared. Lately, the family has been staying at the North Walrond Avenue residence rented by Debbie’s brother Phillip.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/11/05/3250061/from-mother-hen-to-media-villain.html#ixzz1cxakx000
I thought that for a long time too because the MEDIA said so.They kept repeating it as such. They also were saying it was HIS brother's house, but I knew he didn't have a brother so I didn't fall for that one!

I thought that for a long time too because the MEDIA said so.They kept repeating it as such. They also were saying it was HIS brother's house, but I knew he didn't have a brother so I didn't fall for that one!

As I said in post above, this article cleared up a lot of facts for me. I'm still on the fence, however, I'm :waitasec: a lot less.

If this is the logic being followed, then what about the witnesses that have been interviewed that have absolutely no gain in this case what so ever and the same people do not believe them either?:waitasec: It seems to me like some people just don't want to believe anything that anybody says that does not go along with Db being guilty - no matter the source.

I totally agree with your post. And it seems to me that is the direction of all the 'threads'. I personally think it is sad that there is so much jaded opinion against this family and it all began immediately. They are being judged on areas that are common in many households. I feel that only the negative aspects of this family have been publicized. Everything that they say in their defense is a 'lie' and anything bad that is said is the truth. We can't really judge what LE says, because they haven't said anything.

<modsnip>

We now know that Phil hung around at the Irwin residence long after Debbi supposedly went to bed. Why? Was she really awake all that time, and was she transferring a dead baby Lisa to Phil's car to be taken to Independence MO. (only 13 miles away) for an unofficial burial?

These people are a really creepy family. Makes me even wonder exactly how Debbi's mom died. Maybe the PA police should look into that occurence.

I missed how we know that PN stayed around long after DB went to sleep. Can you please point me to that info?

People here have different opinions. That's just how it is. If a post violates the rules of this forum, a mod will remove it. If the mods don't remove a post, I assume it is within the rules of the forum, and don't get all worked up about it.

But that's just me.

Isn't Phillip DB's younger brother who accompanied her to purchase the boxed wine? How is he able to "rent a house"? Is/was he renting a room from the relative who owns the house? I thought that Phillip was living in the camper/trailer parked behind the Irwin house?

There sure are a lot of players in this case, and it's beginning to get confusing :waitasec:
He is 20 years old. Why wouldn't he be able to rent a tiny little house?:waitasec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx