04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the he!! does "Manslaughter by Sudden Quarrel" mean?

I had to kill him because he quarreled with me???

A couple of years ago in Vegas two guys who didn't know each other got into words, one punched the other and the one punch killed the other guy.

I believe that would qualify as "manslaughter by sudden quarrel"

If the State proved pre-meditation which I believe they have, we have nothing to fear. The jurors aren't morons. They remember opening statements and the DT case in chief. If this expert Dr Geffner had so much to say, he should have said it then.
Crime of passion? FOG that. JMO

BBM:

Fog that

Fog this

Fog will get Miss Arias!

:woohoo:

I can't believe (well, I actually I can...) that the DT is going to pull this BS. The jury isn't going to appreciate the DT keeping this trial, going and going and going...

Geesh! I just realized... the DT team should be named "Energizer Bunny" because they just keep going and going and going and going and going and go....

JM has first dibs on that title (but in a more positive way)! :drumroll:

The AZ atty Monica on HLN thinks its unlikely judge will grant request for sur rebuttal for defense
That would be sweet.. especially as this witness never interviewed ANYONE.

How can the defense now be saying "Heat of passion" When Jodi was never even Jealous? I thought she killed in self defense? Am I missing something?
It seems pretty clear that the jury (at least those who have submitted questions) doesn't buy the self-defense/DV story. I agree with you that crime of passion is ludicrous given all the evidence of premeditation, there may be at least one juror who might find it easier to believe that she just snapped. Hopefully the judge DENIES the motion. Let's not forget that in July 2011 Jodi was willing to plead to second-degree murder but the prosecution turned her down. Her plea offer reads like blackmail/extortion--basically take this offer or I'll destroy Travis on the stand. She wasn't kidding.

I can't believe he used the phrase "going at it". Kinda tacky/unprofessional, no?

"Know your audience." I imagine he was just using the lexicon of his audience. We all know what he is talking about. I don't see anything wrong with it.

This further cements my belief that they believe they have one juror in their camp, based on the juror questions, who believes Jodi.
Why do you think that???

If I understand correctly, heat of passion doesn't mean self defense. So the DT now realizes their self defense claim can not stand and change to heat of passion?

Looks like sur-rebuttal is on if the DT has their way. Hope JSS denies the motion.

4/22/2013 012 - ME: Trial - Party (001) 4/22/2013
4/22/2013 REQ - Request - Party (001) 4/22/2013
NOTE: REQUEST FOR SURREBUTTAL TESTIMONY AND NOTICE OF SURREBUTTAL WITNESS
4/21/2013 RJI - Request for Jury Instructions - Party (001) 4/22/2013
NOTE: DEFENDANT'S REQUESTED JURY INSTRUCTIONS

Do you have a link for this info? I can't remember what it is. Thanks!

The stab wounds to the back are enough to tank her "self defense" claim.

The passion of the victim not even being allowed to shower in peace without a fully dressed intruder coming in to start, continue and end a passionate verbal dispute or continue a physical one in which only the dead guy gets wounded.
:drumroll: Wow!!

So was JA lying on the stand before or has her fog lifted??? Makes me wonder if whatever mental illness JA has isn't contagious and JW and KN have become infected with it.
It was the trial that never ends
It just goes on and on my friends
Somebody started it without knowing what it was
And now they keep on trying it forever just because
It was the trial that never ends..........................

Kill me now. :banghead:

Robert Geffner? OMG, I used to work under him in family violence when I was getting my bachelor's in psychology, he is my former college professor. OMG :eek:

I'd be very interested in hearing your thoughts about him!

If I understand correctly, heat of passion doesn't mean self defense. So the DT now realizes their self defense claim can not stand and change to heat of passion?

Exactly. The DT wants 2 bites at the apple, possible 3 or 4, yet to be revealed. :furious:

I watched In Session this morning--realized that without all the sidebars and such---they can cover the whole day (pretty much) in two hours with commercials....says something there!

I also noted that JW really isn't JM---if she were to say she was just being "passionate" for her client--I'd say NO....

BBM

Where are you watching In Session? I thought that station wasn't on anymore.

To me, I see the DT asking for a surrebuttal case, knowing it's another psychologist, a case of "the lady doth protest too much" and the jury may see it that way as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time