04/22/2013 - waiting for rebuttal to continue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If for some reason there is a mistrial and we go through another trial how and the heck are they going to find a jury ? Expecially from Arizona ?

The works is full of stupid uninformed people that never watch the news or read it. I'm sure AZ also has its fair share.

IMO she can file appeals till the cows come home, she'll never be retried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It has continued to bother me that Jodi was very hard up (no pun intended) for money on her last road trip yet she purchased not One but Two facial cleansers when she bought the gas cans at Wally World...
Also, Mormons don't drink caffeine so why was she always stopping at Starbucks?

And Jodi got written up in jail for hiding "acne lotion". I think the "He stole my Neutrogena and I snapped" defense would have worked better than SD. Her complexion is obviously a sore point and a focus for her.

I know this will probably sound cray cray as they say, but I think the sunscreen may have been for her while running around in the desert trying to dispose of stuff and rest up and take her water-bottle shower before she met with Ryan Burns, and for even after she left him. I think she hung out in the desert before and after. It took her way too long to get back to Yreka after her Utah stop. I don't think she bought the sunscreen with the hopes that if Travis would take her to Cancun she'd be all set. If he did agree to take her, then they could have gone out and bought their trip provisions in the few days till the trip.

Not cray cray at all. I thought the same thing.

Since there has been so many posts lately about the florida jury and how that case went down, why not stop in the Caylee thread and leave a message? I just did, and it made me sad to see how quiet and empty it is in there.

We all remember Caylee, we talk about her in this trial chat every day. Why not go to her thread and leave a message?

There is one particular photo, in the group, where I am uncertain, precisely what part of Travis's body it is. I am not sure if I want to know.

can you post or count how many in it is?

Yep. One other thing about the hair color.

Once you have bleached hair you cannot go darker without another process. Most women who bleach their hair and then go darker, go to a professional to have it done.

I am convinced Jodi had her hair colored on the road. I am surprised the Prosecutor didn't try and find the salon that did the hair, nails and the ummmm hair removal?? :blushing:

I think he did and I think the details are coming.

I find it insulting to Travis that we have to even hear the abuse/DV etc. I hope JM has had enough of it and does not indulge the defense team in any way. Enough is enough.

Look at that photo of Travis!!!! It is one of the most gruesome murders EVER! I hope JA rots in he$$.

FBI uses it as a tool so that should establish its merit. It isn't infallible so it is much like lie detectors-a tool, but can't be used as hard circumstancial evidence. The video was very fascinating i thought.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
I have a friend who is a graphologist/handwriting analyst and I've always been interested in it/found it fascinating. Glad you liked the video.

Yep. One other thing about the hair color.

Once you have bleached hair you cannot go darker without another process. Most women who bleach their hair and then go darker, go to a professional to have it done.

I am convinced Jodi had her hair colored on the road. I am surprised the Prosecutor didn't try and find the salon that did the hair, nails and the ummmm hair removal?? :blushing:

Another hilarious Juanism........ "Cosmetic approach to your pelvic area" (Brazilian wax)

Since there has been so many posts lately about the florida jury and how that case went down, why not stop in the Caylee thread and leave a message? I just did, and it made me sad to see how quiet and empty it is in there.

We all remember Caylee, we talk about her in this trial chat every day. Why not go to her thread and leave a message?

Because it doesn't matter?

I don't think anyone here will ever forget that precious child.

BBM

Judge Perry is an excellent judge who ran his courtroom with an iron hand and a soft voice. One thing I remember about the trail is he was always thoughtful of the jury. If the lawyers wanted to "play games" they had to work more hours to do it. :rocker:
Of course he was thoughtful of the jury! He and Jose and his posse handpicked every one of them! :moo:

If for some reason there is a mistrial and we go through another trial how and the heck are they going to find a jury ? Expecially from Arizona ?

Probably people who may have heard of the case but don't watch a lot of news...

But I really think she'll be convicted of murder 1. There's too much evidence of premeditation.

It's almost always a poor choice to give the jury too many options. When 12 people have to reach one opinion, exhaustion often leads to compromises. If they understand that she will "go to jail" and that parole is discretionary, they could choose the lesser punishment just to get it over with.

You can't say it was murder one, but maybe murder two and also perhaps felony murder and then sprinkle a little voluntary manslaughter/heat of passion in...all of which have very specific legal definitions. Then add to that the battered woman defenses, self-defense, etc. and it's a mess.

Too confusing for the normal people that are deciding the verdict.

BBM: :rocker: Exactly ... and I totally agree !

:waitasec: This is a "poor example" but trying to make a point here : try getting 12 people to agree on what toppings they will all like on a pizza ?

:scared:

I find it insulting to Travis that we have to even hear the abuse/DV etc. I hope JM has had enough of it and does not indulge the defense team in any way. Enough is enough.

Look at that photo of Travis!!!! It is one of the most gruesome murders EVER! I hope JA rots in he$$.

I agree Rose, and really really hope justice prevails.

I know this will probably sound cray cray as they say, but I think the sunscreen may have been for her while running around in the desert trying to dispose of stuff and rest up and take her water-bottle shower before she met with Ryan Burns, and for even after she left him. I think she hung out in the desert before and after. It took her way too long to get back to Yreka after her Utah stop. I don't think she bought the sunscreen with the hopes that if Travis would take her to Cancun she'd be all set. If he did agree to take her, then they could have gone out and bought their trip provisions in the few days till the trip.

I agree. She was as obsessive about her skin as she was with her hair and nails.

She needed the sun screen for burying that stuff and she didn't pull over to clean herself up. She buried that stuff out there before the check point and she needed the sunscreen AND the Costco water to clean the sweat and grime off of her.

No way she left Travis' house covered in blood or in bloody clothing. Too much risk getting caught in a random pullover.

Okay so the Judge has other cases early in the morning? Why not do the in chambers stuff etc. during lunch break? Have a quick lunch and do the extra stuff during that time? It drives me bonkers when the jury is kept waiting for hours on end.

Or even have working lunches where you eat and work at the same time.'

This judge is wasting too much time and taxpayer money!

I wanted to add to this: self defense or crime of passion, both go out of the window after JM proved this was premeditated: grandpa's gun being stolen, gas cans bought, cellphone being turned off in arizona, hair bleached so that neighbours wouldn't recognize her, the renting of a white car, etc.

That's what I thought but Arizona allows the jury to consider a lesser charge if they believe the victim attacks the defendant first even if it's a premeditated killing. This is based on something I read online yesterday and not sure if that's the case. Of course I don't believe TA attacked JA for dropping his camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman