10 year murders 2 people in Louisiana

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Cp resident

Reaction score
MINDEN, La. (AP) — Police say a 10-year-old boy shot and killed the 82-year-old onetime mayor of a northwest Louisiana town.

Minden Police Chief Jared McIver told local news outlets that the boy told police that he shot and killed Joe Cornelius Sr., 82, and his daughter, Keisha Miles, 31. Both were found Sunday morning with multiple gunshot wounds.

Officials haven’t said how the boy, who is in custody, was related to the victims. Neighbors told KSLA-TV that they heard Cornelius and the boy arguing and later heard multiple gunshots.

Cornelius was a longtime member of the Minden city council who was appointed mayor for a time in 2013 after the previous mayor died. He was also a former sheriff’s deputy and marshal. A pillar of the town’s Black community, Cornelius was a former funeral home worker who had run programs for youth and helped launch local Black history observations.

“Joe Cornelius’ years of service to Minden were marked by his commitment and dedication to the betterment of our community,” Minden Mayor Nick Cox said in a statement. “On a personal note, I am grateful for his friendship and the many ways he supported me and others in our city.”

A 10-year-old boy allegedly gunned down a one-time Louisiana mayor and his adult daughter after fighting about credit card charges on video games, according to cops and neighbors.

The boy was arrested on two counts of first-degree murder after former Minden Mayor Joe Cornelius Sr., 82, and his daughter Keisha Miles, a 31-year-old mom of three, were found dead with multiple gunshot wounds inside his home early Sunday, the town’s Police Chief Jared McIver said.

The boy was a relative of Cornelius and Miles, the chief said, without specifying the exact relationship.

These killers are becoming younger and younger. Seems like a lot of young kids nowadays have zero regard for others and are downright disrespectful and do whatever they want to whenever they feel like it. Moo Something needs to change.

According to neighbors, an argument broke out between Cornelius and the 10-year-old about credit card charges over video games.

“I think that’s what happened. He was arguing with him; I heard them hollering and stuff,” the neighbor said.

“That was my cousin. I hate that that happened. Over a game.

“I don’t think that was right. The boy was autistic, he had autism.

“And Joe got to arguing with him. The boy just pulled a gun out. I mean, Joe used to be a sheriff, so he has guns because he worked for the sheriff’s department and the boy know where it was. It’s a sad thing.”

The child is currently being held in prison on two counts of first-degree murder. A bond has been set at $500,000 (£381,000).

Two guns - believed to be the murder weapons - were found hidden at the scene.

Investigators interviewed the child suspect at the scene, who initially provided a story that "just didn't add up", said Mr McIver.

He later provided a confession, but investigators still do not have any indication of a motive, said the chief.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GoldenGirl1971
Back