11.11.13 - WeBsLeuThs RADIO

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
JS has done an amazing job with keeping tweets updated. He even went back and clarified stuff from the show and apologized for saying "husband". What a stand up guy.

Yes, that was Jim showing him the photo, but that was after he had already id'ed the guy in a 6 photo page with LE...the problem, I believe is that Gil had already showed JT the photo, which some then believe would be 'leading'.
I can only hope that LE got the info first no matter who got to him first after that. It really doesn't matter to me who showed it to him asking who he thought it was if it was after LE. If LE didn't ( I am not saying they did or didn't) then that isn't good at all.

I can only hope that LE got the info first no matter who got to him first after that. It really doesn't matter to me who showed it to him asking who he thought it was if it was after LE. If LE didn't ( I am not saying they did or didn't) then that isn't good at all.

Except I think Gil got to him first, then LE, then Jim :(

I am so confused. I thought MT called LE first. So then LE does not show him a lineup? Then Gil shows him a photo of SB's husband and MT says that's the guy? How did Gil learn about MT?

Then why does MT describe the man he saw as having salt & pepper hair because that does not describe SB's husband?

"He said the man was standing under a streetlight about 30 feet away and appeared to have medium-length hair that was darker on top and slightly graying on the sides."

(Isabelle Zehnder reporting)

Can anyone help me out? TIA

I am so confused. I thought MT called LE first. So then LE does not show him a lineup? Then Gil shows him a photo of SB's husband and MT says that's the guy? How did Gil learn about MT?

Then why does MT describe the man he saw as having salt & pepper hair because that does not describe SB's husband?

"He said the man was standing under a streetlight about 30 feet away and appeared to have medium-length hair that was darker on top and slightly graying on the sides."

I think your guess is as good as anyone's. I don't get it either. I think that is why we have to take the MT sighting with a grain of salt.

MT waited a week before calling LE, which would have been the 11th or 12th of October. LE talked to him before any reports by the media were made public.

Thanks! So surely LE would ask MT to describe the man and baby he saw. I don't see how Gil going to MT later would discredit MT. MT had already given a statement to LE.

MT waited a week before calling LE, which would have been the 11th or 12th of October. LE talked to him before any reports by the media were made public.

What I have always wondered is if MT reported the sighting before or after the 100,000 dollar reward was offered. These two events occurred in the same time frame. Obviously, a large sum of money might cause some people to have ulterior motives.

All JMO.

What I have always wondered is if MT reported the sighting before or after the 100,000 dollar reward was offered. These two events occurred in the same time frame. Obviously, a large sum of money might cause some people to have ulterior motives.

All JMO.
except that he gave a different description from the husband/ wife sighting ("bald"). So how does one think they are eligible for the reward money by giving any old random description? Maybe because he also described a baby in only a diaper do you mean?

except that he gave a different description from the husband/ wife sighting ("bald"). So how does one think they are eligible for the reward money by giving any old random description? Maybe because he also described a baby in only a diaper do you mean?

Well, I guess I'm not really saying anything. Just thinking out loud, really.

Listened to the show and just found Jim Spellman's twitter and he is really great about answering questions with just the facts he knows. It is very helpful in cases like this!

JS on MT's picking out lineup pic:

jimspellmancnn jim spellman
And to add a bit of clarity about MT and the photos. Gil took him photos first and he IDed a man as being the person he saw. GA then...

..brough this to Cyndy SHorts attention and CS took MT to the KCPD. They interviewed him fro 2 hours and did their own photo array...

And he again IDed the same guy. I got all this from MT, GA and CS. So, he did ID the man to LE but after he IDed him to Gil.

We arent sure how Gil conducted his photo array, but KCPD tells me that since Gil had already seen pictures his testimony is ruined.

I hope that clarifies MT and his photo ID. I hope this also explains why I haven't named this man , who i have met and am in contact with

and says he didn't have anything to do with this. The reason I have said that Jersey is not the man he IDed is because previous on air

discussions by others may have implied that and I wanted to be sure we were leaving anyone with the impression that were accusing Jersey

of that, especially since he wasnt the person IDed! If this is of any interest to any one feel free to Cut and paste over there.

From Jim Spellman: I moved the order so it was clearer instead of bottom to top :)

And to add a bit of clarity about MT and the photos. Gil took him photos first and he IDed a man as being the person he saw. GA then...

..brough this to Cyndy SHorts attention and CS took MT to the KCPD. They interviewed him fro 2 hours and did their own photo array...
2 hours ago

And he again IDed the same guy. I got all this from MT, GA and CS. So, he did ID the man to LE but after he IDed him to Gil.
2 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

We arent sure how Gil conducted his photo array, but KCPD tells me that since Gil had already seen pictures his testimony is ruined.
2 hours ago

**Iamnotagolem, we were posting at the same time :)

Thanks Sparklin and iamnotagolem!

Now, how did Gil know MT if MT hadn't even been to the police yet?

How did Gil get to him first if he had already talked to LE before ever doing the first media interveiw? The very first desciption I saw from MT said the man had dark hair and appeared to be in his 30's ,I saw nothing of gray hair.

I dont really care about his court testimony at this point. What it hasnt done is ruin the investigation , so has there been any links on the stolen van?

Also if the rumor of the duffel bag is true ,Could Jersy and his ex be mistaken from DB and her brother ?

I think it is possible that every piece of information in this case, for some reason, just has to be confusing. Why would a person who knew anything about the law, well meaning or not, take it upon themselves to start showing witnesses pictures? This case is already so messed up with all the information out there, I am sure its reasons like this LE isn't talking about what they know. When a witness is tainted like this they can't help anymore, and even if they find out what happened, it doesn't do much good if they can't punish whoever is involved.

since we are not to carry this info into other threads, can somebody give me a scenario- any scenario- where a mom would place her deceased baby into a duffle bag? I know FCA and S. Smith had deep psychological problems but have yet to hear that about DB. And i am totally off the fence as of yesterday, so i am not looking for a debate. Just interested in opinions. TIA

I don't recall that FICA has been diagnosed (publicly) with deep psychological problems.
In the begining of the Smith and Anthony case, by all accounts they were portrayed as good mothers. It took some time for the truth to come out. My opinion is, some people are just mean, cruel and selfish and their wants and needs come before that of their child or children.

How did Gil get to him first if he had already talked to LE before ever doing the first media interveiw? The very first desciption I saw from MT said the man had dark hair and appeared to be in his 30's ,I saw nothing of gray hair.

I dont really care about his court testimony at this point. What it hasnt done is ruin the investigation , so has there been any links on the stolen van?

Also if the rumor of the duffel bag is true ,Could Jersy and his ex be mistaken from DB and her brother ?

BBM

Megan Wright's FB Q&A page may be the only source for the stolen min van information. I'm pretty sure we can mention stuff on that page per the rules outlined in this thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154311"]MW Defends Herself on Facebook [/ame]​

Here's a quote from MW:

"The last time I talked to/saw Jersey was about a week after I ended the relationship. He walked up the street, tried to talk to me and I got inside as quickly as possible. He ended up being invited in and got into a fight with a friend of mine. He was thrown out of the house and I haven't heard from him since. I was told that he showed up about 4 or 5 days after Lisa went missing in [what happened to be] a stolen mini van. And in less time that I could be told that he was outside, fly up the stairs and get to the porch, he was gone."​

Based on that quote it seems like this may be second-hand information to MW. That is, she didn't see Jersey or the mini van. She also doesn't mention how it was learned that the mini van was stolen. LE may have told her that at some later point, however.

Mods: Delete this post if I misunderstood that we could discuss the information that MW posted to her Q&A page.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..
Back