11/29/2011 Final prayer vigil for Lisa Irwin

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the way the parents deal with hateful people can be turned into a positive and doesn't have to be wrenching. I don't condone the yelling at all,or even people encroaching where they are not wanted,but that's what I don't get.
Why don't DB and JI want all the help and public attention for Lisa that they can get?
There should be hope . I just don't understand them .

Well, I don't understand a lot of things, so we are in the same boat.

]And who's word do we have that they were disruptive?[/B] I hardly think praying is disruptive but then again, I don't agree with anything these parents have done. It's obvious IMHO that they don't give two noodles about the baby. Oh I forgot, they are 100% back to normal now too and life is getting easier every day. No distractions now at all, I'm sure DI could not get to the stoop to drink and smoke so she had to have them shooed away. The baby disappeared or??? on her watch and I haven't seen her do one flippin thing to help find her.
You have my word that she was becoming disruptive. Along with most of the neighborhood thinking so. While I applaud Edith for caring, it has become more about the wrong thing. She can still do what she has been doing without disrupting anything or anybody out of a residential setting. There are 2 very lovely children's parks nearby. I think that would be a very fitting place to hold them and there would be plenty of parking.

Thanks, Yllek!

Yes, I have recently become very intrigued with the Ramsey case! I read the book by Steve Thomas, and wish to find out more!
I especially like your acronym HIIK! It's the story of my life!:crazy:

It's an interesting case with a lot of very informed posters who have read and analyzed every detail of the case. Quite a wealth of information here at WS.

15 years later and folks are still pondering exactly what happened to Jon Benet and who is responsible. I sure hope Lisa's case is resolved much more quickly.

May tomorrow be the day that Lisa is found...

:offtobed:

ITA ,especially because of the children .
Then it changes from a vigil to a prostest,IMO.
This is exactly what they started to become. Now don't get me wrong, most of the people attending were there for the very reason it was all about. Some were not. Those are the few who ruined it and the fact that this was happening nearly every single day.

O/T Again..is there a thread announacing WebSleuths conventions/
Is there any such thing?
TIA

I think you mistook my meaning. I wasn't defending the group, but simply saying what I could glean of their position is that their feelings were hurt for the reasons stated. That certainly doesn't justify anyone yelling at the parents as they left or any other inappropriate behavior.

I personally have no problem whatsoever with the family stopping the nightly vigils on their lawn, especially after seeing the video. Even if their hearts are in the right place, at least one of the group seems a bit unstable. And if that was an indication of her usual demeanor, I'm surprised they've been allowed to do this as long as they have.
This was becoming her usual demeanor. It went on this long IMO because she meant well, but she talked to everyone just like you saw on tape. We all heard that very same rant of hers every time we went past her. It was heartbreaking and totally frustrating all at the same time.

It's an interesting case with a lot of very informed posters who have read and analyzed every detail of the case. Quite a wealth of information here at WS.

15 years later and folks are still pondering exactly what happened to Jon Benet and who is responsible. I sure hope Lisa's case is resolved much more quickly.

May tomorrow be the day that Lisa is found...

:offtobed:

It's so hard for me to imagine all the recent missing child cases in 2026. Will we know what happened to Lisa, Haleigh, Kyron, Hailey, etc by then? Will these children ever be found, will someone ever be put on trial, will there ever be justice?

Were you in the Ramsey thread? If so:

IDI means Intruder Did It.
RDI means Ramseys Did It.
HTH.. HIIK (ha, my self-made acronym for heck if I know):crazy:

Thank you!!:woohoo:

The only one I knew was:

HTH -- hope that helps.

I would think that spreading the vigils out throughout different locations in the city would bring more public awareness than at their home. The family and neighbours know Lisa is missing, they get it, move it out in more public forums to raise awareness.

I would think that spreading the vigils out throughout different locations in the city would bring more public awareness than at their home. The family and neighbours know Lisa is missing, they get it, move it out in more public forums to raise awareness.

If Lisa was kidnapped, I feel like this is one of the few cases where she could still be alive. This case has received a significant amount of national coverage, but there are still millions of people out there who aren't aware of it. I haven't gone around and asked people if they know about the case, but I feel like this is one of those cases where it seems like it's a lot more well known than it actually is. Or people just know "missing baby" and wouldn't recognize the name Lisa Irwin. IDK. Am I off with this?

If Lisa was kidnapped, I feel like this is one of the few cases where she could still be alive. This case has received a significant amount of national coverage, but there are still millions of people out there who aren't aware of it. I haven't gone around and asked people if they know about the case, but I feel like this is one of those cases where it seems like it's a lot more well known than it actually is. Or people just know "missing baby" and wouldn't recognize the name Lisa Irwin. IDK. Am I off with this?

I think you are dead on the nail! Even at the height of the Caylee Anthony case I talked to people in FL who had no clue what I was talking about.

Edith's meltdown at the birthday vigil, the NIGHTLY vigils on the front lawn and the rude comments and screaming at the car with the kids in it last night.

Plus, Ashley Irwin indicated that there were problems before the vigil that night. She said that people would understand why they made the decision to ask them to stop, after the vigil [paraphrased]. We then saw the unpleasantness, which suggests that these "Angels" were not actually so angelic, but maybe had an agenda.

This was becoming her usual demeanor. It went on this long IMO because she meant well, but she talked to everyone just like you saw on tape. We all heard that very same rant of hers every time we went past her. It was heartbreaking and totally frustrating all at the same time.

Sadly, that doesn't surprise me. She seems like she is a terribly angry person, and it seems as if she takes her rage out on whomever she targets. She had the opportunity to focus her attention to this baby, and while her initial motivation may have been noble, it's clear that it has broken down into negativity. I would not want her anywhere near my house.

closing this thread for now. please spread out to other threads for topic relevant discussion.

thanks peeps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member