120 TES Search Areas "Cleared". Yes or No ?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you feel all search areas of Interest are really "Cleared" ?

• Yes

Votes: 47 12.3%
  • No

Votes: 291 76.0%
  • I Don't Know

Votes: 45 11.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though I support TM and TES and Im a little upset with him right now IMO I dont think he cleared all the area. And Im concerned that him meeting the the A's and their attorney has clouded his judgment. But thats just me:)

I don't think the meeting clouded his judgement at all. I was on a search with Tim & his team today in NC. We didnt have a huge party but we searched, searched & searched again. We went deep into the woods several times to clear an area. I can say every single person from his Tx & Orlando team I searched with did an outstanding job. It will be the same thing tomorrow & this isnt the first time some have been out here to look.
I felt pretty confident if his team said cleared, it was.

Are those "fully trained" people ones who attended the ten minute training session accompanied by the one hour long NLH speech? How does that make them qualified?

You know, this kind of comment doesn't help to support in any way the team you've got to continue the work on the searches in Central Fla. All of the 100 person team has been experienced in many searches, a few right here on this board. The fully trained team left here in Central Fla. are who is going to be searching every chance we can and I can tell you firsthand they are qualified. Maybe you would like to join us sometime so you too can help us on future searches.

God bless you LeLe. It's people like you behind a stick and a pair of boots that find the answers.

I know you worked hard preparing a super dinner for them until late last night also. I could smell that chili all the way down here. Thank you for all you do. Now get some rest.

I've heard way too many stories about the searches being disorganized to believe all areas have been searched thoroughly.

With no regards to who did the searching and whether they did a thorough job, i honestly think that an area shouldn't be considered completely clear until we have found her. There is just too much room for mistakes, looking over things, etc. I mean we are all human. So, with that said, no i don't think these areas should be cleared.

Are those "fully trained" people ones who attended the ten minute training session accompanied by the one hour long NLH speech? How does that make them qualified?

No, I was referring to people who have been on multiple searches, many who have a background in LE, S&R and other outdoors training.

I'm sure any new searchers, even those with other training under their belt felt ill prepared to be a team leader after the "meeting" on Friday night. Tim knows what he is doing, I don't think he is going to risk his reputation by handing anything off to someone he felt couldn't do the job. I think he feels people will rise up to what is expected of them.

Aside from being a parent with a badly broken heart, what did he know when he started this?

See, this is ONE of my major concerns! Does anyone honestly think that someone who is capable of murdering their own child would be worried about disturbing a conservation area? That area should have been searched! If I'm not mistaken the state has "ownership" of all conservation areas. I bet that they would have gladly given TES or anyone else permission to search every square inch considering the circumstances:confused:
Could this have been the area Caylee was found at?

I vote no
I was one of the searchers in group 2 for a place off Goldenrod, there was thich wood and a swamp area. First I thought we were suppose to have flags to flag off if we found something, not so. Our group leader did not even have flags. I first found a clorox plastic bottle that had been there a little while, it was fadded a little. I remembered KC had bought clorox at one of the stores, also remember GA saying KC car had Arm-n hammer in it. I called for anyone to come check out the clorox, no one had flags. Finally we got a flag to flag it, but how could anyone see it because it was in the woods? So my sister and I went to the other side of the area which was a swamp area with lots of elephant ears very overgrown, I was positive the area had not been searched. I could see a spot of something blue down in the swamp area at a tree. We chopped our way in and there was a dark blue childs sleeping bag, also a light blue blanket. This time I ran and got the sheriff that was standing around talking. He came over to the spot , would not go down into the swamp with me,and said , " oh I saw that months ago, it is from homeless people.The area had not been flagged off, nor would he flag it then. He then said again the baby was not in this area, he said kc was to smart to put the baby here! He said Ks was way to smart, said the baby was in a dump never would be found! I knew this spot had not been checked because we had to chop down a lot bushes to even go into the swamp to check it. No one had been there I was sure of because it would have been flagged. How can the baby ever be found with things like this happening. He made me sick braging about how smart this killer of this baby is. I don't believe anyone went back out to that area to even check the flags. This all makes me so sick the way the search is going.I know I misspelled a lot of words, once I started writting between the tears and trying to get it said I wanted to post.
Added: I worry about the childs sleeping bag, It may have nothing to do with baby C, but what aboyut the duket baby? What about other missing children, a childs sleeping bag in a swamp, something is just not right here.

Holy cow batman!!! These are the "smoking guns" the defense is going after. :no:

This case has completely bored me and has exemplified the media circus surrounding it. No doubt the murder trial will be just as crazy. I can only hope that leading psychologists and psyciatrists are studing this case from the view point to pin point the developments of sociopathy. I believe that Casey like Scott Peterson was raised in a way that helped develop her disturbed mind. The dynamics of how this family operate is very bizarre. Both George and Cindy did everything wrong when raising Casey. They were ill prepared in dealing with a problem child, but one has to wonder, did they help fester the demons inside her and push her to her breaking point? one has to wonder WHO really murdered Caylee; the inner relations of this disturbing family or Casey Anthony, who actually did the murdereous deed? And here we see what we have known all along, how the Anthony's deny, cover and placate Casey Anthony. It's as if Caylee never existed at all. I think both George and Cindy are just as sick as Casey is. My only hope in this case (although probably will never happen now) is that all the Anthony's including brother Lee be brought up on charges of aiding and falsifying statements to police.

I just finished reading this entire thread again. Sounds like the thread would provide excellent arguments that volunteer searchers support the fact that it's nearly impossible to 100% "clear" any search area ~ let alone one they've never been in!!! Thank you, catnron, for bumping this pertinent thread. moo.

I just finished reading this entire thread again. Sounds like the thread would provide excellent arguments that volunteer searchers support the fact that it's nearly impossible to 100% "clear" any search area ~ let alone one they've never been in!!! Thank you, catnron, for bumping this pertinent thread. moo.

Nope, but they at least give a chance to find something. Other then that, they are just doing their best.

Nope, but they at least give a chance to find something. Other then that, they are just doing their best.

I'm sorry if you thought I sounded critical of the searchers in any way. I am not at all and that was not my intention!! I was just trying to say that while some of the posts are critical it still helps SA's team as opposed to the defense. It demonstrates the fact that it is very possible to come within a couple feet of something and not see it. And even more impossible to miss something in a field that was never searched.

I think it is absurd to make any statement that an area is "cleared" in any way unless it is a concrete parking lot that is spotless. When I HEARD TM personally state that area was cleared I wanted to scream. I thought that was extremely unprofessional and premature. I'm afraid my gut reaction to that statement is exactly what the defense is hoping for in a juror. I adore TM, but I think this case was handled poorly in the media and by those in charge of the search, be it LE or TES.

I'm sorry if you thought I sounded critical of the searchers in any way. I am not at all and that was not my intention!! I was just trying to say that while some of the posts are critical it still helps SA's team as opposed to the defense. It demonstrates the fact that it is very possible to come within a couple feet of something and not see it. And even more impossible to miss something in a field that was never searched.

Me bad,I wasn't meaning to make it seem like you were.

I totally agree. That was actually a sigh thought. Those folks are just doing their best, and that is really all that can be expected. They at least gave it a shot to find something in the sections they searched. If they hadn't tried, then there would have been no possiblity. And that is ALL it really means.

It's an attempt. And when the defense gets through, it's going to sound like folks shouldn't even try. And that kinda makes me sad. So it was a sigh of a thought that is running through my mind.

However, I understand why JB would bring it up. Some of it, it really is his job to check into, etc.

I vote no
I was one of the searchers in group 2 for a place off Goldenrod, there was thich wood and a swamp area. First I thought we were suppose to have flags to flag off if we found something, not so. Our group leader did not even have flags. I first found a clorox plastic bottle that had been there a little while, it was fadded a little. I remembered KC had bought clorox at one of the stores, also remember GA saying KC car had Arm-n hammer in it. I called for anyone to come check out the clorox, no one had flags. Finally we got a flag to flag it, but how could anyone see it because it was in the woods? So my sister and I went to the other side of the area which was a swamp area with lots of elephant ears very overgrown, I was positive the area had not been searched. I could see a spot of something blue down in the swamp area at a tree. We chopped our way in and there was a dark blue childs sleeping bag, also a light blue blanket. This time I ran and got the sheriff that was standing around talking. He came over to the spot , would not go down into the swamp with me,and said , " oh I saw that months ago, it is from homeless people.The area had not been flagged off, nor would he flag it then. He then said again the baby was not in this area, he said kc was to smart to put the baby here! He said Ks was way to smart, said the baby was in a dump never would be found! I knew this spot had not been checked because we had to chop down a lot bushes to even go into the swamp to check it. No one had been there I was sure of because it would have been flagged. How can the baby ever be found with things like this happening. He made me sick braging about how smart this killer of this baby is. I don't believe anyone went back out to that area to even check the flags. This all makes me so sick the way the search is going.I know I misspelled a lot of words, once I started writting between the tears and trying to get it said I wanted to post.
Added: I worry about the childs sleeping bag, It may have nothing to do with baby C, but what aboyut the duket baby? What about other missing children, a childs sleeping bag in a swamp, something is just not right here.

So maybe it would have been a good idea for the defense to interview all the searchers. If they had experiences like yours, it would prove to the jury that too many errors prevented finding the baby earlier.

So maybe it would have been a good idea for the defense to interview all the searchers. If they had experiences like yours, it would prove to the jury that too many errors prevented finding the baby earlier.

I don't think so. They can prove they planned on searching that area. And they can prove why the did not search that area. They were only in Orlando for limited times.

It would only matter if they had actually got to search in there. Then this sort of info might help to say what a shotty job the searchers did. Or how the police responded to stuff found, etc.

Other then that, it's info that TM needs to know, so he can improve TES efforts.

Searches are made with the best of intentions. Unfortunately, they don't always meet with successful result. I didn't like much about what we were hearing at the time (still don't) but I never doubted that those who were organizing and participating were doing their best under the circumstances. Keep in mind, that many of the "key" areas were assumed based on the idea that KC had a minimum of intelligence. Something that we now know is questionable.

MOO

GRACE: Natisha Lance is joining us in Orlando. She was at the search all weekend.

Tell me about the search, Natisha.

NATISHA LANCE, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Well, they were able to clear 23 of these 132 areas that Mark Williams was talking about and they were searching that 200-square-mile once again, Nancy. They were searching Moss Park, J. Blanchard Park, wooded areas near the Anthony home as well as wooded areas near the Orlando airport.

Now, today they covered another, smaller area, which was the Econ trail, which is near Highway 417. And once again, like Mark Williams was saying, members of EquuSearch will be going on to North Carolina but they are still planning to come back and continue the search for Caylee.

GRACE: To Kathi Belich with WFTV -- Kathi, this is a very long and exhaustive search. What do you believe is the next step?

ok here is what i was looking for. So how can all be cleared if 23 of 132 were all they were able to do?
Here is the link for those who would like to read all of it.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0811/10/ng.01.html

Respectfully bolded by me. I imagine it's transcripts like this one that the defense will be looking for. Not accurate according to TM ~ but adds just enough confusion to delight the defense. :rolleyes:

Respectfully bolded by me. I imagine it's transcripts like this one that the defense will be looking for. Not accurate according to TM ~ but adds just enough confusion to delight the defense. :rolleyes:

I noticed that too "wooded areas near..." statement. But I also remember the school area had enough water that TES explained that if they went in there with equipment that it would disturb a body and disrupt evidence that may be already there. They had to skip some areas iirc.

I can't help but wonder if something happened/was discovered that Sunday morning in Nov. 2008 that changed the course of the investigation as far as LE was concerned but that has not been revealed to us. There must be an explanation and we will know it one day.

There seems as if the different organizations had to ultimately take orders from LE and could not do what they wanted when they wanted.

If anyone should write a book one day, I would like it to be TM. I know he would use the proceeds toward future searches. Plus I would like him to profit personally too as I believe he operates for the right reasons and deserves a little comfort in his life eventually. Peace.

BBM
EU, yes I agree, it is very possible to come within a few feet of something and not see it in the kind of area where Caylee was placed, especially during the months of heavy rain and fast growth of the vegetation.

I have the same kind of swampy wooded area across the street from my home, I bike or walk along it almost every day and I can say for certain that I would not be able to see anything beyond the first line of trees, brush etc and we have not had any significant amount of rain lately yet the area has standing water...IMO you would truly have to walk into the wooded swampy area and practically fall over something or poke at it to find it...That's why a part of me does not truly believe that Caylee would have been seen from the road

:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member