15 People who help make America great

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Toby said:
I should be so miserable.:p

I don't think A & B need to choose a child from the US? I don't even follow the logic.A child is a child is a child.

JBean said:
I should be so miserable.:p

I don't think A & B need to choose a child from the US? I don't even follow the logic.A child is a child is a child.
I'm with you, I don't follow the logic of that reasoning either, if you save a child from poverty and death what does it matter where they come from? Like you said, A child is a child is a child.

Toby said:
Whoa... I am not a Brad and AJ fan, but I certainly don't think their kids are destined to be miserable. Just because a child is adopted doesn't mean their lives will be miserable. I am struggling to understand your though process here. Could you please clarify why you think this?

We do need to adopt a global view as well as help people in our own country. We don't realize that when we help a country develop and eradicate a disease, for instance, it eventually helps our entire world political and economical system. Everyone becomes more prosperous.

But there have been studies that show that children in some countries, like Mexico and India, especially, are somewhat happier than American children. Materially wealth is not what makes people happy necessarily; strong family sysems and rewarding culture do. In India they are so crowded, yet alot work hard, have strong families, pursue knowledge and are generally happy.

bykerladi said:
AMEN! Plus, if she's so intent on saving a baby from misery and poverty, there are plenty of suffering children here in the US. WHITE babies are in high demand. Black and latino babies are NOT. I'm sure there are PLENTY of non-white babies available for her to adopt. Try Camden, NJ - I know for a FACT that there is an influx of unwanted babies and no foster homes to put them in.
What you stated above was the same thought process I used to suggest they adopt an older child in America. They might set an example for other adults to help the older children stuck in the vicious foster care system. There are children here that are in need, but my opinion is just what it is. I don't think they're doing anything wrong by saving the kids who are in desperate need in other countries.

I completely disagree with the poster who suggests that these children will be in misery whether adopted by Jolie and Pitt, or staying in the brutal, miserable conditions they got them from. I'd like to know the reasons the poster thinks these children would be miserable with Pitt/Jolie.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are planning to adopt an older male child to add to their growing family, according to media reports.

A source tells Us Weekly the couple plan to "adopt an (older) child to support the idea that people should adopt more children, not just babies."

http://www.hollywood.com/news/detail/id/3526184

eve said:
:clap: I think Brad and Angie can do whatever they want but when it comes to making America great, there's no WAY I think Brad should be in the top 15. Give me a break. They are getting tons of press in the mags and tabs, yes, but there are tons of people doing things here in our country to make America great. People are interested in B and A because of their celebrity foremost, in my opinion,not to mention their love affair and the breakup of Brad and Jen. People admire them for their philanthropic work, sure, but many celebs do philanthropic things and not all get, or want, press for it. I think the true heroes are the unsung ones.

Eve
Great post Eve. I agree with you!!! :)

Marthatex said:
We do need to adopt a global view as well as help people in our own country. We don't realize that when we help a country develop and eradicate a disease, for instance, it eventually helps our entire world political and economical system. Everyone becomes more prosperous.

But there have been studies that show that children in some countries, like Mexico and India, especially, are somewhat happier than American children. Materially wealth is not what makes people happy necessarily; strong family sysems and rewarding culture do. In India they are so crowded, yet alot work hard, have strong families, pursue knowledge and are generally happy.
Exactly Martha.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member