16 July 2013 status conference discussion thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that the judge and defense are stalling for time in the hopes that things will cool down for a new jury selection. This judge has been a disappointment since day 1.

I was wondering if the hold up for defense is the fact that they do not want to use AV and RS in the next phase of the trial and want JA to be reevaluated by another psychologist. Should not be a problem because she has already been found guilty. They just have to argue should she be put to death because of the psychologist's findings. That should not take 5 months IMO.
Maybe the delay is trying to find a single soul to testify in JA's behalf? World wide tour still not turning anyone up. lol

This Judge is too soft but she really is better than a Florida Judge (cough, cough) who recently presided over a trial. I had the misfortune of seeing her in all her biased and arrogant glory.

This Judge is much, much better.... ;)

Jangalang got to take a field trip.

Wanted: crafty person to photoshop in JA's face with bun and umbrella bangs:

5619764_std.jpg

http://content6.flixster.com/question/56/19/76/5619764_std.jpg

OR:

tn-500_02.jpg

http://images.broadwayworld.com/upload/23134/tn-500_02.jpg

TIA :giggle:

Not one, but two status conferences have produced exactly zero results. A third in August.

I swear we're all being punk'd. :facepalm:

Why couldn't the defense get a new psychologist to evaluate Jodi in the next week or two? By the end of next week, they could have witnesses like Darryl and Patti ready to testify. I think the whole reason Jodi's mom didn't testify is because she would have to talk about Jodi growing marijuana, hitting and kicking her mother (basically treating her mother like trash), kicking the dog, etc. Jodi left her parents' house at age 17 and never lived with them again. There's nothing good either parent can say about her IF THEY TELL THE TRUTH.

I believe that the judge and defense are stalling for time in the hopes that things will cool down for a new jury selection. This judge has been a disappointment since day 1.

I respectfully disagree. She is giving them what they are allowed by law and protecting the case. She needs to make sure they can not ever argue, that she did not give them the right opportunity to defend their client.

After watching Judge Nelson in her whip through case, I think that had GZ been found guilty she left many many appeal issues open.

Where as JSS,has not.. She really is fair.

I still cannot digest what JA did. Isn't it almost unthinkable? How does a human being have the *whatever it is* to be able to physically stab someone so many times and almost behead someone? Almost 30 whole stab wounds. I can't believe it. It's so difficult to even pray (for us religious folk) for someone like this although it's people like her who need the most prayers. I just don't know how she could do something like that.
Calling it barbaric is putting it mildly.

Agreed!

If Travis' murder was not especially cruel, I don't know what is - it would fit the definition even if it were a crime of passion BUT it was not, it was heavily premeditated. If she just wanted Travis dead she could have put the gun to the back of his head in the shower and gotten it over with in one shot (sorry to be graphic) but she made him die slowly and painfully and he knew what was happening to him. It was the epitome of cruel.

I respectfully disagree. She is giving them what they are allowed by law and protecting the case. She needs to make sure they can not ever argue, that she did not give them the right opportunity to defend their client.

After watching Judge Nelson in her whip through case, I think that had GZ been found guilty she left many many appeal issues open.

Yes. Watching that Judge was almost traumatic. It's a terrible thing for a Judge to be biased against the defendant.

Our Judge is bending over backwards to give Arias a fair trial. The waiting is a pain but my main concern is Travis' family. I hope they have the strength to wait...

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 9m
Attorneys and defendant #JodiArias just walked into courtroom. Judge is on the bench.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 7m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is reluctant to set a firm trial date at this time. Set another pretrial conf for August 26th at 8:30.

MC Superior Court ‏@courtpio 6m
Judge Sherry Stephens said she is still hoping for a September trial date in #JodiArias

:wagon: :welcome4:

Hmmmmm...... So Jodi had her hair in a bun .....
Guessing the Locks of Love crew has not visited the jail lately.
I wish they would just get on with it already and let the Alexander
Family try to move on to the next chapter
Of their lives..... So unfair to the Alexanders!

You're probably right Scarlett~

Maybe Jodi can bring in all the people in jail that she has taught to read and taught Spanish. She can have the jailers testify about the recycling project she has started and give updates about her book club.

Until I saw it mentioned above, I forgot about all her Locks of Love donations. Maybe she'll have hair that comes just below her ears when she is back on August 26.

Hi Honeys!!!

So the status hearing that was scheduled at the last status hearing concluded with no status being established on the status...and in a month there will be another status hearing?

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

7/16/2013 10:30 Oral Argument
7/18/2013 8:30 Oral Argument
7/18/2013 10:00 Trial
8/26/2013 8:30 Complex / Capital Case

I completely agree, I think she's been great. Not biased against any one side and she's giving the defendant more than a fair shot which definitely leaves VERY little chance that this verdict and sentence, if death, will ever be turned over on appeal.

This beyond frustrating. I don't know how we all made it through this day after day for five months. Today lasted less than an hour, and even though we've had a weeks-long break, it gave me heartburn. Ugh.

I do agree with yall about that last Florida judge though(shudder)
Whatever it takes to get this done correctly we will just have to
Deal with..... I still feel for the family though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass