17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to go to bed too, but I can't. I am waiting for my grandaughter to get home. She might be 22 but she and I know the dangers out there and I sit here every night waiting until she's home safe.

OK George was arrested by this article in 2005. Which made Zimmerman approx. 22.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223

Parents moved here in approx 2001 or 2002, which would have made George Zimmerman 17 or 18.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loc...zimmerman-grew-up-in-northern-virginia-032112

So Zimmerman was not a minor when he was arrested, which makes me wonder how his record was expunged? Did his father call the States Attorney Wolfinger and make it go away? Is this where the conflict of interest came in?

expunge [ɪkˈspʌndʒ]vb (tr)1. to delete or erase; blot out; obliterate
2. to wipe out or destroy[from Latin expungere to blot out, from pungere to prick]

There is no wrongdoing in asking an obvious stalker why they are following you.

TM likely had no time to make phone calls. First he was trying to run from the weird stalker guy. Then he may have tried to hide for safety. Remember he was on the phone with his gf, so he could speak very quietly or not at all while trying to stay safe. Not so with 911; he would have had to talk loud and clear, been able to think clearly to give specific information while his heart was probably pounding out of his chest. In walking through in my mind's eye what Trayvon was experiencing, there is no way I could fault him for not calling 911. And we are talking about a flash of time from the time he knew Zimmerman had actually stalked him to the back walkway home until he was dead on the ground.

In all likelihood, the gf heard from Trayvon himself that he was being followed while out walking in the neighborhood. Who would make the gigantic leap that he could possibly be shot dead for doing nothing but walking in the neighborhood? I can't even fathom that. Most kids their age would probably think that it was just a strange creeper, sexual pervert, or someone who was going to ask for money or try to buy/sell drugs. Who would even begin to imagine a weirdo creeper would pull a gun and shoot you dead? And to expect her to call 911 is an enormous stretch, even worse than GZ's nuisance calls. Can you imagine: : "hello 911, please send someone quick, I "think" someone "might" have just shoved my boyfriend, he hung up on me". I really don't think that's going to the top of the priority list. And, sadly, we know that wouldn't have saved Trayvon's life anyway because he was dead only a few moments later.

In either case, neither of these two should ever have needed to call 911, and they are certainly not at fault for Zimmerman's actions. LE responding to Zimmerman's EARLIER 911 call did not arrive until after Trayvon was already dead. :(

I was taught never to go near anyone who was following me, we did not have 911 or cell phone then.My kids were taught by me and school to never go near someone following you, get to a phone and call 911.Now the school is teaching my grandson who is 6 the same thing.My
10yr old same thing and she carries a cell phone.IMO It bothers me neither did. I know it most likely would not have changed the outcome but IMO that is something we will never know because a call was not made.IMO That is why 911 is here for us IMO.

This might help:

DIAGNOSTIC: George Zimmerman Clearly says "****ing Coons" Before Killing Trayvon Martin - YouTube

Listen real closely, Even though the title of the video says he said the C word.

and read some of the comments below.

I never did hear any of this before. Sounds to me, thanks to that audio, that he said F'ing C***ns. To be honest though, I don't really care all that much. This is a guy who decided Treyvon was up to no good, on drugs, something seriously wrong with him, because he was a black kid wearing his hood in the rain.

I don't need to hear racist slang to know how he views the world.

I used the word "crime" due to the context of the conversation. Basically, someone was comparing this case to one in which a 19 year old black kid was approached by an officer who asked what he was doing before the kid shot the officer in the face. The poster stated that there was no outcry about that being a racial bias case. I was pointing out that in that case, the kid was the killer and was a criminal using a gun. In this case, the only crime committed by Trayvon was being black.

But as far as Trayvon being "suspicious", come on. He was acting like he was on drugs? He reached into his waistband? He was casing houses? Nonsense. Zimmerman knew exactly what to say to get the cops out there and to justify the possible use of his gun. Trayvon went to get candy and tea and then go home. He was only "suspicious" because he was a young black man walking around at night. Everything in that call to the police sounded so blatantly contrived and illogical, just like the stories that a scared young kid hid and then jumped a retreating Zimmerman, or confronted him saying, "What's up homie?" Or, wildly smashed a larger man's head into the concrete over and over again, or grappled for the gun while saying, "you're gonna' die", or dramatically grabbed his chest and stated, "You got me!" as he fell back after being shot.

Zimmerman's a good little story-teller. I think his stories sound silly and unreal but apparently they have served him well in the past and people believe him as they have gotten him out of trouble numerous times. No wonder he continues to tell stories. IMO.

I know.....I keep thinking about what GZ's brother said about GZ being the "more honest of the two". What does that say about Robert???? lol

What kind of a response would LE have given to GZ had he been honest when he called 911. There's this young kid who is wearing a hoodie and he has something in his hand like a phone and he's acting funny, you know like talking to himself and he appears to be black. Dispatcher: what is he doing that is suspicious? GZ: He's just walking in the rain. Disp: What else? GZ: That's it, just walking with his hood up.

Does anyone think a patrol car would have shown up? Would GZ still have gone after him? Bet the answer is no because he knew TM was probably doing nothing wrong. jmo

I was taught never to go near anyone who was following me, we did not have 911 or cell phone then.My kids were taught by me and school to never go near someone following you, get to a phone and call 911.Now the school is teaching my grandson who is 6 the same thing.My
10yr old same thing and she carries a cell phone.IMO It bothers me neither did. I know it must likely would not have changed the outcome but IMO that is something we will never know because a call was not made.IMO That is why 911 is here for us IMO.

Personally, I would probably not confront someone following me but then again it would depend on the situation. Would not of wanted to lead a man who was following me back to a place with a younger boy.

I never did hear any of this before. Sounds to me, thanks to that audio, that he said F'ing C***ns. To be honest though, I don't really care all that much. This is a guy who decided Treyvon was up to no good, on drugs, something seriously wrong with him, because he was a black kid wearing his hood in the rain.

Chris, his name is Trayvon.

OK George was arrested by this article in 2005. Which made Zimmerman approx. 22.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...ard-aggressive-ex-co-worker-article-1.1053223

Parents moved here in approx 2001 or 2002, which would have made George Zimmerman 17 or 18.
http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/loc...zimmerman-grew-up-in-northern-virginia-032112

So Zimmerman was not a minor when he was arrested, which makes me wonder how his record was expunged? Did his father call the States Attorney Wolfinger and make it go away? Is this where the conflict of interest came in?

expunge [ɪkˈspʌndʒ]vb (tr)1. to delete or erase; blot out; obliterate
2. to wipe out or destroy[from Latin expungere to blot out, from pungere to prick]

One legal "expert" explained it this way....the record was not expunged or we wouldn't know about it. What happened was he was charged with a felony and by completing the anger management course it dropped it to a misdemeanor....so technically the felony charge was "expunged" but it still shows up as a charge for the misdemeanor level....

Not sure what you mean by "crime". GZ wasn't accusing him of a crime. He said he was acting suspicious. He also didn't realize Trayvon was black when he picked up the phone to call 911. It was dark, raining, and Trayvon had his hoodie on - all Zimmerman could see was someone walking through a courtyard instead of a sidewalk, appearing to be on drugs and looking around at the houses. Why wouldn't he call <modsnip>

BBM

How do you know this?

You can hardly hear it on the original tape. Then people are enhancing the tape but as a result the tape is being manipulated. So who knows what he said.

Interestingly, it was the enhancement that changed my mind about Zimmerman using a racial epithet.

expunge [&#618;k&#712;sp&#652;nd&#658;]vb (tr)1. to delete or erase; blot out; obliterate

His record was not expunged (IIRC), his charges were dismissed after he underwent a diversion program.

JMO Just like Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so is someone acting Suspicious JMO.
As much as I hate to leave I need sleep.Night all.

I know.....I keep thinking about what GZ's brother said about GZ being the "more honest of the two". What does that say about Robert???? lol

What kind of a response would LE have given to GZ had he been honest when he called 911. There's this young kid who is wearing a hoodie and he has something in his hand like a phone and he's acting funny, you know like talking to himself and he appears to be black. Dispatcher: what is he doing that is suspicious? GZ: He's just walking in the rain. Disp: What else? GZ: That's it, just walking with his hood up.

Does anyone think a patrol car would have shown up? Would GZ still have gone after him? Bet the answer is no because he knew TM was probably doing nothing wrong. jmo

GZ was soooooooo sure Trayvon was up to no good...the tone of his voice...I've heard it so many times it's like a famous movie. "he's on drugs or something", "he's up to no good"..."these *advertiser censored**holes always get away". He had the situation so sussed. But he was wrong -- dead wrong.

I took a break from this case over the weekend, so I'm not sure if this article got posted today or not, but this was in my local newspaper today:
2 forensic experts say it's not George Zimmerman crying out for help in 911 call
Orlando Sentinel Posted: 04/01/2012 06:00:52 PM PDT
Updated: 04/01/2012 08:55:22 PM PDT
ORLANDO, Fla. -- As the Trayvon Martin controversy splinters into a debate about self-defense, a central question remains: Who was heard crying for help on a 911 call in the moments before the teenager was shot?
An expert in the field of forensic voice identification sought to answer that question by analyzing the recordings for the Orlando Sentinel.
His result: It was not George Zimmerman who called for help.
<snip>
Not all experts rely on biometrics. Ed Primeau, a Michigan-based audio engineer and forensics expert, does not support the technology's use in courtrooms.
He relies instead on audio enhancement and human analysis based on forensic experience. After listening closely to the 911 tape on which the screams are heard, Primeau also has a strong opinion.
"I believe that's Trayvon Martin in the background, without a doubt," Primeau saids, stressing that the tone of the voice is a giveaway. "That's a young man screaming."

more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/nat...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

Has it been discussed how long GZ has had his gun and permit? I'm wondering if he had it when he made all the other calls to the police? Or if it's relatively new and he was itching to use it? Not necessarily with the intent to purposefully shoot someone, but to intimidate and act like the <modsnip> cop.

I used the word "crime" due to the context of the conversation. Basically, someone was comparing this case to one in which a 19 year old black kid was approached by an officer who asked what he was doing before the kid shot the officer in the face. The poster stated that there was no outcry about that being a racial bias case. I was pointing out that in that case, the kid was the killer and was a criminal using a gun. In this case, the only crime committed by Trayvon was being black.

But as far as Trayvon being "suspicious", come on. He was acting like he was on drugs? He reached into his waistband? He was casing houses? Nonsense. Zimmerman knew exactly what to say to get the cops out there and to justify the possible use of his gun. Trayvon went to get candy and tea and then go home. He was only "suspicious" because he was a young black man walking around at night. Everything in that call to the police sounded so blatantly contrived and illogical, just like the stories that a scared young kid hid and then jumped a retreating Zimmerman, or confronted him saying, "What's up homie?" Or, wildly smashed a larger man's head into the concrete over and over again, or grappled for the gun while saying, "you're gonna' die", or dramatically grabbed his chest and stated, "You got me!" as he fell back after being shot.

Zimmerman's a good little story-teller. I think his stories sound silly and unreal but apparently they have served him well in the past and people believe him as they have gotten him out of trouble numerous times. No wonder he continues to tell stories. IMO.

:goodpost:

I took a break from this case over the weekend, so I'm not sure if this article got posted today or not, but this was in my local newspaper today:
2 forensic experts say it's not George Zimmerman crying out for help in 911 call
Orlando Sentinel Posted: 04/01/2012 06:00:52 PM PDT
Updated: 04/01/2012 08:55:22 PM PDT
ORLANDO, Fla. -- As the Trayvon Martin controversy splinters into a debate about self-defense, a central question remains: Who was heard crying for help on a 911 call in the moments before the teenager was shot?
An expert in the field of forensic voice identification sought to answer that question by analyzing the recordings for the Orlando Sentinel.
His result: It was not George Zimmerman who called for help.
<snip>
Not all experts rely on biometrics. Ed Primeau, a Michigan-based audio engineer and forensics expert, does not support the technology's use in courtrooms.
He relies instead on audio enhancement and human analysis based on forensic experience. After listening closely to the 911 tape on which the screams are heard, Primeau also has a strong opinion.
"I believe that's Trayvon Martin in the background, without a doubt," Primeau saids, stressing that the tone of the voice is a giveaway. "That's a young man screaming."

more at link: http://www.contracostatimes.com/nat...contracostatimes.com-www.contracostatimes.com

Came out Saturday night. And guess what. The pro-Trayvon people think it makes sense and the pro-Zimmerman people think it doesn't.

I totally agree. But it makes a difference to the Feds as to whether it can be considered a hate crime or not.

Has it been discussed how long GZ has had his gun and permit? I'm wondering if he had it when he made all the other calls to the police? Or if it's relatively new and he was itching to use it? Not necessarily with the intent to purposefully shoot someone, but to intimidate and act like the <modsnip> cop.

Same question I've had. In one of the 911 calls, GZ reports two black men looking suspicious and tells the operator he's not going near them! Probably didn't have his gun for protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mkmatti