17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #17

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting where FT lives compared to GZ. Do you suppose FT might have seen TM first and called GZ??? That would be on the phone records. Funny, too, how George's father talks about his son was on the phone with the sister right before he left to go to the store and how he always shops on Sunday. Not sure this is a Super-Target but regular Targets just have a few food items but not where you would want to shop for a weeks worth of food. jmo
It's a Super Target. It's located very nearby in the Marketplace at Seminole Towne Center, 1201 WP Ball Blvd at Towne Center Blvd. Sunday hours are 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. It has FluShot, Pharmacy, Photo Center, Fresh Grocery, Wine Available, Starbucks, Optical and George goes grocery shopping every Sunday night at that time. (According to his father, Robert, Sr.)

When I have called non emergency numbers, generally after hours I have gotten a recording telling me to call 911, or someone who neither identified themselves as a cop or otherwise, simply told me to call 911. And these were clearly non emergency situations, just waned a cop to drive thru thru the neidghborhood a couple of times that night due to teens gathering and becoming a nuisance but no impending danger. Policy must say they have to have you call into the 911 recorded line and dispatch so all calls are handled the same here.

Here the non-emergency number is manned 24/7 but is not in the same system as the 911 calls. The calls are recorded and caller ID'd but the operators are not the same ones that answer 911 calls. If they have to send a unit, they have to switch to another line to talk to dispatch.

I've never had them tell me to call 911 when I used that number, even then time I thought I was hearing pistol shots in the woods at the bottom of the hill.

I guess each area has different protocols. :seeya:

Can someone please provide a link that TM's phone has been located?

TIA

Sent from LG Esteem using Tapatalk

I don't think we have heard from the Martins lately, have we. I know the Z's, FT, JO and Z's attorneys have all been on TV nightly discussing this case. We all agree, I think, that they all need to stop talking on GZ's side because they seem to be doing more harm than good. I can't believe George is agreeing to some of the things his father is saying. jmo

I think they have every right in the world to speak out - do they need to discuss specific details? I don't think so - I'd rather hear the results of the investigation. But to say they all need to stop talking on GZ's side is saying only one side needs to be heard from. IMO

I don't think Crump expected anyone to speak out and call them on their rhetoric <modsnip>. Their ace in the hole is not looking so good anymore. IMO

I have a feeling Zimmerman may have been receiving free or reduced rent in exchange for being the neighborhood "captain". I supervised a property once that formed their own HOA - it was a deal much like this one - sounded good on paper but never really worked out. They sold about 1/3 of the condos and ended up having to hire a management company to lease out the rest. The HOA has to be formed for the owners- the homeowners pay dues for the amenities on the property and upkeep - the management company actually takes care of the amenities, but the HOA has to justify collecting dues, so they have to provide viable proof of where their dues are being spent - enter, security.

They hire courtesy patrol or form a neighborhood watch. This is why a newsletter told residents to call GZ. One of his duties is to keep an eye on the pool and the clubhouse. Non-residents and drunk visitors without a vested interest in the amenities could care less if they destroy them. One broken beer bottle in a pool could cost thousands in repairs and much more if someone is hurt by the broken glass. We used to replace a pool light every other week on one of my properties because the residents from the apartments next door liked to make whoopi at night in the dark - pool gets shut down, wires repaired, inspection, pool light is put back in by an electrician, and we would do it all over again in two weeks. My point is, seeing people who don't belong in a pool area might sound silly, but it's not - not if you're paying for damages. Every time it happened I would be livid with the courtesy officer because he never caught the culprits.

Side note - we fixed the pool light problem with a bungee cord rigged inside the mechanism to keep it from being pulled off - $1.29.

LOL, Slick fix on the pool light.

FWIW, the unit that Zimmerman lived in is individually owned. I scanned over all of the units ownership roster and there are 2 or 3 owned by Lennar Homes who was probably the original developer, IDK, but Zimmerman's is not one of those. They could be possibly subsidizing his rent out of the HOA dues, but that would be unusual at least for the community that I presently live in.

The girlfriend was abreast of the timing of this 911 call prior to releasing her statement to the PRESS - her version of the phone call. The 911 calls were released on March 16, her story was aired on ABC as an exclusive on March 20.

If you have your ear buds on and your phone in your pocket, which is where, IIRC, Trayvon's phone was found, and the ear buds come out, the phone does not disconnect -there's now way. The mic to the head phone is on the cord, it's either hanging now and she's hearing the immediate and loud altercation, or the buds have been yanked from the phone - at which point I might believe she stopped hearing them, but if someone can hear the screams from inside their home, and we can hear the screams on the call they make to 911, she can hear on the phone in his pocket. I think that's why she was so traumatized she went into the hospital. She was at his funeral - she saw the family suffering, why not come forward then?

Something, IMO, stinks to high heaven about the g/f's call. The only purpose I see it serving is to make it sound like Trayvon was scared and running for his life from this strange man. What IF, what Trayvon was really saying, being a kid wanting to impress his g/f, "I'm going to pop this guy". That would have sounded so much more brave than acting like a scared kid. He thinks it's just going to be a matter of acting tough, showing off....didn't factor in a gun. JMO

We don't know when the g/f spoke to the police though. Remember that TM has been dead for almost a month with this story hit the media. So, if the g/f stated this to the police before it was in the press then there should not be an issue. Also, didn't the g/f call 911 to report someone stalking TM (this supposedly happened before the shooting) and they transferred her to Seminole County or something like that? (I'm assuming she's calling from Miami). So, this falls in line with him being scared. I think it's very believable that being followed by a stranger in a strange place is a scary thing. I'm an adult and it would scare the life out of my. Why is it unbelievable that he wasn't scared?

Who all has seen this and has it been mentioned earlier in the threads?

The latest enhanced recording done by CNN has cast doubts whether a racial slur was ever said... <modsnip>

Can someone please provide a link that TM's phone has been located?

TIA

I've never seen anything saying his cell phone was lost - ?

Who all has seen this and has it been mentioned earlier in the threads?

The latest enhanced recording done by CNN has cast doubts whether a racial slur was ever said... <modsnip>

Oh yeah :) It's been discussed off and on all day.

I have a feeling Zimmerman may have been receiving free or reduced rent in exchange for being the neighborhood "captain". I supervised a property once that formed their own HOA - it was a deal much like this one - sounded good on paper but never really worked out. They sold about 1/3 of the condos and ended up having to hire a management company to lease out the rest. The HOA has to be formed for the owners- the homeowners pay dues for the amenities on the property and upkeep - the management company actually takes care of the amenities, but the HOA has to justify collecting dues, so they have to provide viable proof of where their dues are being spent - enter, security.

They hire courtesy patrol or form a neighborhood watch. This is why a newsletter told residents to call GZ. One of his duties is to keep an eye on the pool and the clubhouse. Non-residents and drunk visitors without a vested interest in the amenities could care less if they destroy them. One broken beer bottle in a pool could cost thousands in repairs and much more if someone is hurt by the broken glass. We used to replace a pool light every other week on one of my properties because the residents from the apartments next door liked to make whoopi at night in the dark - pool gets shut down, wires repaired, inspection, pool light is put back in by an electrician, and we would do it all over again in two weeks. My point is, seeing people who don't belong in a pool area might sound silly, but it's not - not if you're paying for damages. Every time it happened I would be livid with the courtesy officer because he never caught the culprits.

Side note - we fixed the pool light problem with a bungee cord rigged inside the mechanism to keep it from being pulled off - $1.29.

If that were true there would be a contract stating he can't carry a gun. Half the owners do not live there I doubt if they had an agreement with GZ. It sounds like insurance is a big issue in this community. HOA's tend to be very structured and their agreements are usually drawn up by attorney's. Isn't GZ's condo owned by the bank??? As a leasee GZ's is not part of the HOA. Asking someone to do that would required them to be bonded. And LE stated that GZ was just listed as a contact person for administrative issues, getting meetings together, getting questions answered. Patrolling is not part of the NWP. They are just suppose to watch and report.

I would think if this were true we would have heard that by now, in particular from Mr. Taaffe. jmo

Well, that is true. Even considering he was just a kid, GZ had already decided he was up to no good with no proof whatsoever. Why would GZ think TM was a burglar when he was walking? How can you burglarize a home when you have nothing to cart it away with? jmo

I was thinking that just the other night. How can a burglar come unequipped? He is walking around and he is attempting to burglarize the place? But then again he may have been casing the neighborhood (according to GZ).

We don't know when the g/f spoke to the police though. Remember that TM has been dead for almost a month with this story hit the media. So, if the g/f stated this to the police before it was in the press then there should not be an issue. Also, didn't the g/f call 911 to report someone stalking TM (this supposedly happened before the shooting) and they transferred her to Seminole County or something like that? (I'm assuming she's calling from Miami). So, this falls in line with him being scared. I think it's very believable that being followed by a stranger in a strange place is a scary thing. I'm an adult and it would scare the life out of my. Why is it unbelievable that he wasn't scared?

BEM: I would love to read this, I've not heard anything remotely close. Do you remember where you read or heard it? I don't know how it would fit into the timeline - not a lot of wiggle room, of course it's always possible she called from a land line.

Last I heard, the family didn't have it, and the PD says they don't...

No links, so JMHO

ETA...TM's phone

Interesting where FT lives compared to GZ. Do you suppose FT might have seen TM first and called GZ??? That would be on the phone records. Funny, too, how George's father talks about his son was on the phone with the sister right before he left to go to the store and how he always shops on Sunday. Not sure this is a Super-Target but regular Targets just have a few food items but not where you would want to shop for a weeks worth of food. jmo

There is a super target with a big grocery store in it. This is actually the biggest grocery around there besides Sam's.
JMO

LOL, Slick fix on the pool light.

FWIW, the unit that Zimmerman lived in is individually owned. I scanned over all of the units ownership roster and there are 2 or 3 owned by Lennar Homes who was probably the original developer, IDK, but Zimmerman's is not one of those. They could be possibly subsidizing his rent out of the HOA dues, but that would be unusual at least for the community that I presently live in.

Plus I don't think their insurance would permit it. We have two guard shacks, one is open 24 hours and none of the guards wear a gun. The insurance would go through the roof. No one wants that. jmo

I think they have every right in the world to speak out - do they need to discuss specific details? I don't think so - I'd rather hear the results of the investigation. But to say they all need to stop talking on GZ's side is saying only one side needs to be heard from. IMO

I don't think Crump expected anyone to speak out and call them on their rhetoric <modsnip>. Their ace in the hole is not looking so good anymore. IMO

Of course the Martin's need to discuss specific details, just as the Zimmerman's are. <modsnip>

Please understand that I'm not trying to argue the point with you, but since you made reference to a huge difference in sequence, that's precisely what it did.

Take your version of his continuing out the same sidewalk he was on all the way to the end as today's statement from RZ says. He then says he heads back towards his truck when jumped by TM at the point the other sidewalk meets the one GZ was walking on.

That TOTAL distance you're thinking he walked is only 313 feet. At avg walking speeds he would have covered the distance in 1:11. There's no way that could be factual because that would put him being attacked before he was ever asked for an address by the dispatcher AND almost a minute BEFORE the 911 call ended.

I agree there is a huge difference in sequence between these story lines and this one is extremely problematic for their credibility.

I'm at the point I don't think GZ followed during his call to SPD. When I was listening to his call, shortly after the dispatcher said, "Alright sir what is your name?" and GZ answers, "George…He ran." I stopped hearing the wind noises and didn't hear them again during the call. The only odd background noises I heard after that point were the odd clicking noises that could be the dispatcher typing, some sort of safety catch or some other noise we haven't figured out.

Lamb Chop came up with a possibility - what if GZ drove around that block in his car, trying to spot TM between the buildings? If TM had headed straight back to his soon to be step mother's townhouse, but as he neared the end of the block, he sees the weird guy who had spooked him before, TM could have doubled back down the middle of the block.

GZ could have seen TM turn and driven down the other side of the block to cut off TM again. If it was then that GZ parks, and runs out to stop this "punk" (or what ever insulting work GZ actually said), this would fit your timeline that had TM home safe.

This scenario seems to have some possibilities. Do we know where GZ's car was parked when LE arrived and what direction it was pointed?

IMO, JOM, etc. With input from Concerned Papa and Lamb Chop, of course.

On one of his earlier interviews FT was arguing with the host or one of the other guests about the *advertiser censored**ing ???? phrase and insisted it was *advertiser censored**ing cold. FT said he KNEW that was what GZ said because he was there. When the host called him on it, FT backed up and said he was in the neighborhood that night, not with GZ.

But FT is so slimy, it made me wonder...

Even our regular Target does carry a pretty good selection of frozen dinners. I've never bought food there, but I walked through their food aisle just to see what they had. I guess if all you eat are boxed meals, you could do all your grocery shopping there. I never understood why our Target has any food - it's a half a block from one of the larger Publix in town. If I want food, I will go there and buy fresh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321