17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW JUST WOW.

The office of the State Attorney, 4th Judicial Circuit, State Attorney Angela Corey has requested that the City of Sanford remove all reports, videos and audio pertaining to the Martin/Zimmerman case from the website. Their office has provided legal justification for the action and they believe further access to the information will have an adverse effect on their efforts to come to a resolution to this investigation.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/index.html

What is the possible reason to retract these things after they have already been out in the public for several weeks?

If they wanted to keep this info under wraps they should have done this weeks ago. It is all over the internet now. This seems rather bumbling to me. jmo

What is the possible reason to retract these things after they have already been out in the public for several weeks?

To try to quell the appearance that that's the only thing going on in Sanford, IMHO. The rest of the website deals with Easter events, watering guidelines, etc.

Mr. Bonaparte's open letter to the public is VERY well written, IMHO, and perfectly lays out the city's position.

It's seeming clearer and clearer - to me - that Zimmerman will never be arrested and charged, and that that's the right decision.

And interesting that Bonaparte goes so far as to say that Tracy Martin "misconstrued" the conversation with LE where Martin states LE characterized Zimmerman as "squeaky clean". Hm. Pretty forceful.

I agree that is very powerful statement to make defending a police officers word against a grieving fathers word.

But Mr. Bonaparte fails to give a reasonable explanation why a cop would only be repeating a lie told to them by a homicide suspect to a grieving father and not tell him that was a lie and tell him the truth.

Nowhere in that statement does Mr. Bonaparte say the police officer told him the truth about Zimmerman's record. He just claims the officer said well Mr. Zimmerman told us he had a squeaky clean record. Now why in the world would the cop ever tell Mr. Martin that and not tell him it was a lie and Zimmerman did have a record.

Why was George Zimmerman labeled as “squeaky clean” when in fact he has
a prior arrest history?
In one of the initial meetings with the father of the victim the investigator related to
him the account that Mr. Zimmerman provided of the incident. At that time the
investigator said that Mr. Zimmerman portrayed himself to be “squeaky clean”. We
are aware of the background information regarding both individuals involved in this
event. We believe Mr. Martin may have misconstrued this information.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

“In 2005, Zimmerman, then 20, was arrested and charged with “resisting officer with violence” and “battery of law enforcement officer,” both of which are third-degree felonies. The charge was reduced to “resisting officer without violence” and then waived when he entered an alcohol education program. Contemporaneous accounts indicate he shoved an officer who was questioning a friend for alleged underage drinking at an Orange County bar.”
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/27/10894561-zimmerman-accused-of-domestic-violence-fighting-with-a-police-officer

This article says George’s felonies for assault on police were dropped in exchange for taking Alcohol Ed classes… I had previously read they were dropped to a misdemeanor and anger management classes, not sure how to find out the actual disposition.

But if it’s true he had felonies dropped for Alcohol Ed, how did he get such a light sentence, especially for assault on a police officer?? The article also says he had a speeding ticket in 2006 that was dropped because the officer failed to appear in court. Hmm, was it a DUI that was made to ‘go away’ like the felonies? Just my opinion of course but I think George has a drinking problem and his father, fmr Judge Zimmerman has been getting him out of legal messes for years. Alcohol abuse would explain his violent behaviors in the past imo and also the paranoid stalking & gunning down of an unarmed black teen, jmo. I also thought his words sounded slow & slurred on the 911 call and I wonder if he was making a liquor run not a milk or grocery run, jmo. All jmo.

To try to quell the appearance that that's the only thing going on in Sanford, IMHO. The rest of the website deals with Easter events, watering guidelines, etc.

The State Attorney in charge of the investigation asked for them to be removed. Again, why now and what legal justification do they have to do this?

There is the problem I have. If it had to be "enhanced" to be seen...it wasn't very bad to start with. imooooooooo.

I took screen shots from the "enhanced" video that do NOT show the "injuries" apparent on the "enhanced" screen shot used in that CNN story. Those marks on GZ's head just are not there on the video.

Here are the shots I took - edited only to crop the sections of the screen with GZ:
Same angle as the CNN enhanced still shot:
http://www.woodswell.com/images/Trayvon/GZ-GMA-enhanced_2.jpg

Better lighting but different angle. This one also shows GZ's nose, which does not look broken:
http://www.woodswell.com/images/Trayvon/GZ-GMA-enhanced.jpg

Here is the still shot from CNN:
http://www.woodswell.com/images/Trayvon/GVInjury1-1-1.jpg

Even though I did not do any enhancement, at least some hint of those marks on GZ's head would have shown prior to enhancement. The shot from behind would have that mark visible in the middle of the bald spot. The shot from the side would have that mark to the side of GZ's head. There is no indication of either of those spots on the screen shots I took from the video on CNN's website.

IMO, JMO, etc.

O/T Navy jet crashed near a Virginia Beach neighborhood. :(

Prayers to all.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/trayvon-martin-shooter-zimmermans-911-audio-tapes/

Corey has said that there is no guarantee that the case will even go before a grand jury and sources within her office tell ABC News that an arrest, if it does occur, will not occur before next week.

The only new part in this particular quote is if an arrest occurs, it won't happen before next week. Ms. Corey said right after she got the case and before she opted out of any more interviews that she may or may not utilize the grand jury, that she can choose to charge him herself without the grand jury's assistance.

Previous article...

JACKSONVILLE -- The prosecutor at the center of the national firestorm over whether the man who killed Trayvon Martin should be charged in his death says she’s not likely to need a grand jury to make the decision for her.

More probable, she said, is that she’ll be the one to decide.

“I always lean towards moving forward without needing the grand jury in a case like this,” Angela Corey, the state attorney assigned to the case by Gov. Rick Scott, told The Herald/Times. “I foresee us being able to make a decision, and move on it on our own.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/...otlight.html#storylink=misearch#storylink=cpy

~jmo~

I agree that is very powerful statement to make defending a police officers word against a grieving fathers word.

But Mr. Bonaparte fails to give a reasonable explanation why a cop would only be repeating a lie told to them by a homicide suspect to a grieving father and not tell him that was a lie and tell him the truth.

Nowhere in that statement does Mr. Bonaparte say the police officer told him the truth about Zimmerman's record. He just claims the officer said well Mr. Zimmerman told us he had a squeaky clean record. Now why in the world would the cop ever tell Mr. Martin that and not tell him it was a lie and Zimmerman did have a record.

Why was George Zimmerman labeled as “squeaky clean” when in fact he has
a prior arrest history?
In one of the initial meetings with the father of the victim the investigator related to
him the account that Mr. Zimmerman provided of the incident. At that time the
investigator said that Mr. Zimmerman portrayed himself to be “squeaky clean”. We
are aware of the background information regarding both individuals involved in this
event. We believe Mr. Martin may have misconstrued this information.

http://www.sanfordfl.gov/investigation/docs/Zimmerman_Martin_shooting.pdf

It seems to me Bonaparte is stating that the officer did not, in fact, tell Tracy Martin that Zimmerman's record was "squeaky clean".

And in all fairness, during that conversation Tracy Martin was most likely in shock. It's not unbelievable that he would misunderstand what the cop said.

Certainly when someone goes into the doc for a stressful consultation they're advised to take a friend - because people getting bad news often completely misunderstand and misremember what is said in the conversation.

It seems to me Bonaparte is stating that the officer did not, in fact, tell Tracy Martin that Zimmerman's record was "squeaky clean".

And in all fairness, during that conversation Tracy Martin was most likely in shock. It's not unbelievable that he would misunderstand what the cop said.

Certainly when someone goes into the doc for a stressful consultation they're advised to take a friend - because people getting bad news often completely misunderstand and misremember what is said in the conversation.

To be honest, when I heard that they told the father the shooter was 'squeaky clean,' I personally thought they meant as far as the events that night went. ie. meaning from what they'd learned to that point, it was a justified shooting.

It's just gone down-hill from there.

JMHO
fran

George Zimmerman's defense team is growing, suggesting that he's planning for a grand jury indictment and a subsequent criminal trial. Interestingly, his new attorney has begun releasing some previously unknown facts.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/04/06/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS214913966420120406

hmmmm.....I think that may be why they want everything removed. GZ's defense team is at work and the state is not gonna play their games.

It seems to me pretty clear that Zimmerman's legal team has the documents already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chrissy321