17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping as Americans we have moved passed that mentality. A lot of people didn't like the Anthony decision but we moved on, I hope they can do that with this case.

We can hope for it, but at the same time you cannot predict human behavior. Anything can trigger it. Also, the economy is really bad, even worse than in 1992 or 1965.

No one did riot when Crystal Mangum made rape accusations against Duke Lacrosse team in 2006. Of course, that case was weak from day one.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ence-20120410_1_press-conference-attorney-cnn

The family is deeply concerned that George Zimmerman is unaccounted for," he said. "They worry he may be a flight risk if he does, indeed, face charges."

Crump said the situation could have been avoided had police "just simply arrested him."

He has been in hiding. Uhrig and Sonner would not say Tuesday where he is but suggested that it is outside Florida.

Sonner and Uhrig said Zimmerman called Corey's office most likely because he wants to tell prosecutors his story.

Corey's office would not comment on Zimmerman's call, but a news release late Tuesday said Corey, the state attorney in Jacksonville, would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours.

I don't know, anyone else think we won't hear about a possible arrest until after it has happened if it does?

I'm waiting for Dog the Bounty Hunter to announce that he's going after GZ. I mean why not add him to this circus?

And did I read right? JB was talking about rational thought and tearing down the two attorneys who had the press conference today? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How bad do you have to be when JB is calling you a bad lawyer?

Man, this is crazy. And we have to wait 72 more hours to hear from the special prosecutor! Craziness. But I have to stay strong and keep waiting. It's worth it if there's justice for Trayvon!

I don't think I understand your question. Let me try again.

George cannot take pay-pal donations under false pretenses. Saying he has a "defense fund" doesn't mean whatever George wants it to mean. It's a type of contract between himself and whoever gives the money that it's used for legitimate purposes.

Light bill, water bill, food at home for family, court fees, legal pads - Legitimate.

Airline tickets out of state? Not legit.

Food on the run? Not legit.

See what I mean? He can't just take money and run and call it "defense" when he doesn't even acknowledge his defense attorneys, it seems to me.

These guys set up a fund with George's father's name on it. Why? Because let's be realisitic ~ George may be going to jail.

I think they didn't put his wife's name on the account because they may all ready be having money troubles and they don't want it seized. OR, the father is just a control freak - who knows?

Bottom line - attorneys cannot set up bank accounts and take donations and not itemize where the money is going. That is not legal in any way, and it's unethical.

This prosecutor probably wants to charge with him something - manslaughter most likely.
But if he isn't in state, he can't be charged.

So I think this 72 hour thing means that she is giving him 72 hours to get back to Florida and be ready to turn himself in to authorities.

If George doesn't return to Florida, he cannot charged, right?

And if he cannot be charged and isn't talking to attorneys, then there is no "defense" going on. That was the point of the press conference today. He is gone, and his lawyers can't reach him. They can't defend him and they can't guarantee he will cooperate with authorities, so they cut off ties with him.

If people give him money for "defense" that means to pay his attorneys and for living expenses for his family. That's my understanding at least.

If George then takes that money and goes to another state or to Canada or Peru or wherever, then the money is being used to aid and abet a fugitive.

JMOO :cow: :moo:

RE my bold above - Here in California they formally charged Ryan Jenkins with Jasmine Fiore's murder, while he was on the run (and before they found him dead in the motel room in Canada).

Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Jasmine_Fiore

Grandma, I don't think we will hear until after he is arrested, unless.....he really is missing and it goes into a manhunt type thing. Which....I pray it does not, that would be a horrible mess.

There may be riots in Florida, but I think they will be in isolated areas that are already plagued with an out of control society. The gangs will use any reason to murder and assault people.

I'm waiting for Dog the Bounty Hunter to announce that he's going after GZ. I mean why not add him to this circus?

And did I read right? JB was talking about rational thought and tearing down the two attorneys who had the press conference today? I don't know whether to laugh or cry. How bad do you have to be when JB is calling you a bad lawyer?

Man, this is crazy. And we have to wait 72 more hours to hear from the special prosecutor! Craziness. But I have to stay strong and keep waiting. It's worth it if there's justice for Trayvon!

The last time Dog went after someone he didn't have as a client he ended up in jail in Mexico, remember? I wonder from what time the 72hrs started? It should be down to about 65hrs by now right?

Maybe she's only going to share some information, like information about the autopsy or some evidence tht she is able to share to help the public understand a little more clearly.

Although I'm hoping for an arrest, I'm kind of thinking this ^^^ is what's actually going to happen.

There may be riots in Florida, but I think they will be in isolated areas that are already plagued with an out of control society. The gangs will use any reason to murder and assault people.

Seriously? I don't think it will only be gangs in an uproar. Lots of uproar to go around, and we had two upper middle class attorneys stirring the pot of confusion and making some outrageous remarks this afternoon. This is on them, too. :twocents:

ITA - it will be sporadic and there will be pockets of violence - but I don't think it will be contained in Florida. There are economic factors all over this country and other big urban areas will see incidents - like some that have already been reported. But, most definitely the east coast of Florida will be the hardest hit

ITA - it will be sporadic and there will be pockets of violence - but I don't think it will be contained in Florida. There are economic factors all over this country and other big urban areas will see incidents - like some that have already been reported. But, most definitely the east coast of Florida will be the hardest hit

Exactly. That is what I am thinking too. Like what happened in 1992.

Moo.. but I see him committing suicide if/when charges come..

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...ence-20120410_1_press-conference-attorney-cnn

The family is deeply concerned that George Zimmerman is unaccounted for," he said. "They worry he may be a flight risk if he does, indeed, face charges."

Crump said the situation could have been avoided had police "just simply arrested him."

He has been in hiding. Uhrig and Sonner would not say Tuesday where he is but suggested that it is outside Florida.

Sonner and Uhrig said Zimmerman called Corey's office most likely because he wants to tell prosecutors his story.

Corey's office would not comment on Zimmerman's call, but a news release late Tuesday said Corey, the state attorney in Jacksonville, would hold a news conference about the case within 72 hours.

I don't know, anyone else think we won't hear about a possible arrest until after it has happened if it does?
"Like two worried parents with a wayward child, George Zimmerman's lawyers stood puzzled in front of the Seminole County Courthouse on Tuesday and admitted they'd lost control."
They lost control? Clearly they never had control. The Martins and Crump have no need to know where Zimmerman is, as long as the SA and LE know where he is, that's all that matters. It's no wonder GZ isn't returning the calls of these two guys - with those kind of attorneys, who needs enemies. JMO

Off topic - I thought I was going to die. Signed off of WS and couldn't figure out my password to here, and my email for two days. Have been able to read, but couldn't "like" or comment. :panic:

Today, this case just got crazy! Those attorney's are going to be in deep you know what.. Did they actually reference the Anthony's? :maddening: So much more to say but need to catch up. :seeya:

Off topic - I thought I was going to die. Signed off of WS and couldn't figure out my password to here, and my email for two days. Have been able to read, but couldn't "like" or comment. :panic:

Today, this case just got crazy! Those attorney's are going to be in deep you know what.. Did they actually reference the Anthony's? :maddening: So much more to say but need to catch up. :seeya:

Oh you poor thing. At the bottom of the screen there is a Contact Us link. It may take a little while until an Admin who does registrations is on, but they can get you back in if you just provide them with an email address to
contact you. :)

I don't understand why people keep saying we don't have enough information,enough facts.IMO we have more than enough,more than in most cases.We have 911 calls,we have eye witnesses,we have a dead body !!! The only thing missing is TWO MINUTES.
IMO it doesn't take a genius to determine what happened in those minutes.All I know is IMO if Trayvon attacked GZ in those 2 minutes,if he initiated the physical confrontation it was because HE feared for his life.What other reason could there have been? GZ was following him for no reason,of course he was afraid,if he did attack him it would be his SYG right wouldn't it?

Oh you poor thing. At the bottom of the screen there is a Contact Us link. It may take a little while until an Admin who does registrations is on, but they can get you back in if you just provide them with an email address to
contact you. :)
I couldn't remember my email. It's one that I only use for here. :blushing:

I feel back at home. You all rock! Seriously. I love the debates and different opinions. It was weird looking from the outside in. :jail:

<snipped>
I'm not familiar with FL police reports or codes, but I can't see where it says he's calling for a neighbor. It looks like he was at Kohl's when he called, not in his complex.

In any case, that is not a police matter, it's a civil matter...and if what you are saying is true, it's none of his business.

Thank you for finding this. Whether or not this address belongs to Zimmerman was the question - whether or not it was his business is another matter. I'm perplexed myself why he is calling form a department store to report this. Nevertheless, it's not his house. Oddly, the address is very near the house where Traci Martin's girlfriend lives.

BEM: I looked at the address - 2621 Retreat View Circle - I am not familiar either, just deducing.

Attachments

• 2621 retreat view.png
    2621 retreat view.png
    661.2 KB · Views: 15
I think with JB, JT, SG, MJ all coming out today via HLN, twitter, fb, other news sources, it's been overly sensationalized today and ambulance chasers are coming out of the woodwork. I'm with everyone that this just doesn't seem right and agree, a young man died due to someone being over zealous. I hope it's brought together correctly, factually & for the family of Trayvon & GZ's, asap.

Anyone have better links to dockets, warrants, arrests, than I do? I'm not finding much. Thanks!

Does any of this sound familiar???

8/12/04 he called 911 because there was an old green truck carrying kids w/no car seats. He is following in a black Jetta. He gives a partial plate. Officer SO22 advises dispatch that he cannot catch up. GZ is still following the truck, giving directions to dispatch. He finally tells dispatch he is no longer following the vehicle. It appears to be a 4 minute phone call.

I believe it's because of actions like this that went unaddressed by LE, that GZ was disillusioned to feel like part of the force. He should've been told to stop following the vehicle.

08/20/04 at 4:50pm he called 911 to report a WM walking in the road carrying a bag. (another suspicious person walking from the store??) Subject was last seen by Blockbuster.

11/4/06 he called to report a red Toyota driving around the neighborhood real slow for 5 minutes looking at all the cars. (Just as TM was walking 'looking at all the houses'... if he knew the truck had been driving around for 5 minutes, was he following this person, too?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DownlowDelivery