17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AS denouncing gloating and high fiving...this is about justice...the parents are still grieving for the loss of Trayvon...(paraphrased)

wm

I was surprised that the charge is second degree murder.

Those shows me AC has a lot of evidence that she thinks can prove that charge BARD.

She is not going to go with a degree that she thinks she cant prove.

IMO

Corey also said that many things were misreported in the media. Who knows what the truth is? They have to know way more than what has been released.

I JUST HEARD IT ON THE RADIO!!!!!!! Second degree murder!!!! I know, it's not even in court yet, but still! Way better than anyone could have hoped for!!!!

For all the "I told you so's"...we here were very wrong yesterday about GZ fleeing to Peru, Cuba, fight risk.

That is my biggest problem with this case is so much speculation on things we just don't know, and I am as guilty as anyone.

AC said it herself.

All murders are homicides but not all homicides are murder.

Yes, there was a homicide.

Is he a murderer? We don't know yet. There has been no trial.

Well.... I don't want to get into a debate on this, all that legal stuff, all that innocent until "proven" guilty stuff, but I don't need 12 people to tell me how to think, what to feel. I believe Trayvon was murdered by GZ.

I'm pretty sure double jeopardy would prevent this. They have to run with whatever charge they think will stick.

JMO

Isn't double jeopardy when you're already been acquitted but then there's another trial on somewhat similar charges regarding the same case. I think there may be several alternative charges in a single trial.

But if TM was shot in the back, how could the SPD not have arrested GZ? It would have cast serious doubts to his story imo. It's pretty difficult to shoot someone in the back if they're busy pounding your head to the sidewalk. It would be an awkward angle.

having seen a few gunshot wounds, I can tell you it is not always possible unless you are an expert to tell what is the entrance and what is the exit, if there is one. It is particularly hard to tell when the wounds are all bloody and new. They decided not to charge Zimmerman the night of the incident, they did not wait for an autopsy, or actually for anything, he left the police station that night. He left and moved out the next day. They dug their heels in and simply refused to even consider that perhaps they had been a bit hasty in their decision, and they weren't about to change it until public pressure caused the appointment of a Special Prosecutor. Just hubris and stubborness IMO JMHO and stuff.

Nejame said he turned himself into FDLE in Tallahassee which would explain why he's not showing up on any county jail sites.

Are we sure that he turned himself IN Tallahassee? Or did the press release saying he turned himself into FDLE officers come from their office in Tallahassee? I don't think FDLE has their own facilities to hold prisoners. Their building here in Tallahassee holds their offices and labs as far as I know.

I have no reason know which might be correct - just wondering.

This is moving fast and my internet is running slow.
Is GZ in custody?

But if TM was shot in the back, how could the SPD not have arrested GZ? It would have cast serious doubts to his story imo. It's pretty difficult to shoot someone in the back if they're busy pounding your head to the sidewalk. It would be an awkward angle.

Good point, Donjeta. I was only speculating. Hopefully soon enough we will all know what really happened to Trayvon before he was murdered.

There could be plenty of scenarios that may have happened to result in a GSW to the back even during a struggle in close proximity.

GZ could have pulled the gun out, been struggling with it as Trayvon was trying to shield himself and/or get away (As he screamed for help)--and then was shot in the back while half turned or trying to flee.

Just speculating. I could be wayyyy off. :)

I hope they have dotted every "I" and crossed every "T". I hope they've made absolutely sure that what they're doing is the right thing legally and not the right thing because of public opinion.

I think GZ was wrong in most of things he did that night in relation to TM but I want any justice to be fair and to follow the path of truth.

Here's a possibility. GZ is arrested and charged with XXXXX. He remains in jail, mostly for his safety at this point. I don't want the media following him around like a pack of wild animals. He makes his appearance in court. The court then hears his evidence and a decision is made. Frankly, I think a trial by judge would be the best at this point. Once those steps are followed, I think we'll know that justice has been done.

I firmly believe arresting him was the minimum that should have been done the night of February 26. If the judicial system can make it right at this point, I'll be satisfied. Maybe not happy with the verdict but justice will be done.

I agree. I would be afraid to be on that jury.

The one officer noting Martin's hands were under the body always struck me as strange.. I always wondered if Zimmerman's story was he thought he had a gun in his waistband and thought he was going for it and shot him in the back.

This is moving fast and my internet is running slow.
Is GZ in custody?

Yes, but they will not disclose where, yet, and already confirmed not in Orange county. (Central Orlando).

Edit: Seminole County is the jurisdiction I would expect he'd be booked in.

However in some cases, I believe, subjects can be housed in another county for safety reasons, and whatnot, but the legal proceedings would likely happen in Seminole County, I believe.

JMO

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

I truly think that there would be far too much exposure to lawsuits and many other nasty things if she were to come out and say that SPD dropped the ball and that their investigation was carp. So she slapped some lipstick on that pig, and did what she needed to do, meanwhile we all know that there would have been no arrest, and no further investigation if public outrage and attention had not been focused on this incident. IMO JMHO and stuff

That said, I certainly hope someone will be looking into their practices and ethics. Something stinks! IMO

Isn't double jeopardy when you're already been acquitted but then there's another trial on somewhat similar charges regarding the same case. I think there may be several alternative charges in a single trial.

I think that it's called "lesser included charges." Not sure how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member