17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
GZ was a wannabe cop. It did not start when he lived in this neighborhood, look at the 911 records (which, by the way, are only ones where he gave his name --- were there more that were anonymous?). He was a failure at life (IMO) and could not hold a job, suffered from a bit of Short Man syndrome (IMO), at 28 still did not have his AA degree (but still had a party to celebrate??), wanted to be a cop, but apparently was not accepted, does not seem to have true friends, was reportedly estranged from his brother for years. So when he saw a pothole, he reported it. When he saw a young 7-9 year old on the street, he called police. He hosed down kids that he thought were bullies. He saw someone steal from a store, he followed them and called police, keeping up following him until they made the arrest. Once they started the neighborhood watch, he would patrol his neighborhood, from accounts that have been published, with his 100 pound rottweiler, his loaded gun (with the most deadly ammo), and his police flashlight. Black kids reported that he questioned them, accusing them of stealing a bike. There were reports that neighbors were complaining to the Board that he was overzealous. In his mind, he was the law. I think we have someone that is paranoid, delusional, and on one rainy night, let his fantasies take over. All MOO, but I think we have one sick puppy and I am pretty sure that his family knows that all too well.

There is no reason why GZ's 2nd amendment right would he taken away if he is found not guilty.

He should be forced to take some very strict classes on responsible gun ownership if he is found not guilty at least! Maybe even a suspension until he completes it?

These neighbors who held this couple at gunpoint should be charged with kidnapping and their 2nd Amendment right should be revoked. Can't even believe the police arrested the actual homeowners? :banghead:

MOO

Actions speak louder than words, she kept calling them and they never called her back. They didn't have to say they weren't interested in what she had to say, their actions proved they were not interested in what she had to say.

MOO

But is there any evidence that she kept calling them?

But is there any evidence that she kept calling them?

I don't know? I haven't seen phone records? But I am sure the DOJ and FBI has spoken with her and if she had evidence, they probably have it.

MOO

How do you know what is involved in various watch programs?

Like I said, I bet there are different procedures and rules in various programs.

I have googled a variety of neighborhood watch programs and I have yet to find one that endorses their members carrying firearms or weapons of any kind.

The prevailing theme is that there are NO patrols, the standard is that each member is vigilent and watches what goes on in their neighborhood and if something appears unusual or in any way suspicious they call the police and report the activity.

I am pretty sure the very last thing that any Police department anywhere would want is groups of armed neighborhood watch persons doing their own patrols on the neighborhood in order to protect their turf, and stopping and questioning any suspicious persons IMO JMHO and stuff

GZ was a wannabe cop. It did not start when he lived in this neighborhood, look at the 911 records (which, by the way, are only ones where he gave his name --- were there more that were anonymous?). He was a failure at life (IMO) and could not hold a job, suffered from a bit of Short Man syndrome (IMO), at 28 still did not have his AA degree (but still had a party to celebrate??), wanted to be a cop, but apparently was not accepted, does not seem to have true friends, was reportedly estranged from his brother for years. So when he saw a pothole, he reported it. When he saw a young 7-9 year old on the street, he called police. He hosed down kids that he thought were bullies. He saw someone steal from a store, he followed them and called police, keeping up following him until they made the arrest. Once they started the neighborhood watch, he would patrol his neighborhood, from accounts that have been published, with his 100 pound rottweiler, his loaded gun (with the most deadly ammo), and his police flashlight. Black kids reported that he questioned them, accusing them of stealing a bike. There were reports that neighbors were complaining to the Board that he was overzealous. In his mind, he was the law. I think we have someone that is paranoid, delusional, and on one rainy night, let his fantasies take over. All MOO, but I think we have one sick puppy and I am pretty sure that his family knows that all too well.

Do you have some sort of proof that he doesn't have an AA degree?

He should be forced to take some very strict classes on responsible gun ownership if he is found not guilty at least! Maybe even a suspension until he completes it?

These neighbors who held this couple at gunpoint should be charged with kidnapping and their 2nd Amendment right should be revoked. Can't even believe the police arrested the actual homeowners? :banghead:

MOO

There are laws in place that protect ones 2nd amendment right. Thank God!

If he is found not guilty, he has every right to own a gun!
Not guilty means no felony.

If someone is convicted of kidnapping, they would be a felon. They would not be allowed to own a gun.

You can't just strip rights away from innocent people.

That's not how our country works.

This has all been discussed in previous threads. Here is the article I provided in past threads.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/u...borhood-watch-groups.html?_r=2&pagewanted=all

In Sanford, she said, watch groups are not even supposed to make the rounds. That is the job of another kind of volunteer organization, Citizens on Patrol, whose members are selected and trained by the police and who drive the streets in a specially marked vehicle. Members of that group, Ms. Dorival said, “are armed only with a radio.”

I have googled a variety of neighborhood watch programs and I have yet to find one that endorses their members carrying firearms or weapons of any kind.

The prevailing theme is that there are NO patrols, the standard is that each member is vigilent and watches what goes on in their neighborhood and if something appears unusual or in any way suspicious they call the police and report the activity.

I am pretty sure the very last thing that any Police department anywhere would want is groups of armed neighborhood watch persons doing their own patrols on the neighborhood in order to protect their turf, and stopping and questioning any suspicious persons IMO JMHO and stuff

Yup, even the director of Neighborhood Watch for the National Sheriffs' Association talked about the rules that GZ broke. (re: carrying a gun and calling him 'overzealous")

I never mentioned firearms. But to be clear, if he had a permit to carry it (and it seems he did) then he can carry it.

Prevailing theme or not, my point is, SOME may have shifts.

Do you have some sort of proof that he doesn't have an AA degree?

It has been stated by GZ's family and Taaffe and Joe Oliver that he had a party to celebrate, even though he had not finished. The College confirmed to the press that he had withdrawn after the killing. Note that it is a State College, which in Florida means it is what used to be called a Community College, typically a starting place for education.

Here is a Fox station that has info about his school as well as many of the other failures that I cited. This is one of many articles that I found by googling GZ and Seminole State College. http://www.ctnow.com/news/nationworld/la-na-nn-george-zimmerman-20120323,0,3451679.story

I think comparisons of the number of burglaries per day or month or year in different areas are pretty futile if the size of the area isn't specified. 8 burglaries per day in a decent sized town might be very few but 8 burglaries per day in a gated community with 263 townhouses would mean that in average every townhouse gets burglarized once a month.

This is true. I started the discussion, and should have specified. I do not mean 8 burglaries a day in my neighborhood, but in the city. I live in a small city with big city crime---right by Ft. Hood.

Anyway, if the burglary problem/crime rate was increasing, I wonder why the HOA didn't get extra patrols from LE? Or hire private security?

There are laws in place that protect ones 2nd amendment right. Thank God!

If he is found not guilty, he has every right to own a gun!
Not guilty means no felony.

If someone is convicted of kidnapping, they would be a felon. They would not be allowed to own a gun.

You can't just strip rights away from innocent people.

That's not how our country works.

Because you have the right to do something, does not mean that you should do it. IMO and only IMO If after fatally shooting an unarmed teenager, George Zimmerman still desires to own and carry concealed a gun, then he is by far a sicker puppy than I would want to see roaming free in the streets with or without a gun. Once again IMO JMHO and stuff.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-sanford-chief-resigns-20120423,0,3336571.story

(snipped from above article at above link)

Commissioner Patty Mahany said the chief submitted his resignation over the weekend; Lee temporarily left his post last month amid complaints about how his department handled the investigation of the Feb. 26 shooting. The city commission is scheduled to hold a special meeting late Monday afternoon to discuss Lee's severance package, Mahany said.

"Elected officials used this man as a scapegoat to heal our community," she said in a telephone interview with the Los Angeles Times. "Our community was never broken."

Mahany, who had supported Lee during the political furor over his department’s investigation, called the resignation a "terrible tragedy." She said she blamed civil rights activists whose protests "ruined the reputation and career of a really stellar law enforcement officer."

Lee "is nothing but a scapegoat," Mahany said. "Our police department did nothing wrong."

So it wasn't wrong in failing to do a drug and alcohol test on GZ that night? It wasn't wrong when phone records show it was their number that called TM's phone 5 days afterwards?

It has been stated by GZ's family and Taaffe and Joe Oliver that he had a party to celebrate, even though he had not finished. The College confirmed to the press that he had withdrawn after the killing. Note that it is a State College, which in Florida means it is what used to be called a Community College, typically a starting place for education.

His father also testified at the hearing that he was in year three. Don't they give out associates after 2 years?

A lot of people get GREAT educations from community colleges.

It's not always a "starting point".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member