17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, they should not be taken from a cell phone by a officer. My point is it's happened before (that I know of).

If the phone is LE property and he took a picture that he may have been instructed to do is one thing but as GrandmaJ said to release it is misconduct. I highly doubt it was LE. The officer was supposed to have secured the gun and cuffed GZ. If that is a phone in GZ's ear he was not cuffed and an officer taking a picture prior to securing him would probably get that officer fired. JMO

FT said it was a neighbor. Is there a LE person living nearby?

If it's an LE then if it is found out who he is he "should" lose his job, and if it was a neighbor, then why is he inside the crime scene taped area and that close to anyone in handcuffs. It is not SOP for any civilian to be that close to the detained person or inside the crime scene area just happily snapping pictures...

Why would he even bother to call 911 then? I've never heard of someone who didn't like cops but yet called them at every opportunity as he thought he needed too?

im not really sure why i feel this way i just do. Maybe to rub it in their face that they are always arriving too late and never around in time to do anything. Maybe to prove to them that he is good enough for the force. I dont know really. Its just a feeling i have. Like he believes that he can do the job better and wants them to know it. all imo.

There was a case (I can't recall the names) but the case was about a husband who killed his wife and set up another guy to make it as though he had come into his house and was killing his wife with a hammer so he shot the man. This man was a cab driver or shuttle driver who had driven the wife home from a business trip, the wife had complained to her husband that the guy had said some strange stuff about killing people. So her husband called the guy's boss and wanted to have him fired, then he called the guy himself and had him come to his home so he could "apologize to the wife", and set it up as though the guy came on his own and murdered his wife and he shot him in self defense.. Anyway, LE first believed the husbands story, only to find out months later that the first cop on the scene had got his camera from his cruiser and had taken one picture of the 2 bodies that lay on the floor dead. This photo, that no one had seen finally came to light and broke the case wide open, the husband's story didn't match, he was arrested and charged with both murders.
Does anyone recall this case ?

Is it this case?

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Winger"]Mark Winger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

BBM

Please tell me what employer would hire GZ? What employer would take on the security risk of having GZ on the premise, the potential damage to the companies reputation by hiring GZ if it were found out, the security of the other employee's, the amount of time off that GZ will need for court proceedings? IMO GZ is unemployable at this time and for for years to come. And we can't forget the bounty on his head.....

As for GZ's wife, the same applies to her. Its not out of the realm to think that someone would like to cause her harm in retaliation for what GZ did.

:goodpost: Thank you!

There was a case (I can't recall the names) but the case was about a husband who killed his wife and set up another guy to make it as though he had come into his house and was killing his wife with a hammer so he shot the man. This man was a cab driver or shuttle driver who had driven the wife home from a business trip, the wife had complained to her husband that the guy had said some strange stuff about killing people. So her husband called the guy's boss and wanted to have him fired, then he called the guy himself and had him come to his home so he could "apologize to the wife", and set it up as though the guy came on his own and murdered his wife and he shot him in self defense.. Anyway, LE first believed the husbands story, only to find out months later that the first cop on the scene had got his camera from his cruiser and had taken one picture of the 2 bodies that lay on the floor dead. This photo, that no one had seen finally came to light and broke the case wide open, the husband's story didn't match, he was arrested and charged with both murders.

Mark Winger?

I would have no clue whatsoever. You're the one that suggested it as a possibility. I can't think of ANY reason why a police officer would take a picture for his own personal use or collection. Especially in the first 3 minutes of an investigation with an apparent uncuffed suspect. It boggles my mind.
JMO/IMO
It is very odd.
Could this be a possible scenario?

--SYG seems to have become an issue very quickly. Maybe either GZ brought it up, or the officer on the scene suggested it. Could one or the other, or both of them have decided GZ needed quick photo evidence of GZ's "severe" head trauma to help bolster his SYG claim?

--If it wasn't the officer on the scene taking the picture, it was a friend or neighbor, then why were they taking pictures while a teen was dead or dying right there?

im not really sure why i feel this way i just do. Maybe to rub it in their face that they are always arriving too late and never around in time to do anything. Maybe to prove to them that he is good enough for the force. I dont know really. Its just a feeling i have. Like he believes that he can do the job better and wants them to know it. all imo.

Or maybe from his own words, these *advertiser censored******* always get away?

JMHO

I understand and agree with your post, but want to ask, how would it be any better if there were a civilian a neighbor inside the crime scene taped area who was there taking snapshots of GZ and the crime scene up close with his phone. I don't know about Florida but here you are not allowed on any crime scene and in fact the Police keep everyone about 20 feet away from the taped off area and no one gets to be close to anyone in handcuffs...can you imagine if someone were to get hurt by a handcuffed and in custody person stuff would hit the fan quick...

I dunno why that crime scene was so sloppy and so many people were allowed in there. How can you tell rescue to stage until the scene is secure and still have other civilians in the area? This I have questioned since I saw the first photos. What if other people were also armed?

A Police Officer is sworn to uphold the law and to conduct him/herself with professional conduct. He doesn't get to be a renegade and save trophy pictures and distribute them. I really hope for Sanford Police Department's sake that this comment by Oliver is just a coincidence, and that this isn't a police officer's picture floated on the internet and news on the day of the bond hearing. It is possible this was a friend of GZ who did this.

I remember this case. It was very interesting. Didn't the wife just recently have a baby? And it turned out the husband had an affair with the wife's best friend?

But I don't think that officer was taking pictures for his own personal pleasure or collection. I think it was just overlooked during the initial investigation.

JMO

So does this mean that if the picture was taken with a personal phone that the wound is not admissible evidence?

If the phone is LE property and he took a picture that he may have been instructed to do is one thing but as GrandmaJ said to release it is misconduct. I highly doubt it was LE. The officer was supposed to have secured the gun and cuffed GZ. If that is a phone in GZ's ear he was not cuffed and an officer taking a picture prior to securing him would probably get that officer fired. JMO

I would love to know the story of that picture since I can see no way that it should have been released by LE, there is just soooo much wrong. If it was taken by LE as evidence and under instruction then it shouldn't have been released, if it was taken in an unauthorized manner then that cop should be found and fired. If it was taken by a civilian then what on earth are the Police in Sanford thinking to have a civilian roaming free on their crime scene taking pictures, and the Police reports and all information claims that GZ was cuffed and in custody as soon as LE arrived on the scene, so what is he doing uncuffed and talking on a cell phone in the picture?

I really don't get it, what the heck was going on?

So does this mean that if the picture was taken with a personal phone that the wound is not admissible evidence?

It may make that photo not admissable, since usually anyone wanting to use a photo as evidence has to authenticate that photo by telling who took it, and when, who else might have been there, and under what circumstances they took the photo and where it's been since it was taken and verify that it has not been tampered with and stuff. So let's hope that if there were wounds that SPD did their job and took others at the station Pictures that have a verified chain of custody and some scale and from different angles and so forth complete with the paperwork verifying who took them and when ect.

BBM

Please tell me what employer would hire GZ? What employer would take on the security risk of having GZ on the premise, the potential damage to the companies reputation by hiring GZ if it were found out, the security of the other employee's, the amount of time off that GZ will need for court proceedings? IMO GZ is unemployable at this time and for for years to come. And we can't forget the bounty on his head.....

As for GZ's wife, the same applies to her. Its not out of the realm to think that someone would like to cause her harm in retaliation for what GZ did.

I guess he should have thought out all of his options then before deciding to slaughter an innocent kid. It's not up to the state of Florida to provide for him or his family.

~jmo~

I want to know how many other photos that person took. Did he photograph the scene, the body, Zimmerman's face? Or just the back of his head?

I have some questions about where exactly the shooting happened. Maybe Concerned Papa can answer this for me because I have seen his maps.

I was watching the video of the night of the shooting, the one with what looked like Trayvon's body under a yellow blanket/tarp. The video then went to the newsman interviewing the witness known as John. John said it all happened right behind his unit and he watched out the window. Then Trayvon's father with his girlfriend are shown coming to this exact spot. My question is where this witness John lives in comparison with the 2 female witness'es who have said that the shooting was behind their unit? Also, it appeared to me that John lives in the end unit, closer to where the sidewalk forms a T. Is this the sidewalk that GZ was on while talking to the dispatcher?Please someone help me out with this because its driving me crazy. TIA

I remember this case. It was very interesting. Didn't the wife just recently have a baby? And it turned out the husband had an affair with the wife's best friend?

But I don't think that officer was taking pictures for his own personal pleasure or collection. I think it was just overlooked during the initial investigation.

JMO

Yes, the baby was left on the bed why all this went down.
if IIRC the camera used was not the cop's personal camera, it was a camera issued by LE, the photo and a note left on the front seat of Harrington's car blew the case wide open. It wasn't clear why the photo was not seen early on though.

Yes I agree. If you google this there are many instances where there is a written policy now. And many investigations are ongoing and these cops and firefighters are losing their jobs.

It seems odd, too, that LE would take a picture of GZ when they were not permitted to question him and specifically stated they did not. So why would they take a picture of the blood on his head when it was not yet an issue???? His face was also reported by LE as bloody and we do not see a picture of his face.

This photo also looks as if someone poured blood on his head because there is a clear cut straight line as if he had a hat on. If GZ were moving his head from the concrete to the grass as TM continued to bang his head on the ground you would think his head hitting the wet grass would show signs of grass cuttings which were described as being on the back of GZ's jacket. Plus if GZ's head was on the wet grass the blood would have been watered down and smeared on his head. You can see he clearly has one cut on his head but it also looks as if it is clotted and no blood is coming from the cut.

To me there is something not quite right with the picture and now we are getting stories that differ as to who took them. The truth is always easier to remember which makes us wonder about this photo. jmo

I want to know how many other photos that person took. Did he photograph the scene, the body, Zimmerman's face? Or just the back of his head?

Can we even be sure that IS the back of Zimmermans head from that particular photo? And if it was a friend of Zimmerman how did he get close enough to take that photo since it was a crime scene and taped off. If it was a friend and he did get in and take the photo HOW did LE not see him and confiscate the phone and photo?

Totally and entirely FUBAR IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member