17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"A police report indicated he was bleeding from the nose and the back of his head."

Okay, so how did he get the bloody nose and head?

Possible scenarios:
1) After shooting TM, GZ injured himself in both places to bolster a self-defense defense.
2) Injured in a fight that GZ started, and GZ finished by shooting TM.
3) Injured in a fight that TM started, and GZ finished by shooting TM.

Which is most likely, and why?

The most likely scenario is when two people are fighting, struggling, wrestling there are bound to be injuries regardless of who started it. I fell going up the steps and was full of bruises scraped my chin, cut my hand but no one attacked me. GZ could have grabbed TM to keep him from leaving and slipped on the grass pulling TM down on top of him. He could have banged his head on one of those meter covers and thought it was cement. TM could have banged his head against GZ's nose when they fell. Does not mean TM started it. When you fall injuries happen but it does not explain how it all began. And according to the investigators it did not happen the way GZ claims it did. Evidence to the contrary. That is why he is being charged. Why would GZ lie? What would be the point if he was attacked his story would match the evidence? Even the homocide detective knew he was lying that very night.

When Chief Lee stated he was stepping down because of his "involvement" I thought that was a strange word for him to use. jmo

I think you're right, nora! There was a point in the hearing where I caught a really smug look on O'Mara's face while the SA was questioning SZ. Like the cat that swallowed the canary. It's right at the 28:00 min mark on the video. I can't quite catch what the SA said right before it. Sound is low and my speakers aren't that great. Maybe someone else can?

http://www.wral.com/news/video/11004815/#/vid11004815

The prosecutor was asking Shellie if there were any 'threats' in the hate mail she received, and she said "No, sir"

Not sure if that's what you're talking about at around the 28:00 minute mark.

I thought that money was for the defense fund. Isn't it supposed to pay for the attorney? Why can't they put their house up for the bond and use the donations for the attorney's fees?

It's not about what the money is used for it's about the fact that there are lies all over the place about this money, this website, these donations, etc. Zimmerman's family stated in the hearing that they had no money so needed a low bond yet we have now been told that the website has collected $200,000. Why would Zimmerman want anyone to put a mortgage on their home if this money was available? If that's the way he thinks, it just further convinces me that this man is truly a piece of work.

~jmo~

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...ite-to-raise-funds-for-legal-costs-shut-down/

Fundraising website of George Zimmerman, suspect in Trayvon Martin case, is shut down

By Perry Chiaramonte

Published April 24, 2012

FoxNews.com

zimmermanwebsite

A screengrab from <mod snip>.com, which was shut down yesterday while Zimmerman's defense attorney takes control of raising funds for his legal costs.

A website set up for George Zimmerman to raise funds for his legal defense after he was accused of killing unarmed Florida teen Trayvon Martin has been shut down while his attorney tries to restructure the fund, FoxNews.com has learned.

<mod snip>.com was launched April 10, as a digital soapbox for Zimmerman to give his side of the story, as well as a fundraising tool to solicit donations to his legal defense fund. Zimmerman used the site, which took major credit cards, to communicate messages to his supporters. But his attorney, Mark O'Mara, said the site has been shut down as of today.

&#8220;I&#8217;ve started the process to properly authorize his legal fund," O'Mara said. "I do not want him to have any Internet presence and that site has been taken down.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/04/2...unds-for-legal-costs-shut-down/#ixzz1tCUvsxXr

OMara was telling the Judge how much money Zimmerman had.

So he is going to have to tell the Judge tomorrow either he misled the court and never even asked Zimmerman how much money he had or Zimmerman lied to him.

Funny this might end up being a lawyer proving his client is a liar. LOL IMO

GZ was a renter in the condo he patrolled.

Which offers up another interesting thought I've had. When Trayvon's parents sue the homeowner's association for their role in the death of their son, how do you think it's going to make all those home owners and the association itself feel to know that they are having to pay out of their pocket while Zimmerman is sitting there raking in the dough through donations. Wow.

~jmo~

At the hearing, Was it the prosecutor asked Mrs GZ about the website & donations and she said she has no idea, her B-I-L handled that

Every resident of Florida has received tax exempt status from the state of Florida in Florida. Florida HAS NO state income tax.

So he's applied for and received tax exempt status in the state of Florida?

~jmo~

So he is going to have to tell the Judge tomorrow either he misled the court and never even asked Zimmerman how much money he had or Zimmerman lied to him.

imo, O'mara is perfectly willing to take the rap, if there is one. Otherwise he wouldn't have talked about it in the media in advance of the hearing. He's obviously not concerned, imo. George is still here in spite of the money and the money is secured pending a determination of what's to be done with it. jmo

Not exactly. 1)Florida has no income tax, and 2)Gifts you receive aren't considered income. It doesn't matter how large they are. You don't report them on your income tax return in any way.

Florida does not have income tax but we still have to pay federal income tax, there is also federal taxes on gifts, the federal gift tax limit is $13,000, anything over that is taxed. Donations are not considered "gifts", unless set up as a charity and you pay full tax on donations.

http://www.irs.gov/publications/p950/ar02.html

Gift Tax

The gift tax applies to transfers by gift of property. You make a gift if you give property (including money), the use of property, or the right to receive income from property without expecting to receive something of at least equal value in return. If you sell something for less than its full value or if you make an interest-free or reduced-interest loan, you may be making a gift.

The general rule is that any gift is a taxable gift. However, there are many exceptions to this rule.

Generally, the following gifts are not taxable gifts:

Gifts, excluding gifts of future interests, that are not more than the annual exclusion for the calendar year,

Tuition or medical expenses paid directly to an educational or medical institution for someone else,

Gifts to your spouse,

Gifts to a political organization for its use, and

Gifts to charities.

After Zimmerman set up his website he was quickly put in jail so he might have not known how much money in donations he got at the time of the hearing.

Every resident of Florida has received tax exempt status from the state of Florida in Florida. Florida HAS NO state income tax.

Has the Federal Government done the same? Everyone pays uncle sam

The prosecutor was asking Shellie if there were any 'threats' in the hate mail she received, and she said "No, sir"

Not sure if that's what you're talking about at around the 28:00 minute mark.

Yes, it was right after that. I can't catch it. O'Mara looks over at the SA with a real smug look and twirls his glasses.

After Zimmerman set up his website he was quickly put in jail so he might have not known how much money in donations he got at the time of the hearing.
Nothing stopping him from finding out.

Federal income tax is what is being discussed.

GZ was a renter in the condo community he patrolled.

His parents house was said to have equity and his mother said they would be willing to put that up.

It's not about what the money is used for it's about the fact that there are lies all over the place about this money, this website, these donations, etc. Zimmerman's family stated in the hearing that they had no money so needed a low bond yet we have now been told that the website has collected $200,000. Why would Zimmerman want anyone to put a mortgage on their home if this money was available? If that's the way he thinks, it just further convinces me that this man is truly a piece of work.

~jmo~

A serious case of entitlement, I'm thinking.

But how much is the defense attorney going to charge them. I thought the money from the website was for the defense costs.

Why shouldn't they put their house up for the bond and use the money for the defense costs?

Reports or rumors, IDk which, had said that O'Mara was working pro-bono but now, in the above linked CNN article O'mara is quoted as saying that a defense like this could cost upwards to $1,000,000.

This is getting ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member