17 yo Trayvon Martin Shot to Death by Neighborhood Watch Captain #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So the brother would let his parents mortgage their home and never thought to tell anyone how much was in the account? Before mortgaging their home, no one thought to check the account to see how much was in there?

Where's that turnip truck?

JMHO

Well, IDK... if you have to choose someone to be in charge of your finances it makes perfect sense to choose someone who you or anybody else in your family cannot communicate with to ask him about them... doesn't it?

Landlords do not come over to collect rent unless you are late. A simple cashier's check in the mail would do the trick.

I doubt he is actually paying rent. Maybe Faux News is? Can't wait to find out.

GZ is not indigent. Obviously. The taxpayer's shouldn't have to foot his bill.

I always thought if one could not afford an attorney then they would get a public defender?

I don't get the back and forth about what he might have spent the money on,
as if spending it on certain things makes it all fine and dandy.

Who cares, the importance of this was not disclosing it to the court, while his attorney was pleading that they were all of limited resources, how difficult it would be for them to come up with money, and then pleading his case in the media by saying things like they needed the state to pay for protection.

JMHO

I wouldn’t care either if there weren’t a chance for all the money to be spent & then Zimmerman be declared indigent. :( jmo

To keep the fund hidden.......to make it look like they still needed more.....lots of reasons.

Well excuse me but that's pretty stupid then, considering GZ came right out and told his lawyer 3 days after getting let out on bond that he had 200,000 in the account.

And if they put up their house as an asset, what exactly has his mother and father gained, outside of losing their house?

I thought we had a whole thread just for race issues and that they were not to be discussed on the main thread.

I wouldn’t care either if there weren’t a chance for all the money to be spent & then Zimmerman be declared indigent. :( jmo

I don't think the money can be spend fast enough at the rate that it's probably going to come in.

Well if that's the case then obviously O'Mara is a liar because he stated in the article as a direct quote from him to ABC news....

Early this week O'Mara told ABC News the Zimmermans had put up certain assets to secure bond for their son.

~jmo~

BBM Bingo. Alleged liar. Just like the remark that GZ would be in jail longer. middle of this week , IIRC. But out of jail last Sunday.

So it sounds as if the Zimmerman family did put up assets to raise the money for the bond. I think we need to ask Judge Strickland if we can use his famous phrase for liars in this case...LOL. The truth and the Zimmerman's and attorney are strangers.

Last week, Zimmerman's attorney said his client was "financially indigent," in arguing for a lower bail. And in her testimony, Zimmerman's mother said she was willing to mortgage her home to put up bail. Early this week O'Mara told ABC News the Zimmermans had put up certain assets to secure bond for their son.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmerman-judge-donations-received/story?id=16228564#.T5raiKvOX2Y

JMO/IMO
We are all curious about what those certain assets are.

Does anyone recall when MOM was talking about the raising the bond and the family today? For some reason they were set against using a bail bondsman, as I understood his comments. Papa was a magistrate, wouldn't he know and understand this process? Any reason why they would avoid it if at all possible?

I think this is new territory "paypal" if the amount keeps changing how can a bond amount be determined by the amount in a "paypal' amount. idk

JMO/IMO
We are all curious about what those certain assets are.

Does anyone recall when MOM was talking about the raising the bond and the family today? For some reason they were set against using a bail bondsman, as I understood his comments. Papa was a magistrate, wouldn't he know and understand this process? Any reason why they would avoid it if at all possible?

I missed most of that discussion about them not trusting a bail bondsman so I need to go back and relisten to that. Nothing this family says or does comes as any surprise to me at all.

~jmo~

I bet my bottom dollar that the Paypal account was checked multiple times on a daily basis as soon as it was set up. Like as fast as you check your instant winner lottery ticket.
Besides, if I recall correctly. Paypal does send out an Email each time an amount is deposited. You do not have to link to your bank account . A credit card will suffice. Most folks do not link to a bank account because Paypal allows claw back(reversal of payment). If linked to a bank account, you keep very little money in it and transfer incoming monies to another account asap.

Wonder if the phone calls from GZ while in jail, included updates from wifey/brother as to the daily balance of the account. Do those calls fall under the Sunshine law? Something smells real rotten.
And no, I do not believe MOM. He just appears too smart to be that ignorant about the account. Way too much of a coincidence that RZ Jr was not available at the bond hearing and the rest could all point to RZ Jr as the only one with knowledge of the account. Do they really think we all fell of a pumpkin truck recently?.

Not all of us. But I am sure they know their audience. :)

So the brother would let his parents mortgage their home and never thought to tell anyone how much was in the account?Before mortgaging their home, no one thought to check the account to see how much was in there?

Where's that turnip truck?

JMHO

BBM
:floorlaugh:

Well excuse me but that's pretty stupid then, considering GZ came right out and told his lawyer 3 days after getting let out on bond that he had 200,000 in the account.

And if they put up their house as an asset, what exactly has his mother and father gained, outside of losing their house?

Well I personally think GZ is stoopid, but I digress. The longer he appears broke and can carry out the "poor George" bit, the more money rolls in. And his parents didn't loose their house.......pppfffttt. They all knew about the money and now they have been caught. Sadly.....I think he's gonna get away with spitting in the laws face about it though.

Well I personally think GZ is stoopid, but I digress. The longer he appears broke and can carry out the "poor George" bit, the more money rolls in. And his parents didn't loose their house.......pppfffttt. They all knew about the money and now they have been caught. Sadly.....I think he's gonna get away with spitting in the laws face about it though.

Shrug......IMO it's going to be a non issue in the long run. He's either going to raise his bond or not, GZ is going to pay it out of the new defense fund handled by MOM, so on and so on.

As far as I know, he hasn't officially been declared indigent and MOM isn't going to ask for that now.

ETA: People are not donating because of 'george appears poor'. At least I don't think so.

I have PayPal and I have transferred money to my bank account and I have had to wait about 2 days or so for the money to be in my account.

Are you sending her money from your own PayPal account? I'm not implying that you are lying, but if it's not money being exchanged in the exact same way as what GZ was doing, then it could vary.

https://www.paypal.com/helpcenter/m...yncharset=UTF-8&countrycode=CA&cmd=_help&m=BT

--i stand corrected !

--i also should have mentioned that i'm in canada, perhaps it's set up differently here.

BBM Bingo. Alleged liar. Just like the remark that GZ would be in jail longer. middle of this week , IIRC. But out of jail last Sunday.

Thanks Rotterdam, you just piqued my curiosity with your comments so now I need to think about things and do some research on this.

~jmo~

Mark Nejame was just on In Session... sounds like he's explaining/making excuses for O'Mara again, as in previous interviews I've seen, imo. Why O'Mara did this, why O'Mara did that, why it's all okay. Must be nice for O'Mara to have his 'friend', the man who passed him this very lucrative (money & PR) case, backing up his every move on InSession/HLN/CNN. jmo of course.

:moo:

The only issue with GZ having 150k IMO is taking off,but since MOM has control of the funds judge should not have a problem with it.Bail amount seems standard under the charges JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member