1994 Carrie Romine Unsolved Homicide

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tanningbed

Reaction score
30-year old homeless mother of four from Bakersfield, California was murdered in Knoxville, Tennessee November 20, 1994. She had been in Knoxville about three weeks. She struggled with drug addiction. Her body was discovered at 11 a.m., several hours after she was shot twice in the head by a 9 mm pistol. The shooting took place where the body was found, East Fifth Ave., which was a dangerous part of town. Many people took their last breath on that same street.

Theory #1: Carrie got into a dispute with another homeless person who left town the next day. Many homeless people are nomadic and only stay in Knoxville two days. Homeless people don't always check into the shelter. It was a heavily populated area, so it's highly likely another homeless person, prostitute, or drug dealer witnessed the murder. Maybe Carrie stole someone else's drugs or money and was shot in the process. We don't think she stayed in a shelter, but if she did, maybe someone there had an argument with her.

Theory #2: Carrie was shot and robbed of what little money she had, and possibly drugs. It is unknown if any money, etc. was found with Carrie.

Theory #3: Carrie ripped off a drug dealer who wanted to exact revenge.

Theory #4: Carrie saw something she shouldn't have, and the person wanted to eliminate her as a witness.

I recently read the victim was found dead outside an auto parts store when the employee opened up that morning. The auto parts store is still on East Fifth Ave. at Frazier Rd.

I couldn't find a photo of Carrie in the newspaper archives. Does anyone happen to have a photo of Carrie Elizabeth Romines who was originally from Bakersfield, California? She was murdered in Knoxville. The classmates.com website doesn't always show yearbook photos of every student.

I just found a website dedicated to Carrie. It was created by her sister. They don't know why she wAs in Knoxville. She had red hair.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back