2 Fox News People have been kidnapped

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
narlacat said:
Thanks IdahoMom.
It only happened just over a week ago, so I guess it's no surprise nothing has happened yet.
Betcha it feels more like months to Steve and Olaf though.
Hope they get out alive, I really do.
I'll bet they're very stressed, if they are still alive.
The article I posted said that most groups will take responsibility right away and that this is very unusual. Their families must be sick with worry! :(

Was thinking about them today.
No word, and Fox is so quiet.....
They must still be alive........really....

A group previously unheard of has claimed responsiblity and released a tape of them on Al-Jazeera, they look well and they say they are being treated well, but the group has given 72 hours for all Muslim prisoners in American jails to be released...they don't say they will kill them but that is what is implied. SO scary. Pray for them!!

englishleigh said:
A group previously unheard of has claimed responsiblity and released a tape of them on Al-Jazeera, they look well and they say they are being treated well, but the group has given 72 hours for all Muslim prisoners in American jails to be released...they don't say they will kill them but that is what is implied. SO scary. Pray for them!!

Oh, man. I will pray.

I am surprised at how incredibly calm they seem to be. I hope they are released soon.

englishleigh said:

i saw that as i came in the door, from work...

Kidnapped Fox journalists convert to Islam on video

GAZA (Reuters) - Two kidnapped Fox journalists appeared on a new videotape released by their captors on Sunday in the Gaza Strip, in which the reporters said they had converted to Islam, the Fox News Channel said.

Palestinian Interior Minister Saeed Seyam said efforts were under way to secure within hours the release of Fox correspondent Steve Centanni, a 60-year-old American, and New Zealand-born cameraman Olaf Wiig, 36.

Both journalists appeared to be in good health in the new video. They were seized on August 14.

They were shown separately sitting cross-legged, reading a statement which Fox said was an announcement that they had converted to Islam. At times in the video they were wearing long Muslim robes.

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=newsOne&storyID=2006-08-27T080450Z_01_L24549716_RTRUKOC_0_US-MIDEAST-GAZA-KIDNAPPINGS.xml&WTmodLoc=Home-C1-TopStories-newsOne-2

Journalists Released
FOX News journalists freed
Captors free Olaf Wiig, Steve Centanni, who were kidnapped Aug. 14 in Gaza
http://www.foxnews.com/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14536563/
GAZA CITY, Gaza City - Militants in the Gaza Strip released two kidnapped journalists from the American Fox News Channel on Sunday after the men appeared on a videotape saying they had converted to Islam, Fox said.

Fox said correspondent Steve Centanni, a 60-year-old American, and New Zealand-born cameraman Olaf Wiig, 36, were in a hotel in the Palestinian coastal strip.

They hugged colleagues inside the hotel lobby before running up the stairs to a higher floor, Fox News footage showed.

Thank God...I saw video this morning of them, they look great and as they walked into the Fox News Middle East bureau, one of the dark-haired male reporters just threw himself into Steve's arms and they just hugged and hugged. Thank you, Lord, for their safe return.

WONDERFUL...:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Like they really reformed to Islam:razz:

This is really great news, thanks for posting.

Thank God! They're really not covering this too much, I guess with the plane crash, that's probably more important.

Fox has been covering it as well as Ernesto and the plane crash. They also said they have been working behind the scenes 24/7 on their release, but couldn't really comment on the air about it.

It was mentioned that they did say they "converted". They had a gun to their heads. They said what was necessary to stay alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juliehollz
Back