2 sets of sextuplets born 10 hours apart

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am 35 and have been trying to get prego with #2 for about 5-6 months. My husband is a pharmaceutical rep and works out of town alot so its been tough this time around.

If I am not prego in 2 or 3 months I'll have to resort to fertility treatments, although I ovulate just fine, I hope I do not need the injectables that these women took.

I did find out that my insurance through my husband does cover injectable fertility treatments, 3 cycles in a lifetime. I am really hesitant to go this route. Since I ovulate fine I am hoping I do not need that. So why I am not getting pregnant is unknown but my husbby travelling alot does not help.
I have a friend who tried and tried for about a year to get prego no luck the doctor said she had some condition and there was no hope for her to get prego so she and her hubby adopted a baby boy. They wanted another but because she had been told she had a problem and another year of trying with no luck they went to IVF after other things and after a few cycles of IVF she got pregnant and had twin girls the next thing you know like less than 6 months later she was pregnant again the old way. She was shocked they weren't even trying and she had been told she could not get pregnant. The doctor said all the stress she had placed on herself to become pregnant could have been keeping her from getting pregnant. As soon as they stopped trying put it out of their minds it happened. He will be getting fixed. My point is stress can keep you from getting prego so relax. Just think of all those unwed unplanned pregancies that envolve people not stressing over getting prego or thinking about it for that matter.

For those who wondered about how the Morrisons were going to pay for the astronomical medical bills, they are now incorporated. You can donate to the Morrison Sextuplet Corporation here:

www.morrison6.com

JBean~ For your congrats a few pages back, thank you! I'm excited, but nervous. :)

For those who wondered about how the Morrisons were going to pay for the astronomical medical bills, they are now incorporated. You can donate to the Morrison Sextuplet Corporation here:

www.morrison6.com

JBean~ For your congrats a few pages back, thank you! I'm excited, but nervous. :)

Awww Don't be nervous!! You will be just fine ... Be confident in yourself.

Spazcat, I know several people the same thing happend to.
In the one case they adopted a baby and then BAM within a month she was pregnant!

Thanks Carpe for the Link!
I am going to read it now:)

I laughed at the title because I use to say the same thing to my friend who has twins.

Hi, to answer the previous question, I am sure the problem is not my husband. He has 3 kids from his first marriage aged 13-19 and we have a 2 1/2 year old.

My husbands mom had 17 kids, all by the same man. My hubby is 6th oldest. Talk about fertile myrtle. I am infertile Myrtle lol. IUt does take a little longer once you are in your mid 30's so my DR said to keep trying.

Hi, to answer the previous question, I am sure the problem is not my husband. He has 3 kids from his first marriage aged 13-19 and we have a 2 1/2 year old.

My husbands mom had 17 kids, all by the same man. My hubby is 6th oldest. Talk about fertile myrtle. I am infertile Myrtle lol. IUt does take a little longer once you are in your mid 30's so my DR said to keep trying.

17????? Can anyone here imagine??
Nocgirl... I agree with spaz on this .... relax and it will happen.

It also should be noted that often unless someone is going through Fertility treatments the exact date of conception is only accurate within a week or two...

Unless, of course, the times of getting together with your mate and doing the deed are few and far between! My spouse travels alot for work, so we knew the exact date the pregnancy occurred, which coincided with the later-determined gestational age.

Awful news. Awful, but not completely surprising considering how fragile these babies are.

Only 2 out of 6 left, I really, really hope they make it. :(

Me too, I had really thought because we had no heard of any more deaths for a while the remaining three would be Ok, well live. I can't even think of how hard it would be to go from the hope of 6 children to having four dead and two hanging on by a string. I know most would blame the parents for having the 6 an once but I feel we are past that point. Now we should just hope and pray that the remaining two are OK.

I am 35 and have been trying to get prego with #2 for about 5-6 months. My husband is a pharmaceutical rep and works out of town alot so its been tough this time around.

If I am not prego in 2 or 3 months I'll have to resort to fertility treatments, although I ovulate just fine, I hope I do not need the injectables that these women took.

I did find out that my insurance through my husband does cover injectable fertility treatments, 3 cycles in a lifetime. I am really hesitant to go this route. Since I ovulate fine I am hoping I do not need that. So why I am not getting pregnant is unknown but my husbby travelling alot does not help.

Nocgirl - The same thing happened to us. We were trying for our 2nd for about 5 months. I mentioned this to my doc during my "yearly" checkup. She told us to relax, take a bubblebath together, drink some wine...anything to just be a "couple" and get our minds off of trying to conceive. So we did that. Also at the time my mom was very sick and we knew she would not be with any longer. So between hubby and I rekindling our relationship and my mom being so sick, my mind was definitely not on having another baby. And Ta-da...2 weeks after my mom passed away (3 weeks after that doc appt) I found out I was pregnant. So relax, take a bubblebath together and drink some wine. :dance: But be careful.... we just had our 3rd... a surprise baby that we were NOT planning on. :D

Good luck to you Sweetie!!

Me too, I had really thought because we had no heard of any more deaths for a while the remaining three would be Ok, well live. I can't even think of how hard it would be to go from the hope of 6 children to having four dead and two hanging on by a string. I know most would blame the parents for having the 6 an once but I feel we are past that point. Now we should just hope and pray that the remaining two are OK.

Great post! I agree... prayers for the remaining 2 and their parents.

Oh dear 4 have passed now? How terrible.

I hope more women realize how ridiculous it is to get pregnant with 6 in the first place. This stuff is being taken far too lightly.

The Masche family has posted an update on their site along with pictures of the babies. Although they are all still very small mom and dad have been able to change and bathe them. They are all breathing on their own which they had been doing since the day after they were born but in a few of the pictures they don't have any tubes or wires, that I can see. they seem alert and have their eye's open in many of the pictures. I'm happy everything seems to be going well for them, so far.
http://www.maschemiracles.com/

Wow! They look good in the pics. The last one of the Mom's tummy about a week before delivery was scary, unbelievable our skin and insides can stretch so much.

at 22 weeks it is such a gamble. even an extra few days at that point would greatly have improved chances, but you can't make babies stay put if birth is going to happen. so sorry for this family - hope the two who have survived are growing stronger each day. they are in my thoughts

Oh dear 4 have passed now? How terrible.

I hope more women realize how ridiculous it is to get pregnant with 6 in the first place. This stuff is being taken far too lightly.

OK, not that this is my area of expertise or anything, but as a medical professional I can see why doctors could say to a couple - only put in so many embryos, or, if a large number of embryos implant, offer selective reduction due to the risk to mother and the other babies...
but as a mother and as a person with my personal beliefs... I could never do selective reduction, or if I had unused embryos... I would feel that those would have to be implanted (either to myself or by donation to another couple). so if i was in a situation where i was pregnant with 6 babies because, let's say for example - i had had treatments three times before, hadn't had any successes, and my doc said this is our last go, let's put our six embryos in - and all stuck by some miracle - i could never selectively reduce. my personal beliefs. i think that happens in these situations more than you'd think - they have multiple unsuccessful attempts, then when they do have a successful attempt they have multiple babies.

I also think it is unfair to judge these parents when they did nothing out of the ordinary and followed their doctor's advice, except for the selective reduction. I can hardly blame them for that. Getting pregnant with six was incredibly unlikely, and we have only heard about it because of how unusual it is. People use these fertility drugs and methods all the time without any of these complications.

Every single day in America singleton babies are born too early and struggle to survive, almost always because of something completely out of the mother's control. One in eight babies are premature and, while there are risk factors, doctors and researchers still can't accurately pinpoint who will make it to term and who will deliver early.

http://marchofdimes.com/prematurity/21191.asp

Premature birth accounts for more than 17% of all infant death in the US.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lamonara
Back