20/20 - Josh Powell Told Sons He Had 'Surprise' For Them, Social Worker

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably not the right thread but I just saw this--a released photo of JP at the bank doing his 7000 withdrawal.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=19183339&s_cid=article-popular-2

Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for the bank info.

Boy, he sure had some dark circles under those evil eyes. He had them during the court hearing also.

I bet he did not sleep a wink before the hearing until this heinous act.

He had probably just been sitting up days and nights planning this out.

He makes me sick. His <mod snip> family is supposed to be on Dr. Phil today.
I need to get busy and put away all throwable items to keep my TV safe.

<mod snip>

okay the WTAE news was BS........they never mentioned the BEFORE........all they mentioned was the axe being used before fire....media hype once again.......sorry I thought jp
had a trial run, but does not seem so.

Ya know, none of us would doubt he was capable of that now....

Troyer (via satellite) on Dr. Phil now.

Ed Troyer: pre-meditated; we're setting up timeline now; we backed up 24-36 hrs (purchase of gas).

Thanks for posting this. I've been waiting for the bank info.

Boy, he sure had some dark circles under those evil eyes. He had them during the court hearing also.

I bet he did not sleep a wink before the hearing until this heinous act.

He had probably just been sitting up days and nights planning this out.

He makes me sick. His psycho family is supposed to be on Dr. Phil today.
I need to get busy and put away all throwable items to keep my TV safe.

I am enraged his side of the family (aside from Jennifer Graves) is probably going to be paid for all these interviews and make some serious money; possibly enough to bail SP out of jail.

I was reading too fast and read the above bolded phrase as 'my throwable tv'--meaning a disposable one you could throw across the room when frustrated. :doh: I was going to ask you where you got it--I could have used it during the Casey Anthony trial.

I was reading too fast and read the above bolded phrase as 'my throwable tv'--meaning a disposable one you could throw across the room when frustrated. :doh: I was going to ask you where you got it--I could have used it during the Casey Anthony trial.

I probably could throw it. It' pretty light. LOL.

Luckily, it's Susan's side of the famil on Dr. Phil right now. But I will keep things away or restrain myself during the 20/20 & Dateline shows tonight.

I'm so disturbed. Do you think he said he had a surprise for him to get him to the room/area they found the bodies in??

Poor sweet boys!

Either that or I am so afraid he said that to make Charlie turn around so he could wield the axe on him. I prefer to think it did not happen like that, though.

Either that or I am so afraid he said that to make Charlie turn around so he could wield the axe on him. I prefer to think it did not happen like that, though.

BBM. Unfortunately, that is what I think due to the social worker hearing Braden cry out.

Charlie was biggest of the 2 boys and Braden had a sore/healing foot, so Braden could not have fought back like Charlie.

Sadly, that leaves a picture in my head that is quite disturbing for me, so I can only imagine how the poor social worker feels.

She will have the sounds of the boys, the smell of gasoline, the feeling of the house exploding, and the sight of the fire. I don't know how you would get over something like that. Honestly.

I just caught the end of Dr. Phil. Ann Bremner looks like a truck ran over her. I mean she really looks devastated.

I don't know where to post this, but did anyone watch Dr. Phil and see the video of one of the explosions of the house.

WOW! Just Wow!

I still wonder how many gallons of gasoline was in the mini-van? I wondered why he didn't park the vehicle outside of the garage in order to let someone have it.

The only conclusions are he purposefully filled the van up for the added fuel and also to keep from them from searching the van.

Does anyone know if LE searched the vehicle for any blood?

I

Does anyone know if LE searched the vehicle for any blood?

RS

LE took the van when Susan first went missing, IDK what they tested for, but would think they looked for blood. That is when JP rented the car and put hundreds of miles on it in 24 hours.

When I heard about JP's words to his son, my first thought was, "Sounds like he saw The Shining one too many times." I have a feeling that to him, in a way, this was all play-acting. Taking his family's lives was a big game.

(Edit: I see a couple of people already mentioned The Shining - apologies, I'm posting from my phone. But that makes me more sure than ever that that's where JP got it.)

don't want to sound cruel, but on another thread I read that both boys were hit on the BACK of their necks... :maddening:

I had not heard about the hatchet until this show. I am so disgusted. Poor babies.

RS

LE took the van when Susan first went missing, IDK what they tested for, but would think they looked for blood. That is when JP rented the car and put hundreds of miles on it in 24 hours.

They also took it when they did the search of sp's house just before his arrest. I remember discussing it here and thinking they may.have put a gps tracker on it at that time.

What the hatchet also shows to me is that JP didn't just kill in "passive" ways - like starting a fire or leaving someone to freeze in the snow. He was willing to hit someone with just one blow, sufficient to incapacitate them. That takes a reasonable amount of intent and force, and means he didn't have a problem with blood either.

What the hatchet also shows to me is that JP didn't just kill in "passive" ways - like starting a fire or leaving someone to freeze in the snow. He was willing to hit someone with just one blow, sufficient to incapacitate them. That takes a reasonable amount of intent and force, and means he didn't have a problem with blood either.

Good point. He may have had a "big surprise" for Susan out in the desert that dark, cold night.

Did they report in the media about the hatchet besides 20/20?

Did they report in the media about the hatchet besides 20/20?

Yes, that detail came out before 20/20 announced their special.

Feb. 6th:

Powell and his sons died of smoke inhalation, Pierce County Medical Examiner's Office investigator Melissa Baker said Monday. However, the Powell boys also suffered "chop injuries" that contributed to their deaths. Charles, 7, was struck on his neck and while Braden, 5, had injuries to both his head and neck, Baker said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...nned-fire-dead-boys-found-with-chop-injuries/

Feb. 7th:

The sons of Josh Powell, who were just 7 and 5, suffered what police described as "chop wounds" to their heads and necks before the Graham, Wash., home went up in flames as a helpless social worker looked on Sunday. The cause of death for all three is believed to be smoke inhalation.

The grisly new details emerged as investigators combed through the charred rubble of the home Monday and released new details about the horrifying climax to a long, bizarre saga.

"This was definitely a deliberate, planned-out event," Pierce County Sheriff's Detective Ed Troyer said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/0...some-time-planning-fire-that-killed-him-sons/

I guess this is as good a place as any to put this excellent article since it does mention the 20/20 interview.

Powell story was test for newspaper

Our coverage in today&#8217;s paper of the memorial for Charlie and Braden Powell marks the end of an emotional week for our community and one that tested the newsroom as we tried to be thorough but sensitive on a story that drew national coverage.

We debated many times how to cover the agonizing details that seeped out day after day.

Shortly after the killings, we requested an interview with the social worker who took the Powell boys to their father&#8217;s house last Sunday. She declined our request, saying she was too upset, and asked that we not use her name. We honored her wishes, trying to give some space to this woman who obviously was suffering. She didn&#8217;t speak with Seattle broadcasters, either, although some named her right away.

Suddenly midweek, ABC&#8217;s &#8220;20/20&#8221; announced its exclusive interview with Elizabeth Griffin-Hall that aired in full Friday night. The way it came about left some wondering how the network got the interview.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/...per.html#storylink=omni_popular#storylink=cpy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ms.green