2008.07.22 Shirley P. Interview (Cindy's Mother)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think it's weird at all. I think naturally when someones gone(even if you don't know if they are dead or alive, or even if they are alive and you just haven't seen them in a while) you may start speaking in past tense...because those things are a 'were' or a 'was'. I think if you notice it you may go back to speaking present tense bc you want it to still be the present.

After my sister died my step mom talked about her in present tense for years! I thought that was weird! I went back and forth for a while(not years though). I really see nothing odd in that.

Good catch you two! Also, Granny said CA had not seen Caylee since June 9.

Lee talked of Caylee in the past tense as well in his interview with LE when they were talking about potty training; "she was almost there".

Oh yeah! I totally forgot to mention the recording on her phone! Didn't she call it a child like jibber jabber? Too weird.

Does anyone have a link to listen to the Shirley Plesea audio interview? Thanks.

I'm going to go out on a limb here....but the phone calls to Gma with the childish jibberish....sounds like a call from beyond....

Could be just a prank with people fooling around, who knows maybe the protesters were messing around.

The phone calls to grandma sounded to me like somebody butt-dialed her with the cell phone and didn't realize it. I'd love to know when she got those calls.

i don't know if this has been mentioned (probably has!) but i was just reading this interview with shirley, she mentioned the phone call on her answering machine of a child jabbering....didnt jesse grund talk to casey (it was after june15) and didnt he say he thought he heard caylee in the background? a recording also???

FWIW, I looked it up once before, and would be happy to look it up again...

If someone wants to look-up the last 4-digits of Shirley's phone number again I'd be happy to check.

What is your evidence of elderly abuse committed by LE? That's a serious and shocking allegation, of which I've seen absolutely no indication from anyone, anywhere.

Financial crimes against the elderly (age 65+) are considered felonies in
California. Anyone know what the Florida statutes say about Elder Abuse?
I've been puzzled throughout why there was no felony charge of EA filed
against KC since parents', grandmother's and bank's accounts supported
that such abuse had, in fact, occurred.

I hope that Shirley P. is getting along OK as she seems like such a nice person.

Verité;3316259 said:
Financial crimes against the elderly (age 65+) are considered felonies in
California. Anyone know what the Florida statutes say about Elder Abuse?
I've been puzzled throughout why there was no felony charge of EA filed
against KC since parents', grandmother's and bank's accounts supported
that such abuse had, in fact, occurred.

http://www.agingcarefl.org/aging/elderAbuse
Florida Law requires that any person who knows, or has reasonable cause to suspect, that a vulnerable adult has been or is being abused, neglected, or exploited shall immediately report such knowledge or suspicion to the Florida Abuse Hotline

Abuse may be physical, mental, emotional, or sexual. Neglect can be self-neglect or neglect by a caregiver. A caregiver may be a family member, an in-home paid worker, a staff person of a program such as an adult day care center or of a facility such as a nursing home, or another person. Exploitation means that a person in a position of trust knowingly, by deception and intimidation, obtains and uses or tries to obtain and use a vulnerable person's funds, assets, or property. This includes failure to use the vulnerable person's income and assets to provide for the necessities required for that person's care.

-snipped-
Abuse may be physical, mental, emotional, or sexual. Neglect can be self-neglect or neglect by a caregiver. A caregiver may be a family member, an in-home paid worker, a staff person of a program such as an adult day care center or of a facility such as a nursing home, or another person. Exploitation means that a person in a position of trust knowingly, by deception and intimidation, obtains and uses or tries to obtain and use a vulnerable person's funds, assets, or property. This includes failure to use the vulnerable person's income and assets to provide for the necessities required for that person's care.

I don't see any abuse from LE, BUT couldn't they get Casey for stealing from her grandfather's nursing home account???? Add another felony to the list she already has! (Although if it required the grandparents to participate in going after Casey, I can see why they wouldn't pursue this avenue.)

Is there not a second interview with with Shirley when she does talk about the checks KC stole, where she said she didn't want to press charges (at the time of discovery) to spare Caylee and Cindy, who already had enough troubles with KC?

Or was this from the emails? TIA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95
Back