2008.07.28 Lee A. Interview

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello WS :)

Interview with Lee continued.

LE: So she's kind of putting the car and the...
LA: She, she...
LE: Not wanting to co-operate...
LA: ...she might be going that.
LE: ...and you know...
LA: Exactly
LE: ...the totality...
LA: She...
LE: ...of it leads one off the bat to believe?
LA: Right
LE: Okay
LA: She may, she, that may have been her thought process but she said, "what have you done? why are you crying? what's going on?" But I remember the first thing out of her mouth...
LE: Well what was your sister's, what was the facial expression on your sister at that time? Do you remember?
LA: Oh, well she kind of wet up. And I can tell you she, she, her eyes were watered. She had been crying. Now its not bawling mind you, she had been crying. But when my mother came in and started. "What's going on?", and when my sister said, "I don't know where, where Caylee is," again her voice escalates when my mom gets in the room almost combatively(note:not a real word: there is no right spelling for it). Uh, my sister, when she explains that to my mom, "I don't know where Caylee is." And then my mother immediately goes, "who took her? who took her?" And, and, and then Casey goes, "uhm, the nanny did. She was kidnapped mom." And then that's when my mother kind of hit her fist on the bed and said, "we could have found her a month ago, why did you wait?" And at that point my sister is done crying, she's, now they're fighting about you know, this stuff in the past instead of trying to focus on the information we need to get.
LE: There is a genuine wedge between your mother and your sister, isn't there?
LA: Uh, from seeing...
LE: There's some kind of...
LA: ...that...
LE: ...competition type...
LA: ...there...
LE: ...thing maybe?
LA: There had to be. Uh, there has to be. Whether its an intentional or what, I know my mother has said on numerous occasions to me and even to uh, Yuri and the other, and the other guys that uhm, she feels as if Casey has some sort of resentment to my mother. That my mother has been the provider of Caylee, even down to the extent that my mother was the first person to hold Caylee out of the womb. So, my, my mom is convinced that my sister holds some, some kind of resentment to her.
LE: So outside looking in, a child has a child and the first person to hold is the mother, that's really not receptive to the whole idea anyway because she's looking down at her because it was a mistake? So, maybe some resentment towards that, which you just said.
LA: Uh-hum
LE: And then the constant, constant statements that you're unaware when they happened that...
LE: ...she's the best mistake you ever did? So, its harsh, harsh judgement almost?
LA: Sure
LE: And she's living under the thumb of that?
LA: Sure. Absolutely.
LE: Maybe your interpretation?
LA: Absolutely. I think that's definitely, that could at least be her uh, her, the, what she's taking out of that...
(skip)
LA: Uh-hum, absolutely. So Casey could definitely have, have, have felt that, absolutely. Uhm, and of course, I mean anything that you feel with your, with your, you know to your, that you, ah, however you are being pr...portrayed from your family, I mean you're going to try to do whatever you can to hopefully right that.
LE: Uh-huh
LA: And I think that's what Casey was trying to get at when she was saying they should have called, they should have been called a long time ago. I thin she was trying to say that you know, you have been enabling me. It has been too easy, and I should have been, you know...
LE: Held to task?
LA: Yeah, exactly. Held accountable for all this stuff, you know...
LE: Thirty-one days ago?
LA: Well I'm not even talking specifically about...
LA: ...this. I'm talking...
LE: ...more...
LA: ...uh...
LE: ...more so?
LA: Exactly. Because again, this was before she even said that Caylee had been kidnapped. You know I'm just talking about the whole, the money and, and all that kind of stuff.
LE: For her to be a better provider and a better adult maybe?
LA: Right, exactly. So at this point in time I was, I ran out to the kitchen, hoping to grab a pad and paper, you know, a pad and a pen so I could start asking my sister who, where, what, why, so I can have this info ready to go, or I could even start myself looking into it. And by the time I got back with the sheet of paper my mother had already called 911 again. That was that, you know, that other 911 ticket was released. Called it again to say, you know, she just admitted that you know she's kidnapped, we have to find her you know, whatever. When my mother was in the other room on that call that's when I was sitting there with my sister with this pad and paper saying okay, so give me something, you know. And then the first thing I asked her is, where have you been staying? I don't know why I asked her that question first. It was just the, it was the first thing that popped in my mind.
LE: Uh-hum
LA: Uhm, and she told me, you know about Tony's house. So she didn't know the address, but she knew it was Sutton Place and Tony's name. So I'm writing down Tony L, you know, and Sutton Place.
LE: And you mom was just there earlier with Amy?
LA: Yes
LE: So you kind of, you were able to get that location from mom and Amy as well, or mom?
LA: Well, I had, remember I had not conversed with my mom about how all this went down.
LE: Right, okay.
LA: You know...
LA: ...I had just heard about this later on. I, I was new to all of this. All of it. Uhm, so you know I was just taking down what I could but I couldn't even get Tony L and Sutton Place written down on this pad of paper uh, before uhm the officer, the first responding officer was, waked into the room and was kind of starting to question you know, my sister.
LA: So that is my best recollection of everything and uh, I mean at that point I was just trying to figure out how I can be in, how I can contact you know, these people.
LE: You go through the, though the communication you said about your mom getting a hold of Amy and going over to Tony's apartment.
LA: Uh-huh
LE: Uhm, later in that, late night the 15th, early morning of the 16th, you tell me that you went over to Tony's apartment and collected your sister's belongings?
LE: Is that your father?
LA: Yeah
(George is calling to see where Lee is at)
(skip)
LE: Okay, so you went and you picked up. Give me that list of items again.
LA: Sure uhm...
LE: From Tony's apartment at Sutton Place.
LA: Yes, uhm, this was uhm around midnight. I went and picked up uhm, my sister's laptop. Uhm, well its actually my mom's laptop, but you know, my sister was, she's had it for that past month or so, so uh, the laptop, uhm, a very large uhm, leopard print duffel bag that had all of her clothing and items uhm, in there. Uhm, a uhm, a backpack, a white backpack with kind of a uh, you know a pattern or you now a symbol on that uhm, that also had some more clothing items in there. Uhm a large purse and some, you now some, some kind of you know, female items. You know things like her toiletries and that kind of stuff. And then also a, a more slender black bag that I ended up using as the bag for the laptop. I figured that's how she was carrying it around. There was some paperwork and things like that in there. And uhm, all of it was extremely organized and...
LE: The, the bag?
(continued)

:cow:

Chiquita, now that I read it again a year later, Lee actually did give LE quite a lot of good stuff in this, didn't he? Must have been before his mother gave him his script.

Thanks for the refresher course Chiquita, it's amazing how much of this I have forgotten.
Metalcrystal, he did answer honestly at first, sigh... wish he would have continued down that path.

July 29, 2008
Lee Anthony's Statement to LE

LA: And I felt like she was only willing to open up to me at this point now that I've gotten through to her. You know, when's the last, when, when, you know and all these questions. And, and that's when she goes, "she was kidnapped." And she wasn't speaking in details, she was speaking in generalities and as soon as that started happening my mother realized that I'm whispering to my sister, she gets you know, smart to the situation and realizes my sister is saying something and busts into the room. And again, the door wasn't shut or anything, but she comes into the room, sees that my sister was crying, and she said, and actually the first thing she asked her, she says, "What have you done?"
LE: Really?
LA: That's the first question my mom asks her.

Respectfully snipped for space, bold changed for emphasis

And that, my friends, says it all! Cindy knew Casey was capable of doing something horrific!!

Casey says 31 days...she was counting, she knew exactly how many days - hasn't seen her from the 15th on...meaning she didn't see her on the 16th??

I guess this could go both ways - if she was missing, you would count the days or - if you did the deed, for your freedom or to be spiteful or both, you would count the days...

Something about her going from saying she'll just tell the cops (who she believes are on their way) Caylee is with the Nanny or sleeping to suddenly confessing to Lee that she hasn't seen her for 31 days just sets alarms off in the house of weird in my head.

(continued)
(skip)
LA: Absolutely a hundred percent. It is my firm belief that someone else packed that bag for her when I went to pick it up. It is my firm belief of that. I did not get to convey that to you before because I probably just forgot.
(paraphrased) Tony went looking for Amy's checkbook, put it on the dresser. Lee tells Tony to give it to Amy.
LE: And you take these times and you take them home?
LE: Tell me about your sister's wallet.
LA: Uhm when I got home and uhm, brought all the, everything inside the house uhm, there was one of the officers that had first responded, she was still there. She was in the living room with my mother and father.
(skip)
LA: It was actually someone I went to school with, so, I forget her name. It was a, it was a lady. The first responding officer.
(skip)
LA: Uhm, and I brought all the items inside and my mom said, "I want to go through the stuff." And the officer said, "Dump it out on the ground."
LE: Giving her permission to go through the stuff?
LA: Per...exactly. so, my mother...
LE: Now at this time your sister's gone with, with uh, the detectives?
LA: No my sister is still outside uhm, hold on. Let me make sure that I'm not incorrect on this.
LE: Yeah, because if you're, if you're...
LA: It was 2:25 when I got back to the house.
LE: A.M.?
LA: 2:25 A.M. because I remember looking at the clock and I remember thinking wow, its been two hours, or a little over two hours that I was gone because I left ar...the house around midnight.
LE: I'm thinking Yuri...
LA: I know it was 2:25
LE: ...probably already got your sister in the car driving around looking at stuff. Because the call came in...
LA: It's, it's possible. Uh, what I can tell you is I did remember there was a large gathering of officers...
LA: ...at uh, around a vehicle when I was taking the, the bags out of my car uhm, around the garage. But my sister, they had my sister in a circle, or in a, or in a car like that previously. So me saying that for a fact she, they was there or wasn't there...
LE: Did they know that you were bringing...
LA: I actually thought she was there.
LE: Okay. And she may have been. It may have been...
(skip)
LE: Now did they know that these bags, the content of those bags was items that you just went and collected?
LA: I was never, I never held anything back from them because I had actually originally offered to go get the cell phone. And they had went prior to, I want to say about 11 o'clock and returned with the cell phone and started calling all the contacts.
(skip)
LA: Uhm, so I, when I came back with all the items of Casey's from Tony's stuff they were, my mother and father were encouraged to dump those items out. They did. Uhm, and of course they started going through it and...
LE: Mom sees her JC Penny's card?
LA: Yes, oh, okay, exactly. So for the wallet, just they had just dumped the things out and started going through the things. The officer actually when the stuff was being dumped out left. She wasn't even in, in the house when the items were being dumped into the ground. Uhm, she left and came back Uhm...
LE: You'll have to excuse my facial expression.
LA: Huh?
LE: But go ahead.
LA: Yeah, it struck me as odd too, that's why I mention it. (laughs)
LE: (inaudible)
LA: Uhm, she did leave and come back inside, just her again. And when my mother at that point had opened up my sister's wallet, she had actually already opened my sister's wallet because she was looking through the contents of this large wallet, saw unfolded, it had to be a minimum of a hundred and forty, maybe as much as two hundred dollars just from seeing the number of bills, straight twenty dollar bills that were taken out. And the reason why I know the officer wasn't in there is because my mom grabbed the money and goes, and, and put it in her pocket. and no one else was in there.
(skip)
LA: So as the officer comes back inside the house when my mother already has the wallet open and is continuing to go through the wallet that's when my mother is showing the officer, "Look, this is my JC Penny card that she took from me. Look this is another card that she took from me." But as my uhm, mother went to take out my sister's identification from that little sleeved you know, that clear sleeve that you can see through, uhm immediately the officer's had went in there and grabbed something that was behind the ID. It looked to me like the old style drivers license, or learners permit or something like that. That's what I assumed but it struck me ad I noticed it because of how quickly the officer went in and grabbed that. Uh, I couldn't tell you for sure what it was, but...
LE: You said there were other I.D's in there too maybe? Because when you were rattling off the other stuff...
LA: Oh, I was just saying that there was a driver's license and probably this other I.D. of her's.
LE: Like an I.D. card or something maybe?
LA: Right, I'm...
LE: ...or who know's what?
LA: ...I'm assuming that's what got snatched from the...
LA: ...that the officer grabbed. But if, again, I can only attest to I saw one driver's license. It looks a lot like the newer versions like, you know mine. It has all those holograms on it and stuff on it. Uhm, aside form whatever that other more predominately white, I, I'm just calling it...
LE: You don't know what it was?
LA: ...an I.D. because it was shaped as one and I'm, that's my best guess on what it would have been. But I did not see any other form of identification in there whatsoever.
(skip)
LE: Three guys really in play. Tell me about those three people.
LA: Sure, absolutely.
LE: By, just by name.
LA: Sure, uhm I'd say that would be Richardo M, uh, Jesse G. and uhm, Tony, but I believe its Anthony L.
LE: Okay, and you say that she had just about the about the time frame that she started going missing is when she was transitioning from the, her relationship with Richardo to Tony?
(skip)
LE: ...talking to mom and dad, the date of the gas can incident, tell me about the gas can incident first.
LA: Sure
LE: ...at your parents house.
LA: Uh, and this has been, I've just been able to piece this together from hearing form my father and mother and through, and from Tony uhm L. Was about a week prior to the time when the sunfire ran out of gas at the amscot, about a week prior to that uhm, my sister had run out of gas close to home. Called Tony to come get her, Tony brought my sister per her request to my, my parents house. He stayed, my sister asked him to stay in his vehicle while she goes inside to get uh, gas cans. Uhm, so he explained it as her being inside for at least, you know, what would probably be ten or fifteen minutes. Enough time for a few songs to play on the radio.
LE: So Tony took her to your house, to your mom's house in his jeep?
LA: I have no idea what, what vehicle.
LE: And you don't know how they got there?
LA: No
LE: But they just got there to get some gas?
LA: Exactly. Uhm, so Casey you know, they're...emerged with her, with the, with the gas cans. But uh, when I heard about the gas can story from uh, my my father was that he said that someone had, because we have these little padlocks on our sheds in the back. Uhm, typically we don't even keep them locked, uhm someone had broken into the shed, taken the gas cans out and uhm he was pretty sure it was Casey. And then it was able, we were able later to find out that it absolutely was. Tony said that Casey did indeed get the gas cans. He didn't know she had stolen them though. (laughs)
LE: Yeah
LA: And um, Casey uhm, I guess had admitted to my father uhm, during a, a, a brief uh, stint where she had just popped in at the house, when she gave the gas cans back.
(skip)

LE: The second time then, that you dad was home and hears rooting around in the house? Not on the 20th, the day, you know not that Friday before or thereabout that she ran out of gas?
LA: Uh-huh
LE: A week before the Amscot on the 27th?
LA: Somewhere in between.
LE: Somewhere in between there, okay.
LA: Somewhere between the 20th and the 27th.
LE: Somewhere uh...
LA: And again, the 20th is an appropriate date when she would have run out of gas.

(skip)
(continued)

Some of LA's friend's have gone on a trip to - of all place - Puerto Rico. Anyone think that he may have joined them? Where is he? He's been MIA for over a week now. Very strange.
Such a coincidence...Puerto Rico...maybe he's searching for the illusive Zenaida in an attempt to save his sister from a murder conviction. Hinky...

I think Lee has had a plan all along about how to get information from KC. I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't trying to stay in her trust and make her think he totally believed everything she said once it became clear there was something off so that she would perhaps one day tell him what really happened.

In the interview it's clear he has already done some sleuth work on his own and came forward with it to LE with a very cooperative attitude. He might not believe KC murdered Caylee, but he knows that KC knows more than she is letting on and that she is lying.

I know that the high-five Lee and KC did reflected badly on him, but, again, we don't know his motives for anything he is currently doing or how he is relating to his sister generally.

Well, remember.. she was misdirecting him. Trying to get him to chase his tail at Blanchard.

Sorry. Had to go somewhere. I will be posting the rest of this interview later. I just found it interesting to hear what was being said: "in the beginning" again. With all the information I get confused.

Such a coincidence...Puerto Rico...maybe he's searching for the illusive Zenaida in an attempt to save his sister from a murder conviction. Hinky...
NB - My original comment was made a LOONG time ago. I have no idea where LA is now!

MOO

Thanks Chiquita71! It is amazing how open LA was to the officers during this interview. He doesn't have any problem airing the dirty laundry that is his sister. Mama bear must have worked real hard to reel him in to the A way of thinking since this interview. Oh well this can be used at trial during questioning of LA and that is a good thing.:woohoo:

I think, single-handedly, big bro did more damage to his sister's case than anyone else (even Mamma Bear)! He may be trying to do all that he can to backtrack now but what is done is done and he "done good".

MOO

LA: Uhm, she did leave and come back inside, just her again. And when my mother at that point had opened up my sister's wallet, she had actually already opened my sister's wallet because she was looking through the contents of this large wallet, saw unfolded, it had to be a minimum of a hundred and forty, maybe as much as two hundred dollars just from seeing the number of bills, straight twenty dollar bills that were taken out. And the reason why I know the officer wasn't in there is because my mom grabbed the money and goes, and, and put it in her pocket. and no one else was in there.

Ya know, I get a bit disgusted, just like I did a year ago.:furious:
CA taking money out of the wallet, I know for a FACT that would be the LAST *&%**&@@&& thing on my *&@@*!@##$$ mind!!!:furious:

CA taking money out of the wallet, I know for a FACT that would be the LAST *&%**&@@&& thing on my *&@@*!@##$$ mind!!!:furious:

To me, that is one act that shows EXACTLY what kind of person CA really is.....:sick:

Like mother, like daughter...

You are so right!! I keep thinking that that money probably should have been given back to Amy!!! (or Grandma)

Talk about "evidence spoliation"......

Wasn't that technically evidence in the check fraud and theft case?

(skip)
(continued)
LA: But uhm, but yeah sometime in between that time it was uh, uhm conveyed by my father that my sister had shown up to uh, get a change of clothes. Uhm, he was already at home like at a break from work or something like that. He heard the garage door open, Casey comes in, "hey dad, I'm here to get a change of clothes." She gets a change of clothes and goes to leave outside the house, my dad follows her outside the house to try to say you know, we haven't seen you, you know what's going on? Is everything okay blah, blah, blah and uhm, it was at that time when uhm, my sister was going to throw you know, the change of clothes that she had just gotten, she was going to put them in the trunk. And you know, my father, he had a motive. He knew that the, that the gas cans were in the trunk. (laughs) So uhm, she kind of returned them forcefully, by saying, "here are your f-ing gas cans" and, and you know.
LE: Let me, let me ask you something about that. And I'll ask dad, or if you get a chance to talk to dad about that. Did dad actually see the cans in the trunk, or did she grab them and then(inaudible).
LA: She grabbed them from the trunk, gave them to my fa...and again, forcefully gave them to my father. But like I said the reason why I know it was between that time was the gas cans went missing uh, approximately that time on the 20th. Uhm, the car was towed at Amscot on the 27th. So for her to have those gas cans in the vehicle and able to get, provide them back to my father, it had to happen within that week.
LE: I'm curious when you're talking to dad, while you guys were working on a time line if dad got close enough to the car to see if there was any, was Tony in the car at that time? She was...
LA: Uhm...
LE: ...or was she by herself?
LA: ...that was never conveyed, it was, it was conveyed that...(personal note: robot not respond. file not found. 404 error.)
LE: I'm curious if...
LA: ...she was, that Caylee was not with her, that no one else was with her.
LE: And...
LA: But any other details have not been conveyed to me. (personal note: end program)
LE: And I would ask for your note sheet, was there any, did he get close enough to determine if there was any smell in the car at that time from the squirrels?
LA: I'm, I'm pretty sure he would have mentioned it at this point.
LA: Huh
LE: Well...
LA: I'm, I'm, I would think that he would have...
LE: I'm...
LA: ...brought that up already. (laughs)
LE: He may have not, yeah, he may have not gotten close enough.
LA: That's, that's true.
LE: That's what I'm...
LA: That's true.
LE: That's why I'm saying did he...
LA: He'll, he'll be able to answer that more accurately.
LE: If she intends to run over there real quick, knowing he was going to get those cans and grab them and then went to him, to keep him away from the car...
LE: ...that, I'm just trying to...
LA: Maybe
LE: ...explore that option as well.
LA: Maybe I...
LE: That, that possibility
(skip)(paraphrase) Lee says George can answer that better.
LE: Just little things you can maybe ask him for me. Uh, number eleven being the two dead squirrel incident.
LE: ...or the information uhm, I want to touch up uhm, tell me about that. Uh, let's see Casey did a, oh you questioned the (inaudible) because of the smell of the car.
LE: Okay tell me about that.
LA: Casey had uhm, uh, uh, advised me on the 15th while I was waiting to till out my statement before I could go to Tony's to pick up Casey's stuff. Uhm, I was in the garage because they had separated my folks from my sister. I sat in the garage with my sister.
LE: With the car right there?
LA: With the car right there. And it was atrocious.
LA: Uhm, and I couldn't be there any more for a minute or two and I had to keep going back inside because the smell was so bad. Uhm, I sat down with her and uh, when I referenced the car smell she said, "Well it, it actually started around mom's birthday" when, uhm, which is again June 5th. She said, "It started around that time when uhm, two dead squirrels crawled up under the hood of the car uhm, you know and, and they died in there." And I immediately questioned that uhm, just per, that time per her time line with my mother's birthday being the 5th, and my mother last seeing Caylee she believed at that time, the 8th. My sister saying that the last time that she had saw Caylee at that time she said the 9th of June, I questioned, well either mom or dad would have smelled that. My dad specifically because he always enjoys to clean the cars, especially on the weekends, if not every weekend every other weekend. Uhm...
LE: Very methodical about that maybe?
LA: OH, absolutely. I mean he details the cars inside and out. I mean that's his, that was a background that he has as a, as a car dealer. So I mean this is, that's something that he's always done.
(skip)
LA: There you go, so uhm so no. So absolutely, my father was always you know, he would take pride in making sure the stuff's clean inside and out. I mean he's all...he always did that. Uhm, and he would have noticed that smell.
LA: Frankly I think he would have noticed that smell even walking, not even anything being ventilated that you would have naturally been able to smell. Especially if it was in a hood it, it, it would have, it would have came out. The vapors would have come out of the bottom in a way.
LE: So even if you were standing at the front door of your house and wasn't that close to the car in the driveway...
LA: I thought it was potent enough to where you would have been able to smell it.
LE: From that distance?
LA: I thought so, I mean now...
LE: By the, by the 15th? But back here...
LA: Back here maybe or maybe not.
LA: Right. It just seemed, she described it as the smell started, that it all started about that time. She did say it got progressively worse and her you know, is, this is how she described it.
LA: So take that as what you will. But uhm...
LE: The thing you questioned though where you say you didn't believe her was she said that she actually did a little stake out in the car?
LA: Exactly, Casey described it, when the, when she went back to get Caylee, when Caylee wasn't there, that nobody was there, that she did, she stayed at, she stayed there in her car, at, and like as, as a stakeout to see if they were going to come back. And she described it not just that night or not just one day, but as a few days that she did that. Uhm, and I immediately questioned that to say okay, number one, you are saying that you were driving your daughter, you were driving Caylee around in this car, even to the babysitter's house, with this atrocious smell You know...

(personal note: Cindy states to LE that Casey had a key to get into Zanny's to get her insurance information. Casey was the one who went rather than Zanny's own sister because, "Casey knew where Zanny kept that stuff": paraphrased. Reading again re: Casey's stakeout, in front of "Zanny's" might be another Casey half-truth. What if she was staking out Sawgrass as a place to be when not with whoever to avoid whatever and that was how she knew that "the real" ZG had been there to see apt.)

LE: Right
LA: I don't believe she would do that. That she would put Caylee through that and she'd put herself through that. And number two by her saying that she was doing a stakeout in that car I would think a stakeout would be at least hours, I couldn't stand it four two minutes and I'm standing on the outside of the car. I couldn't imagine me sitting in the car and smelling it.
LE: About what time did she say she did the stakeouts? Because this conversation took place on July 15th.
LA: Again, I never asked her on the exact day.
LE: Uh-huh
LA: But as she was maintaining that this was the 9th, she said the 9th. Even though she says 31 days she said the 9th. So when I was questioning her about that she just said, "when I went to pick up Caylee for the first time" which again, when when she was maintaining the 9th at that time. Now...
(continued: last part next.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members