2008.07 Old Media Interviews

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, she clearly said "I don't want to loose both of my children"...Caylee was HER daughter, Casey was only the birth mother, IMO.

You know I've been thinking about this a lot lately. Cindy denies (I believe in her latest interviews as well as her deposition) that she ever got in the way of KCs mothering, that it wasn't her place to tell KC how to raise Caylee... but almost everyone mentioned without being prompted that KC resented cindy for being the first one to hold Caylee. If it was never a problem, then how come everyone brought it up? She denies that she was Caylees "mother", but both Annie and Jesse say that cindy told Caylee to call her mom. That could be something that KC lied about to her friends, but really, it wouldn't surprise me.

Some people don't wear their wedding rings all the time. I only wear my rings for dress up, going out in the evening. Some people have fingers that don't allow rings to set well, like me. The rings always have a distracting slant, never fit straight across, which is extremely bothersome. So I don't wear rings most of the time, used to bother my husband at first until he realized I was telling the truth.

Thanks for starting this thread. I don't remember seeing that early media chat from July 30th. Even then Cindy was more interested in how they treated KC than she was in what really happened to Caylee! Talk about Cindyspin! :eek:

It's obvious she's had a most difficult year. In the early days, I thought she was an attractive woman. Now she just looks mean and harsh. Of course, we'd all probably look that way if our daughter killed our grandchild. I can honestly say I wouldn't want to go through that. Not that I have a lot of sympathy, seeing that she sided with Casey from very early instead of putting Caylee first.

Sadly, during her media chat, she was blaming the media and their "Mis-statements instead of putting the blame where it belongs. Poor little Caylee.

Cindy sure jumped down Geraldo's throat, didn't she? And that was very early in the case. Yikes!

Even the reporters were seeing Cindy's laissez-faire attitude toward Caylee and her staunt protection of Caysey. And this was way back in July 2008! So the As are wondering what turned public sentiment against them? :rolleyes: Did you read the comments under the Greta interview? Even one week after her disappearance was reported, people were highly upset with Cindy. I remember that FOX News interview and I was just as horrified with Cindy's nastiness as was the reporter. Cindy was so rude so hung up the phone because the reporter wouldn't allow Mrs CA to spew her lies and her own spin. Loved the reporter saying they cared more about the child than her own family was doing. Right on, Lady!

Thanks so much for the links.

I so agree with you. Cindy's behavior in these July 21st interviews were unbelievable. Besides beautiful little Caylee, it's what got me so addicted to this case. I was watching Fox news the morning Megyn Kelly (love her!) interviewed Cindy by phone and was just floored that a grandmother of a missing child would act that way. I was thinking "who in the heck does this woman think she is?" Then seeing her 10 minute interview on Greta that night I was just flabbergasted! The first 4 minutes Cindy rambled on and Greta had not even asked a question yet. I think Greta handled a very strange interview very well. Amazed at the end when Cindy did not want to answer a question, she stated she would pass out in the studio so Greta could have her sensationalism on tv if she had to answer that question. Unbelievable! These 2 interviews at the very beginning of the case exemplify why the public has never liked or believed the Anthony's. They did it to themselves from the very start and have never changed.

I know this report crosses over into August, but I have never seen this statement before...bolded by me. They are talking about Caylee's father. This is dated August 7, 2008.

"About a year later, he died in a car crash and was buried out of state. Casey Anthony did not attend the funeral, said her brother, Lee Anthony. Family members say he never knew he was the father."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26076023/

07.19.08 Geraldo interview of Cindy [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j47AO7Lbdg"]YouTube - Geraldo 2/1/09 (Old Interview With Cindy - 7/19/08)[/ame]

(Clipped your post momtective-doogiesgirl)

Obviously at this point the A family hasn't gotten together on which of KC's lies about the father they are going to go with! In the GR interview CA says that KC didn't put the father's name on Caylee's birth cert. by mutual decision. In LA's statement (Searchfortruth post) he says that father was never even aware that KC had Caylee. LOL Unbelievable!

07.19.08 Geraldo interview of Cindy YouTube - Geraldo 2/1/09 (Old Interview With Cindy - 7/19/08)

Obviously at this point the A family hasn't gotten together on which of KC's lies about the father they are going to go with! In the GR interview CA says that KC didn't put the father's name on Caylee's birth cert. by mutual decision. In LA's statement (Searchfortruth post) he says that father was never even aware that KC had Caylee. LOL Unbelievable!
Yeah Lee almost got to the truth...not only did the father not know he was a father, but Casey doesn't even know who he is !

Thought it might be interesting to go back and watch some of these almost a year later. Mods, if you feel this should be moved, that's fine.

This one in particular I don't recall ever seeing.

http://www.wftv.com/video/17037822/index.html

It's a 20 minute interview Cindy gave on 7/30/08 while waiting for a jail visit. I found it interesting that she stated the reason KC stayed at Tone's is because she knew staying there would not raise any red flags as to why Caylee wasn't with her. I had never heard this statement before coming from them.

This link below, if you go below the article itself, about half way down the page has news stories from the time this story broke and some contain old videos/interviews from July 17, 2008 on.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17169161/detail.html?rss=orlc&psp=news

Thanks for the links.

I don't remember seeing the interview with Cindy sitting on the bench. Mark Klaas said on NG he's never seen a family in so much denial. It's really kind of sad. Watching George getting ready to go see his daughter in jail brought to mind when he said if he lost his granddaughter he has lost his daughter. He knew even then...

It's really hard though to believe that they are even in denial anymore. I think it's all about the cover-up now.

marmar, thank you so much for starting this thread. I've got a slow day and I started re-watching everything posted here. Then, I went to the WFTV links and started listening to all the old interviews. It's amazing how much of what I thought about the case back then hasn't changed.

It's also amazing to see so clearly how Casey was manipulating her brother Lee during his jail visits with her. At the time they were first made available to the public, we had a hard time figuring out what they were talking about. NOW, with so much more information out there for the public, it's so easy to figure out.

One thing is clear. Casey told Lee not to bother with Tony. We now know that he did, via the video released in discovery. It's interesting to compare what Lee was saying to his sister and what he was saying with Tony.

Here's the site to catch most of the videos I've been watching:

http://www.wftv.com/news/17567283/detail.html

She also has no wedding ring on in this video, where her hands are stroking the hand of the REPORTER!
WAIT A MINUTE!!! WHAT is that all about? Okay.... never mind.

Let me just say that I think that's wierd. I mean if she were a single grandparent that would be one thing, but George is sitting beside her, and he doesn't look happy. I would think THEY should be holding hands. She's a very strange strange woman. JMO

One thing is clear. Casey told Lee not to bother with Tony. We now know that he did said:
It's interesting to compare what Lee was saying to his sister and what he was saying with Tony.[/[/B]QUOTE]

snipped:

Maybe this is why KC is so distant to her parents and why LA has not shown up in court. KC may have seen the tape between Tony and Lee.

Who's the dude sitting beside CA?

So, where is the diary Cindy was reading over and over again? Wonder if LE has asked for that diary? Wonder if Cindy can produce that diary? My guess is it's sitting in BC's office under lock & key...with only one page left in it.:eek:
I really hope the SA is going back over these first interviews.
This interview where Cindy says she was reading Casey's diary was on June 17th, the day after Casey was taken into custody. I have often wondered what caused Cindy to turn around 180 degrees, from her behavior in the 911 call to her behavior at the bond hearing. Maybe the diary was a part of that transformation ?

Let me just say that I think that's wierd. I mean if she were a single grandparent that would be one thing, but George is sitting beside her, and he doesn't look happy. I would think THEY should be holding hands. She's a very strange strange woman. JMO

WTF? Funny its only with men....like you dont see her stroking GVS's hands or back......

07.19.08 Geraldo interview of Cindy YouTube - Geraldo 2/1/09 (Old Interview With Cindy - 7/19/08)

07.21.08 Megan Kelly (Fox News) phone interview with Cindy http://amomandherblog.com/?p=1163

07.21.08 Today Show interview of the Anthonys YouTube - Today Show 7/21/08 (Cindy, George & Lee)

07.21.08 Greta Van Susteren interview of Cindy Anthony YouTube - Cindy Anthony on Greta Van Susteren 7/21/08

Here's a link to a whole list of interviews with links http://www.topix.com/forum/city/orlando-fl/T4UHQV6DMIUFOA9C5/p4023

In one of the first interviews, the one with Megan Kelly, Cindy says Caylee has been missing from Casey since June 14th. What did she mean "missing from Casey"? Who the h3ll else would she have been missing from? That really bugs me..."missing from Casey."

It's spin - Kind of "Caylee was taken from Casey". She couldn't direct guilt towards KC by saying "Caylee was with KC and last seen June 14th". CA didn't think of how to phase this in advance and can't ad lib....well, can't ad lib/mistruth and make sense.

WTF? Funny its only with men....like you dont see her stroking GVS's hands or back......
Oh yeah, it's definitely a MAN thing...remember her touchy feely episode with Rob D. at Blanchard Park ? I was embarrassed to even watch it ! :eek:

I think the rubbing that she has to do when she is talking is a control gesture.
She rubbed the reporter.
She rubbed Lee in one of the interviews (leg--constantly--the whol time
they were sittin there.
She was holding hands with the FBI guy---during her interview.
She is constantly rubbin/holdin/pettin/huggin/
It is all control.

Don't get me wrong---we are some huggin bunch of bears (our family). My big ole 200+---35yr old son comes and sits in my poor ole broken lap When we are introduced to somebody we shake hands---even the women. We don't go up and hug a new Preacher or the gro person who said we look nice or a neighbor walkin down the street or anybody else who pops into our life. Please---I would hug my Preacher who I have known for 4 years.

Just seems to me that she touches in a way most folks don't touch. Member that video of the memorial---CA was all up in that Preacher's face while they were all singin. Member? The lil Black Preacher? That was not appropriate. I really felt so sorry for that lil guy. You could see the look on his face that he wished he was somewhere else. I truly wanted to slap CA for him.

Am I sounding like a prude?

And another thang!!! She don't just "HUG" somebody---she gets right up on em---from head to toe---know what I mean?

This interview where Cindy says she was reading Casey's diary was on June 17th, the day after Casey was taken into custody. I have often wondered what caused Cindy to turn around 180 degrees, from her behavior in the 911 call to her behavior at the bond hearing. Maybe the diary was a part of that transformation ?

Scary, HUH? No telling what she had writtin in that thang. Wow! My imagination has gone off the chart. LOL

Could be... and also the extensive coaching by Baez on what to say! While listening to one of Lee's jail visits to Casey he says that at the bond hearing it was obvious to him that the prosecution witnesses (LE mainly) had been coached, just like Jose coached them!

I think the rubbing that she has to do when she is talking is a control gesture.
She rubbed the reporter.
She rubbed Lee in one of the interviews (leg--constantly--the whol time
they were sittin there.
She was holding hands with the FBI guy---during her interview.
She is constantly rubbin/holdin/pettin/huggin/
It is all control.

Don't get me wrong---we are some huggin bunch of bears (our family). My big ole 200+---35yr old son comes and sits in my poor ole broken lap When we are introduced to somebody we shake hands---even the women. We don't go up and hug a new Preacher or the gro person who said we look nice or a neighbor walkin down the street or anybody else who pops into our life. Please---I would hug my Preacher who I have known for 4 years.

Just seems to me that she touches in a way most folks don't touch. Member that video of the memorial---CA was all up in that Preacher's face while they were all singin. Member? The lil Black Preacher? That was not appropriate. I really felt so sorry for that lil guy. You could see the look on his face that he wished he was somewhere else. I truly wanted to slap CA for him.

Am I sounding like a prude?

And another thang!!! She don't just "HUG" somebody---she gets right up on em---from head to toe---know what I mean?
Nothing wrong with hugging Mama Bear, and it sounds like you've got a wonderful son and family.

:blowkiss:

But, THAT Cindy...it's not just a hug, you're right, it's something totally differant. I couldn't believe George was standing there with the Rob incident just watching it happen, but that's George I guess. I never really thought of it as control, to tell you the truth I didn't know what to think of it....! :confused:

Nothing wrong with hugging Mama Bear, and it sounds like you've got a wonderful son and family.

:blowkiss:

But, THAT Cindy...it's not just a hug, you're right, it's something totally differant. I couldn't believe George was standing there with the Rob incident just watching it happen, but that's George I guess. I never really thought of it as control, to tell you the truth I didn't know what to think of it....! :confused:

When Cindy caresses, she possesses.

(I should send that to Sue Moss on NG!)

Who's the dude sitting beside CA?

If you mean the Geraldo interview it's Jose Baez in a t-shirt. LOL, not sure if you were being sarcastic or serious. What amazes me is that JB doesn't say one word during the whole thing. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett