2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who thought Cindy's demeanor was kind of strange? I mean when she was sitting across from EE, she was sliding her foot in and out of her shoe, rubbing her thigh, tucking her leg under, sitting with her legs spread. Then she moved almost on top of the poor man - note his comment that he had never done an interview with the person behind him. LOL Then with Juri, she shut up like a clam, legs and arms crossed and tucked in, and he kept taking her arms or hands and pulling her out of the knot she'd tied herself into. She, I presume joking, accused him of manhandling her.

The woman is an interesting person to observe that's for sure.

I don't blame Cindy for Casey if she killed a toddler, because I think many psychopaths/sociopaths are not created by their parents, but that it could be something inherited (nature) or just choosing evil. If having a fantastic mother guaranteed that no kids would turn into sociopaths, the world of business, politics, and everywhere else the world would not be in the shape it is in. There's lots of sociopaths running around from simple liars to corrupt politicians.
I also do not blame Cindy at all for questioning JG if he went into a rage and was so horribly disrespectful to her in her own home. . No mother would want their daughter or grand daughter to be with someone like this. Plus, there's no telling what lies Casey told Cindy about JG. To me, Cindy is the victim of a sociopath.

Actually, the field of psychology has moved from the "nature v nurture" model of behavior to the biopsychosocial model of behavior. Think Bronfenbrenner's Ecological Systems Theory or feedback theory. In other words, an individual may "behave" a certain way that will elicit a certain type of response, and said response will elicit a certain behavior. So you end up with a never ending feedback loop that can amplify both negative and positive behaviors, which may very well have roots in genetics. In this case, I think there is a toxic dynamic that goes beyond Cindy and KC, and is generational in nature. But that is nothing more than an opinion.

I think you are probably right and it probably would have continued on down the line.

I honestly think George and Cindy are partially to blame here. They raised her and what they did and didn't do effected the outcome of Casey. Had Casey been disciplined when she was younger she would have knew better to not do what she did. She would have never been brave enough to steal from her own parents and grandparents

I don't blame Cindy for Casey if she killed a toddler, because I think many psychopaths/sociopaths are not created by their parents, but that it could be something inherited (nature) or just choosing evil. If having a fantastic mother guaranteed that no kids would turn into sociopaths, the world of business, politics, and everywhere else the world would not be in the shape it is in. There's lots of sociopaths running around from simple liars to corrupt politicians.
I also do not blame Cindy at all for questioning JG if he went into a rage and was so horribly disrespectful to her in her own home. . No mother would want their daughter or grand daughter to be with someone like this. Plus, there's no telling what lies Casey told Cindy about JG. To me, Cindy is the victim of a sociopath.

Personality disorders are very complex.. IMO they aren't black and white like that (nature OR nurture).. I agree with you, some are simply born evil.

Again, I also agree that Cindy is not to blame for whatever Casey has done to her child. Casey knows right from wrong.. she chose to do whatever it is she did and she should pay for that in prison and later, in hell.

Thank you for those links - it makes it somewhat easier to wrap my mind around their behaviors - still extremely guilty, but it makes a little sense now.

Guilty, I agree! yw :)

there are lots of ca and ga bashing threads lol .. in almost every thread i read they are getting bashed .. the bottom line is they didnt kill caylee casey did .. casey isnt going to get away with anything she will pay for what she did i have faith in LE .. ca and ga are most likely in denial that thier daughter would dare do anything to caylee . but the sad part is they were right along with all of us in the beginning... they shouldve stayed that way but when its your child .. the one you gave birth to it might not be that easy for everyone . some people have that strength and others just dont . they probably once it sank in that she couldve actually done something are blaming themselves somehow . and ya know what , an adult knows right from wrong . it doesnt matter how casey was raised .. she HAD A CHOICE TO NOT KILL THAT BABY . so blame the parents excuse doesnt sit with me one bit ,. and with cindy somehow i think caylee was her second chance to raise a child better than she did casey .. there most likely are tons of things cindy wishes she wouldnt have said or done ..imho that is why cindy is backing her daughter now .. when she shouldve been she wasnt but then we dont know what casey was like growing up we dont know these people .

ITA. But in our society, the mother is often blamed when children "go bad". Rarely is the father held accountable for adult children but everyone points their finger at the mother.

........but, did you read or listen to JG's interview?
He gave a good description of Cindy's degrading behaviors toward Casey.
Go find it when you have time. It is interesting.:)

Am I the only one who thought Cindy's demeanor was kind of strange? I mean when she was sitting across from EE, she was sliding her foot in and out of her shoe, rubbing her thigh, tucking her leg under, sitting with her legs spread. Then she moved almost on top of the poor man - note his comment that he had never done an interview with the person behind him. LOL Then with Juri, she shut up like a clam, legs and arms crossed and tucked in, and he kept taking her arms or hands and pulling her out of the knot she'd tied herself into. She, I presume joking, accused him of manhandling her.

It was the ol' "good cop bad cop" routine. Yuri was the bad cop, although I see him as "hero cop and terminator of ,” and I think he did an excellent job of calling Cindy on hers, don’t cha think?... :)

C-the attorney drew up papers that CA/GA would get custody if something happened to KC, it had nothing to do with the father, we wanted nothing from him since he was not on the birth cert.
I-who would have custody if something happened to KC and GA and CA who would get custody?
What I find interesting is how the papers may have been drawn up? Attempts have to be made to reach the father, I would think prior to relinquishing full custody. So if the dad was dead per KC. You would have thought this would have been verified via the Atty? :waitasec: Unless KC had her personal word taken there also?

What if his/deceased's family would have also wanted to be involved in Caylee's life? I would imagine the Atty would have published at least something in a newspaper? After all Atty's obligation and all? So now knowing this per CA's statements, there should be 2 files one at the Atty's office and a second one at the GPA's house, per CA. Which would then provide the full name of the father as well as, the Atty's legal obligation of his/their outreach attempts. I'm just sayin.
Best I can do this eve.

Cindy is, on July 29th, still in total denial about what is TRUE. She states in part 2 of the interview when Yuri is talking to her,when he is discussing the pictures that are coming out and how he cannot control that, and if you listen very carefully, she immediately says "Two, three years ago." She has absolutely and positively, at THAT point in time, got herself convinced that Casey has not been out sleeping around with half a dozen or more men in the last 6 months, she has not been out dirty dancing with other women, she has not been in dozens of clubs and restaurants the past month while she was missing, she has not been drinking and smoking pot, because THOSE PICTURES are from two or three years ago in HER mind. Bless her heart,she has somehow IDEALIZED Casey into the mother that she, Cindy, so desperately DESIRES her to be, and most unfortunately, Casey is not the person that Cindy has convinced her own self she is. I mean, these pictures that we have seen, well, let's talk about that a moment.

A little background so you understand where I am going with this:

My son is in a very successful rock band, and an excellent one by the way. It is his dream to be a musician and singer and he makes some really good money at it, and spends MOST weekends either at gigs or practicing, in addition to working five days a week with his father in his company as a Carpenter's Apprentice, doing hard work. (Just wanted to tell you a bit about him-he is 25.) Anyhow, he plays in clubs and bars, because alas, that is where rock bands start out. So, I go and support him and attend as many of his shows as I possibly can manage into the schedule and finances of a woman with a VERY large family. SO, what I am getting at, is I am in a LOT of clubs due to this fact, and of course, also due to the fact I rarely get a break from my home and from my children, I take those opportunities to also unwind and relax as well, so the trips out do double duty for me.

Anyhow,

I SEE women dancing like Casey was dancing ALL THE TIME, EVERY TIME, WITHOUT FAIL. It does not MEAN to the younger crowd what it APPEARS as to us, and as US, I am referring to the perhaps 35+ age range, who KNEW a different kind of dancing when we were in the clubs (for those of us who were) when we were Casey's age. It is perfectly socially acceptable for gals to dance that way in todays society. I accept that. It is not for ME, but the young crowd loves it and that is their "thing" now, so I just watch in horror and wonder what has become of us as a society, but that is for another time...I digress... Those pictures ALONE do not mean ANYTHING. IF her daughter was not missing during the time they were taken I would not even give them a second thought, I see it every single time that I go to ANY club. It is not those pictures which have condemned Casey in and of themselves. It is the WHEN of those pictures which is the disturbing fact, and if Cindy accepts the when, then she would have to go and follow that road of what that MEANS and she does not or cannot do that. And what it means is this:

Casey's BABY was missing and she herself had not seen her for 31 days, and she was out PARTYING HER @SS OFF and sleeping around...It is the TIMING of what she was doing that IS the incriminating factor of the act she was engaging in. The WHEN of what Casey has done means EVERTHING, and Cindy is completely MISSING that or IGNORING it, or she is just so deep in her grief that she cannot even conceive of it.

Cindy, those pictures were not taken 2 or 3 years ago-they were taken in the weeks after she took Caylee from your home, at least the majority, and they demonstrate perfectly for you what her state of mind was during this time: She did not care Cindy-she did not even care where Caylee was-she was having The beautiful life, and even had a testament of that fact inscribed on her body to permantly mark the ocassion...later on in life she could look at that and fondly remember the daughter she used to have. Oh dear Lord, I hope and pray you have awakened from this slumber by NOW and are realizing that everything Casey told you is a lie. She was out partying and Caylee was missing.

Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
So Cindy says that she's never called Casey in the middle of the night to bring Caylee home. So where was Caylee when Ricardo woke up on May 31st/1st and Casey said she took her home and came back at her mom's request?

ETA: where the freak do you take a baby in the middle of the night and leave them?

This is making me sick to my stomach, I think she was putting that child somewhere, maybe the trunk and drugged her up.. or a storage unit somewhere :( I think I am going to puke! i think the detectives are setting us up for this and they will be telling us soon what she was doing with the child! Be prepared, I think this is going to end very badly and make everyone totally upset that is so emotionally involved :(

Could this be what Padilla was referring to about how we'd be shocked?

Just where was this baby everyday when Casey was at her non-work? Not one of these people (Anthonys, friends) seem to be asking about that! :eek:

Cindy and George influenced the way Casey lived her life. Yeah it is her choices that have got her where she is but had they disciplined Casey things could've been completely different

You know, I agree that Cindy and George could have done things differently with Casey. But is there any parent who doesn't look back and think this or that should have been handled differently? I have 3 adult stepchildren, that I raised, with my hubby from the ages of 6, 7 & 9. I was a mere 18 when we met, 19 when we married. Each of them have turned out differently. One is in the military, and very responsible, wonderful with children, etc. One has been married for many years, with a child and a home, and does beautifully. The other, whom I have mentioned in another post, is a pathological liar, neglectful, emotionally abusive mother, and a pretty much rotten daughter, sister, granddaughter. Her friends and her social life is what's always mattered to her. So how does she end up so different? Is it something we did? Is it the fact that her mother abandoned these kids, just walked out? Never really had a normal relationship with them, even now? But if that is why, why are the other two "normal"? Did it affect her mind differently? Is it in her genes, because, believe me, she is her mother's clone. She also is the youngest of the three, if that makes a difference. What I'm saying, is how do we know WHY Casey turned out the way she did? My situation proves that a child can come from a stable, loving home, and still turn out wonky. There have to be many reasons for someone to turn out this way. So I don't pay attention to the parent bashing, because you just never know. And you never know how your own children will turn out.

I was not sure I heard correctly but I thought it was interesting about the Power of Attorney comment. It may be the way the will was worded but the investigator inferred that if the Power of Attorney could be used if KC was still alive if CA could have used the POA to take control of Caylee.

Might have been a threat she could hold over KC's head....

I thought (for once) that CA actually answered appropriately that no POA was not to take Caylee away if KC misbehaved?

I'm sure that any atty would have assured KC that POA could never be used against her.

Cindy is, on July 29th, still in total denial about what is TRUE. She states in part 2 of the interview when Yuri is talking to her,when he is discussing the pictures that are coming out and how he cannot control that, and if you listen very carefully, she immediately says "Two, three years ago." She has absolutely and positively, at THAT point in time, got herself convinced that Casey has not been out sleeping around with half a dozen or more men in the last 6 months, she has not been out dirty dancing with other women, she has not been in dozens of clubs and restaurants the past month while she was missing, she has not been drinking and smoking pot, because THOSE PICTURES are from two or three years ago in HER mind. Bless her heart,she has somehow IDEALIZED Casey into the mother that she, Cindy, so desperately DESIRES her to be, and most unfortunately, Casey is not the person that Cindy has convinced her own self she is. I mean, these pictures that we have seen, well, let's talk about that a moment.

Not quite. Cindy knew what Casey was all about. She called her a sociopath to Casey's friends. Knew Casey had stolen money from her and her parents. And knew Casey was a liar. Cindy even went so far as to print up a pic of Casey partying when she was supposed to be working and threw it in Casey's face. And let's not forget that Cindy was in the process of seeing a shrink and trying to figure out how to get custody of Caylee, when all this went bad. Don't let Cindy fool you. She has never idealized her daughter for the past two to three years, never.

Could this be what Padilla was referring to about how we'd be shocked?

Just where was this baby everyday when Casey was at her non-work? Not one of these people (Anthonys, friends) seem to be asking about that! :eek:

They did ask. Casey always told them she was either with grandma or the nanny.

Very medicated: Needs lots of water for dry mouth. JMO

Not necessarily "bad" drugs. I drink constantly because I take allergy meds. Oddly enough, I watched Cindy's drinking and thought, "Man, that looks bad. I need to stop drinking like that".

I don't think there is any love lost between CA and JG. Maybe we should take anything they say about each other with a grain of salt. :shakehead:

Yes, I read it and think he does have rage and disrespect towards an older woman in her own home. I don't know that she was necessarily degrading Casey since she may have caught her in some lie or stealing at the time. Casey needed to be chewed out IMO and then committed for mental evaluation instead of laying around in bed and on couches with some boyfriend who was trying to take over life and "change" her.

Revealing. She knows. Perhaps not factually, but instinctually. She knows in her heart.

Yes she does and as a Mother and Grandmother the last part of that interview was difficult for me to watch. I could almost feel her anxiety as YM was confronting her with the enormity of Casey's lies, because to believe him was to admit to herself that Caylee is dead (I have trouble typing that Caylee is DEAD myself) and at least at the time of the interview she was not able to accept that, IMO. To me, it was like she was pleading with him for hope or just not wanting to hear him say that Caylee was not alive and that was heartbreaking for me. I wonder if she has come to terms with it by now, it's been quiet on the Anthony homefront as far as I know. Hopefully she has and after reading all the Docs, which I feel sure the A's have done, she will come out of "Casey Cover Up Mode" (a girl can hope, right?) and help her precious granddaughter find Peace At Last and as difficult as it may be, see her killer brought to justice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee