2008.08.01 Cindy Anthony's Interview Audio #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I need to hear George now so I can compare his thoughts with Cindy's. Wonder why they did not release his? Maybe they will give it to us Monday.

I need to hear George now so I can compare his thoughts with Cindy's. Wonder why they did not release his? Maybe they will give it to us Monday.

we have his! there is a thread for it!

Well she did use the fact that her Granddaughter was missing to state she was a grieving Grandmother when she didn't agree with what LE was saying.

Yeah. That was a "nice touch" wasn't it?

Yeah. That was a "nice touch" wasn't it?

It sure was. She was trying to use that poor Baby's disappearance to her advantage. Just like some one is doing now with the picture selling and movie deal talk. This is the saddest thing I have seen in my entire 50 years on this earth.

Something interesting that CA mentioned in her interview...That she and GA didn't go anywhere for her vacation because she wanted to stay close to home because her father wasn't well. Apart from the fact that her mother Shirley gave a different reason for CA not going away - CA says that Mt. Dora is close to home. CLOSE TO HOME. It's not really that close but it struck me. It's likely that there is nothing to this at all but I remembered that there is a Sawgrass Trail in Mt. Dora. I found that a while back and had dismissed it because I didn't see Mt. Dora as being "close". It's interesting that CA does. I wonder if any of KC's pings are from out there.

Something interesting that CA mentioned in her interview...That she and GA didn't go anywhere for her vacation because she wanted to stay close to home because her father wasn't well. Apart from the fact that her mother Shirley gave a different reason for CA not going away - CA says that Mt. Dora is close to home. CLOSE TO HOME. It's not really that close but it struck me. It's likely that there is nothing to this at all but I remembered that there is a Sawgrass Trail in Mt. Dora. I found that a while back and had dismissed it because I didn't see Mt. Dora as being "close". It's interesting that CA does. I wonder if any of KC's pings are from out there.

Interesting trail name.....Sawgrass. This maybe CA's "bit of truth" in her lie that she went to Sawgrass and Dropped Caylee off. Hmmmm, interesting.

Shadow,wow...EXCELLENT post! Imo, this is a pretty accurate description of what's been going on in Cindy's head. Thank you for so eloquently putting into words what many of us have been thinking.

And I must say, I have more respect than ever for Yuri Melich. He has a heart, and he
gets it. It was really something to see him take Cindy's hands in his and firmly yet gently try to get her to see past the conflict, the comfort zone of her false reality.

Cherish thanks for starting my reply, except the one thing people who can't understand Cindy not willing to get on board LE.

If Cindy takes that step, Det Yuri had her sooo close, but if she puts even ONE TOE over that line; she will have to accept that Caylee might be dead and she can't do that. Backing KC has nothing to do with backing KC, it has everything to do with keeping Caylee alive.

I honestly feel Cindi would toss KC and all her imaginary friends under the bus if it would bring Caylee back alive.

Unfortunately unless KC has a hidden fridge some where, when Caylee is found, there is nothing left of Caylee that resembles in anyway the Caylee that Cindi is looking for. So unless KC will admit to Cindi what she has done, Cindi may spend the rest of her life looking for an alive Caylee, regardless of what LE and the labs present as evidence.

Interesting for sure. Maybe you should call that into the crime line??

Cindy's mom said they stayed close to home hoping KC would show up with the baby.

I live in O and Mt Dora is certainly considered close. Many people who live in Mt Dora commute to the Orlando area for work. CA told LE that she wanted to stay close to home because her father wasn't doing so well. She told her Mom that she didn't go away on vacation because Casey might bring the baby by.

It was probably a combination of those things, IMO. Personally, I wouldn't tell my mother that I was sticking close to home because I was afraid dad wasn't doing very well because it would upset my mom.

I understand what you are saying about "sawgrass" but "sawgrass" is a very common name for streets, buildings, developments, etc in Florida. It's almost as common as "palm". :)

I am just at the beginning of Tape 2, and haven't gotten beyond page 1 of this thread.

That said, any of you observant sleuthers go back, watch the two interviews, and watch Cindy's feet. Can you pick up a pattern?

Another thing I've been thinking about is CA's vacation and how it relates to KC's vacation. KC and Amy sent a lot of text messages back and forth about going to Puerto Rico. It seems that initially, she thought that she would be able to go as well. Obviously, unless she took Caylee, she must have been relying on someone to take care of her while she was away. I wonder if she had asked her mother to work her vacation around the Puerto Rico dates and if so, did CA perhaps refuse? Could that have also been a source of tension between the two?

I loved the whole Zani car accident story and how Cindy tells them that story like it is absolutely true, Zani having a concussion, the other person having a broken arm, I mean it was bull. If it was me, I would have said something like, well she told me this story but its not true. Her father having a stroke.

LE tell her, she has not left Orlando, mom still tries to say well she did go to Jacksonville, maybe but not in June and July. Doesn't she know LE has ways of knowing these things.

That was the only emotion she ever showed me. I still see huge amounts of covering for her daughter, rather than trying to be completely honest to hopefully find her grand-daughter.

Another thing I've been thinking about is CA's vacation and how it relates to KC's vacation. KC and Amy sent a lot of text messages back and forth about going to Puerto Rico. It seems that initially, she thought that she would be able to go as well. Obviously, unless she took Caylee, she must have been relying on someone to take care of her while she was away. I wonder if she had asked her mother to work her vacation around the Puerto Rico dates and if so, did CA perhaps refuse? Could that have also been a source of tension between the two?

She would also have to rely on someone else to finance the trip. If she asked her mom to babysit while she went on vacation, the first thing CA would say is "you can't afford to go to PR, anyway!"

She would also have to rely on someone else to finance the trip. If she asked her mom to babysit while she went on vacation, the first thing CA would say is "you can't afford to go to PR, anyway!"
Not necessarily. Sounds like she had gotten quite good at stealing. I think that she would have managed to resolve that somehow. MOO

Cherish thanks for starting my reply, except the one thing people who can't understand Cindy not willing to get on board LE.

If Cindy takes that step, Det Yuri had her sooo close, but if she puts even ONE TOE over that line; she will have to accept that Caylee might be dead and she can't do that. Backing KC has nothing to do with backing KC, it has everything to do with keeping Caylee alive.

I honestly feel Cindi would toss KC and all her imaginary friends under the bus if it would bring Caylee back alive.

Unfortunately unless KC has a hidden fridge some where, when Caylee is found, there is nothing left of Caylee that resembles in anyway the Caylee that Cindi is looking for. So unless KC will admit to Cindi what she has done, Cindi may spend the rest of her life looking for an alive Caylee, regardless of what LE and the labs present as evidence.
and having to live like that wondering suspecting but no closure no body..having to finally admit to herself that yes her daughter did this to her beautiful grandbaby her angel from above as she stated .. makes me feel terribly for her . that is why i do have some sympathy for her .

I loved the whole Zani car accident story and how Cindy tells them that story like it is absolutely true, Zani having a concussion, the other person having a broken arm, I mean it was bull. If it was me, I would have said something like, well she told me this story but its not true.

True. If she were honest about all this she could have told the story Casey told her, but with less elaboration. Something like, "She told me they went to a convention during these days. (Insert names of people and dates) They had to stay an extra night. One of the cars was in an accident, the people were injured, (give date and name of hospital) so they stayed a few extra days." Quite simple really for a fictional tale. It would have established that Casey and Caylee were not at home during that week. She was far too elaborate with the fictional tale which, in effect, made Cindy look guilty as hell.

My theory is Cindy went into that meeting planning to stall with these outrageous lies of Casey's, thereby, killing time and not getting down to the true facts. Remember, she was adamant she had to leave by a certain time.

When Yuri jumped in, (which is very normal in cases like this) he was injecting an element of surprise and wanted to get Cindy's true reactions to Casey's lies ("none of these people exist"). Cindy went into combative, defensive mode, when that didn't work, she played her "poor grieving grandmother" trick. She's not stupid, just conniving like her daughter.

Just for the record, I think Casey going on the PR trip was a ruse. She never planned to go. I suspect she was hoping to rip off Amy in her absence.

No, I don't think Casey was planning that trip. I think she was involved in something far more sinister.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back