2008.08.04 George Anthony Interview Audio

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure we can rely on GA's account of the events of the 16th. It seems to be a little too much like a scene from 'the Waltons' and IMO he appears to be trying to paint a picture of domestic harmony and normality which (if the accounts of the blow-up the day before are correct) just doesn't ring true.

I did not get that at all from the interview. He clearly paints KC as deceitful. He indicates there are certain things he is telling LE that he would rather Cindy not know he told them.

Based on the emotions he displays during the interviews, I am inclined to take his statements at face value (Cindy is another story). His recollection that KC told him they planned to spend the evening at the Nanny's, IMO, is likely to be accurate.

Even if he did see KC and Caylee leaving, I personally doubt that, several weeks later, he could accurately recall what was said or even what they were wearing.

This may very well be true. I cannot remember what my daughter was wearing yesterday and would be inclined to recall seeing her in something she wore often - a favorite outfit. But I find such a recollection - accurate or not - unconnected to what KC said about staying at the Nanny's.

I did not get that at all from the interview. He clearly paints KC as deceitful. He indicates there are certain things he is telling LE that he would rather Cindy not know he told them.

Based on the emotions he displays during the interviews, I am inclined to take his statements at face value (Cindy is another story). His recollection that KC told him they planned to spend the evening at the Nanny's, IMO, is likely to be accurate.

This may very well be true. I cannot remember what my daughter was wearing yesterday and would be inclined to recall seeing her in something she wore often - a favorite outfit. But I find such a recollection - accurate or not - unconnected to what KC said about staying at the Nanny's.

She told CA the same thing see sticky http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75577

Precisely. So we know it was another KC lie, but what was her actual plan?

1) Take Caylee with her to Tony's?

2) Crash at Lee's?

3) Sedate and hide Caylee?

I choose #4 Kill Caylee
I think that was her plan from as far back as May when she did the searches on the computer. Another thing that makes no sense though...if CA thougt KC was in Tampa then how in the world did GA see her on the 24th with the gas cans? CA's FBI interview is so full of holes.

I wasn't really referring to his interview as a whole, just his account of the 16th. He seems to want to emphasise that it was 'just a normal day', that KC told him her plans and that he hugged and kissed both of them as usual. He is also very precise about the time that they left and about what Caylee was wearing. This interview was more than 7 weeks after the event. It just seems a little too precise IMO.

CA's account of her conversation with KC is from a call she received from KC that evening stating that she would be staying at 'Zanny's' over the 16-17th. At this stage it appears that Caylee was already dead in which case she had to give an excuse for not coming home. It is also possible that he is recalling what CA had told him about her evening conversation with KC and is just a bit muddled about who said what to whom.

Precisely. So we know it was another KC lie, but what was her actual plan?

1) Take Caylee with her to Tony's?

2) Crash at Lee's?

3) Sedate and hide Caylee?

I agree with any of the above, but I rather see this story differently. I tend to suspect the veracity of George's stories when they are loaded with unnecessary detail. He appears to be cooperating, and often says things that can be seen as confessional or derogatory, but none of them point to a felony. That's when I think he is hiding his real intent.

Several stories he tells LE in great detail are - seeing KC and Caylee leave on the 16th, the gas can incident and picking up the car. Other incidents he can be very vague in describing.

When contemplating why he might lie about seeing them leave the house, one thing comes to mind. If he can verify that Caylee left the house alive then it is possible she was handed over to someone else and KC is potentially not the suspect. I think the entire story is to establish that she was alive and well that day.

It seems odd to me that KC would have spent the night at the house after the alleged fight the evening before. She appears she and Caylee had not spent the night there since the week before - around the 9th. The fact that KC dropped Caylee off so that CA could take her to Mt. Dora, returned to pick her up and was confronted by CA - who also perhaps choked KC and threatened to take custody, makes me think it was more probable she stormed out of the house with the baby right then and there. Maybe taking her wrapped up in bedding. I have also wondered if that fight was less about the money and more about something CA found out from questioning Caylee on the ride to Mt. Dora (where have you been this week honey? where are you sleeping at night? In Ricardo's bed? In the car? Mommy is giving you medicine?) that would send her over the top. KC was certainly on the phone most of that night and in the vicinity of the home, but her calls use several towers in the vicinity and she actually has a several mile radius in which she could have been on the phone. There is also that pesky dead space of about 4 hours starting after 3 am.

However, if KC did spend the night and had Caylee sleep with her in her room at the Anthony home, I would assume that Cindy and George would have checked on them in the morning - and not had to use the home phone to call KC's cell twice to locate her in the house.

I realize if KC's mouth is moving she is lying, but testimony from the entire family has always been suspect to me. I have theories on possible ulterior motives for GA's other painstakingly detailed descriptions, but I thought the overkill on detail here was to provide an alibi (in a backwards kinda way) or sort of corroborative plausibility for KC's nanny story by seeing her "leave" to go there, and also to divert attention from the fact that the house itself might have been either a crime scene or that GA and CA were the last people to see her alive the night of the fight. JMHO.

I agree with any of the above, but I rather see this story differently. I tend to suspect the veracity of George's stories when they are loaded with unnecessary detail. He appears to be cooperating, and often says things that can be seen as confessional or derogatory, but none of them point to a felony. That's when I think he is hiding his real intent.

Several stories he tells LE in great detail are - seeing KC and Caylee leave on the 16th, the gas can incident and picking up the car. Other incidents he can be very vague in describing.

When contemplating why he might lie about seeing them leave the house, one thing comes to mind. If he can verify that Caylee left the house alive then it is possible she was handed over to someone else and KC is potentially not the suspect. I think the entire story is to establish that she was alive and well that day.

It seems odd to me that KC would have spent the night at the house after the alleged fight the evening before. She appears she and Caylee had not spent the night there since the week before - around the 9th. The fact that KC dropped Caylee off so that CA could take her to Mt. Dora, returned to pick her up and was confronted by CA - who also perhaps choked KC and threatened to take custody, makes me think it was more probable she stormed out of the house with the baby right then and there. Maybe taking her wrapped up in bedding. I have also wondered if that fight was less about the money and more about something CA found out from questioning Caylee on the ride to Mt. Dora (where have you been this week honey? where are you sleeping at night? In Ricardo's bed? In the car? Mommy is giving you medicine?) that would send her over the top. KC was certainly on the phone most of that night and in the vicinity of the home, but her calls use several towers in the vicinity and she actually has a several mile radius in which she could have been on the phone. There is also that pesky dead space of about 4 hours starting after 3 am.

However, if KC did spend the night and had Caylee sleep with her in her room at the Anthony home, I would assume that Cindy and George would have checked on them in the morning - and not had to use the home phone to call KC's cell twice to locate her in the house.

I realize if KC's mouth is moving she is lying, but testimony from the entire family has always been suspect to me. I have theories on possible ulterior motives for GA's other painstakingly detailed descriptions, but I thought the overkill on detail here was to provide an alibi (in a backwards kinda way) or sort of corroborative plausibility for KC's nanny story by seeing her "leave" to go there, and also to divert attention from the fact that the house itself might have been either a crime scene or that GA and CA were the last people to see her alive the night of the fight. JMHO.

Thanks - that was very well put. With GA, however, I truly believe he would choose Caylee ahead of Casey. There is a lot I hear in his statements that indicate little respect for his daughter, but true love for Caylee. MOO.

As for the night of the 15th / morning of the 16th...the computer forensics clearly indicate Casey was in the home. So it is possible the fight we have heard about was not as bad as rumor has it. Or the "bad" fight was another night entirely. :waitasec:

In terms of checking on Casey / Caylee in the morning, I am not convinced that was standard operating procedure in that house. I think the call was from Casey after she woke trying to locate her phone (there was only one call, not two). The call had no duration associated with it, and once found (the cell phone) it was used to call her voice mail.

Thanks - that was very well put. With GA, however, I truly believe he would choose Caylee ahead of Casey. There is a lot I hear in his statements that indicate little respect for his daughter, but true love for Caylee. MOO.

As for the night of the 15th / morning of the 16th...the computer forensics clearly indicate Casey was in the home. So it is possible the fight we have heard about was not as bad as rumor has it. Or the "bad" fight was another night entirely. :waitasec:

In terms of checking on Casey / Caylee in the morning, I am not convinced that was standard operating procedure in that house. I think the call was from Casey after she woke trying to locate her phone (there was only one call, not two). The call had no duration associated with it, and once found (the cell phone) it was used to call her voice mail.

I agree with you, the conversations that took place between Casey and Tony overnight on the 15th through the afternoon of the 16th will be very revealing as to what actually happened. If Casey had made plans to spend the evening of the 16th with Tony and without Caylee, why did she say she'd be spending the night at Zanny's instead of asking Cindy to watch Caylee?

If Casey planned to take Caylee with her to Tony's - which is something Tony probably can tell us - what happened between the time that Casey returned to the Anthony home after George left and before she met up with Tony?

Like you, I believe there was an accident involving the pool.

I agree with you, the conversations that took place between Casey and Tony overnight on the 15th through the afternoon of the 16th will be very revealing as to what actually happened. If Casey had made plans to spend the evening of the 16th with Tony and without Caylee, why did she say she'd be spending the night at Zanny's instead of asking Cindy to watch Caylee?

If Casey planned to take Caylee with her to Tony's - which is something Tony probably can tell us - what happened between the time that Casey returned to the Anthony home after George left and before she met up with Tony?

Also interesting, tonight on the tapes on NG, CA is asking about friends she wants to contact, & CA says Tony? to which Casey replies why bother, I've reached out to him & Jose has tried to contact him & he won't return the calls.....As many times as I've listened to that visit I had not heard that before. Remember Cindy didn't really know who she was dating, for years! She would tell both George & Cindy that she & Caylee were staying with the nanny & she would be at Ricardo's or whoever she was with that night

I am speculating that she arranged with Tony to take Caylee with her that night, & there are missing parts on his interview with LE. Tony is keeping a low profile until the prosecution needs him??

Perhaps the fight,at least in part,was about KC taking Caylee off again.Caylee had lived with KC at the grandparents house her entire life.Suddenly KC is gone with Caylee for a week.They knew KC didn't have her on place and must have worried. That might have started the fight on the 15th.Cindy didn't want KC leaving with Caylee again.KC may have said something that stopped Cindy from pursuing them.
I wonder if KC had something on the family. The police had been to the house more than once prior to Caylee missing.That might be why they let her get away with so much.

Thanks for your insight. I too believe he was torn into pieces, as he explained in FBI interview - between being a dad, a grandfather and an ex-LE. I don't think he was doing anything more than making sure his daughter could not get the DP is all. Maybe he realized he could not save Caylee from death but maybe his daughter from a needle. He clearly did not respect her actions but may not have wanted her to face death row. I think the only reason he picked up a vehicle that was clearly a crime scene with a dead body (after he made sure he had a witness to the fact it was not in the trunk) was because he knew he needed to mop up something his daughter had done.

I had wondered about the computer activity early that morning. Was that on the laptop? Could she have taken it with her and just been using it in a hot spot? I know lots of kids who know whose wireless zone is where in any given neighborhood and just park their cars outside that house while they use the computer. Do we know if the Anthonys had a wireless router in their own home even? Seems they would have.

And it is highly possible the really bad fight was on the 9th and this one was just a continuation. I guess the horrible part for all of us rabid speculators is that some of the particulars may never even be addressed at the trial and we will be left with a jungle of loose ends.

As much as I held onto the pool thing, I had to remind myself that the only reason it ever came up is because GA planted it as a theory in his first LE interview on the 24th - after he and his wife had had plenty of time to concoct a plausible accidental death scenario (although LP repeated it often in the media afterward). He makes a point of mentioning the alleged incident where he comes home and finds the gate open and the ladder at the side of the pool. While it could be the truth, it also seems a bit odd that two people so circumspect in caring for that child would have been so careless. And it struck me as odd that it came that early in the investigation, when ostensibly they are trying to support a kidnapping (although they pretty much contradict any substantive "nanny" theory by speculating that this phenomenon might be a code word for Jesse or Amy.) but yet are framing an accidental death in case that should be necessary at some point.

It reminds me of the cues - both literal and emotional that CA gives Casey in the jail conversations - or the way she finishes GA's sentences to put them in the proper context ("I had to testify at the GJ" - "you were subpoenaed") kind of thing. Looking to find explanations that fit a best-case scenario.

I always have to put the pool theory in the realm of unsubstantiated Anthony hearsay - and most of the things they are the most adamant about seem to have some kind of ulterior motive. I guess that might seem cynical. But it is getting easier to feel that way given their actions.

I had wondered about the computer activity early that morning. Was that on the laptop? Could she have taken it with her and just been using it in a hot spot? I know lots of kids who know whose wireless zone is where in any given neighborhood and just park their cars outside that house while they use the computer. Do we know if the Anthonys had a wireless router in their own home even? Seems they would have.

Hi Cecy,

The activity on the computer was via the Anthony desktop. The laptop was idle on the 16th.

I have also wondered if that fight was less about the money and more about something CA found out from questioning Caylee on the ride to Mt. Dora (where have you been this week honey? where are you sleeping at night? In Ricardo's bed? In the car? Mommy is giving you medicine?) that would send her over the top.
Respectfully snipped by me

This is an interesting thought, it brings me back to a horrific moment a couple of months ago with my daughter. Since she turned 1, she became a master at nudity and could get out of anything, and I do mean anything. Then she would take off the diaper- then came...well, you know. At the end of my rope, I tried 2 layers of diapers, both fastened backwards, regular pj's and then footie pj's over that , turned backwards (where they zipped up the back) My husband found this all very hillarious by the way, probably because he didn't have to clean it...anyway, after she removed that stuff like it was nothing...I had to take duct tape and tape her diaper halfway around the back up to where the tabs meet the front of the diaper. She was almost 2 at the time.

I do this for about a month, she finally relents and stops trying. Then we head to Mom-In-Laws and it gets to be nap time so I go to get her blanket and when I come back she has found the duct tape in the junk drawer of MIL house, and proceeds to tear off a piece and is trying to stick it to herself :eek: and she is pleading with me "Mommy tape? Mommy tape? I want tape!?" at which point I DIE of embarrassment.

So the point of that long story is that children that age are very capable (and willing) to tell anything and everything. Perhaps that is what happened with Caylee, maybe she let something slip that day.

As many of you know, I subscribe to the accidental drowning followed by cold-hearted cover-up theory. Right now I think that is the most plausible scenario based on the available evidence.

However, I have an open mind and am willing to revisit my theories on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

I was rereading the transcript of GA's Aug. 4 interview. On page 11 of the transcript (evidence page 2015) he says that KC told him on June 16 when he last saw Caylee that she (KC) would be working late and planned on staying late with Caylee at the Nanny's. She also told GA she had discussed this with her mother. GA said this was not completely out of the ordinary because she'd done the same thing a few different times.

We know from cell records that she was in touch with AL throughout the morning and was likely planning on getting together that evening. It is unclear whether that plan included Caylee, and it very may well have. It is not mentioned in the interview transcript with AL, and we do know from that transcript that there was something discussed that LE wanted to keep off the tape, but we have no clue what that something is. It may have been that she planned to bring Caylee over and then showed up without her, giving AL some excuse. June 16 events are pretty vague in the AL-related documentation, IMO.

If KC did make plans to spend the night but did not plan to bring Caylee, and she told her father that neither she nor Caylee would be home that night, then that could be a possible sign toward premeditation, because KC would have had some plan for Caylee. :eek:

This is not a terribly solid argument because KC had a penchant for changing plans at the last moment regardless of what she had already told people. She may have been planning to spend the evening at Lee's for all we know.

Nevertheless I find GA's comment (also repeated later in the interview) very interesting, so I thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.
There is hope for you yet.

My main disagreement with your excellent analysis is your preference for Accidental Death.
I do not discount that as out of the question, but I think a violent act by KC is more likely.
Your evaluation of KC's computer searches tend to cast doubts on detailed planning back in March, but KC could still have acted on the spur of the moment or with only a plan to do it for a few hours before doing it.

As much as I held onto the pool thing, I had to remind myself that the only reason it ever came up is because GA planted it as a theory in his first LE interview on the 24th - after he and his wife had had plenty of time to concoct a plausible accidental death scenario (although LP repeated it often in the media afterward). He makes a point of mentioning the alleged incident where he comes home and finds the gate open and the ladder at the side of the pool. While it could be the truth, it also seems a bit odd that two people so circumspect in caring for that child would have been so careless. And it struck me as odd that it came that early in the investigation, when ostensibly they are trying to support a kidnapping (although they pretty much contradict any substantive "nanny" theory by speculating that this phenomenon might be a code word for Jesse or Amy.) but yet are framing an accidental death in case that should be necessary at some point.

It reminds me of the cues - both literal and emotional that CA gives Casey in the jail conversations - or the way she finishes GA's sentences to put them in the proper context ("I had to testify at the GJ" - "you were subpoenaed") kind of thing. Looking to find explanations that fit a best-case scenario.

I always have to put the pool theory in the realm of unsubstantiated Anthony hearsay - and most of the things they are the most adamant about seem to have some kind of ulterior motive. I guess that might seem cynical. But it is getting easier to feel that way given their actions.

George and Cindy I would think had to discuss the possibility of Caylee's death at times. I'm sure they brainstormed different things that could have happened and the pool was probably one of those possibilities.

I'm sure that if we, God forbid, were in this horrific position, it would be almost impossible for us to think that our child had deliberately killed our grandchild and we'd try to come up with scenarios as George and Cindy may have done.

I have no idea which thread to put this, so I'll put it here. The attorney Conway is reported to have said that no duct tape was found at the Anthony's. That is very telling because any man like George or even Cindy would have at least one roll of duct tape among their many things for home upkeep and repairs. I hope they re interview George and ask him what happened to his duct tape.

George and Cindy I would think had to discuss the possibility of Caylee's death at times. I'm sure they brainstormed different things that could have happened and the pool was probably one of those possibilities.

I'm sure that if we, God forbid, were in this horrific position, it would be almost impossible for us to think that our child had deliberately killed our grandchild and we'd try to come up with scenarios as George and Cindy may have done.

Agreed. You'd be naturally and helplessly running all of the possible scenarios, even in your subconscience to try to grasp what possibly could have happened -- I completely agree -- as well as originally they probably felt that the forensics from the car was going to be a lot worse than it turned out to be. Remember GA prompting LE to be told first if there was bad news / confirmation.

They were preparing for the worst and running other scenarios and, the weak-ish forensics gave them some false hope they ran with. Sad.

As many of you know, I subscribe to the accidental drowning followed by cold-hearted cover-up theory. Right now I think that is the most plausible scenario based on the available evidence.

However, I have an open mind and am willing to revisit my theories on a regular basis. :rolleyes:

I was rereading the transcript of GA's Aug. 4 interview. On page 11 of the transcript (evidence page 2015) he says that KC told him on June 16 when he last saw Caylee that she (KC) would be working late and planned on staying late with Caylee at the Nanny's. She also told GA she had discussed this with her mother. GA said this was not completely out of the ordinary because she'd done the same thing a few different times.

We know from cell records that she was in touch with AL throughout the morning and was likely planning on getting together that evening. It is unclear whether that plan included Caylee, and it very may well have. It is not mentioned in the interview transcript with AL, and we do know from that transcript that there was something discussed that LE wanted to keep off the tape, but we have no clue what that something is. It may have been that she planned to bring Caylee over and then showed up without her, giving AL some excuse. June 16 events are pretty vague in the AL-related documentation, IMO.

If KC did make plans to spend the night but did not plan to bring Caylee, and she told her father that neither she nor Caylee would be home that night, then that could be a possible sign toward premeditation, because KC would have had some plan for Caylee. :eek:

This is not a terribly solid argument because KC had a penchant for changing plans at the last moment regardless of what she had already told people. She may have been planning to spend the evening at Lee's for all we know.

Nevertheless I find GA's comment (also repeated later in the interview) very interesting, so I thought I'd toss it out there for discussion.

Excellent theory. My only concern with the "cold-hearted cover up" is that if this accident or accidental drowning occurred on Jun 16 and that's why Caylee is not around when KC is seen with AL at Blockbuster then . . . how can KC be so cold and recover from an accidental death so quickly/easily to be able to not only keep her date but also go get movies and watch them?

I can understand being distracted by a computer or texting and as a result the baby dies in an accidental death and to ultimately to cover that up in a panic but --- where is the panic? Where is Caylee? -- in the car trunk? Was Caylee actually deceased or was recoverable by a medic? How would KC ever know if Caylee could not have been revived? Isn't it as bad if there is an accident and you do nothing to try to save the life?

It is easier to accept if KC was missing for hours/days, her emotions betrayed something was wrong, some reaction -- but to swap from the most terrible thing happening to Caylee into acting normal and all lovey dovey with boyfriend makes KC and the demise of Caylee a lot more sinister.

I'd like to accept that this was an accident and can see a cover-up after some panic and recovery time but I find it hard to accept a cold-hearted cover up where KC seems pleased / relieved by the result = homicide?

I was impacted badly for more than 48 hours when a tragic accident occurred to my rabbit as a 20-year old!!!!!

Respectfully snipped by me

This is an interesting thought, it brings me back to a horrific moment a couple of months ago with my daughter. Since she turned 1, she became a master at nudity and could get out of anything, and I do mean anything. Then she would take off the diaper- then came...well, you know. At the end of my rope, I tried 2 layers of diapers, both fastened backwards, regular pj's and then footie pj's over that , turned backwards (where they zipped up the back) My husband found this all very hillarious by the way, probably because he didn't have to clean it...anyway, after she removed that stuff like it was nothing...I had to take duct tape and tape her diaper halfway around the back up to where the tabs meet the front of the diaper. She was almost 2 at the time.

I do this for about a month, she finally relents and stops trying. Then we head to Mom-In-Laws and it gets to be nap time so I go to get her blanket and when I come back she has found the duct tape in the junk drawer of MIL house, and proceeds to tear off a piece and is trying to stick it to herself :eek: and she is pleading with me "Mommy tape? Mommy tape? I want tape!?" at which point I DIE of embarrassment.

laughing1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member