2008.08.17 Items Found by Searchers in Wooded Area

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Seagull65, you are awesome in your recollection of people in this case and their belongings. I can't for the life of me remember this Samantha ever being discussed, let alone her clothing. The only Samantha I remember being discussed here was the one that was Zani's friend or sister. I'm gettin' old and my memory fails me often though and try as I might I just can't keep all of this information straight sometimes. I'm glad there are people like you here to help this old gal out:blowkiss:
If you could point me in the direction of the thread where Samantha was discussed I'd really appreciate it and you say her name was under this pic on KC's photobucket...I'll have to go check that out. TIA

I remembered her face from the beginning of the case where the friends were discussed (in pictures with Annie) but that was so long ago and honestly the fact her name was Samantha never really came to my mind throughout all the ZG/Samantha talk since then, I don't know why, I kind of did a double take when I was looking for pics of anyone in a black and white tank top, came across that one, read her name again and went, oh yeah, Samantha...Samantha? (I'm terrible, Momtective, you're the one who blows me away :) ) I can't find the age-old threads anymore where all the friends were discussed, wish we could bring them back. I don't really remember much else about this particular friend. [/I]Seemed like the "players" discussion threads kind of disappeared after the grand jury, it seemed to become taboo to discuss people other than KC or show their pictures pretty much at that time (although I'm also bad at finding old threads, so maybe just me.) Last time I looked, the players threads I could find didn't have much in them.

I didn't remember ever seeing this pic of her in the/a black and white tanktop before, or at least I'd never noticed before, just saw it over on the photobucket thread. Marenaberryjo's post 440 has a link to a group of photos with the tank top one, when you go to the link, it's near the end like page 8 or 9 of that group of pics, sorry such convoluted directions :crazy:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72608&highlight=marenaberryjo&page=18
Thanks again to Marenaberryjo and all of you great Photobucket posters, that thread is a great resource. Hope one of you guys knows more about this Samantha, please share :)

edited to add: Samantha is on Annie's facebook, Samantha H, I tried to post a link here unsuccessfully, I guess you have to sign in there first

Could be, Doogiesgirl. :) Wow, hanging in the tree? I just had to go back and look. Now that you mention it, I see some white things behind the trees in the photo where he's pointing down, but to me it looks like maybe some white sticks or something, I can't see the tanktop hanging.
The other black things in the piles I always thought looked like jeans, more like guys' jeans than girls but I'm not sure. Like you say, I do wonder what all was there.

Seagull65, you are awesome in your recollection of people in this case and their belongings. I can't for the life of me remember this Samantha ever being discussed, let alone her clothing. The only Samantha I remember being discussed here was the one that was Zani's friend or sister. I'm gettin' old and my memory fails me often though and try as I might I just can't keep all of this information straight sometimes. I'm glad there are people like you here to help this old gal out:blowkiss:
If you could point me in the direction of the thread where Samantha was discussed I'd really appreciate it and you say her name was under this pic on KC's photobucket...I'll have to go check that out. TIA

momtective, that makes 2 of us gettin old then, lol! I don't remember that name coming up either, except in regards to KC's fictional nanny's sister! :waitasec:

Hi Bond...If you look closely at what appears to be the sole of the shoe under the palmetto bush and then look at the individual pic of the yellow shoe, there is a black ring around the sole of the yellow shoe and not on the one under the palmetto. So I don't think these are a pair, but perhaps 2 different pairs???

What is interesting is the sheer BULK of the items once they have been bagged up into the respective drawstring bags-there is quite a bit of stuff there and we only saw close shots of what, 2 of the items? If Casey had a BUNCH of stuff in her car when that odor permeated, it is possible she just gathered up most of it and tossed it out like that...but I would think if those items had smelled of decomp that someone might have let that "slip", you know? The collecting officer IS wearing gloves and we have NOT heard anything else about these items...so there is still a mystery there for sure...just don't know if it involves Casey.:waitasec:

You have made some pretty valid points. This discovery has always bothered me. The person who found the items was blogging about it for a while and then it all kind of just went away. Then we have the comment from Casey. They haven't even found her clothe yet and the murder indictment before the body was found. LE must have some pretty incriminating evidence that just may of been sealed and not leaked out. In my gut I feel these items will come into play at trial.
Oh, and the comment from the inmate that said that Casey told him that Caylee was with her father. Even thought, that is hear say for most If we get into Casey's sick head she did claim Caylee's father had passed and these items were found near the cemetery if I am thinking of the same items your referring to.

I haven't heard about any items found in a cemetery.

Just to clarify, those of you who know more about the area, so these items (black tank top/pink camo duffle or item, etc) were found not far from restrooms at the Soccer complex, is that right? I've heard it described as restrooms at J Blanchard also, so is the soccer complex adjacent to J Blanchard Park? And then how far away was the gas can?

Then the other find of the tan bra and the blue polka dot panties, where was that in relation to these?
(I remember the name "Sunderson find" being used, does that have to do with any of these? Was that where the bra/panties were found?) Thanks very much! :)

There was a report made on the find at Greenwood, a statement was taken by a woman. I also have a copy of the letter she posted on a blog about the find. It was a strange find and not sure what to make of it. But CSI did take the items but nothing was mentioned to the media about it, but yes there is a report and this is not rumor. The woman was told it was not bones she found, she said she knew it was bones and wishes and regrets that she didn't go in the water and retrieved the trash can with the rest of the remains, there were many other items found as well. But LE would not let her in the water and they did not go in because of something with the water levels, something like that. I have always wondered what ever happen to the items taken away. They claim this discovery had nothing to do with Caylee though.

This is a link to a map from the cemetery to where Caylee was found.

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-ZZg6J_kmaORM

Link to police report below, about 3/4 down there is a "police report" about the cemetery.

http://cayleeanthony.wordpress.com/...o-you-believe-casey-disposed-of-caylees-body/

You can read more about this discovery From WS thread Greenwood Cemetery Search.

I haven't heard about any items found in a cemetery.

Greenwood Cemetery thread is in the Parking Lot, IIRC. Looks like MADJGNLAW expanded on it further.

Just to clarify, those of you who know more about the area, so these items (black tank top/pink camo duffle or item, etc) were found not far from restrooms at the Soccer complex, is that right? I've heard it described as restrooms at J Blanchard also, so is the soccer complex adjacent to J Blanchard Park? And then how far away was the gas can?

Thanks, Seagull :blowkiss: you answered the question I was about to ask :thumb:

I didn't save the information on the gas cans unfortunately. Joseph hasn't been active on the forum since December. I'll do a forum search to see if I can locate that info...and if not...I'll try to reach him and see if he'll come back and fill us in.

Then the other find of the tan bra and the blue polka dot panties, where was that in relation to these?

IIRC, these were found in the JBPark area also. The available pic showed them hanging on a fence, but, I do not recall for certain if they were found in that location (I want to say they were) or if they were placed there to be photographed. Still - JBPark, IIRC.

(I remember the name "Sunderson find" being used, does that have to do with any of these? Was that where the bra/panties were found?) Thanks very much! :)
Sunderson Dr. was the location where at couple of search teams (incl. some WS's) located some trash bags that reeked badly, left in a 'hole' created by the roots of a tree. There are at least a couple of threads were we explored this find in decent detail. This "find" really got attention because only a few hundred yards away was the cell tower were Casey pinged when she texted Amy 6/27 @ 11:34AM about "getting rid" of the source of the smell in her car. When TES, Tim and LE commented about the find their comments appeared to many to be very suspicious but I won't go into detail further here. The remains found were later dispositioned as animal remains. The thread of the title prolly has "remains" in it if you wanna search and read more.

HTH.

ETA: Posts about the gas cans, underwear, etc. finds @ JBPark/Econ Soccer Complex from the search team that found them...

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2549454&postcount=26"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Question For Those Searching in Florida[/ame]

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2519799&postcount=41"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Items found by searchers in Wooded Area 8-17-2008[/ame]

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2512474&postcount=104"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Caylee Anthony 3 year old General discussion #98[/ame]

Greenwood Cemetery thread is in the Parking Lot, IIRC. Looks like MADJGNLAW expanded on it further.

Thanks, Seagull :blowkiss: you answered the question I was about to ask :thumb:

I didn't save the information on the gas cans unfortunately. Joseph hasn't been active on the forum since December. I'll do a forum search to see if I can locate that info...and if not...I'll try to reach him and see if he'll come back and fill us in.

IIRC, these were found in the JBPark area also. The available pic showed them hanging on a fence, but, I do not recall for certain if they were found in that location (I want to say they were) or if they were placed there to be photographed. Still - JBPark, IIRC.

Sunderson Dr. was the location where at couple of search teams (incl. some WS's) located some trash bags that reeked badly, left in a 'hole' created by the roots of a tree. There are at least a couple of threads were we explored this find in decent detail. This "find" really got attention because only a few hundred yards away was the cell tower were Casey pinged when she texted Amy 6/27 @ 11:34AM about "getting rid" of the source of the smell in her car. When TES, Tim and LE commented about the find their comments appeared to many to be very suspicious but I won't go into detail further here. The remains found were later dispositioned as animal remains. The thread of the title prolly has "remains" in it if you wanna search and read more.

HTH.

I think that the items found in the shrubbery (black and white running shirt, white t-shirt with a track shack logo, pink and blue bags, etc.) were discovered at the Econ Soccer Complex near the restrooms. I could be wrong because all these locations are very close to each other (Econ and JBP).

I thought that all the Sunderson items were animal related. There are some wild hogs in that whole area as well, for what it's worth. The items on the fence were NOT found at Sunderson.

I thought the items from the fence were found at JBP (but they also could have been found at the Econ Soccer Complex, for all I know).

JBP has running trails that go for quite a distance, so while the main park has restrooms, playground, etc., the running trails seem to go quite a distance off. I think therein lies some of the confusion.

Thanks you guys! I was always confused about the JBlanchard find sites, which things where and the distance between. I forgot about the cemetery that backs up to the park. Is that the cemetery of the church where GA worked or attended or something, discussed early in the case, or a different one?
OK, now I see which find was the Sunderson find. Thanks again

I would really like to gain a better understanding for exactly where the articles of clothing (e.g. tank top, jeans, pink camo, sandal, etc.) were found. Anyone able to help?

Here's a satellite view of the Econ Soccer Complex w/ what I believe are the restrooms & pavillion essentially in the center. From the images of the find we've seen the area appears more heavily wooded than the treeline to the north (bank of Little Econ River) or the one around the homesite to the west. Anyone know if the items were in the are to the east or south of the restrooms?

That 'parking cul-de-sac' that edges up to Lake Deborah seems like it would be awfully remote if there weren't any kids playing on the soccer fields.

Slide1-31.jpg

Muzikman provided this link that says it is open 8AM-8PM during the Summer.

Anyone know if there are showers, lockers, etc. available in the restroom area?

ETA: IIRC, the images of the find walking in had the appearance of being off of a street...which looks more like the wooded area to the south if I'm just guessin'.

You have made some pretty valid points. This discovery has always bothered me. The person who found the items was blogging about it for a while and then it all kind of just went away. Then we have the comment from Casey. They haven't even found her clothe yet and the murder indictment before the body was found. LE must have some pretty incriminating evidence that just may of been sealed and not leaked out. In my gut I feel these items will come into play at trial.
Oh, and the comment from the inmate that said that Casey told him that Caylee was with her father. Even thought, that is hear say for most If we get into Casey's sick head she did claim Caylee's father had passed and these items were found near the cemetery if I am thinking of the same items your referring to.

i never put that together in my mind. thank you so much for posting this madj.

Great sleuthing, Bond. I remember there were at least a couple news vid stories about the find, that showed the area - not sure which channel, probably at least 2 of the local stations. Wondering if they might have it archived... might be worth a look.

I would really like to gain a better understanding for exactly where the articles of clothing (e.g. tank top, jeans, pink camo, sandal, etc.) were found. Anyone able to help?

Here's a satellite view of the Econ Soccer Complex w/ what I believe are the restrooms & pavillion essentially in the center. From the images of the find we've seen the area appears more heavily wooded than the treeline to the north (bank of Little Econ River) or the one around the homesite to the west. Anyone know if the items were in the are to the east or south of the restrooms?

That 'parking cul-de-sac' that edges up to Lake Deborah seems like it would be awfully remote if there weren't any kids playing on the soccer fields.

Slide1-31.jpg

Muzikman provided this link that says it is open 8AM-8PM during the Summer.

Anyone know if there are showers, lockers, etc. available in the restroom area?

ETA: IIRC, the images of the find walking in had the appearance of being off of a street...which looks more like the wooded area to the south if I'm just guessin'.

Bond, you've probably already been all over this, but the following is the thread where JJ discusses the find near the soccer extension of Blanchard Park: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2510059#post2510059"]The Search for Caylee-Possible Physical Locations - Page 7 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Unable to locate video showing surroundings, but, from images available, narrowing to...

Slide1-32.jpg

I would really like to gain a better understanding for exactly where the articles of clothing (e.g. tank top, jeans, pink camo, sandal, etc.) were found.
Resp. snipped

BJB I was too and thank you for posting that info, it really helps. And did you notice how close this is to the Amscot on E Colonial (I think) - am I right only 2 mins by car or a 15 min walk?

Good sleuthing BJB! I think its significant that the findings weren't too far from the parking lot. I think KC is too lazy to try and go deeper into the woods. I also think that this will be significant at trial.

Could be, Doogiesgirl. :) Wow, hanging in the tree? I just had to go back and look. Now that you mention it, I see some white things behind the trees in the photo where he's pointing down, but to me it looks like maybe some white sticks or something, I can't see the tanktop hanging.
The other black things in the piles I always thought looked like jeans, more like guys' jeans than girls but I'm not sure. Like you say, I do wonder what all was there.

Well listen, just b/c I "clearly" see it isn't saying much b/c I have the WORST eye sight ever! No kidding...I have to wear reading glasses AND use a magnifying glass to look at pictures!! So I am useless as an eye witness ...he he he :) (But my pitifull eyes are seeing that top hanging on a tree branch??)

Resp. snipped

BJB I was too and thank you for posting that info, it really helps. And did you notice how close this is to the Amscot on E Colonial (I think) - am I right only 2 mins by car or a 15 min walk?

Glad to help, Unsolved. Yes...this is very close to Amscot, which is just off the left (west) side of the larger image posted above...just a few blocks really. Google Maps keeps locking up on me this morning, but, by visual measure using the scale on the screen it is <1mile from Amscot to Econ Soccer Complex, and ~4miles from Tony's apt. to the Econ Soccer Complex, FWIW.

Good sleuthing BJB! I think its significant that the findings weren't too far from the parking lot. I think KC is too lazy to try and go deeper into the woods. I also think that this will be significant at trial.

Thanks for the kind words, Hoping. That is the level of detail I'm after with this prodding. I dunno if these items are connected or not...but being child & adult items & being Casey's size jeans...well...I just can't ignore the opportunity to explore it further. I dunno how close/far they were from the asphalt yet...or on which side of the complex lot they were.

I was unable to find the active video clip that first aired on Fox from which I believe the still images we still have were taken. The video still exists in a few places, but, when attempting to play it I get nothing...or a broken link. From memory there was a shot in the video and/or some other still images of the find looking down what appeared to be a street...where there was a slight drop off down the curb and perhaps some timbers laying on the ground parallel to the street. I may also be confusing the timbers for just some fallen tree @ the clearing/entrance to the area in the woods in which the items were found. Difficult from memory...since I may be inserting this fragment of a memory from something else...or it could've even been stock footage of the park unrelated to the find. After looking @ the Econ complex layout I am tempted to think the view was one looking from west to east down the cul de sac of parking spaces toward the soccer field...with the south side of that curb being shown...implying the find was in the woods on the south side of the restrooms & pavillion. I don't recall seeing the fence that is in the background of the cruiser & SUV that is shown in the still image collecting the evidence. I do recall a wider shot of the officer walking over to his SUV w/ the bags...which should indicate the direction of the find relative to his vehicle...best clue we could have IMHO...short of someone that was there.

Here's the thing. These 'backpack' items could be just as easily have been discarded in a grab & toss burglary...taken from a car in the parking lot...or from the pavillion area. Crook/kid grabs them and runs...rifles through them quickly under the cover of the trees...looking for a wallet, keys, cash, etc...then discards them. It would've been nice if someone had come forward to identify these items soon after they were found 8/17 if this was the case....but, then again...traveling soccer leagues...peeps not from the area not following the case, etc.

I'd also like to know exactly where Nicole G. was found, and where her car was the second week in June. As has been speculated, if it was in this same area there was a decent search done @ that time and these 'backpack' items would've likely been secured during that search...not available to be found 8/17.

Are there locker rooms/showers in this pavillion/restroom facility? These would be a huge asset to someone having just bagged a decomposing body.

I'm rambling. But looking @ sleuthing opportunities that bring the details of critical events into a new light helps me look for things I've missed before.

Appreciate any/all contributions to the effort.

Well listen, just b/c I "clearly" see it isn't saying much b/c I have the WORST eye sight ever! No kidding...I have to wear reading glasses AND use a magnifying glass to look at pictures!! So I am useless as an eye witness ...he he he :) (But my pitifull eyes are seeing that top hanging on a tree branch??)

FWIW, esp. when sleuthing crime scene photos, etc.

If you are using Windows XP or similar, you might find the following feature helpful.

Start=>Programs=>Accessories=>Accessibility=>Magnifier

It'll drive you nuts until you get used to it. Suggest playing with it on a low magnification (e.g. 2 or 3) at first...user selection in the pop-up window when the magnifier starts.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back