2008.08.30 Bond Hearing

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANTHONY, CASEY M

Booking Number: 08042346
Race: White
Date of Birth: 03/19/1986
Last Known Address: 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando, Fl 32829

Cell: F-DORML-14
Date Booked: 08/30/2008
Time Booked: 12:03am
Number of Holds: HOME CONFINEMENT
undisclosed - 001
Notes: None

Charges

Case Sequence: 828
Case Status: Presentenced
#Bond Amount: 1500.00
Police Case Number: n/a
Court Location: CIRCUIT
Arresting Agency: Orange County Sheriff Office
Charge/Court Case Number: Uttering A Forged Check
Note: Icjis Affidavit, Original Charge(s): Uttering A Forged Instrument
Case Sequence: 829
#Bond Amount: 1000.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Fraud. Use Of Personal Ident. Information
Case Sequence: 830
#Bond Amount: 500.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Petit Theft Of $100 Or More
Case Sequence: 855
#Bond Amount: 500000.00
Arresting Agency: n/a
Charge/Court Case Number: Neglect Of A Child
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 856
#Bond Amount: 100.00
Charge/Court Case Number: False Official Statements
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 857
Charge/Court Case Number: False Reports To Law Enforcement Auth.
482008CF0010925O

Above you can see the new charges and bond amounts, then below that you can see the previous charges of Neglect of a Child, False Report to LEO and False Statements and see the amount of bond for each charge. So yes, she is back in jail on the original charges along with the new charges.

Devorahhh

About the makeup...I had a friend that when she was in jail for hot checks, she could wear makeup as long as she bought it from the little store they had at jail.

Fox News:

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. (WOFL FOX 35, Orlando) --Casey Anthony will remain in jail indefinitely.

The mother of a missing toddler was arrested again Friday night -- this time on check fraud and theft charges -- just over a week after a bounty hunter bailed her out of jail.

Early Saturday morning, the California company that posted the $50,000 last week to get Casey out of jail on original charges of child endangerment and lying to authorities revoked that bond.

Orange County Sheriff's Office investigators took Anthony into custody at her home Friday night. She was taken first to the Orange County Sheriffs Office then to the jail after she was charged with uttering a forged instrument, fraudulent use of personal information and petty theft, Capt. Angelo Nieves said.

Anthony appeared before a judge on the new charges Saturday just before 12:30. She was accompanied by her attorney Jose Baez. The appearance lasted less then two minutes ad Anthony said nothing. The presiding judge told them that the judge who issued the original warrant had set the bond on the new charges at $3000. Baez verbally acknowledged the judge and both Baez and Anthony left.

According to sheriff's office reports, Anthony used a friend's checkbook to buy items at Target and Winn-Dixie, and to write a check for cash in July.

"She used checks that did not belong to her," Nieves said

The 22-year-old, who was released from jail on $500,000 bond last week, has already been charged with child neglect, making false statements and obstructing the investigation into her daughter's disappearance.

"The allegations surfaced during the investigation but we had to do our due diligence," Nieves said of the new charges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ANTHONY, CASEY M

Booking Number: 08042346
Race: White
Date of Birth: 03/19/1986
Last Known Address: 4937 Hopespring Dr, Orlando, Fl 32829

Cell: F-DORML-14
Date Booked: 08/30/2008
Time Booked: 12:03am
Number of Holds: HOME CONFINEMENT
undisclosed - 001
Notes: None

Charges

Case Sequence: 828
#Bond Amount: 1500.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Uttering A Forged Check
Note: Icjis Affidavit, Original Charge(s): Uttering A Forged Instrument
Case Sequence: 829
#Bond Amount: 1000.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Fraud. Use Of Personal Ident. Information
Case Sequence: 830
#Bond Amount: 500.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Petit Theft Of $100 Or More
Case Sequence: 855
#Bond Amount: 500000.00
Charge/Court Case Number: Neglect Of A Child
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 856
Charge/Court Case Number: False Official Statements
482008CF0010925O
Case Sequence: 857
Charge/Court Case Number: False Reports To Law Enforcement Auth.
482008CF0010925O

Above you can see the new charges and bond amounts, then below that you can see the previous charges of Neglect of a Child, False Report to LEO and False Statements and see the amount of bond for each charge. So yes, she is back in jail on the original charges along with the new charges.

Devorahhh

The short version of this from LE: she's a liar and a thief. What next?

Judge read the charge.
JB asked for "stipulating probable cause for the record?"
Jugde says "probable cause has already been found by the issuing judge.
Bail has already been set, $3000."
It's in the 400 pages as well JB. Check out the friend's statements in the documents.
Jeesh. Probable Cause.
I wonder if Caylee was on film as well during the check time.

So now she is being held on $503,000?

If I'm not mistaken, the original bond was $500,200 + $3,000 today.

Who knows what the NEXT warrant they spring on her will raise the bond to? lol

Poor JB..... poor Casey, they're probably singing that famous duet: "You don't bring me brownies anymore." lol

If she is charged with murder, there probably won't be any bond.

If she is charged with murder, there probably won't be any bond.

Legally, she could be.

I still wonder if LE might have more charges pending BEFORE they get to the ultimate one though.

So if she had stolen the checks but then never used them she would not have been arrested/charged, correct?

you know i dont understand how babies like little caylee .. or trenton duckett end up with loons for mothers .. i have no sympathy for casey .. and i wont forgive her for what she did to her kid .. ever .. cindy and george i feel for to a point they shouldnt be talking to media if they dont want it ..but casey .. no way .. i hope she frys if she did kill her daughter ..

Legally, she could be.

I still wonder if LE might have more charges pending BEFORE they get to the ultimate one though.

Ya' know, common sense tells me that you just don't pizz off LE, especially the FBI, the entire judicial system and the good citizens who will possibly serve on the jury. I can see one valid reason Casey could never be ultimately punished, there's no where in the US of A she'll be able to get 12 impartial citizens to sit on her jury,,,,not unless they bring in folks who don't read the paper, read the internet or watch tv and where would you find them? Maybe the homeless?? (sorry, being very sarcastic here)

And it's not only Casey making people mad but her mom Cindy is doing an excellent job of it. Her vitriole and nonsense and accusations are enough to infuriate most anyone, I do believe. Watching Cindy tells me exactly how Casey has turned out like she has.

Ya' know, common sense tells me that you just don't pizz off LE, especially the FBI, the entire judicial system and the good citizens who will possibly serve on the jury. I can see one valid reason Casey could never be ultimately punished, there's no where in the US of A she'll be able to get 12 impartial citizens to sit on her jury,,,,not unless they bring in folks who don't read the paper, read the internet or watch tv and where would you find them? Maybe the homeless?? (sorry, being very sarcastic here)

And it's not only Casey making people mad but her mom Cindy is doing an excellent job of it. Her vitriole and nonsense and accusations are enough to infuriate most anyone, I do believe. Watching Cindy tells me exactly how Casey has turned out like she has.

Exactly!

And you know it's CRAZY when you hire a spokesman & HE thinks it's a good tactic to keep up the attacks of everyone.

The clueless leading the clueless.

Don't take this the wrong way, but a VERY small part of me feels sorry for Casey..... instead of having people who are helping her, all I see are people who are making things worse for her..... Baez, parents, spokesman.

I have faith that they'll find an impartial jury. I also have faith that the prosecution will have such a solid case against her there's no way she won't be found guilty.

where are you guys seeing this? I clicked on the 9th court link and saw some black guys being arraigned, not sure if this was live or not. Is the a replay somewhere of Casey's turn?

Good call, as we said last night, she will spend the weekend in jail. She better start talking, I predict a murder charge by Wed. Did Leonard go home yet?

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills
Back