2008.09.02. REVISIT Will she accept the limited immunity deal?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

will casey accept the state's offer of limited immunity tomorrow?

• yep

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • nope

Votes: 267 89.6%
  • dunno

Votes: 16 5.4%

• Total voters
I can't take Xanax because it causes me to have severe blackouts. I was prescribed Xanax once before my wedding and I had no memory whatsoever of helping my mom & sister-in-law address over 100 invitations. They were stunned when I asked when we were going to get it done, since we had spent an entire day on it. And this happened with me taking the prescribed amount--one small pill.
Memory loss is a commom side effect of Xanax--it does not even have to be mixed with alcohol to happen.
~~snip~~
I've been meaning to post this for several days. In Amy's statement to LE, she reports occasions when Casey would ask her to do certains things, and then a day or two later when she would get back to Casey about them, Amy says that Casey had no memory of ever asking her to do them in the first place.
That being said, it is possible that Casey did more than just weed.
JMO

~~snip~~
I've been meaning to post this for several days. In Amy's statement to LE, she reports occasions when Casey would ask her to do certains things, and then a day or two later when she would get back to Casey about them, Amy says that Casey had no memory of ever asking her to do them in the first place.
That being said, it is possible that Casey did more than just weed.
JMO
I believe that was in Kiomarie's statement.

Speed and coke heads love Xanax...very possible to not remember things when taken by itself and taken to come down off other harder drugs..

I would be extremely surprised if she takes this deal. I just have this feeling that she took great steps to make sure nobody would ever find her body if you know what I mean. I don't think she just put her somewhere like a dumpster, I think it was way more evil than that.
Yet I Don't think Casey is as smart as she thinks. Few criminals are.

Another point, if "everyone" has the opinion that "Casey didn't take the deal" JB may have further proof of his client being painted in a negative light by the local community and may bolster his desire for change of venue.

Just imo, I don't think a change of venue will make any difference.
Geragoes and peterson thought it would too.
imo

I am not familiar with the state prison system. For this questions sake, lets say she is tried, found guilty, and sentenced to 10 years. Is it possible to keep her in confinement for the whole time she is in prison? Can they keep her away from other inmates for that length of time?

Generally speaking, child-killers are not well thought of in prison (even felons have children they love). I think general population is JUST what she needs, a place where she's NO ONE SPECIAL, and where her very life is possibly in danger. NO more coddling of this person.

No, I didn't say that it would make any difference - I don't believe it would - but it's still a tactic used by a sinking defense, and one I bet we will see in this case.

It is gripping all of us, everywhere - but Orlando on a whole other level.

ETA - and believe me, there are people in this country NOT following this at all. Believe me, some of my friends are so not interested....

I think this means Casey really did intend to murder poor little Caylee and is afraid the authorities would be able to tell that. Rules out accidental death.
Let the State go for the max, and then let Baez ask for a plea deal - then let the state smack him in the head with a reasounding no.

Here is Cindy's interview from this morning on the today show. She looks and sounds very sedated.

She also mentioned that she gets thousands of tips/calls every day. She is struggling so hard to believe her daughter. If she doesn't believe Casey, she loses everything, and she knows it. Caylee was her joy. I believe she that deep down in her heart, she knows.

Click on the link and go down to the row of videos and click on Cindy's picture video: Video: Grandma believes tot is alive.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633

Wow...she really does sound loaded on some heavy sedatives. She's almost slurring. I guess I would be too, though.

NO NO NO (JMO)

There's no way Baez will be considered inadequate defense - Casey could have scheduled a visit with her parents saying "What's this deal? I want to take this deal" OR have spoken out to LE and they would have communicated her willingness to talk to the prosecutor.

A client can't be inactive and then claim they had bad representation - CASEY is going down, not Baez. Baez did more for this girl than I think is called for

Yet I Don't think Casey is as smart as she thinks. Few criminals are.
I completely agree with you. I don't think Casey is as smart as she thinks. But no doubt her thinking she is soooo smart will in fact back fire i'm sure. I have a pretty good feeling that it will only be a matter of time before Caylee's body is found (or even if Caylee's body is not found soon, for sure it will be found someday and in fact Casey will have to pay) and her whole plan of her (Casey) thinking ....Well if they haven't found the body yet, they're never going to find it therefore I don't need to take the immunity deal because then that means I am admitting to doing something wrong and as long as I keep my mouth shut and take no deal and they have no body I'm home free with no worries. They will not be able to convict me of any crime and this will all be over soon....... will be over and her bubble that she is living in will bust. I'm sure she will have regret then but even so I still think she'll have that smug face and attitude like ....Ha you people caught me but it sure did take you guys a long time to do it!.... because she just seems evil like that, but of course thats just my opinion.

Yes, but I think it's important to note, the lawyer never responded to the first offer either, another email had to be sent to him and then it was extended on his request. Truthfully, it's the LAWYER'S inaction.

Could be important to note when/if they appeal and/or the Anthony family ever start to spout claims of inadequate council.

Just a comment I wanted to make after reading many responses here. Since accuracy and true statements in these sorts of scenarios of course, is always important. How things are said in legal matters always make a difference.

I suspect Baez never responded to the prosecutors offer, because he quite literally never got an adequite response from his client. But because of attorney client privelege he is not allowed to ever admit to that. I sincerly doubt if Baez knows anymore about this case then we do. And what knowlege he has has come from LE and the media. It most certainly isn't coming from the family, at least not any information that doesn't make him look like an incompetant fool. I don't envy him, he has an impossible client to deal with, an even more impossible grandmother, a missing probably murdered child, and a general public who is just about at the stage of breaking out the torches and pitchforks. Somehow I doubt if this is what he signed up for.

My bet is that at this point Baez will seek to in some way get off the case before trial in November.

Wonder if her not accepting the deal means that TES and LE are no here near the area they need to be searching or Casey is confident that the body won't be found.

I wonder if JB is going to try to say Casey wasn't mentally fit enough to participate in her own defense. That would help an insanity (does FL have that?) plea.

Here is Cindy's interview from this morning on the today show. She looks and sounds very sedated.

She also mentioned that she gets thousands of tips/calls every day. She is struggling so hard to believe her daughter. If she doesn't believe Casey, she loses everything, and she knows it. Caylee was her joy. I believe she that deep down in her heart, she knows.

Click on the link and go down to the row of videos and click on Cindy's picture video: Video: Grandma believes tot is alive.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032633

I have seen her severala times when she appears very medicated. Frankly, I hope she is. She needs something to keep her from flying off the handle at people willy nilly.

Definitely. But like others have said, it's very understandable. I feel bad for her but can't understand her denial either.
I am sure she is on some anti-anxiety meds. Otherwise she'd be acting bitchy, and irrationally, like she usually does.

No, I didn't say that it would make any difference - I don't believe it would - but it's still a tactic used by a sinking defense, and one I bet we will see in this case.

It is gripping all of us, everywhere - but Orlando on a whole other level.

ETA - and believe me, there are people in this country NOT following this at all. Believe me, some of my friends are so not interested....

Oh, you are so right jbar, chances are prolly 100% that baez will try that. I understand how much the good folks of Orlando are upset by this horror as we out here have drew peterson (gag) to contend with.
Some people follow, some don't, but the majority know and those that don't yet know, if baez would get a venue change, they'd know and be just as disgusted as everyone else is.
imooc.
:)

Cindy needs to stop giving interviews, no one is taking her seriously at this point or giving her additional compassion. She is not helping her daughter's case either. I'm guessing she is taking something for her anxiety to cope with the horrendous events, but she shouldn't be appearing on TV.

They have this spokesperson, the Anthonys should leave any interviews to him to look ridicules. When Cindy and George come to terms with the truth these media clips and interviews will haunt them for years. jmo

I agree with using the spokesman, but they need someone with some credibility, not this bozo. jmo.
He can't get his story straight either.

I can't get an answer anywhere but since 'premeditation ' was brought up--

Does anyone know when those over 200 photos were deleted of Caylee by "mom of the year' Casey?

Nancy Grace said last night it was right before she went missing..is this true?

It gave me chills when she said this , i thought it was after she was missing?
I think something was mentioned on the show where they interview Jesse's dad. But for the life of me, I can't remember where that interview took place. Something was mentioned about Casey having over 300 pics of Caylee on her account, but she deleted over 200 of them. Surely someone can fill in on what show that appeared

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Riverwalkerterah
Back