2008.10.08 Document Release: 400+ pgs + Video

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I work at a bank, it is not as big as BOA, it is an independent bank. But when we go into someones account, their signature comes up because when opening and account you have to sign a signature card. You have to verify that the signatures match and then you can cash the check. So either KC was really good at signing AHs name or the teller didnt even look. I always look because I am so scared that something like this will happen.
Compare the signature on the forged check against Amy's actual signature on her police statement - they're not even close.

When she wrote all the checks and with Amy coming home; how did she think she would get away with it?

What lie would she tell Amy about stealing all her money?

Lulu I have been wondering to myself the same thing....why did she just not steal the clothes and things from Target. She was way more apt to get caught from stealing from Amy.

Compare the signature on the forged check against Amy's actual signature on her police statement - they're not even close.

Yeah I saw that. When that happens, if I was the teller, I would have called the number on the account, which would be AHs to verify that she did write the check. It is a pain to do but I know that you have to cover your own butt! I would not want to lose my job over KC.

I don't know how I missed this before, but I just noticed that when she bought the blue 82 hoodie she bought at the Winter Garden Target. What I find so strange about this is that Winter Garden is no where near her home and on the opposite side (west) of Orlando. Since she was on the west side in Winter Garden that just expands the area of where she could have dumped Caylee to me. There is many different wooded areas (undeveloped) in the Ocoee and Winter Garden areas. Most of our excellent sleuthers have probably already caught on to this, but for me I just noticed it! I can't believe that got past me!

<<why did she just not steal the clothes and things from Target>>

Because if you get caught shoplifting it's a one-way ticket to jail. On the spot. By stealing checks to pay for the shopping spree, she bought time to get away with it. Not to mention there's no way to shoplift that amount of stuff. If someone had noticed she was using stolen checks they would have just rejected the check .... no big deal. She just walks out the door. I think Casey is just an "opportunity" thief. The opportunity presented itself and she took it.

<<The top investigator said they'll ask a grand jury what it looks like to them, and he said it all leads, "to one logical conclusion ... we're going to be able to convict."
Taken from channel 2 news with all due respect! >>

Wow.

<<The top investigator said they'll ask a grand jury what it looks like to them, and he said it all leads, "to one logical conclusion ... we're going to be able to convict."
Taken from channel 2 news with all due respect! >>

Wow.

Yeah I thought it was pretty much a WOW too weasel, that's why I added it! :)

<<why did she just not steal the clothes and things from Target>>

Because if you get caught shoplifting it's a one-way ticket to jail. On the spot. By stealing checks to pay for the shopping spree, she bought time to get away with it. Not to mention there's no way to shoplift that amount of stuff. If someone had noticed she was using stolen checks they would have just rejected the check .... no big deal. She just walks out the door. I think Casey is just an "opportunity" thief. The opportunity presented itself and she took it.

Maybe Casey wasn't concerned with a cover story.

Maybe there is a family dynamic in place wherein Casey illegally taps bank funds of others and Cindy covers her daughter's behind.

Business as usual?

Not sure about sudifed but I know many of those allergy meds that use to be available were taken off the walk through part of the store and put behind the counter. You actually had to ask and show I.D. to purchase because they are used as one of the ingredients for Meth. Not sure if this means anything, but you never know.

;) You are correct about the Sudifed - they do keep it behind the counter as well. Some stores are set up to scan your DL through - documentation required by the gov't - or the stores keep a log in which your DL is recorded and you have to sign. It is my understanding that this way they can monitor the quantity that you are purchasing over time.

;) You are correct about the Sudifed - they do keep it behind the counter as well. Some stores are set up to scan your DL through - documentation required by the gov't - or the stores keep a log in which your DL is recorded and you have to sign. It is my understanding that this way they can monitor the quantity that you are purchasing over time.

Thank you for clarifying that for me! Yeah I guess if you try to purchase large amounts it sends up a red flag. I am so glad they did that, even though it is a pain if you get a cold. lol

Maybe she was going to use the kidnapping story to milk her friends and family out of money to give to the fantasy kidnappers and only she had the 'script' but something went wrong with her story---Caylee died and she was having trouble getting rid of the 'smell', something that wasn't in the script. It all went downhill from there. I do think she was trying to set something up to get out of town but got caught first.

Maybe Casey wasn't concerned with a cover story.

Maybe there is a family dynamic in place wherein Casey illegally taps bank funds of others and Cindy covers her daughter's behind.

Business as usual?

Sounds like it to me. She had already taken money out of her grandmother's account and I'm sure there are other times and other people we don't know about.

I'm posting under my mom's name...she's at work so I have to do her dirty work! hehe
But I do have a degree in Criminology and Psychology, so believe me, this fascinates me just as much as you all! But in case you don't like what I say, don't yell at her!:)

I just had a thought....I still can't figure out why she was buying all these clothes from target. I mean, I love target clothes, but I'm 23 and broke! And I don't care about "labels" like a lot of ppl my age. She just seems so concerned with her grand image, wouldn't she want (or thinks she deserves) the most expensive stuff??

I understand the higher-end stores might check ID more closely, but then why not cash a check and use the cash to pay for it??

The only thing I can think of is that maybe she's been doing this for a long time, and Target is where she's gotten away with it before/where she feels comfortable??....I dunno....

How many strawberries and cherries can one eat??...She bought them on the 8th a few pounds of each and again on the 10th..just another weird thing..lol.

Yea, and Yoplait too...an 8 pk of yogurt on each day. All that yogurt and what, 6 to 8 lbs of fresh fruit in two days for (supposedly) her and AL? Very weird...

Two boxes of batter mix, too. Cherry cobbler?

Fresh cherries for cobbler? She'd have to pit them, stew them, sweeten them, etc. I dunno, just seems like an awful lot of work when you can easily use can of ready made cherry filling to make a cobbler.

Yea, and Yoplait too...an 8 pk of yogurt on each day. All that yogurt and what, 6 to 8 lbs of fresh fruit in two days for (supposedly) her and AL? Very weird...

It almost seems like she was buying for a cook out or something. She has 2 of most everything food wise that she bought. I find it strange.

I'm posting under my mom's name...she's at work so I have to do her dirty work! hehe
But I do have a degree in Criminology and Psychology, so believe me, this fascinates me just as much as you all! But in case you don't like what I say, don't yell at her!:)

I just had a thought....I still can't figure out why she was buying all these clothes from target. I mean, I love target clothes, but I'm 23 and broke! And I don't care about "labels" like a lot of ppl my age. She just seems so concerned with her grand image, wouldn't she want (or thinks she deserves) the most expensive stuff??

I understand the higher-end stores might check ID more closely, but then why not cash a check and use the cash to pay for it??

The only thing I can think of is that maybe she's been doing this for a long time, and Target is where she's gotten away with it before/where she feels comfortable??....I dunno....

I agree..some of the clothes that LE took from her closet were Target and Walmart brands Mossimo etc. so she has a running reputation for wearing cheaper clothing.

Watching NG last night a thought occurred to me. I like the rest of you could not figure why KC would be so obvious and sign her own name to the checks on AH account.
I realized that in her mind she could always claim Identity theft herself. " that wasn't me, I would never do such a thing, somebody is trying to frame me" she (KC) does tend to think people would believe what ever she says. She apparently had been doing this for years. Nobody thus far had checked the cameras in these stores or banks, why would they now?

Why shop at Target and the other stores she shopped at? These people are busy like the rest of us. How often to you NOT have to wait in line at target, or is there not a line behind you? Go where its busy, go where going that extra mile for a worker just might take to much time.

BTW I love target and can never get out of there with out spending at least 100 bucks.:D

When she wrote all the checks and with Amy coming home; how did she think she would get away with it?

What lie would she tell Amy about stealing all her money?

According to Amy's sworn statement, Cindy called Amy the night of the 15th and Amy heard over the phone Casey admitting to stealing her checks. LE was there talking to Casey at the time, too. She came right out with the truth on that...go figure. :bang:

BUT, to entertain your question. I wonder if Cindy hadn't called police if Casey would have told Amy something like this:
"Amy baby, I am sooo sorry. I just meant to 'borrow' your checks because my bank transfer didn't go through for some reason :)liar:) and my bank put my money in the wrong account and then my account was on hold while they were giving me the run around and I was a week straightening it out with them and I still haven't straightened out completely. I'm switching banks, but anyway whatever...I was in a jam. HUGE jam. I actually was going to ask you first but the calls to your cell while you were in PR would not go through...it was so weird, plus I lost my phone that keeps a charge so that was a pain but without a doubt, I will ABSOLUTELY pay you back, honey." (can you just hear it? :sick:)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back