2008.10.22 Nancy Grace

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes.

The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.
I read this a few weeks ago. That's really incredible, isn't it?
I think the prosecution will show the accuracy of those cadaver dogs used in the Anthony's backyard too.
Not only did one dog hit on the areas in the backyard, but 2 dogs hit on the exact same areas. That says alot I believe.

No, I don't think the smell of gas would interfere with cadaver dogs in the yard.

However, the search I am talking about is the one done by GA and CA when they were looking for Caylee in their backyard. They looked under the playhouse, IIRC.

Your right...... they did look under the play house....I think they also looked inside the little storage bench that they have in the yard.

Who the Hell does that unless you think that something is horribly wrong?

It wasn't just a trace amount according to the Body Farm. It was also pure Chloroform. The air was completely saturated in the trunk. There is no way that pool water on her hair and clothes are going to account for it.

0.02 to 0.05 ppb is to be expected in the air.
900,000 ppb will start to cause side effects in people breathing it.

The original reports on the chloroform said "significant" amounts were present. I don't think it was accidently created and I actually don't buy that she made it at home. She may have looked up how to do it, but I can't see her playing chemist completely untraced.

speaking of Kobi back tracking....

Anyone else remeber when C called in to the show after the chlo was first released to the media? Kobi said to CA that Chlor COULDN'T be made from chlorine and urine and was VERY UNLIKELY to have been mixed chemicals!

I need to find that interview and send it to Lawson Lamar!

Yes, I remember that. He is seriously contradicting himself. His testimony will be worthless. Every show is transcribed so it won't be hard to call him on anything he has said.

Honestly, I can't imagine why he would throw his reputation away to defend KC. His opinion isn't worth two cents now.

It wasn't just a trace amount according to the Body Farm. It was also pure Chloroform. The air was completely saturated in the trunk. There is no way that pool water on her hair and clothes are going to account for it.

Do you happen to have a link to LE saying the air was saturated with Chloroform?

Yep GA put $50 in, Bounty hunter put another $50, one donor put $100 and another donor put another $50 in. So she has $250 to go on her shopping spree with and it isnt her money.

That is a lot of vaginal cream:eek:

Your right...... they did look under the play house....I think they also looked inside the little storage bench that they have in the yard.

Who the Hell does that unless you think that something is horribly wrong?

They must have thought Zanni had snuck into their back yard and put Caylee there somewhere. Since they've believed Casey's kidnap story from "day one".

Is the commissary like an actual little store?? That the inmates go into and browse around and pick out items to buy?
I have no idea.
According to the response from the people on NG's panel, this is very unusual to have such items for purchase in a jail.
I hope at Casey's next home, she will not have access to any such luxuries!

That doesn't answer the question of how long a body needs to be deceased in order to leave a scent the dogs can detect.

It says the bodies they were indentifying correctly over a month later had been dead for 3 hours or less. So if her more than 3 hour old corpse was laid anywhere, even 2-10 minutes it would leave a detectable scent.

If there were ONLY searches of chloroform or if there was ONLY chloroform in the trunk, we wouldn't be having this conversation, but the fact that both of these are in evidence shows premeditation, no doubt about it.

Just to keep this on topic, one of the defense attorneys on the show tonight said as much as well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out – of a line-up of six new carpet squares – the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes.

The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation.

I'm not questioning the dogs at all - I'm talking about people

If you put a dead person in a trunk & stand outside that trunk how long do you think it would take before you started to smell "A dead Body"

I say more than a few hours - I'm only guessing but I'd say a few days

Cough, John Edwards, Cough, cough....

OJ shoes (pic) of them that he said he never owned ..so I think the Globe & Enq. tell half truths like KC but at times they get it right.. JMO :bang::rolleyes::waitasec:

Aren't they supposed to release more evidense this week, some of what the GJ heard last week?
Did I dream that, or did I really read that somewhere?:crazy:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back