2008.12.25 Is it a Book in the Woods?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Forgive me if this has already been stated (I just started reading the thread) and I know there is a cross necklace in this case but has it been proven to be missing at this point? One thing that IS MISSING is the Tiffany ring (heart shaped). Cindy could not find it and asked Casey about it in one of the jailhouse visits and she said she did not know where it was at. I wonder if this ring has been found yet (either by CA or police).

Those items were probably taken to a pawn shop or sold to someone that Casey knew for the money they would bring. Casey would have sold Caylee if she thought she could have gotten away with it.

Aha! Thanks for clearing that up for me, JBean! :blowkiss:
You are very welcome. The book can be discussed anyway we want,debate if it is or isn't,what it means, what it doesn't mean, if it is a book at all and what the possibilities are.

But we cannot say that LE has confirmed it as Caylee's book until LE confirms it is Caylee's book.

I see a duck or a bird, in the book from the woods without seeing all the pages in the book from the nursing home, it's hard to say.

I found the book and copied all of the pages in color! Can anyone tell me how to post them, or I could email them to anyone who can post them here. I'm sorry, I have no experience with posting!

I will tell you how to post them.
First, go to http://photobucket.com/ and click the join now button.
You will need to set up a user name and a password. Don't use your real name.
And then, follow the directions at the site on how to upload your images from
your computer to your PhotoBucket account.
Then, use the Image URL to post the images directly to here.

I found the book and copied all of the pages in color! Can anyone tell me how to post them, or I could email them to anyone who can post them here. I'm sorry, I have no experience with posting!

Great job! All you have to do is go to www.photobucket.com and create an account (they're free). Hit upload and then choose Browse and pick the file from where you have it saved on your computer, hit upload and it will upload it to photobucket. You take the URL link (last link that it shows after uploading) and copy it and paste into a post here. Does that make any sense? Just do that with each page and then you can post all the URLs in one post here.

Thanks so much NonnaB. I spent a few hours today searching through online images and in the basement through children's books but could not locate it. I searched the author Cyndy S. also Richard S., Lisa McC.--it looks familar to me. Anxious to see the comparison photos. All google image search photos only give covers.

I will tell you how to post them.
First, go to http://photobucket.com/ and click the join now button.
You will need to set up a user name and a password. Don't use your real name.
And then, follow the directions at the site on how to upload your images from
your computer to your PhotoBucket account.
Then, use the Image URL to post the images directly to here.

Great job! All you have to do is go to www.photobucket.com and create an account (they're free). Hit upload and then choose Browse and pick the file from where you have it saved on your computer, hit upload and it will upload it to photobucket. You take the URL link (last link that it shows after uploading) and copy it and paste into a post here. Does that make any sense? Just do that with each page and then you can post all the URLs in one post here.
You are so sweet! Unfortunately that is copyrighted material and so we cannot post it here.Thank you though:blowkiss:

None of the items you've listed survived in perfect condition, right? The photo of the book in the woods shows the edges of the cover/page to be close to perfect. There's no bubbling, swelling, tearing, wearing away, etc. So, IMO, while it is possible for the book to survive, even PROBABLE that it would survive in some form, it is improbable that it would survive in a clearly recognizable, almost undamaged condition.

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but IF (and that is a HUGE IF in my mind!) this is one of Caylee's books, maybe LE got all excited BECAUSE it was in too good of condition? Perhaps they think the condition is such that would suggest it was dropped off near the body at a LATER DATE.

Now THAT is something I can see causing LE to swiftly return to the Anthony home for another search: If the book were seen IN the home during the first searches and NOW is in the woods.........well, LE needs to know if the book in the woods is a (coincidental or not) duplicate or if the book from the home somehow made it to the site where the body was found.

Just shows you how my mind works!

I don't see how we can infer that the book is in perfect condition from that photo- at all. We can barely even make out what is on the cover. I think it is very possible/probable that the cover of the book wasn't torn or damaged in standing water. In Katrina, some paper files were easily torn because of the nature of the storm- our flooding occurred when a huge wall of water washed in, not gathering due to rain accumulating. The water in Katrina literally destroyed some houses, but left lightbulbs completely unbroken in the rubble, photoalbums soaked, but intact, yearbooks, etc. So I think it's possible- it's just hit or miss with these kind of things. Same with the patient files- some were wet, but still bound together/intact and some where in pieces. I just think it's very probable that the book was soaked but didn't tear into pieces.

Just weighing in with my opinion on "The Yellow Book"

The book found at the crime scene does not appear to me to be the book from the nursing home.

I'm basing that on the assumption that the photo from the crime scene is showing the actual cover of the book.

It may be that we are looking at an open "Page" from the book

The book is most likely made from paper & cardboard & maybe it fell apart from being under water.

Does anyone have the actual book that Caylee was reading in the nursing home?

If so maybe you can look through the book to see if any of the pages match up with the crime scene photo.

I don't see how we can infer that the book is in perfect condition from that photo- at all. We can barely even make out what is on the cover. I think it is very possible/probable that the cover of the book wasn't torn or damaged in standing water. In Katrina, some paper files were easily torn because of the nature of the storm- our flooding occurred when a huge wall of water washed in, not gathering due to rain accumulating. The water in Katrina literally destroyed some houses, but left lightbulbs completely unbroken in the rubble, photoalbums soaked, but intact, yearbooks, etc. So I think it's possible- it's just hit or miss with these kind of things. Same with the patient files- some were wet, but still bound together/intact and some where in pieces. I just think it's very probable that the book was soaked but didn't tear into pieces.

bold is mine

Babycat, I posted yesterday about my Katrina experience and photo albums that remained intact. So, I concur with your statement. It's really the luck of the draw.

I don't think what we see in the photo is a page from Suppertime for Frieda Fuzzypaws, however. It is yellow, and there appears to be an image of a cat, but a very different one from the Fuzzpaws. The illustrations in the Fuzzypaws books depict large cats with humanlike expressions who wear clothes. The cat I see in the crime scene photo is drawn on a much smaller scale and looks more like a natural feline. In fact, it looks like an illustrated version of the striped stuffed animal lying on the ground near the book.

NonnaB, you are an angel! I'm fairly convinced the page in the photo is not from the book in the video, but I'd still love to see all of the pages. I spent a good while searching online yesterday until my family threatened to disown me. :crazy:

Well, if it can't be posted here because it is copyrighted material, then NonnaB can still get a PhotoBucket account and simply give us a link to the pictures.
In order to do that, follow beckaroozie's instructions:
You take the URL link (last link that it shows after uploading) and copy it and paste into a post here.

You are so sweet! Unfortunately that is copyrighted material and so we cannot post it here.Thank you though:blowkiss:

Good point JB! I didn't think about that, doh. Sorry :bang:

Well, if it can't be posted here because it is copyrighted material, then NonnaB can still get a PhotoBucket account and simply give us a link to the pictures.
In order to do that, follow beckaroozie's instructions:
You take the URL link (last link that it shows after uploading) and copy it and paste into a post here.

She'll just need to post a link to her photobucket account in a post here. Just copy the http:// info in the top address bar when you're in your account and paste it in the post.

None of the items you've listed survived in perfect condition, right? The photo of the book in the woods shows the edges of the cover/page to be close to perfect. There's no bubbling, swelling, tearing, wearing away, etc. So, IMO, while it is possible for the book to survive, even PROBABLE that it would survive in some form, it is improbable that it would survive in a clearly recognizable, almost undamaged condition.

Maybe I'm the only one thinking this, but IF (and that is a HUGE IF in my mind!) this is one of Caylee's books, maybe LE got all excited BECAUSE it was in too good of condition? Perhaps they think the condition is such that would suggest it was dropped off near the body at a LATER DATE.

Now THAT is something I can see causing LE to swiftly return to the Anthony home for another search: If the book were seen IN the home during the first searches and NOW is in the woods.........well, LE needs to know if the book in the woods is a (coincidental or not) duplicate or if the book from the home somehow made it to the site where the body was found.

Just shows you how my mind works!
i thought the same thing, what if the book was in the trash bag? whatwould it look like. is that how they found the book. if they find that book in the Anthony house. what does that mean? :waitasec:

i thought the same thing, what if the book was in the trash bag? whatwould it look like. is that how they found the book. if they find that book in the Anthony house. what does that mean? :waitasec:

Don't you think that by now LE knows if this is the book or not? Also, surely they know by now if there are finger prints on the duct tape. Be glad when they tell. Soon I hope.

Copyright law does allow under the Fair Use Doctrine for copying portions of a work for criticism, comment, etc. provided it's not for profit.

U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.
Section 107. Limitations on Exclusive Rights: Fair Use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified in that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include --

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.

Copyright law does allow under the Fair Use Doctrine for copying portions of a work for criticism, comment, etc. provided it's not for profit.

U.S. Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C.
Section 107. Limitations on Exclusive Rights: Fair Use

Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 106 and 106A, the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies or phonorecords or by any other means specified in that section, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching (including multiple copies for classroom use), scholarship, or research is not an infringement of copyright. In determining whether the use made of a work in any particular case is a fair use the factors to be considered shall include --

(1) the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

(2) the nature of the copyrighted work;

(3) the amount and substantiality of the portion used in relation to the copyrighted work as a whole; and

(4) the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.
Fair use allows us to post a portion with a link to the original website. One or 2 sentences of an article or about 10%.
We cannot post scanned items of the actual work here. sorry.

Fair use allows us to post a portion with a link to the original website. One or 2 sentences of an article or about 10%.
We cannot post scanned items here. sorry.

No problem. I was just trying to help.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710
Back