2009.01.21 Document Release

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
IMO, the reason LE was at the Anthony's house on Friday.

very possible.

what is this 'note' that people are talking about regarding the info on lee's dna in the documents? the thread is closed, so i couldn't ask there, and i couldn't find any kind of note when i looked again...

When I read the report, I got a different sense of what was going on. I thought that AFTER both Dr. Lee and Dr. Haskell ? (this was further on in the report) examined the evidence, the CSI team went back and found more hairs, bagged them and sent them off. I got the impression (I don't know why) that the hairs were FROM both Dr. Lee and Dr. Haskell and had been transerred to the items while they were being examined. No, I am not saying they planted evidence - I am saying it was hair they shed, to use a word, while they were investigating and the CSI people did a second sweep just for that reason. Does anyone know if this actually could occur?

Macushla, I don't see how this could not be the case. People shed hair and skin all the time. If I were the LE, I would inspect everything the defense experts looked at.
The only person to not have shed hair or skin or left a footprint or any evidence behind was the intruder who was the Ramsey's home the night JonBenet was killed.

I'm not going to look for it, my old eyes are tired enough tonight from squinting at the documents.

The post that started all this new speculation said that the new documents listed the DNA tests for all three and then the results for Cindy and George and not Lee and hmmmm, wasn't that something. I haven't been able to find anything other than a list of the DNA samples being taken and a list showing they were returned by the lab, no results.

I've asked several times if the person who posted this would tell us where to find these results. No one has replied.

My understanding re what was being discussed is this...

In the document dump today, it was discovered that OCSO had requested LE to test Lee's DNA against Caylee's DNA. Then it was discovered that another document states that those test results were not being attached and many are curious as to why the results are not being made public.

I think it was just the fact that this test was actually ordered by OCSO that caused everyone's shock. Most of us thought it was nothing more than nasty rumours, so it's very interesting that LE ran the test and aren't disclosing the result. But, of course, tomorrow we may get that result and find out police only ordered the test because of unbased rumour. I suppose we will have to wait and see if they explain why they ordered it and what the result is. I would think someone will address it soon. But maybe Lee's lawyer already did that 2 weeks ago...maybe he was getting us ready for it...or maybe he's just not much good in front of a camera...lol.

I've found a video with Potato Head people. Still looking for hose stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiQK700P8nM At 3:12 in the video.

It's hard to watch. :frown:

Yes, it's very hard to watch.

I guess you might be right, that could be the picture I'm thinking of, I have seen this tribute before, but I still think I saw one with My Little Ponies, but now I'm not positive. Seems like the picture I was thinking of Caylee was standing behind the middle of the table, not off to the left, but who knows anymore. This case makes me so dizzy, my mind could be playing tricks on me.

I have 2 things I remember from reading all this, although I am so tired I couldn't find a link for you even if I knew how, so maybe they will job the memories of others.
1-during the recent hearing on tv that the judge called casey to court for, when the attorneys where going over various motions with the judge while waiting for casey's arrival, one of the issues mentioned was results of all dna testing, fingerprints taken etc. JB said he had not recieved any yet, the judge asked SA why and SA stated the results had not be finalized by FBI and they would supply them when they got them. I am guessing LE will not release anything on them anytime soon by that conversation, but I might be wrong.
2-wasn't there at one point a pic of casey and 2 of her friends wearing tshirts with something they had written on them? Maybe with iron on letters? It was from one of the many parties, had views from the front and back, the 3 girls were laughing and standing arm n arm. I think maybe even had the same thing on the front of all 3 tees and the back had each girls name. I think I had seen it when everyone was trying to put names to faces about who was who.
Anyone else remember these things, or have I had KC Koolaid tonight?

It seems that (after reading the evidence list from the crime scene) none of the items found can be seen in any of the photos. It makes sense that OCSO would not release photos showing evidence at the scene.
ITA.

In addition, I think all items that were at the scene were not mentioned in the search warrant. The items in the search warrant were all ones that would indicate a reason to collect items from the home. For example... heart sticker found, check the home for heart sticker sheets. Pooh blanket found, check the home for Pooh items. Garbage bag found, check home for garbage bags. Duct tape found, check home for duct tape. Toy horse, probably from a set is found, check home for other matching horses.

If they found her book, and I think they did, there is no reason to search the home for that or any related items to the book - what would they be? This search warrant is not supposed to indicate all the items found at the crime scene, just the ones that were found that they felt were worth collecting related items from the home.

You all know what the fabric softener sheet was for right ?
To try to *freshen up* the trunk

OR did it fall out of the laundry bag ????

Did anyone notice all the empty containers of Velveeta they found in the trunk? Wasn't that odd? It suddenly occurred to me that when my dog was sick, the only way she would take pills was if I put them tin a piece of soft cheese -- like Velveeta. If Caylee was given something like, say Xanax (Zanny) maybe Casey put it in the cheese so she would easily take it. Don't know if this has been discussed, but that's a whole lot of empty cheese containers in a trunk. Very strange.

Ohhh, Memphis, good catch. Loads of Velvetta cheese containers in the car would certainly make me say "What the heck?" Your idea for the need for lots of cheese makes sense.

My understanding re what was being discussed is this...

In the document dump today, it was discovered that OCSO had requested LE to test Lee's DNA against Caylee's DNA.
Then it was discovered that another document states that those test results were not being attached and many are curious as to why the results are not being made public.

I think it was just the fact that this test was actually ordered by OCSO that caused everyone's shock. Most of us thought it was nothing more than nasty rumours, so it's very interesting that LE ran the test and aren't disclosing the result. But, of course, tomorrow we may get that result and find out police only ordered the test because of unbased rumour. I suppose we will have to wait and see if they explain why they ordered it and what the result is. I would think someone will address it soon. But maybe Lee's lawyer already did that 2 weeks ago...maybe he was getting us ready for it...or maybe he's just not much good in front of a camera...lol.

Thanks for that breakdown I was a bit bogged by it all

Can you provide the link where the order is by Osco ?

Ta

Ok I read through all the pages of posts just now and I have so much to say:D

But first, one note, the DNA Parentage Test Report (item K-1) was sent TO the FBI, not back from them. I would imagine this is the report from JG's paternity test and was used as a clear sample of Caylee's DNA for comparison to all items. Evidence sent by County to FBI documents Page 23

Maybe you understand DNA better than I do and would love if you could explain how JG's paternity test could possibly be used as a "clear" sample of Caylee's DNA????? And what precisely are you saying they would be comparing to all items...JG's DNA, Caylee's, a combo?...I am very confused??

I have no idea what this means and I suspect others who know something about DNA are similarly confused. I would be grateful if you could explain it to us.

I still think the cheese containers were just what was in the trash from Tone's as It has been stated by LE that the trash bag in the trunk was trash from Tone's apt.
and perhapes they made mac and cheese or somthing..

Dawn, we don't actually have an official list of evidence found at the crime scene (woods). What we have is a narrative. It's tempting to think the narrative mentions everything found there - but it may not. A small toy horse is mentioned, but not a book.

Regarding the velveeta-I think the contents of the trash bag were consistent with a cleanup after a party. Various soda cans, beer, tobacco, cigarettes, etc. Whenever I have people over, I make a chilli-cheese dip with those big blocks of velveeta and chili. I'm guessing that's why the velveeta packages were in trash. I doubt there was anything sinister going on with the cheese. :)

I found this interesting:
"In late June, Cynthia came to Debbie (Polisano) and said she was having problems at home and wanted to take some time off during the day. Cynthia said she and George were having problems because George and Casey were fighting and George was really mad at Casey".
I can't remember exactly when the gas can inncident, will have to go look it up, but I was under the impression that the A's had not seen nore heard from KC and Caylee during that time, other than GA with the gas can inncident IIRC. Looking at the cell phone records, I don't see where KC had any phone conversations with GA long enough to actually fight. So does this mean that GA was seeing KC on a regular basis at the A home during this time? If so, and CA is complaining to co-workers about GA and CA's constant fighting, then she too knew all along that KC had been going home. Have I missed something? I was under the impression from statements that the A's had not physically seen her at all during this time period.

I found that very interesting too. Particularly when I consider his jail visits with her...I would have thought he was incapable of getting angry at her. He sits there all calm and sweetheart with her when her child is missing, so it's hard to imagine anything would ever get him angry at her, if not losing her child.

Which bag came first?

I have seen several posts, as well as links to news articles regarding whether the remains were in the garbage bag first and then the laundry bag, or the laundry bag first and then the garbage bag.

The actual terminology from the report is:

"The remains appeared to have originally been within a black garbage bag and within a cloth laundry hamper bag." Search Warrant, Page 6

I don't think it can be determined from this wording which was the inner bag and which was the outer bag. It could be read either way, IMO.

MR said in the second 911 call Page 7 that he saw a "gray, vinyl-like bag, like a pool cover or something like that".

To me that doesn't sound like a cloth laundry bag or a black garbage bag.

Maybe you understand DNA better than I do and would love if you could explain how JG's paternity test could possibly be used as a "clear" sample of Caylee's DNA????? And what precisely are you saying they would be comparing to all items...JG's DNA, Caylee's, a combo?...I am very confused??

I have no idea what this means and I suspect others who know something about DNA are similarly confused. I would be grateful if you could explain it to us.
JG's paternity test would have nothing at all to do with Caylee's DNA. However, since Caylee was tested for the paternity issue under more controlled circumstances and it wasn't coming from a hair root etc....I can see how it would be considered to be "clear".

Make sense now?

sorry if this has be mentioned....about the laundry bag.....

KC did do laundry at RM place..in his interview he said she was there early one day doing laundry, and I would assume at TonE....

I wonder if she had the laundry bag before Caylee went missing and then used something else after she went missing.......

I wonder if they are able to tell if its the same one that Caylee was in....

When I read the report, I got a different sense of what was going on. I thought that AFTER both Dr. Lee and Dr. Haskell ? (this was further on in the report) examined the evidence, the CSI team went back and found more hairs, bagged them and sent them off. I got the impression (I don't know why) that the hairs were FROM both Dr. Lee and Dr. Haskell and had been transerred to the items while they were being examined. No, I am not saying they planted evidence - I am saying it was hair they shed, to use a word, while they were investigating and the CSI people did a second sweep just for that reason. Does anyone know if this actually could occur?

Excellent point. I didn't read it closely enough to get that impression, but it certainly occurred to me that unless every person who examined all these items was wearing a hair net, they could contribute to the hair in the trunk.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
539edtje
Back