2009.02.09 - The cousin that visited....

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Missing Girl’s Grandmother Talks About Suspicious Circumstances

Last Update: 7:09 pm

SATSUMA, Fla. --- Teresa Neves was practically in tears talking to us about a man who was in town the day Haleigh Cummings disappeared

“It’s not like he walked up with a sign and said hey, you know, I’m a cousin who’s done this and this and this…my son would have beat him through the door…we just wouldn’t let people like that around our grandchildren,” said Teresa Neves.

Neves is talking about Misty Croslin’s cousin. Misty is the 17-year-old girlfriend of Haleigh Cumming’s father Ronald Cummings. She said the man came to visit Misty’s family a few weeks before Haleigh disappeared. During that time, Neves said the man stole a gun from Cummings’ home. That gun was taken back when Neves said her son confronted the man about taking the weapon.

http://www.cbs47.com/content/topsto...-About-Suspicious/RnLAsZ1TMkauL5S_7_x17A.cspx

I am bumping this thread and this snippet from a video article from CBS47. This is the darn video I have been searching for relentlessly! It is no longer available but we can read here the important part( I think) Ronald confronted Joe and got the gun back.

Did Joe want the gun that badly?

Also someone asked on another thread, Joe O is a maternal cousin. I won't mention the name, but another close relative of Joe is in prison and has an extensive criminal record.

I am bumping this thread and this snippet from a video article from CBS47. This is the darn video I have been searching for relentlessly! It is no longer available but we can read here the important part( I think) Ronald confronted Joe and got the gun back.

Did Joe want the gun that badly?

Also someone asked on another thread, Joe O is a maternal cousin. I won't mention the name, but another close relative of Joe is in prison and has an extensive criminal record.

Elle, I may not be understanding what you're saying, but if RC confronted JO and got the gun back, how'd it get in the culvert?

Elle, I may not be understanding what you're saying, but if RC confronted JO and got the gun back, how'd it get in the culvert?

lol....I am not trying to say anything, just another memory I had about yet another fight, gun/ story that doesn't make a bit of sense. In the above snippet we have from Teresa about the gun. Seeing how she knew about it I have to believe LE have questioned her extensively about it and if stories aren't adding up, we will soon know ....I think.....jmo

I had originally thought that TN denied there was a fight over the gun. A confrontation means something went on, and I wish we knew for certain when that was. I hope LE knows.

lol....I am not trying to say anything, just another memory I had about yet another fight, gun/ story that doesn't make a bit of sense. In the above snippet we have from Teresa about the gun. Seeing how she knew about it I have to believe LE have questioned her extensively about it and if stories aren't adding up, we will soon know ....I think.....jmo

LOL, it'll drive us nuts if we let it. Hard to find anything that makes sense sometimes.

Here is a article talking about the threat Joe made to Ron:

SNIPPED-------------------------------------------------------------------

Misty Croslin's Family Points Finger at Relative
Jackelyn Barnard Created: 3/4/2009 5:53:30 PM Updated: 3/4/2009 9:45:40 PM

Police confirm the FBI has talked to Joe. Croslin's father says he spoke to police about the teenager on Tuesday. "I was into the police station yesterday telling them everything. I hope I don't get in trouble for saying, but ya know. I don't know what else to do."

The First Coast News I-team has found Joe's myspace page. The last posting on his site is from February 22, 2009.

A friend by the name of Thomas told Joe, "Just go back down there and help find the lil girl it just might clear your name."

The Croslins say about two weeks before Haleigh disappeared, Joe and Haleigh's dad, Ronald Cummings, had an issue over a gun. "He stole Ronald's gun. One morning, on the porch, said, Ronald will get what's coming to him. It was dropped, he left and Haleigh was gone," says Lisa Croslin.

Police confirm they are investigating the information about the stolen gun.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=132845&catid=3

If this is true about Joe, does anyone remember ealy on that there was a sighting of Haleigh in Tennesse. What if what was in the blue cooler is not Haleigh but evidence and Joe took Haleigh to Tennesse.

I do NOT buy for a second that everyone was soooo skeered of Jo, for over a year that none of them were able to come forward!!!

What exactly would he do to anyone if they came forward? He was in TN and then were still in FL, it's just crazy!!!

I do think someone talked, and I do believe that they are very close to answers and justice for Haleigh, I just don't believe that Jo is the answer.

~jmo

All I know is that I hope and pray to god that in the next couple of days Haleigh will be brought home and we will know the answers .....

:cautionDrunk:

I cannot imagine anyone getting away with taking rc's guns...no way.

She may be brought home but as for answers I doubt that will happen anytime soon, look at the Caylee case.

Notice how these people take bits of pieces of stories and arrange different times and dates to them.

Now we are back to the gun story and it is arranged AGAIN. As far as I am concerned a gun plays into this somehow, someway. The one we know who likes to threaten with guns if rc. The others may but we have heard from other people and rc himself about threatening to shoot people or put guns in their mouths. Regarding rc, we can't believe him or tn. We have to assess him through his own behavior and other's observations.

Why did JO want the gun in rc's house? Was it JO's gun and not rc's? Exactly how many guns does rc have? I know of three...has to be more. Wasn't there also a story floating around about rc and a gun prior to his going to work that day? How many times do we need to hear about his threats before we say rc is in this somehow in this mess. To be fair, JO is also a Gun enthusiast...Yikes! look at his my space. Why would he want to take a tiny five year old though? That is strange, even for a criminal. Every single piece of information we get is always contradicted. Because everything we know is a lie. These people lie like they breathe.

The only one that appears to tell the truth in this saga is Crystal and look what she got for it. She appears sincere in her writing and in her words.

Did rc say on one of the tapes you guys were talking about that his cousin was there? Wasn't his cousin or a relative the one who worked for Artic Air and was servicing the MH?

Authorities in Tennessee Question Misty Croslin's Relative About Haleigh Cummings' Disappearance
Patricia Jimenez Jackelyn Barnard Created: 4/14/2010 4:34:08 AM Updated: 4/14/2010 8:56:58 AM

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Authorities have interviewed another one of Misty Croslin's relatives in reference to Haleigh Cummings' disappearance.

Croslin's cousin, Joe Overstreet, 20, of Nashville, Tenn., was interviewed late Tuesday night.

Haleigh Cummings, 5, disappeared from her Satsuma home in Feb. 2009 while in the care of her former stepmother, Croslin. The case has never been solved. Tuesday, officials pursuing a new tip, searched part of the St. Johns River a few miles from the home.

Overstreet has been interviewed by police before, but his mother, who said she also is Croslin's aunt, said Tuesday afternoon her family had not heard from police in months.

It's been six months since police contacted her son. "My son is at home, not doing anything, not bothering anyone and people continue to bother him

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/news-article.aspx?storyid=154726&catid=3

genthumb.ashx

I do NOT buy for a second that everyone was soooo skeered of Jo, for over a year that none of them were able to come forward!!!

What exactly would he do to anyone if they came forward? He was in TN and then were still in FL, it's just crazy!!!

I do think someone talked, and I do believe that they are very close to answers and justice for Haleigh, I just don't believe that Jo is the answer.

~jmo

I'm not buying it either - especially since Misty took a little haitus to Tennessee after Ron divorced her. If she was that scared of Joe would she really be caught anywhere near where he lives, alone? Tommy afraid of Joe - naw, just my opinion this is another of those "dream states". Ron's the guy that put the headless rat in Tommy's mailbox.

If JO was such a frightful man, why let him take off with a baby girl? Then follow up with a year of "I don't know anything."

Unless you look at it as they (the Cs) are ALL murderers/liars. I can't make sense of it any other way.

Plus obviously there is a mystery man, who MC has never ID'd all these months. The third man from her dream'/hypnosis.:twocents:

I need to read this thread again, and maybe I'll understand.

Investigators confirmed on Friday that they have traveled to Tennessee to interview a relative of Croslin who visited the family before Haleigh's disappearance.

This is going to get very interesting after the interview,because anyone not quilty but had fingers pointed at them,they'll talk to point the finger the other way.And imagine if Ron's family started point at Misty,her family would probably have more to say.As time goes on,it's not going to be a whole one family,one for all scenerio.

The cousin was interviewed by investigators back in Feb 2009. This is good because whatever he said to LE then is on record.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CalamityGirl
Back