2009.02.18 Haleigh's Parents Taken to Sheriff's Office

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are in a relationship, have been living together for a little more than 5 months (their words), and have shared the same bed for that duration...I think it's fair to say they're having sex. Bottom line is, what is the actual age of consent in Florida. I found the age to be 18 when a person is 24 or over, but have also seen sites that inform 16/18...so I'm unsure. Also, I saved a couple of photos of MC where, according to the date, she was wayyy underage to be drunk...yet the caption informs she's drunk. Is MC emancipated? Has anyone found that out yet? Reason I'm asking is b/c if she isn't, couldn't her parents have gotten in trouble for her not attending school? Some states it's 16, but others are 18 (legal age to sign yourself out of a school program). I'm a little confused when researching some of these laws and wondering why certain issues aren't brought up in the media & pressers from LE.

IMO, it's not an issue right now. I don't know the intricacies of Florida state law, but to waste time talking about that aspect of this case right now, is just that.......a waste of time.

Because in the scope of things, Misty sleeping with Ron or Misty drinking is not really important when you have a little girl out there missing.

Yeah, I know, I said that in my previous post. Some things just don't make sense, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate
My theory on the parents trip to the Sheriff Dept-

Ron was picked up by the investigator because they don't want him to have the means to leave when they tell him that they think Misty is somehow responsible for this.

I'm thinking she may have confessed to something.......

And since Ron appears to be a hothead, they don't want him to be able to leave and go after her.

A'Hoy there...I think you hit the nail on the head.

This is what I would think as well. Ron did say he would shoot the person no matter who they were and even if they were in the back of the Sheriff's car....

I read on here that her parents are both deceased.

That is incorrect. Her Mother and Father are both alive. Her mom has been with her in at least 1 interview. Her father is in a full leg cast due to some accident that happened well before Haliegh went missing.

Amen Busylady! I don't think we'll see charges against Ron if Misty was responsible for this.

*IF* they can keep him away from her....He is a hothead like you said. :behindbar

I think you are right Pirate, LE does not want him to have a vehicle, he will losse it, if in fact they have a confession or a body!!

This is what I would think as well. Ron did say he would shoot the person no matter who they were and even if they were in the back of the Sheriff's car....

In this case, breaking bad news would have to be done in a controlled environment.

do the parents have to press charges in a statutory rape case? or is that just what usually happens? can parents request charges not be brought?

I read on here that her parents are both deceased.

WHAT??!!

No, Misty's parents are not deceased.

There are pictures on her sisters-in-law's myspace pages of both parents. They are both alive. Her father, in one pic, has a huge cast on his left leg. And one of the sisters-in-laws talked about him having surgery at the beginning of the month.

If Misty is going to be arrested they would be able to protect her from Ron so I don't think that is it. What puzzles me is why wasn't Ron's mom invited to come down?

Could be why she's not said what happened,she knows how he loves that baby and what he would do for anyone involved in taking her.LE would have to talk to him,so he wouldn't do something to her.IMO She saw his reaction on the 911 call and she seemed more preoccupied with how he was reacting than what dispatcher was saying to him.

I believe LE is just trying to get their "Duck's in a row" They need to question the mother,and they need more information from Ron. I believe they want mom there to confirm that Misti was home, and she didn't have anything to do with it.
I believe they would need to place Ron in a straight jacket to keep him from killing who ever has or has done something with his daughter.
I pray for some "GOOD NEWS".

I can understand them taking Ron to the police department for more questioning. I can understand them taking Crystal to the police department for more questioning. But what I cannot understand is them taking them both at the same time.

And why would they do it right before the presser? I mean, it just doesn't make any sense to me!!!

Supposedly, the media called LE and they said not to let the reward money being upped get leaked until after the presser...ok...well then why do they not care that the media let us know that Ron, Crystal and Crystal's mother were at the police department? Or is that what they were referring to when they said they didn't want it leaked, and it was too late?

I'm so confused right now!

My theory on the parents trip to the Sheriff Dept-

Ron was picked up by the investigator because they don't want him to have the means to leave when they tell him that they think Misty is somehow responsible for this.

I'm thinking she may have confessed to something.......

And since Ron appears to be a hothead, they don't want him to be able to leave and go after her.

That could well be it... Im sure they dont want Ron to be anywhere near Misty if she's confessed to anything..

I believe LE is just trying to get their "Duck's in a row" They need to question the mother,and they need more information from Ron. I believe they want mom there to confirm that Misti was home, and she didn't have anything to do with it.
I believe they would need to place Ron in a straight jacket to keep him from killing who ever has or has done something with his daughter.
I pray for some "GOOD NEWS".

Bolded by me.

I totally believe that too, of course, I totally believe that he would have already of lost it on her, being as she is a fairly new girlfriend and she was supposedly the last one to see Haleigh...if he wasn't involved! JMO

Because in the scope of things, Misty sleeping with Ron or Misty drinking is not really important when you have a little girl out there missing.

IMO, it's not an issue right now. I don't know the intricacies of Florida state law, but to waste time talking about that aspect of this case right now, is just that.......a waste of time.

Please see my posts below as this was already addressed in my previous post. BOLD BY ME. Bottom line is that it's still a legitimate question and it's still a legitimate law and LE are still paid public officials...so...either it's not against the law or MC is emancipated...OR...it is against the law and LE isn't doing their job. I'm leaning towards the age of consent being 16 or that their ages are so close that it doesn't matter. Either way, the law is the law, it doesn't matter if a child is missing or not - please don't take that out of context. In other words, if any drugs were found in that trailer, then there would have been some arrests by now not even taking into consideration a child is missing. I'm just trying to kill 2 birds with 1 stone and get to the bottom of it. Everyone was called to the station, Crystal's mom even had to leave to go get her and bring her back. They were all called there for a reason...and it wasn't released in the presser. Please don't think I'm being snarky, b/c I'm not...just trying to explain what I'm getting at. :blowkiss:

Please see my post #229. Why would LE send Crystals mom to go get her and bring her back to the station? They have RC & MC there. Why would they need them all there right at this specific time? I wonder if they found her and it's not good? In that case, would they keep MC there, while the true bio parents are being informed? Another thing, if MC isn't an emancipated minor, why isn't RC being arrested? I know it would probably be in bad taste when given such circumstances, but still...according to Florida law, is he allowed to have a sexual relationship with MC? Somebody posted the age of consent as being older. I thought I saw it before as stated 16/18 under a Florida law site. It's really bugging me that they called everybody to the office. I guess it could be any number of reasons...:waitasec:

They are in a relationship, have been living together for a little more than 5 months (their words), and have shared the same bed for that duration...I think it's fair to say they're having sex. Bottom line is, what is the actual age of consent in Florida. I found the age to be 18 when a person is 24 or over, but have also seen sites that inform 16/18...so I'm unsure. Also, I saved a couple of photos of MC where, according to the date, she was wayyy underage to be drunk...yet the caption informs she's drunk. Is MC emancipated? Has anyone found that out yet? Reason I'm asking is b/c if she isn't, couldn't her parents have gotten in trouble for her not attending school? Some states it's 16, but others are 18 (legal age to sign yourself out of a school program). I'm a little confused when researching some of these laws and wondering why certain issues aren't brought up in the media & pressers from LE.

do the parents have to press charges in a statutory rape case? or is that just what usually happens? can parents request charges not be brought?

Can I respectfully suggest that those of you wishing to explore that...start a thread if there is not one already?

I need to say this" I am sympathetic to this whole family, I don't think Misty harmed this child, I believe she wasn't watching as good as she should but I don't think she killed or harmed this child. I am not mad (LIKE IN THE A's) I feel real love coming from them. I believe this little girl was very precious to them, she was not a trophy.

Can I respectfully suggest that those of you wishing to explore that...start a thread if there is not one already?

Do you think they could have all been called there, together, for any other reason than to either share an avenue they'd (LE) like to go with, speak to them all to study mannerisms when together and see if everything jives with their timeline, or to identify a body? I think it's odd that LE asked Crystal's mom to leave and go get her daughter (to bring her back with them). Why wouldn't they just go get her themselves, if it's something serious . So, maybe it's nothing?

OT Just listening to CNN,I can't stand KC.:Justice: My favorite moment on tv ever,was seeing Yuri and John Allen,pull up to house on Nancy Grace,we were freaking out,screaming and jumping up and down,it was great!:bow:

This case seems to be it will be quicker,since gf is younger and hasn't gotten the lying technique down as good as KC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katsimpson1022