2009.02.21 FDLE 3pm Presser

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end after the presser they kept asking questions, and there is no press conference tomorrow unless something comes up and press will be notified. Sorry repeat.

No comment. Nothing to see here folks - move along.

Wow - why are they even bothering at this point? Just do a press release.

This is troublesome - the media is going to leave.

You are darned if you do and darned if you don't

It is very important to keep up with the presser's, keep her name out there and the puublic watching.

But they can't do that(keep her name out and our attention) without telling us SOMETHING. People get BORED easily. And if they tell us something then maybe they will compromise there investigation.

Or just MAYBE they have nothing at all to tell us.....

Am I alone in thinking that maybe they are not giving anything because they have a good suspicion that she is already gone, and are just waiting for someone to slip up. That they don't really need the public and the media any more?

Am I alone in thinking that maybe they are not giving anything because they have a good suspicion that she is already gone, and are just waiting for someone to slip up. That they don't really need the public and the media any more?

You are not alone teh. I actually hope you are right because otherwise this is beginning to feel like another unsolved vanishing.

Not asking about when they might release the home back to RC. Nothing about the media report of Jr. seeing a man in black. Those are relevant questions - IMO.

ITA teh - think they are playing the "waiting game". Just waiting for someone's conscious to get the best of him/her.

Media must think....why ask, we just get "no comment on that".
LE is going to lose the media attention if this keeps up. I don't even see the point of these pressers.

Thats what I've been thinking. And they need the public to pay attention! Esp if they believe her to be kidnapped or abducted, which they say they do so....what are they doing?? They need a media consultant to help them. They could give out just enough info to keep the public's attention and nothing else. Thats my opinion anyway.

Huh? A child is missing. I don't care how you look at it, to me THAT IS a crime.

he was referring to that they didn't want to release info now that could possibly hurt a prosecution down the road.

You are darned if you do and darned if you don't

It is very important to keep up with the presser's, keep her name out there and the puublic watching.

But they can't do that(keep her name out and our attention) without telling us SOMETHING. People get BORED easily. And if they tell us something then maybe they will compromise there investigation.

Or just MAYBE they have nothing at all to us.....

there is a ton of stuff they COULD tell us. i think from the beginning they just decided they weren't going to release ANY info and they're being stubborn and sticking to it. they don't want to have to stop and think about every little question as to if it will hurt their investigation or not, or risk hurting their investigation by blurting out something they shouldn't. i agree that it is EXTREMELY frustrating for us but i'll give them the befefit of the doubt that they're doing the right thing (until proven otherwise) even if it does really piss me off.

i think LE knows basically what happened and who is responsible. i just think that they don't have a case that can stand up in court yet. i'm afraid that they might not ever......

IMO they need to at least tell us what CAN be discounted, they are leaving too much to be speculated on. At least separate facts from rumors!

IMO they need to at least tell us what CAN be discounted, they are leaving too much to be speculated on. At least separate facts from rumors!

if LE is on to someone(s), then i think LE is trying to keep the guilty party guessing about what LE knows and what LE is doing as much as they can.

It is so confusing, they don;t want to cause embarresment for the cousin and family yet they won't clear up any rumors founded or not about Ron and Misty. They could at least put some rumors to rest...(sighs)

I thought he stated the cousin in Tenn. was not a POI. Am I wrong again? Does anyone record the pressers? Or is there somewhere to listen to it again? Thanks.

Did they say the cousin is not a suspect. I thought everybody was a suspect!

I have to think that they have a good idea who they suspect but aren't releasing info in hopes of finding Haleigh alive. The don't want to 'spook' the perp.

Every search that's conducted which doesn't result in the location of a body gives hope that perhaps she's still alive and they aren't going to risk her safety.

This actually gives me hope that LE is not releasing much. I hope they are just getting their 'ducks in a row' before moving in.

I am praying so hard for this baby to be returned safely to her family. I fear the worst.

Let's keep the faith for little Haleigh! God Bless little JR and the family.

Did they say the cousin is not a suspect. I thought everybody was a suspect!

I have to think that they have a good idea who they suspect but aren't releasing info in hopes of finding Haleigh alive. The don't want to 'spook' the perp.

Every search that's conducted which doesn't result in the location of a body gives hope that perhaps she's still alive and they aren't going to risk her safety.

This actually gives me hope that LE is not releasing much. I hope they are just getting their 'ducks in a row' before moving in.

I am praying so hard for this baby to be returned safely to her family. I fear the worst.

Let's keep the faith for little Haleigh! God Bless little JR and the family.

Like I said, I could be wrong but I thought that was said today. I am trying to find the presser recorded. So as for now, it's just this old persons memory.

ETA, the only thing I have found is a comment about the presser on Firstcoast News website. Just one comment though mentioning the cousin not being a POI. Hopefully, some of the news people will mention this, at least so I know I am not crazy. LOL

if LE is on to someone(s), then i think LE is trying to keep the guilty party guessing about what LE knows and what LE is doing as much as they can.

I agree. I would not want this sherrif after me. He seems very capable. He was 14 years with Putnam Co before he became sherrif, so he knows the area and the people. He has 'kept the peace' in this very difficult jurisdiction for a while. I have confidence that he is doing a good job.

No 'Presser' scheduled for tomorrow UNLESS something comes up. There will be a 'Presser' on Monday

well its not like they say anything anyway... why bother with it. its just a lame attempt by LE to make themselves look like they are doing something.

They don't want to embarrass the family? What exactly does that mean?
Why is LE saying this? Embarrass, like someone tripped and fell and when they stood up their pants fell down and they had boxers on that said ‘dumb a$$’. What am I not getting? Help me. Help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarah0