2009.03.06 Nancy Grace

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
David Westerfield was able to go into the Van Dam home, go up the stairs and take little Danielle out of her bed without anyone hearing. It can be done and has been done before. A man's hand is big enough to cover a small child's mouth and nose. If the perp was quick about it, I doubt Haleigh would have started making noise right off the bat. Terrible thought but it does happen.
JMO

I just had the most awful thought. Can you imagine yourself in this position: you go to bed, in the middle of the night you awake to realize that you are being carried out of your home by some monster with his hand over your mouth(or duct tape over it!) and none of your family hears this. Can you imagine the terror, can you imagine the terror Haleigh felt? OMG..... I'm sorry everyone, but I just wanted you all to realize this with me and cry with me too.

I am curious if the position of the bed had changed at all from against the wall that night.
I am sure LE took photos of it during those wee hours..
Those toddler bed mattresses are very light..no matter how someone picked Haleigh up out of that bed, the mattress would have moved some.

I seen the design on the toddler/baby bed matress. We had the same one got it at toys r us. it is plastic material and would make noise.:waitasec:

Still don't understand LE not taking the matress for evidence.

This was definitely done by someone familiar with this house and these people. A stranger would not know all slept in the master bedroom. A stranger would have tried going through a child's bedroom window, don't cha think?
A stranger would not have propped open a self slamming screen door, nor would he know that a piece of laundry would be enough to hold the back door open.
Only someone that lived in that house would know all of this. Even a person familiar with the family would have had to have done some extensive pre-planning.
With the rumors of MC and her weekend, break-up...geez. Then you have Ron's crazy histrionics from the get go as well as claiming the door was broken into...

I seen the design on the toddler/baby bed matress. We had the same one got it at toys r us. it is plastic material and would make noise.:waitasec:

I assumed the just stripped the bedding off and took that

LOL, I am a heavy sleeper also. My hubby said a jet could land on the roof and I would not hear.

I think it is entirely possible the perp knew the family and more importantly, knew the layout of the trailer. Most likely the perp has gone in & out of the Cummings home before and knew to prop the door.
As shown on NG tonight, someone knew that storm/screen door would shut behind them so they propped it open. If dirty clothes were on the floor then the big door was kept open with the clothes.
The perp was familiar with the family and that trailer. JMO

I'm a heavy sleeper too! My youngest daughter gets in my bed in the middle of the night every night and I don't ever wake up, unless she wakes me up to tell me to scoot over LOL.

I agree that someone knew that back door slams like that...and they had to know that the kids were sleeping in their dad's room.

Why would LE need the matress ? I think it is a given, at least I hope it is that the bed clothes would have been taken after preliminary testing, perhaps luminol and other prelims. If these tests showed no reason to take the matress, why bother with it ? Seems to me the bed clothing would tell more than the matress.

I hope that LE got little Junior's story that night or the next day. I am afraid if an adult asked a child, "Did their shoes squeak?", the child would say, yes. Just saying that while we may know not to make suggestions within the questions, other people may not know.

If the perp didn't wake Misty up then I doubt he woke up Junior UNLESS Misty was not there!

JMO

I keep coming back to Misti's statement that JR was awake and up as she fell off to sleep. She either verified that he was awake at some point and even maybe that he's not such a sound sleeper. That, and the laundry on the floor not being trailed into the kitchen or out that back door have been my main suspicion points.

I don't understand it either..
It has me thinking though..
Misty first said Haleigh was in the bed with her..
Misty washed a blanket for her, and I guess Junior..
I wonder if they found Haleigh's hair on that newly washed blanket and can prove that Haleigh was in that bed or her own..
I still have a problem too, with no footprints being on the ramp.. I just don't see it possible unless the perp went back inside and threw water or swept it off as they came back in the door.

Thank you, I havent figured out how to post photos without blowing margins.
Keep trying Busy, if you blow the margin you can delete it, or if I have the time I'll try and do it for you.

I wonder if he saw a shadow?
or imagination? like batman?
How lit up is the dark home at night?
Skylights? blinds open? thru windows? (full moon)
someone said he said 'black man in black'..........
is someone trying to pin this on RC friend Orlando?

Hi passionflower,

That is what i have been thinking, that JR saw a shadow. I have been asking about the skylight's today. Had visitors and have not checked all threads, but i would really like to find out. gonna go look at the photo of the outside of the house again.

thanks again to everyone for giving us such great descriptions.

My heart goes out to Haleighs family

what if Misty was out front maybe smoking a cigarette or talking to someone else. I wonder if the house is set up so that someone could prop the storm door go in the side door and get back out without her hearing. Technically Misty was still "home" all night. Maybe just not in the house! Could be a way to pass that question on a polygraph.
Just My own theory. Not implying fault!
I think it could be possible for somebody to sneak in the back door while she was out on the front porch, assuming of course, she'd be out there long enough to take Haleigh and get away. My question is did the perp have a car or not? If so, where did they park it? If not, how far could they carry Haleigh?

I'm a heavy sleeper too! My youngest daughter gets in my bed in the middle of the night every night and I don't ever wake up, unless she wakes me up to tell me to scoot over LOL.

I agree that someone knew that back door slams like that...and they had to know that the kids were sleeping in their dad's room.

To have the nerve to take child from 4 feet away though. That tells me they had inside info, that they knew for sure that Misty wouldn't wake up. I can't imagine thar if Ron kept guns in the house and left his children with this girl at night, that he didn't teach her to shoot! My father was an avid hunter and gun coolector, no trouble involving any of the allegations against RC, and we all knew how to shoot. JMO

Why would LE need the matress ? I think it is a given, at least I hope it is that the bed clothes would have been taken after preliminary testing, perhaps luminol and other prelims. If these tests showed no reason to take the matress, why bother with it ? Seems to me the bed clothing would tell more than the matress.
Except it was reported (initial reports coming out) that LE took the sheets and blanket outside and put them on the ramp so the dogs could get their "mark" from them. :bang:

ANYBODY Please tell me where the back door that was shown on NG has been discussed. I had to leave and have to know what was said about the door. The door SAYS ALOT, IMO. I dont want to post my theory if you have already covered this, so please lead me to that if it exists.TY

I've also thought this could be a possibility, or maybe even Haleigh got up went into the kitchen, turned the light on and the perp was there ~ so instead of abducting her from her bed, he got her in the kitchen. Just one theory.
Wow, and what a good theory it is! Intruder knew RC wasn't at home, so broke in (picked the locks, propped open the storm door, etc), with intent to take money or drugs they thought was in, say, a kitchen cabinet. Turned the light on and made a slight noise. Haleigh woke up and came into kitchen thinking it was Daddy. Intruder impulsively grabbed her because she recognized him and ran out the door. Now what does he do?

I just don't think there was an intruder. The longer this goes on....the more we see, it just does not fit. IMO

Oh- layout shows that Misty could have used the master bath and would not have noticed kitchen light on!

WTF? If I wake up at 3AM I don't truck across the house to use the other bathroom. I use the one in my bedroom.

I'm more convinced than ever that Misty has lied.

the only reason I can think of is that she did not want to wake the children. Probably thought if she snuck over to the other bathroom, no door closing or toilet flushing..etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonyotoole