2009.03.10 - Hand Written Note From Tot Mom in Response to Pros. Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm still shaking my head at #7. Why did he file this? Did he counsel her that it would not be in her best interest to add #7? Stunned...

Maybe KC and JB are getting cocky with the high-powered Defense team and addition of TM? Maybe they feel arrogant and empowered enough to thumb their nose at SA, the media and, public at large?

The bigger they become the harder they fall.

I think this is good because JB is becoming over-confident, will make major mistakes like these and, guarantee a conviction and Justice for Caylee.

According to JVM, Baez just filed his response to the Pros in regards to thier motion filed to discover where she is getting her cash for her team.
Casey wrote in effect that the Pros. is angry with her for NOT taking a plea deal for a "crime that I DID NOT COMMIT."

Interesting...

Complete with her addolescent hand written commentary....

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

Is this a joke?

IMO, the #7 written in bt KC allowed her to "take the stand" without really taking the stand........IMO, Baez knew exactly what he was allowing..........get that not guilty statement out there so all the media can glom on to it, and for those individuals who are not sleuthers will remember her "statement". Taking the stand without being cross examined 7 months before the trial.

I bet you 10 jailhouse twinkies there has been NO plea deal on the table since Caylee's body has been found.

I think it's total defense tactic. If they put it out there that a "plea" is/was on the table , the potential jury pool could read into that the state's case is weak....and they want a plea to assure some type of conviction.

It's a defense strategy and of course all about Casey. As it has been since day 1. Unfortunately.

(mybold)

Thank you! If she wants to testify, do it in a court of law if she is innocent. I would love for her to enlighten me on how her daughter's dead, decomposing body ended up in the trunk of her car and then discovered down the road a piece from her from her home tripple bagged...:furious:

I was out that way today and went by the memorial for the first time. Wow, the site is literally right around the corner from her house. I can't imagine how she can expect anyone to believe she didn't "dump" her there. It was very overwhelming to see the actual site and all the teddy bears and roses placed there for Caylee. Still trying to shake off the the overwhelming sadness that overcame me there. Just sooo sad.

Respectfully copied from Themis on a thread about the SA motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailee
Did KC give up her right to remain silent by writing this herself??

Bailee! WOW! She can be cross examined on her affidavit and her handwritten note. Her handwritten note "opens the door" because it addresses the merits of whether or not she killed Caylee! WOW!

Break out the champagne in the Prosecutor's offices!

That is the way I see it. I had to read the whole thing several times and make sure and yes, it is in her handwriting. Signed, sealed and delivered. What's next I wonder?????

Respectfully copied from Themis on a thread about the SA motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailee
Did KC give up her right to remain silent by writing this herself??

Bailee! WOW! She can be cross examined on her affidavit and her handwritten note. Her handwritten note "opens the door" because it addresses the merits of whether or not she killed Caylee! WOW!

Break out the champagne in the Prosecutor's offices!

My apologies for being obtuse -- does this mean that if/when this case goes to trial, KC will have to take the stand?

It is beyond my comprehension that they are still sticking to that story, it is unbelievable, has been debunked by LE and even her own family. For crissakes they had never heard of the woman, let alone laid eyes on her. Caylee never talked about her, there is NO RECORD OR DOCUMENTATION of any existance, payment for services, or telecommunications with this ghost!

Of all the evidence I've read regarding the nanny, the one thing that stands out as the strongest to me is the fact that Casey said the nanny called her that one afternoon, but of everything I've read, there was no call that could be tied to her. I don't see any way that she'll be able to explain that one away....

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.

Can you give me a link to where the SA's made that statement because I can't find it in their filing?

I do not see any kind of personal attack on either CA or JB in the SA's filing. The SA is being smart to look at this now so that in the event CA is convicted at trial, that it cannot be overturned on appeal in the future based on a possible conflict of interest with her attorney. To me it seems that the SA is dotting every i and crossing every t to ensure that CA gets a fair trial, with her choice of counsel, which will have no grounds for appeal further down the road. Have you read the SA filing on this?

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18900094/detail.html

To quote from the SA document:

"The State is not requesting that, based upon the findings of this inquiry, the court block counsel's representation of the Defendant. We have no interest in interfering with the Defendant's right to counsel of her choice. It is important at this juncture that the court establish on the record the nature of the financial agreements, the exact source of funds, the Defendant's knowledge of those facts, the existance of any potential conflict of interest, and the Defendant's knowing and intelligent waiver of any such conflict. To fail to make this inquiry at this time is to invite future claims, whether spurious or not, of conflict of interest. The resulting lengthy and costly hearing years down the line, when memories and loyalties have changed, is an unecessary risk that can be avoided by a prompt and through inquiry now."

The SA is not asking for JB to be removed from the case, they just want to be sure that CA is 100% aware of all financial dealings and any possible resulting conflict. IMO for JB to make say that it is a personal attack by the SA against him is highly unprofessional on his part.

MOO, JMO, IMO

IMO, the #7 written in bt KC allowed her to "take the stand" without really taking the stand........IMO, Baez knew exactly what he was allowing..........get that not guilty statement out there so all the media can glom on to it, and for those individuals who are not sleuthers will remember her "statement". Taking the stand without being cross examined 7 months before the trial.

No different than her plea of "100% INNOCENT!"!

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.
This not about removing JB to please the State. I just wonder if we'll ever get around to finding out about JB's relationship with TB aka GC...and G-d knows who else.

What Attorney allows his client, to hand-write this affirmation into a legal document?

Interesting what Judge S. will think of this??

And, The signature is is now reduced to 3 letters!:cool:

Casey has changed her signature to match Jose's. He signs his documents that way, and now she does too. Isn't that cute? :yuck:

I was out that way today and went by the memorial for the first time. Wow, the site is literally right around the corner from her house. I can't imagine how she can expect anyone to believe she didn't "dump" her there. It was very overwhelming to see the actual site and all the teddy bears and roses placed there for Caylee. Still trying to shake off the the overwhelming sadness that overcame me there. Just sooo sad.

I'm sure the jury will be taken there as well!

What 'nanny' is going to go by there and dump a baby's dead body while she's in jail and the media is camped out right outside of her home???

What Attorney allows his client, to hand-write this affirmation into a legal document?

Interesting what Judge S. will think of this??

And, The signature is is now reduced to 3 letters!:cool:

CMA, do doubt. Where have we heard that before ? :rolleyes:

My apologies for being obtuse -- does this mean that if/when this case goes to trial, KC will have to take the stand?
It may open the door, but she can still plead the 5th, no?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back