2009.03.10 - Hand Written Note From Tot Mom in Response to Pros. Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that Casey will ever consider taking a plea. She maintains her innocense and is sticking to the Nanny story. She believes she is going to walk right out of that courthouse after the trial. No pleas for this monster.
Is it bad for me to say that I can't wait till that smug look is wiped off her face?

Is it bad for me to say that I can't wait till that smug look is wiped off her face?

Obviously, she believes she can buy her way out of this with money made from her awful disgusting crime........... So it will be PRICELESS and I can't wait to see that spoiled selfish evil smugness wiped off her face either!!!

Casey has changed her signature to match Jose's. He signs his documents that way, and now she does too. Isn't that cute? :yuck:

OT/

i noticed that in her last signing. Sure doesn't look like the Mrs.TL signature, she was practicing.

Oh...Man. This is getting so funny, i am thinking of thanking JB for all of the comic relief. Caylee is going to receive Justice:woohoo:

It may open the door, but she can still plead the 5th, no?

Oh, I see -- so based on her note, the prosecution could call her to the stand, but she could invoke her fifth amendment rights to avoid answering their questions. Thanks!

Now, whether she's able to get on the stand and avoid flapping her gums...that's another question. It's like that Ron White routine (paraphrased): "I had the right to remain silent...but I did not have the ability." :cool:

they want to nail her and thank GOD they do.... seems like nobody else in the whole family wants to help the situation

nail her by making sure they cover all bases... im all for it :cool:

Yep, that's the way I see it too...locking her up and throwing away the appellate key.

A lie is a lie. Written or stated under oath. No matter what CA says...It is against the law...:chicken::chicken:

Reading the response again I am just laughing my a$$ off that JB allowed her to write #7 in, let alone submitted it. It reads to me, a statement so juvinile...like whining that "SA is just mad at me for not taking the deal."
I has nothing to do with what SA is seeking to discover with thier filling.
Just hysterical! :laughbig:

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.

IMO it's more likely that LE is just making sure they have everything covered - i's dotted t's crossed - There has been a lot of speculation about where the money is coming from for KC's experts and attorney's and LE wants to make sure that they aren't preparing for a very expensive trial that can be reversed on appeal if KC is convicted. LE needs to make sure that KC is totally aware of how JB is using money that might be coming in from licensing of photos to Talk Shows etc. and make sure he has authority to do whatever he is doing with whatever funds.

LE is doing their JOB

According to JVM, Baez just filed his response to the Pros in regards to thier motion filed to discover where she is getting her cash for her team.
Casey wrote in effect that the Pros. is angry with her for NOT taking a plea deal for a "crime that I DID NOT COMMIT."

Interesting...

Complete with her addolescent hand written commentary....

http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

I don't understand why it was necessary for Casey to respond directly to this motion and state what is or isn't in the retainment agreement. Why can't Baez simply produce the agreement and be done with it?

The State Attorney claims that JB is not acting in KC's best interest because the SA believes that a confession is in her best interest and that she should not present her defense in court at trial. I guess every defense attorney who takes criminal cases to trial can be accused of the same as far as the State is concerned.

Well, too bad. Just because the State wants to convict KC the easy way doesnt' mean that she has to follow their strategy to put her in jail. She is entitled to force the SA to prove the State's case against her and to present a defense to the State's case. Because she refuses to let the SA determine her defense strategy, the SA is attacking her attorney. To me, this is beyond low. KC is right, they are making a mountain out of JB's payments or lack thereof because KC and JB won't succumb to pressure to plea.

She is not required to make it easy on the State.

Even if you hate her, she is still entitled to have the attorney of her choice represent her and it is not the State's duty to attack the attorney of choice. And if you ask me, the SA is responding this way because KC will not plea. So, the State is trying to take her attorney out of the picture. This goes against everything that is emodied in the right to counsel and a fair trial.

She is on trial, not JB.
I have to respectfully disagree with this. These attorneys are being paid somehow. Casey and her family had no money until this tragedy befell Caylee. Now she has a high powered defense team. It raises questions as to where did this money come from. Also, with all of the evidence combined with Baez's lack of experience and strange public comments one begins to wonder if Casey is receiving quality legal councel. Even allowing her to handwrite that statement is questionable. Imo if her attorney was behaving like a proffesional, he would be treated as such.

Since JB let her write this and submitted it to court, doesnt this throw out any future "ok i did it, but it was an accident" theory? She just said in legal papers I DID NOT DO IT. They are really dumb to stick with the nanny story.

Ultimately they have to do what Casey says.

I understand the states view that there is SO MUCH evidence that it IS in Casey's best interest to take a plea or say it was an accident and go with some mental or accident defence. A good lawyer would be advising Casey that either of those are her BEST SHOT and the state wants to make sure that there are no outside factors swaying JB away from that BEST SHOT.

However, we don't know that JB hasn't tried. Casey is a good liar, and she knows from past experiance that even if someone SUSPECTS she's lying, if she just sticks with her story doubt will creep in. JB may have realised very quickly that she would never EVER allow him to put forth any defence other than complete innocence. It may be incredibly stupid, but he HAS TO do what SHE wants or else she can just drop him. In that case the only real option is distraction or conspiracy. Hence all the experts, media circus (at least the part coming from JB), and accusations of police misconduct.

I never for a second thought Casey would admit an iota of guilt. She'll never let the people she hates be proved right and she'll feed off the attention she gets from all the whackos sending her letters telling her how they believe in her innocence.

Hmm KC can speak via the note and when people were outside her house threatening her family she managed to call LE. Isnt it something how only when it pertains to HERSELF, she can speak. I have no pity, let her tell it to her lawyer who drinks her kool aide.

She is tightening the space in which her defense has to maneuver...

IMO

I agree, and I can see how KC & JB think they can get a message of innocence to the jury pool while still wiggling out of this written statement at her trial.

KC wrote that she did not accept a plea agreement to "a crime" she did not commit: 1) she's committed a number of crimes and 2) KC & JB do not equate "an accident due to mental illness" with the "crime" of Murder 1 - and they're banking at least one juror won't either.

I have to respectfully disagree with this. These attorneys are being paid somehow. Casey and her family had no money until this tragedy befell Caylee. Now she has a high powered defense team. It raises questions as to where did this money come from. Also, with all of the evidence combined with Baez's lack of experience and strange public comments one begins to wonder if Casey is receiving quality legal councel. Even allowing her to handwrite that statement is questionable. Imo if her attorney was behaving like a proffesional, he would be treated as such.

He has to do what she says. If she told him SHE wants to respond, he has the obligation to advise her not to do so, but if she still insists it is not up to him to stop it. Normal people listen to their lawyers. Casey is not normal.

The state does need to make sure this is what's happening though. I could care less how many high priced experts she has...I think everyone should have a multi-million defence because otherwise rich people get a pass and this is America where your income should not affect your justice.

HOWEVER the question is whether these stupid things the defence does are because CASEY is so self-centered that she thinks she knows better than her lawyer, or because her lawyer is not giving her proper advice due to conflicts of interest. I think it's the former, but I do understand why the state needs to make sure.

Other than that it's none of my concern who pays for her defence...it just doesn't matter for anything other than curiosity.

Where is the diary..now I want to compare the WRITING !!!!

JB is having some client control problems. He really needs to buck up and do his job properly. First that crazy statement before Caylee's memorial and now a handwritten jab (with absurd content) in a sworn affidavit. I wonder if she insists of testifying...yes, I think she is that delusional.

Where is the diary..now I want to compare the WRITING !!!!

I just compared it to my photo uploaded to my album here and its the exact same

So that squashes thoughts that it wasnt written by casey

Its identical

Hmm KC can speak via the note and when people were outside her house threatening her family she managed to call LE. Isnt it something how only when it pertains to HERSELF, she can speak. I have no pity, let her tell it to her lawyer who drinks her kool aide.

How true. The only other time she spoke while being housed in the jail was the day before Caylee's public memorial when Baez came out and read a little stmt from her. You know the one....where she claimed that it wasn't HER wishes that Caylee was cremated...blah...blah...blah. The whole stmt was childish as was the latest one. It almost makes me wonder if she's threatening to fire Baez if he doesn't 'obey her' and let her voice be heard. IMO a competent attorney would not allow such stmts to be made publically. They make both Baez and Casey look juvenille.

I don't understand why it was necessary for Casey to respond directly to this motion and state what is or isn't in the retainment agreement. Why can't Baez simply produce the agreement and be done with it?

:clap::clap: Exactly!! :clap::clap:

:woohoo::woohoo:

They are trying too hard and trying to be too clever to create a distraction and smokescreen when, if this is legit then -- what's the problem? Show the agreement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back