2009.03.10 - Hand Written Note From Tot Mom in Response to Pros. Motion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Actually, it is exactly the State's job to make sure the defense is offering proper and reasonable services to their client, since it is the State which will have to proceed through another trial when it goes to appeal because of ineffectual counsel for the defense. In fact, Baez has gone on record as stating his client is innocent and he will offer evidence to such at trial. That says he's keeping something from the State, forcing the State to proceed in an action that he himself says they must in order to hear what he has to say about evidence to his client's innocence.

IF his client is innocent, and IF he has information that would prove that unequivocally, as an officer of the court, it is HIS duty to provide that to the State in order that the appropriate person faces prosecution.

And lastly, simply because Casey scrawled on the bottom of an affidavit that the State is mad at her for not taking a plea agreement (one that has never been acknowledged by her own attorney, let alone the State) does not make that statement true. Limited immunity (the only offer that is known to have been on the table) is not the same as a plea.

And now, add to all that the tape being released! Jose already has the touchy feely tape out there. Who can forget that initial perp walk out of the jail when she was first released? The smirk on her face, the caress of his shirt, the gentle whisper in her ear, and then the charge through the crowd to get into the car. If he repeated these actions inside the jail where there are notices all over the place that there are video cameras everywhere, then it seems to me Jose needs to learn to read.

hi, sorry this is so late in the game but does anyone have a link to the video referred to here in the last paragraph, the walk from jail?

tia.

Also, IF she's going to make all this money off of her heinous crime in order to pay her defense, she should then be made to not only pay income taxes BUT made to pay back the state of FLA for the waste of time & $$$ once she is convicted!

SHE had LE going in circles while she KNEW right where Caylee was!

I've seen cases where murderer's have been fined when they are sentenced. The huge waste of expenses should also be sanctioned in cases like this, imo.

also, another dumb question, but if this were to be a mistrial, would kc be kept in jail waiting for and during another trial or would she be offered bond?

This is unbelievable.

I am starting to get the feeling that JB either wants off this case and is trying to get removed or he doesn't care what happens to Casey as long as he gets his fame and fortune or he is so far under Casey's spell that he can't even say no to her or adivse her properly. It doesn't matter which one but he certainly is not acting in the best interest of his client.

As her lawyer he should have never let her write that. It changes everything.

I honestly can't figure out if he's really that dumb or he's following some sort of weird plan.

Why do you all think he let her do this? I don't think anyone has been able to convince Casey to not do whatever she wants. He can advise her not to include handwritten notes on the document when it's given to her to sign, but he can't force her not to.

And if she insisted on doing this against her attorney's advice, I don't see how that would lead to a mistrial, especially since the trial hasn't started.

Very much agreed that KC does what KC wants. Maybe her defense is planning on presenting that they have indeed met their obligation to explain and inform, but that KC is incapable of understanding. I just dont' know. This is really bothering me.

We can only speculate at this point, but it appears to me to be an unfortunate combination of JB's lack of experience/greed and his client's stupidity/lack of self-control/narcissism... *I could go on and on*

Why do you all think he let her do this? I don't think anyone has been able to convince Casey to not do whatever she wants. He can advise her not to include handwritten notes on the document when it's given to her to sign, but he can't force her not to.

And if she insisted on doing this against her attorney's advice, I don't see how that would lead to a mistrial, especially since the trial hasn't started.

ITA, if KC pitched a fit and wrote that and told JB to submit it, there is nothing he can do but advise her of what that would mean in the long run. She has such anger issues and impulse control issues that I could see her saying she doesnt care just do it. I think that's what happened with the presser JB did the day before the memorial. I think she told him to do it, or else.

I just hope that somewhere down the road she doesn't pull all this up and say she had poor representation and gets an appeal.

But on the plus side, it does change things for the prosecution, I just hope that it also doesn't cause a snag later on.

No wonder the prosecution is bringing up the issue of who is paying the bill. They want it out there and on record that they are concerned that she is represented properly not only so she gets a fair trial but so that there is absolutely NO reason for any appeals after the trial.

LE wants a one trial deal with LWOP and they want it to stick. I for one am glad that they seem to really be dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's, and catching all this stuff before the trial. More chance that KC is going down :woohoo:

Reading the response again I am just laughing my a$$ off that JB allowed her to write #7 in, let alone submitted it. It reads to me, a statement so juvinile...like whining that "SA is just mad at me for not taking the deal."
I has nothing to do with what SA is seeking to discover with thier filling.
Just hysterical! :laughbig:
Bingo! Why would the prosecution be mad? Other than their time and expense, it's their JOB Casey, their job!!! They expect to go to trial. They have no need to be mad about it. Once again, Casey is making it all about her, like she's the only murderer.:rolleyes:

ITA, if KC pitched a fit and wrote that and told JB to submit it, there is nothing he can do but advise her of what that would mean in the long run. She has such anger issues and impulse control issues that I could see her saying she doesnt care just do it. I think that's what happened with the presser JB did the day before the memorial. I think she told him to do it, or else.

I just hope that somewhere down the road she doesn't pull all this up and say she had poor representation and gets an appeal.

But on the plus side, it does change things for the prosecution, I just hope that it also doesn't cause a snag later on.

No wonder the prosecution is bringing up the issue of who is paying the bill. They want it out there and on record that they are concerned that she is represented properly not only so she gets a fair trial but so that there is absolutely NO reason for any appeals after the trial.

LE wants a one trial deal with LWOP and they want it to stick. I for one am glad that they seem to really be dotting all the I's and crossing all the T's, and catching all this stuff before the trial. More chance that KC is going down :woohoo:

Some how. Some way. Casey will end up getting an appeal. I can see the writing on the wall.

The state does need to make sure this is what's happening though. I could care less how many high priced experts she has...I think everyone should have a multi-million defence because otherwise rich people get a pass and this is America where your income should not affect your justice.
I agree with this. I can't understand why all these lawyers are coming out of the woodwork for Casey, but she does need to have a good defense and so does anyone else, guilty or no.

Look at the signature on this document:
http://www.wftv.com/blank/18901013/detail.html

That is what I mean.
It is like a C and then a couple of lines that do not even resemble letters. It is like she thinks she is a doctor signing a scrip or something-you cannot even tell it is a signature. This is the second one like this I have seen though so she must have practiced it and decided she likes it. I have seen other versions of her sig and this one takes the cake for LUDICROUS way to write a signature...:twocents:
It's so weird. It's like she's signing herself as "Cay." What is that? I had the wild thought that she is trying to get a retrial later by saying she didn't sign those documents or that they were not properly signed so she can't be held to them. That's probably not possible - I hope not.

One "buyer" well known by now is ABC. It certainly wouldn't be very hard for the SA office to track that down. A paper trail might get confusing at times, but is never untraceable. IMO.
Judge S is far from stupid and will see right through this smokescreen. JB is orchestrating the whole thing and will get his a$$ in a sling over this.
BTW..can you imagine KC finally having reportable income and having to actually pay taxes?
She wouldn't know what to do! She probably doesn't even KNOW that people have to pay taxes on their income since she's never had any to speak of! :rolleyes:

In one paragraph, Casey wrote,

“After dropping Caylee off at Zenaida’s apartment, I proceeded to head to my place of employment, Universal Studios Orlando..."/QUOTE]
Very Judge Judy of her. Many of the people on that show say stuff like that, I assume to try to sound important and knowledgeable about legal terms. Another case, IMO, of the Anthonys trying to inflate what they say and make the listener think they got some information when they really didn't.

Bolded by me.
Just out of curiousity, how many people here would hire Baez after seeing him in action so far?
I vote not me.
Lanie
I don't believe I would, either! :p

Casey thinks that she is so smart and that her lies will get her off. She has lied to everyone, stolen from family and friends and has killed.... her precious Caylee. This is one mess mommy, daddy and Lee are not going to be able to cover up. The handwriting is on the wall...not some note written from her...she is not as smart as she thinks and will get hers... wait until the trial...her eyes will definitely be opened..she only hears what Baez has to say...wait till she hears what the prosecutor has to say...and all of the evidence...she won't be able to lie out of this one....:razz:

Some how. Some way. Casey will end up getting an appeal. I can see the writing on the wall.
Her appeal will be ineffective assistance of council. This guy just gets more and more unprofessional each day! :razz:Glad the Florida Bar has their attention on him!

Baez allowed it because the written statement allowed KC to "take the stand" without being crossexamined before her trial. The media "gloms" on to it, spreads the message and potential jurors (who do not pay much attention as sleuthers do) will remember that she said she was not guilty. I am not a lawyer, but I think that, down the road, it opens the door for the prosecution to get her on the witness stand and ask her about it. Baez, it seems, will deal with that when the "down the road" comes.

Exactly. See my previous post. If she claims an accidental death she still can make the statement she didn't commit first degree murder.

hmmmmm.....accidental???? Like she accidentally gave chloroform to a two year old???? I know that I certainly don't see anything accidental about that....

Looks like functionally illiterate Casey strikes again. What was the point of her writing that?? Kinda doubt anyone will change their minds because of this.
it allowed her to take the stand, state her not guily verdict without the ability for the state to x-amine ....for now.

any attorney who would like his client to take the stand without being crossexamined
Any juror with half a brain would see right through her statement. What criminal says they're Guilty??? NONE! Even Scott Peterson's attorney proclaimed him, "100% Stone Cold Innocent". Didn't make it so, he now sits on Death Row!

Amen, Horace! Amen!
Casey Anthony shows her stupidity and her ignorance once again!
Who else would make such a comment towards the State Attorney?
This girl is truely a piece of work.:furious:
IMO, she is not "functionally illterate", it was a PLOY allowed by Baez to allow KC to take the stand without being x-amined........ for now..........Potential jurors (not sleuthers) will only remember the headline of this.....that she said she is NG, 7 months b4 trial. Oh My, just realized that NG (not guilty) are the same initials for N.grace, the lovely sensatiional "journalist"

And honestly.....who in their right mind wants to hear what she has to say???? Even IF...and this is a huge IF...but even if she were to admit killing little Caylee, we'll probably never know how it really happened, because she will NEVER tell the truth....I wouldn't trust a thing she said....how can anyone believe her with all the lies we've heard??? She deserves to rot....in the worst way imaginable....not just for killing her baby, but for allowing her remains to be scattered by animals....she disgusts me

A serious conflict of interest would be one thing, but a more garden variety ineffective assistance claim? I guess we can take a little "comfort" (terrible comment on the criminal justice system) in the fact that they are virtually impossible to prevail on. Lawyers have slept through trials, you name it.

Just an observation, but it doesn't seem as if the A's want independent, strong lawyers who will tell them the hard stuff, all the things they don't want to hear, and give them unflinching advice about what's in their best interests. They seem to want people they can control, and who will go forth and engage in their petty, personal stuff, even if it's contrary to their best interests. I can only think this stuff is in the affidavit because the defendant insisted.

hmmmmm.....accidental???? Like she accidentally gave chloroform to a two year old???? I know that I certainly don't see anything accidental about that....

Squirrels did it. They carried the bottle of chloroform into the car and it spilled over. Caylee died, and the squirrlels, woozy themselves, plastered their bodies underneath the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back